Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for Mod that modifies prices / SNB bills ?

ZevanoxZevanox Posts: 30 Member
edited December 2019 in Gameplay Mods
Hello!

I am looking for a Mod that changes the price ranges on basically everything. I do have a new mod for university because I just felt it was too dirt cheap and I needed that little extra challenge. However, I still feel like prices for jobs and services (for example, the repairman /he basically fixed my entire house because of gremlins and it only cost me 139$) is just completely out of range. It's too easy to pay my bills and too easy to make money.

I've tried to look for mods online but I only found the SNB bills mod.. which I am looking into atm but it looks a little complicated for me. If anyone has tried this mod, I would like to hear more of what you think about it and if it works well for you.

I am in no way, a modder, and so I would not know how to mod myself, so if any of you know any good mods that change the prices to something more realistic or challenging, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Also, I am not comfortable with MCC, so please do not suggest this one as it is unfortunately too complicated for me (although I don't know if that mod offers anything of the likes).

Edit --
I guess I'll give SNB a try x,D Do feel free to give me more info on it on if you like it or not or if it works well for you ! If you also have other mods out there that you'd like to share with me, feel free to shout them out !
Thanks a bunch <3
Post edited by Zevanox on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    I use SNB Bills and it does 2 things.

1) It makes certain things not work unless you “set up the service” for it. For example, you can’t take your trash out if you don’t turn on the garbage. Each service costs money to set up. Another example, you can only watch certain tv channels unless you buy the “tv package” or whatever it’s called. So it’s a nice touch and it requires you to spend money when you first move in somewhere kinda like setting up your utilities in real life. Also, I think it would be nice too if you want to live off the grid. So you can’t do certain things you could do unless you set up those services. There are like 8 or so services.

2) Property Taxes - Your Sims will have to pay property taxes after a certain amount of time. It’s usually in the thousands. So again a nice way to unload some of your money. I’m not sure what happens if you don’t pay them.

Those are the two things I know about the mod.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

1) It makes certain things not work unless you “set up the service” for it. For example, you can’t take your trash out if you don’t turn on the garbage. Each service costs money to set up. Another example, you can only watch certain tv channels unless you buy the “tv package” or whatever it’s called. So it’s a nice touch and it requires you to spend money when you first move in somewhere kinda like setting up your utilities in real life. Also, it think it would be nice too if you want to live off the grid. So you can’t do certain things you could do unless you set up those services. There are like 8 or so services.

2) Property Taxes - Your Sims will have to pay property taxes after a certain amount of time. It’s usually in the thousands. So again a nice way to unload some of your money. I’m not sure what happens if you don’t pay them.

That mod sounds pretty fun. Will googling SNB bring it up?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ZevanoxZevanox Posts: 30 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

1) It makes certain things not work unless you “set up the service” for it. For example, you can’t take your trash out if you don’t turn on the garbage. Each service costs money to set up. Another example, you can only watch certain tv channels unless you buy the “tv package” or whatever it’s called. So it’s a nice touch and it requires you to spend money when you first move in somewhere kinda like setting up your utilities in real life. Also, it think it would be nice too if you want to live off the grid. So you can’t do certain things you could do unless you set up those services. There are like 8 or so services.

I think it should! That's how I originally found it. Just search for SimRealist banking mod or more specifically SNbank or SNbills
    It honestly looks really interesting and they've just updated it for the newest patch.

Thank you! I've been reading on their website while waiting for an answer and what you mentioned is actually exactly what I'm looking for. I'm definitely more interested in this mod now.
    Zevanox wrote: »

I think it should! That's how I originally found it. Just search for SimRealist banking mod or more specifically SNbank or SNbills
    It honestly looks really interesting and they've just updated it for the newest patch.

@Zevanox Is the mod not offered for free? I'm only seeing where you have to pay for it?
    p8L4V6v.png

@Zevanox Is the mod not offered for free? I'm only seeing where you have to pay for it?

You can erase or simply indicate 0$. By default it's set at 2, you can give support if you'd like, but they did mention you could grab it for free. You'll have to put an email though, as that's mandatory, but it won't charge you anything and it'll bring you to the download page after you set it at 0$.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

When you get to their download page and it asks you to pay, press “no thanks” and you can download it for free.
    Thank you, @Chazzzy and @Zevanox! I got it. I just wasn't willing to pay for a mod I might or might not put in my game, just to test and see if it's something I will want to keep in my game.
    p8L4V6v.png