Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 hints at "unexpected" expansion packs coming in 2020

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    "well-received Island Living " hahaha funny

It's pretty telling about the state of the game and Maxis overall that they always need to deny things...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    there not going by what people think they're going by how well it sold and I didn't really like that ep myself but its one of the best selling sims 4 packs @Jordan061102
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • WillskyWillsky Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2020
    I have a few predicitions for 2020:

- Farming expansion pack
    - Similar storytelling gamepack to strangerville
    - Maybe another occult based pack like Realm of Magic and Vampires
    - Another collaboration (potentially?)
    - Big updates (new NPCs, prehaps spiral staircases?)
    - Showtime pack (DJ Career, Acrobat/magician and Record Labels) Credits to Ulibaba66

My predicition which I am most certain with is a Farming/country living game pack. I really would like to see something like this in the game. Hopefully it will brng things such as, tractors, new animals (chickens,horses etc), farmers markets, a new country world (American themed). Maybe a 64x64 lot for a big farm. Nectar making (like TS3), jam making etc.
    Post edited by Willsky on
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited January 2020
    I hope Farming and cars are coming at least. I would love a Showtime 2.0, with singers, rappers and bands and recording studios etc, and a Generations-like pack.

Edit: OMG and updated babies this year is a MUST too! Also improved personalities. Possibly also a cooking overhaul?
    Post edited by ULIBABA66 on
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Well New Year New Month. Wonder when we ll see the First Gamepack of the year.

I'm intrigued for the next bit of news.
    #Team Occult
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I can’t wait to see what TS4 has in store for us this year! Let’s hope there will be some amazing new updates and packs with cool new features.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I mean, I'm not sure how unexpected it would be, but I'd like an EP sized vacation world with a themepark and hotels, though if they can do it GP sized, I'd be okay with that too.

I'm neutral on Farming/off the land. I don't get the appeal, but I don't begrudge it to anyone who does.

I'm less enthused about different times, if only because they'd have to be kept so separate from the rest of the world. Which is why that idea might work better with a Theme park idea. (A medieval one, a future one, and something I can't think of at the moment)

I'd like werewolves and real Fae, but I don't know that they'd really be unexpected. Real Fae might.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Big Brother Tv Show Gamepack. They've had this listed in surveys before so it wouldn't surprise me.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Isn't there a mod that is based on the Big Brother TV show already? I watched part of a streamer's Let's Play vod a few months ago that looked very similiar to the TV show.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Big Brother Tv Show Gamepack. They've had this listed in surveys before so it wouldn't surprise me.

Eww, I hope not.
  • WillskyWillsky Posts: 63 Member
    @ULIBABA66

The idea of a showtime pack actually seems quite possible and likely. They haven't really covered this theme yet, (they added singing in CL but I believe it was transferred to the base game). That would be really cool if Sims could record their own songs, and make their own record labels! Maybe a DJ career, and a magician/acrobat career could make a return; I'd love that!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited January 2020
    "On The Road", a road trip theme would be a new way to use the cars in The Sims.

A way for the sims to spend time together and travel in different places with a minimum of things.

00-mai13.jpg

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Someone mentioned hoverboards in a DU thread - I don't think they've done that? (I didn't buy a lot of the later S3 packs - they didn't appeal to me.)

@Spiddermouse - I thought of a city vacation destination, too. I think that would be new. It would definitely have to include hotels. The only problem is that a lot of the things that might have been included are already in the CL pack - things like festivals would have been more suited to a vacation pack.

How about a haunted house vacation pack? It could include some of the stuff from the Happy Haunts idea. I think it should be more than a location with a lot of ghosts - there should be things to discover, and maybe interaction with the ghosts would help you find treasures in the house, or learn about its history.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    @invisiblgirl Hoverboards were in the Sims3 pack Into the Future. It was an okay pack but it came out late in Sims3's run. Fairly close to the end if I remember correctly.

I think a Showtime themed pack would breathe some newness into the game, too. Something that adds depth to our singers and musicians as performers, as well as the ability to create bands again. I kinda miss being able to do that in Sims4. For a game that leans so heavily on the YAs and keeping them entertained, you'd think we'd have bands to go along with all the partying. And Windenberg has some great areas to have concerts. I could get behind another way to become famous that makes a bit more sense to me as a player. If I were to meet an actor/actress in RL, I wouldn't be very excited about it. But if I met one of my favorite musicians in RL, I'd probably faint. One of the all-time best nights of my life was going to one of Billy Idol's concerts. Bands should have been in GF for sure. If they had included bands in GF I might be more interested in the whole fame aspect of that pack.

But as others in here have stated, there's no telling what the gurus meant when they said unexpected and surprising. Unexpected could be open worlds, a color wheel, larger worlds. Surprising could mean more packs like StrangerVille with little mysteries to solve. Or new packs that build on features from a couple of previously released packs. Such as the off-the-grid lot trait. Great idea but poorly implemented, by the way.

There is only so much the teams can come up with that we haven't already thought about or asked for in the past five years. A farming pack has risen to the top of the want list now that DU has been released. More occults are being asked for. We want smarter Sims with better personalities and memories, turn ons and turn offs. My fear is none of these ideas will be worked on and make it into the game. My hope is the teams will succeed in creating new packs that really are unexpected and surprising in a good way.

It's definitely not going to be open worlds or a color wheel. Especially open worlds. They have said multiple times that it's not possible. The game would have to be built for it at the base. The engine is not designed for open world. The closest we will ever get are larger neighborhood areas.

As for a color wheel, cats and dogs was specifically built with it from conception and it only affects pet coats. The base game was not made for it and it can't be put in at this point.

I do, however, think there's still hope for some kind of personality system, even if it overlays the current one. They could feasibly do a trait tree like Vampires have, but for "normal" traits, like preferences. I'm hoping we get something akin to that because we definitely need some kind of personality and behavioral mechanics to make Sims unique.
    #Team Occult
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    I like Island Living. Sulani is where most of my heavily played sims live.

Sims farmville sounds dire - it might fit with knitting I suppose. If the forums are the normal players I'm a long way off.

I have zero interest in any kind of generations pack. Not interested in playing with happy families or create your own soap opera.
    I think horses should be integrated into an Ancient Rome pack with arena horse races, an antique Italian world with columns and temples, vintage nectar making and togas & tunicas. That would be much more interesting than a modern farming pack.

You won't be getting a modern farming pack as factory farming and abattoirs are not attractive. You'll be getting a romanticised, nostalgic mom-and-pop style farm with one cow.
    What I'd really like is:

*Space/futuristic
    *Vacation/theme park/hotels
    *A town with one big lot. Perhaps like Newcrest - empty except this one big lot. The maximum size possible taking into account performance restrictions. You could make a castle, mall, small village. Real sandbox!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Farming is going to be the next expansion pack
    a256aFi.gif
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    I think horses should be integrated into an Ancient Rome pack with arena horse races, an antique Italian world with columns and temples, vintage nectar making and togas & tunicas. That would be much more interesting than a modern farming pack.

You won't be getting a modern farming pack as factory farming and abattoirs are not attractive. You'll be getting a romanticised, nostalgic mom-and-pop style farm with one cow.

That would be realistic for where I am actually. Hobby farms are quite popular here as only rich old people can afford the land and large animals like horses lol And factory farming is more elsewhere due to several factors. Everyone else cant afford to be land owners let alone have a farm
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    I'm surprised that no one's suggested superheroes yet. Strangerville showed they're willing to bring in novel genre elements, and superheroes in general have been pretty popular for a while, now.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm just hoping it's not super heroes. I'll take anything but that 😖
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    No superheroes, please. We're seeeing superheroes everywhere in RL in movies, TV series, books. I'm a bit burned out with the whole superhero genre, too.
    I'd LOVE a Superheroes pack! I'm a huge fan of the X-men and I love the mutant power concept, how it manifests around puberty and needs to learn to be controlled. It would be awesome to select the power for each Sim at a young age. I think Heroes/Villains could bring back crime in the game and stir things up a bit. I'd love to see purse snatchers, the return of the burglar, pickpockets, bullying thugs...and be able to thwart them...or turn them into minions if you chose to be a Villain. I mean, we have a Villainy major in University, what else would it be for? Lol. But I'd have a blast sending my minions off to do crime and then having to fight a Hero and having a Nemesis and all that. It could even bring back police and firemen who can call on your Hero Sim for help. Maybe they could shine a light into the sky that is your chosen Hero symbol. And a new world could be a metropolis but with some broken parts of the city where the Heroes and Villains fight.

Sims 2 touched lightly on Superheroes at the top of the police and criminal careers. Your Sim would change into their Super costume and fly into the sky to go to work, lol. I loved it. I had a married couple where the wife was a Hero and the husband was a Villain. They had a great marriage. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    there not going by what people think they're going by how well it sold and I didn't really like that ep myself but its one of the best selling sims 4 packs @Jordan061102

Well, I think you're not wrong.
    Lu4ERme.gif