Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your Spooky Day costumes work?

I've noticed for a while that whatever "costume" my sim chooses, they just get a bunch of random CAS instead. For example, if I select "Blue Fairy" as a costume.... they might wear a hot dog costume with flip flops and a winter hat.

Is this glitch just in my game or on everyone's?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I didn't notice a problem in my game last time Fright Fest came up, but then I usually only use the "wear costume" option for a moment to activate the tradition before changing them into a specific planned costume in their party category.

I think it's coming up again in my game soon, so I'll double check next time I play. I know that some situational outfits are messed up, so it's not impossible that that includes some of the costumes.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,757 Member
    You should be able to choose your costume outfit similar to your formalwear etc. It allows you to be creative and the random choices can be annoying. I wish they were just for NPCs
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    edited December 2019
    I just tested and the blue fairy is working just fine in my game - same with the other costumes I tried.

Do you happen to use Custom Content? Cause CC outfits that are not correctly flagged can result in Sims wearing a bunch of random CAS. If your Sims are wearing EA stuff and not CC, it's more likely o be a mod problem than a CC problem. Or do you play Vanilla?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    No. All I have for the kids is Grand Master Yoda and Sausage. Whenever I have my child sim (a boy) put on the sausage one it changes. He's worn pink dresses, a pink swimsuit, snowsuits, and all sorts of other costumes but all of them have the boy wearing slippers. I guess he and his two half-brothers are going to school as Grand Master Yoda this time unless I go into CAS and change their costumes.
    I do have CC and mods, I have some CC clothes, but I'm not using them right now.

I wish they could go trick-or-treating like in sims 3. I know the neighborhood kids can go trick-or-treating, but I wish I could have my sim kids go too.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    My tester family of six Sims, ranging from child to elder went through 2 Halloweens and there was no problem with any of the costumes. I played them within the last few days.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I didn't notice a problem in my game last time Fright Fest came up, but then I usually only use the "wear costume" option for a moment to activate the tradition before changing them into a specific planned costume in their party category.

I think it's coming up again in my game soon, so I'll double check next time I play. I know that some situational outfits are messed up, so it's not impossible that that includes some of the costumes.

This is what I do, as well. Haven't had an issue with it in my game as of recently.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I just tested and the blue fairy is working just fine in my game - same with the other costumes I tried.

Do you happen to use Custom Content? Cause CC outfits that are not correctly flagged can result in Sims wearing a bunch of random CAS. If your Sims are wearing EA stuff and not CC, it's more likely o be a mod problem than a CC problem. Or do you play Vanilla?

I do have CC. I just didn't think it was a CC or mod problem because it's EA stuff they are wearing, just jumbled together.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    If they are wearing EA stuff, it's not a CC issue. It might still be a mod problem.

I'd suggest to save before the next costume feast comes up and then go back into the game after temporarily removing mods and CC. Then you'll know for sure whether it's EA or some stuff you downloaded that's the culprit.

Sadly @simgirl542 didn't mention whether she plays Vanilla or not.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Kalyps0Kalyps0 Posts: 35 Member
    I have the same problem. I've played with two different families and never had the sausage costume work. It is always random clothes (regardless of gender of child). I do have a few mods, so I tried taking them off and seeing what happens. the problem still persists. The current child I am trying to have where the sausage outfit changed into purple shirt when mods were in place and shorts into green dress with mods removed :neutral: