March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    is there an option to change babies last name to father's instead of mother's?

I don't think so if the mother and father have different surnames. This is what it says on his website which explains all the settings:
    MC Pregnancy > Pregnancy_SyncChildSurname: If enabled, when a child is adopted through MC Pregnancy or their parent marries another Sims through the random marriage process, their last name will be synced with the parents. There are some rules to this: 1) If it's an adoption and the 'Rename Non-Active Adoptions' setting is used and is valid for the child, then automatic renaming won't happen as the player has chosen to use manual renaming instead. Also, both parents have to already have the same surname or no rename will occur. 2) If it's a marriage, the renaming only happens if: the parents move into the same household as a result of the marriage and the child lives in the same household, and the parents both end-up with the same last name based on MC Marriage last name rules.

it might work in full edit cas. my sims are rule breakers so i tried it a few times. i don't know about the latest version of mc but thats how i did it before.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    is there an option to change babies last name to father's instead of mother's?

No, no automatic option like the sync child surname in MCCC. You have to do it manually in CAS in fulledit mode.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I want to install MC Settings Profiler, but all the guides I've looked at seem to be for Windows only. Could any other Mac users please help me?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    hello
    i would like you to help me..
    i have two elder "immortal" sims that i want them to die - and when they die, after the grim reaper comes and leaves, they are ''dead'' and there are tombstone or urn, but in the relationships panel they are shown as alive sims and if i invite them over they come as usual. I tried to kill them with mc command (maintain--->kill) and it also didn't work. I am really frustrated, its necessary for my storyline :(
    they don't have any flags or something like that.
    anything i did didn't help or solve it.
    What should i do?

Can someone help me please?

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    @Shira3000 I wish I could help you, but your problem is above my pay grade. Perhaps @ Bonxie can help you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Shira3000 - Hi! Not sure if I will be of any help, but I'll try. What do you mean by "immortal"? If they're vampires and truly immortal, I'm pretty sure that you can't kill them using the MC Command (maintain > kill) because they're marked in game as immortal. I think I ran into this when I wanted to kill a vampire using this method. The best thing to do is to humanize them using MC, and then do the (maintain >kill). They should die at that point.
    edited January 2020
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    Can someone help me please?

Sorry, never dealt with things like that.

You might come over to our MCCC Discord Server. There are many people and also the support team who have experience with almost any subject you can think of. Use this link: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed

Once you're there, use the #general_support channel for your question.
    edited January 2020
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    I want to install MC Settings Profiler, but all the guides I've looked at seem to be for Windows only. Could any other Mac users please help me?

We have some Mac experts in our MCCC Discord Server. Ask for Athena - if somebody would be able to help you, they are first choice. Use this link: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed

Athena also runs a Discord Server especially for Sims 4 players using Macs. Try this link: https://discord.gg/qxwj4UP
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member

Hi.
    If i save my tray and saves (what else?) from my current TS4 folder am i able to switch them with new game? I'm afraid i have to uninstall everything because my Magic GP is broken.

I asked about this in the EP & GP forum (no answers there) and also in the "favorite screenshot" forum because that is the only place i follow..but no answer there either.

I need help asap because i can't play my game and i'm about get a new pc and i want to be sure what to do so i don't destroy my almost 5 year old sim history...

Please help. Thank you.
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Hi.
    If i save my tray and saves (what else?) from my current TS4 folder am i able to switch them with new game? I'm afraid i have to uninstall everything because my Magic GP is broken.

I asked about this in the EP & GP forum (no answers there) and also in the "favorite screenshot" forum because that is the only place i follow..but no answer there either.

I need help asap because i can't play my game and i'm about get a new pc and i want to be sure what to do so i don't destroy my almost 5 year old sim history...

Please help. Thank you.

yes!! you can
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
    Hi.

Please help. Thank you.

Save your Mods folder, too, if you use mods and/or cc.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    edited January 2020
    Hi.

Please help. Thank you.

Have a look at crinrict's backup explanation and tutorial:
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/backups/

Also her game reset tutorial might be helpful in your case regarding your broken GP:
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
    This also works for data transfer to new installations.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    edited January 2020
    Nevermind. Whoops.
  • DariusGalaxyzDariusGalaxyz Posts: 1 New Member
    I see in the MCCC instructions how it talks about letting only "tagged" households be imported for populating neighborhood. How do you even tag them? I don't see anything in "My Saved" bin in Gallery section.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I see in the MCCC instructions how it talks about letting only "tagged" households be imported for populating neighborhood. How do you even tag them? I don't see anything in "My Saved" bin in Gallery section.

This is what it says on Deaderpool's Tumblr:
    This setting will allow filtering the households selected to replace randomly generated Sims by a tag in the description of the households. The default setting is 'Disabled' and will not read the description of the household from the gallery, which provides a little bit faster processing time at the cost of some flexibility of the player. Choosing 'Limit Bypass Tags' will not import a random Sim from a household with '#mccc_bypass' within the description. Choosing 'Only Include Tags' will bypass any household that does not include '#mccc_include' in the description when replacing a random Sim. Households for either setting will still show-up on copy/paste import Sim menus since the player has a choice on those menus. The player has to manually select households and Sims from that menu before they will be pasted into the game

This means you can include a hastag (see bold above) in the description field of a Sim in your library on the gallery to either include it in the import or bypass it when the mod imports Sims from your tray.
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member

Hi.
    Has anyone complained about any problems they might have had with MCCC/Woohoo and University?

I have this mysterious problem and i'd like to know which settings to change so i can play my game.

First..Cameron Fletcher (or whatever his name) and Julia and Becca were suddenly kicked out of my game. They were "not in any world". And even more strange, they didn't have any names! What i mean is usually when you go to check your households in the "manage the households" all the families/sims have a name above their picture (Goths, Pancakes, Bjergsen etc etc) but they had none.
    Then when i added them back into my game and tried to enroll them into Uni, the option was unavailable. I've read that sim can't enroll in 5 days if he/she drops out or graduates? Well, it's been over 2 sim weeks and nothing...

All of the three sims had already graduated..but i read that you can go back as many times as you want??

Well, i tried the cheat where you shift-click your sim and use the cheat there to enroll. All i got was lastException each time. I could choose the uni i wanted and everything but when i tried to play with those sims, they still weren't students!

I have flagged the sims though...which made me think maybe one/two of them is preventing them?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
    Hi.
    Has anyone complained about any problems they might have had with MCCC/Woohoo and University?

I have this mysterious problem and i'd like to know which settings to change so i can play my game.

First..Cameron Fletcher (or whatever his name) and Julia and Becca were suddenly kicked out of my game. They were "not in any world". And even more strange, they didn't have any names! What i mean is usually when you go to check your households in the "manage the households" all the families/sims have a name above their picture (Goths, Pancakes, Bjergsen etc etc) but they had none.
    Then when i added them back into my game and tried to enroll them into Uni, the option was unavailable. I've read that sim can't enroll in 5 days if he/she drops out or graduates? Well, it's been over 2 sim weeks and nothing...

All of the three sims had already graduated..but i read that you can go back as many times as you want??

Well, i tried the cheat where you shift-click your sim and use the cheat there to enroll. All i got was lastException each time. I could choose the uni i wanted and everything but when i tried to play with those sims, they still weren't students!

I have flagged the sims though...which made me think maybe one/two of them is preventing them?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

No, nothing heard of a similiar issue so far. As of today there are no University cheats in MCCC. DP has plans to implement some of the features which are available for modding. I don't know when and what kind of uni related commands and settings will be available in MCCC.

You might join our MCCC discord server to discuss your issue. Use this link: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    I decided to download the MCCC last night and when I started my game again, I got a big oranged notification on the message board about a "conflict' It said that it might be related to broken CC or a broken mod but I have no idea how to find it. I was directed to the discord server but I couldn't find anything that answered my question. If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it as I've been wanting to try this out for a while.
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    I just found the information on Deaderpool's Tumblr. What I was getting was a Last Exception notice but there are details on how to troubleshoot it so I will try those.
  • midnight5790midnight5790 Posts: 1 New Member
    hello i dont know if i am in the right place or not but i need help !please! what a safe mode/ CC website i can use to download from ? i am new to moding /cc and last i try to do it . my new laptop freaked out .. i really really dont want to give week ago laptop a sickness or something T-T
  • FiddelizFiddeliz Posts: 39 Member
    I have an issue finding the "ancestral" option in sim flags.. looked everywhere :P I want to change the Goth family to an ancestral household, and also the Landgraabs' and Calientes'. Can anyone help me find it?
  • VYXVYX Posts: 19 Member
    @midnight5790 you can go to tumblr for maxis match CC (maxismatchccworld's great and easy to navigate and all of the creators featured doesn't use paysites, so ads-free) and modthesims if you want mods in general.
    edited January 2020
    Fiddeliz wrote: »
    I have an issue finding the "ancestral" option in sim flags.. looked everywhere :P I want to change the Goth family to an ancestral household, and also the Landgraabs' and Calientes'. Can anyone help me find it?

@Fiddeliz - Hi! When you go to your active household, make sure you have testing cheats enabled and then type 'MCCC Bella Goth' (or whatever Sim name you want to be ancestral). This will bring up the MC menu for that Sim. Go to Sim Flags, select MC Population & then select Flag Household as Ancestral. This will flag the entire household as ancestral, so you only need to pick one member of the household to do this with.
    Fiddeliz wrote: »

What significance is the ancestral designation, if you please?
    edited January 2020
    @GalacticGal - Hi! I hope you don't mind me responding. I was on here and saw your question and thought I'd chime in. Here's the link to Ancestral Home Details on Deaderpool's Tumblr page: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_population

Basically, if you flag a household like the Goths as 'ancestral' there would be Goth's as long as possible in the game. In my current Save, I flagged the Landgraab's as ancestral.....and I'm on Gen 5 or something, and there's still Landgraab's in my game. Personally, I like the ancestral designation, as I like to see my favorite NPC families stick around (as I'm generational player). I didn't flag the Caliente's or the Lothario's and the family lineage died off, so now there are none in my game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top