Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Answered*

ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
I have a decent amount of packs now and am unsure where to start now that I have university.

Thinking of having occult sims for a magical school feel.

Thanks!
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
Origin ID: simaddict1990
Post edited by ashcrash19 on

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Maybe you could do a legacy on short or normal life span try to find different things for the kids to enjoy. Make a big family and split them up so the main house is small but you have options for exploring things slowly.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    My intention with my first Sims 4 Sim was to explore the entire game. I had her and her husband take on different branches of the same career, then every generation I was going to choose another career and have my heir and their spouse take on different branches. I only made it to the third generation because I've wandered off and started new saves about a zillion times, but the intention was there.

Maybe pick a town, set your family there, and explore whatever's related to that town. When you're ready to do something new, give your Sims a makeover and move them to another town, then do everything there. My version was starting a new save every time a pack came out, but you could do it all with the same family if you wanted.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Have fun! Send your Vampire roomie to Uni and then have become a vampire magician-scientist (technomage?). I would recommend the other becoming a Vet but that 2 active careers or an active career & a business at the same time can be difficult to juggle. Maybe put them in the arts side of Uni and become a self employed writer, artist or fashionista if you haven't explored the self employed careers?
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    First thing I would recommend is pace yourself, I find it easy to get overwhelmed when I juggle a full time career, multiple sims, sometimes a family (toddlers can be a burden at time), sometimes a business, while also trying to participate in other events like the dance parties and bar nights from Get Together, festivals from City Living and Island Living, the lounge events from Get Famous, holidays from Seasons, and so on.

Second thing I’d recommend is using the aspirations as starting off points/guides for the various types of game play in the game. Aspirations are a life saver when exploring uncharted territory in the Sims 4.

Third thing, I found University to be an excellent opportunity for sims to build up a whole ton of skills. This ties in with the first thing I suggested, juggling all that game play around along with skill building can be tiresome, so if you want to incorporate skill building into game play in a meaningful way, university is the way to go.
  • Options
    LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    If you want to start with university, I would either make a family with a teenager, choose a like pre-made household to play, or use the CAS stories to make a sim. You get a better start at university, as in what degrees you get accepted into and which scholarships you can earn, based off of having some skills when you apply. I played with the goth family when I first played with university and it was fun to write the background for Cassandra of her being musically talented but also interested in esports and programming, so she had to choose a focus.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I haven't played the Not So Berry challenge for myself but I have looked through the rules. It seems like each generation has something new to explore so you maybe you could try that. That way you don't get overwhelmed. Or you could choose one pack per generation and explore that fully. For example, with the sims you're playing now you could focus on Get to Work, if you haven't really explored that pack. You could even throw in Outdoor Retreat in the mix for the first generation. Again, assuming you haven't fully explored them.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    Play out the strangerville story
    Pick a sim and ride out uni until graduation
    Pick a toddler/baby and raise them well... or badly... to adulthood
    Become a spellcaster and then become the best 🐸🐸🐸🐸 spellcaster in the land
    Become a vampire and decide whether you're a good one, or a bad one
    Become a mermaid and... (I'm not sure I've not done this yet)
    Play out the more "fun" careers (freelance/get to work)
    Own a shop, build an empire
    Own a restaurant - hope you don't poison anyone... unless that's your thing
    Go on holidays! (probably more than one to complete the jungle quest)
    Go camping!
    Breed some curious pets
    Become the best celebrity
    Enjoy all of your pop up holidays and seasonal events
    Festivals!!!
    Join a club, become their leader
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Others have made good suggestions. I think it just depends on what you find to be interesting, you can really do whatever you want.

I said this elsewhere but I just made a random tester sim to explore back when I basically just had the base game (which I think I got with Dine Out and Spa Day) whose descendants are still in my game because I got interested in having a slow legacy/rotation with a bunch of characters.

In previous versions of the game, I did random different things depending on what interested me. Sometimes I played with celebrities, sometimes it was epic family play, one time it was a horse farm, then there were other random households that I played until I got bored or wanted to do something else. I like the way that I am playing now because my own sims keep running into each other.

I think my new rule is that most dramatic action will require sims of mine to randomly run into each other. They aren't going to meet new sims unless those sims actually physically walk by or they actually meet them somewhere. Want to make a friend? Who is walking by? Pick someone. I won't force anything to happen but any plots that happen will be based on that. I might break that rule if the result is entertaining though.

You could pick one of the packs and decide to base a household around it or you could use that story generation tool when making a new sim. Answer some questions, get a random sim and figure out how to play them. If they get boring, make a new one. Eventually you'll get interested in something. Leave the random sims in the game because if you don't play them, they will be like townies and you will see them around.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    As someone who's had all of the packs for a while myself, I understand entirely the predicament of not having done most of the things you've paid for. To me though, that's half the fun because as I work through my Sim Legacy and branch out to different things with each member depending on their story I find that I will pick up something new that I wasn't aware of/had used before and it's always a pleasant surprise!

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    As someone who's had all of the packs for a while myself, I understand entirely the predicament of not having done most of the things you've paid for. To me though, that's half the fun because as I work through my Sim Legacy and branch out to different things with each member depending on their story I find that I will pick up something new that I wasn't aware of/had used before and it's always a pleasant surprise!

Exactly this. This is the same way I play. Let it happen organically. Experience the fun and the new things. :)