Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    If a sad sim is crying in a closet your sim can cheer him up from the outside of the closet.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I need to go in-game to double check, but yesterday I noticed that one of my Sims had a pink exterior phone case; it stood out to me because at the beginning of my gameplay, I had specifically changed her phone swatch to pink. I thought the swatch in the phone UI was just for the background we as the players see, and it never occurred to me that it must mean it's the color of the Sims phone exterior too.

Wow. I can't believe I didn't know this one. Can't wait to switch their phone colours now haha
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I need to go in-game to double check, but yesterday I noticed that one of my Sims had a pink exterior phone case; it stood out to me because at the beginning of my gameplay, I had specifically changed her phone swatch to pink. I thought the swatch in the phone UI was just for the background we as the players see, and it never occurred to me that it must mean it's the color of the Sims phone exterior too.

Wow. I can't believe I didn't know this one. Can't wait to switch their phone colours now haha

I do it all the time. It adds a little bit of extra personality to them, I think.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    "Hates Children" trait. I knew that they get tense around children and toddlers (and babies). But today I was playing a different household than my regular one. Two toddlers in the household. I built a playhouse or dollhouse (whatever it's called). Every time I looked upstairs I noticed the dollhouse was destroyed. I've seen toddlers do it. But it was getting destroyed all the time, even when they were downstairs, or in bed, etc..

Finally, kinda by accident, I was watching the mother, (now a grandmother) and she was doing something. Instead of cancelling it out (X) to get her to do I what I wanted, I followed her. She went upstairs and smashed the dollhouse while her yellow "hate children" thing was blinking. Haha! Now I know to keep a closer eye on her. Or maybe lock her out of the toddler's play area! Heh!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    "Hates Children" trait. I knew that they get tense around children and toddlers (and babies). But today I was playing a different household than my regular one. Two toddlers in the household. I built a playhouse or dollhouse (whatever it's called). Every time I looked upstairs I noticed the dollhouse was destroyed. I've seen toddlers do it. But it was getting destroyed all the time, even when they were downstairs, or in bed, etc..

Finally, kinda by accident, I was watching the mother, (now a grandmother) and she was doing something. Instead of cancelling it out (X) to get her to do I what I wanted, I followed her. She went upstairs and smashed the dollhouse while her yellow "hate children" thing was blinking. Haha! Now I know to keep a closer eye on her. Or maybe lock her out of the toddler's play area! Heh!

something similar happened to me when my sim visited a neighbour the other day. the neighbour lives in a huge family home by herself that has a dollhouse in it. when my sim got there, the neighbour was walking away from the dollhouse which had been smashed. i thought, huh, that's weird. i found out later she has the hates children trait. i didn't make the connection at the time, but now i know its part of the trait. thanks
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
    alyssa123 wrote: »

something similar happened to me when my sim visited a neighbour the other day. the neighbour lives in a huge family home by herself that has a dollhouse in it. when my sim got there, the neighbour was walking away from the dollhouse which had been smashed. i thought, huh, that's weird. i found out later she has the hates children trait. i didn't make the connection at the time, but now i know its part of the trait. thanks

I think the evil trait does it too but I could be wrong. I know evil traits will beat up the toy blarrfy animals
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    I noticed the Tray folder is the folder that contains downloaded gallery stuff.

So now I can classify my downloads on several folders, just replacing the tray folder to use the one I want.

I think the evil trait does it too but I could be wrong. I know evil traits will beat up the toy blarrfy animals

I've seen Sims with the "Mean" trait beat up Barrfy, but not with the "Evil" trait.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member

My Sim, she rolled the trait of Hates Children when she aged up to young adult anyway when she was in Britechester children Sims seem to walkby all the time (why?) And she was outside studying and a child was too close by not only did she get tense but she actually got angry about it!
    Another thing I realized that I don't know if I mentioned is that there is a door that came with Get To Work that has a little bell chime built into it so it's like one of those old fashioned shop doors when someone walks in and the owner knows a customer is there cause they hear the bell ding.
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    The higher the skill level the thicker the book. Noticed this when wondering how I could tell the logic skill books apart. The 1st level is a thin book and the 3rd level is a very thick book.
    6Y6GB8R.png
    Toddlers:
    When a toddler is selected and you click on the toddler beds you get a couple options for bed.
    Night Night = Ask To Put To Bed
    Bedtime Story = Ask To Be Read To Sleep

When a toddler uses a diaper by themselves you can't cancel it but you can get an adult to take them to the potty this cancels the autonomous action.

• AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    In the mistery of Strangerville. There are some things... spoiler alert
    When you explore the lab you find son aerial photos of the lab. If you use the listening device on the personel, they will talk of a plane accident. And if you recruit Cahill the pilot to defeat the mother plant he will have a special dialog. He will explain that it was the mother plant the one to shot down his beloved Penelope, and that he wants revenge.

The Strangerville people supects Ted Roswell for causing the Strangerville accident. But if you research in the Library (by reading the archive two times) it revealed that the infection is chronic and it has been happenig since prehistorical times. And that the Natives knew of it. Ted Roswell actually is knows something but is not very involved, he has 1 piece of evidence in his basement but you can't get Strangerville Info using the spy device on him.

If you play the Eclectic Arts first, (the house of the protagonist) there is an unique event where the MIB come and confiscate your things. If you play them you will be infected before going to the lab, and during the first night, if you talk to other infected people or plants, the plants and the people have a special dialog that tell you to meet them at the lab.

You can offer people the weird fruit as a prank.

You can befriend the mother plant without defeating her while being infected. The Mother will listen to you and nod.

The plants on the crater al flat.
    H2KpvTS.png
    I look forward to playing StrangerVille one day! It sounds awesome. I have it I'm just not there in my gameplay yet hahah 😅
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Another thing I realized that I don't know if I mentioned is that there is a door that came with Get To Work that has a little bell chime built into it so it's like one of those old fashioned shop doors when someone walks in and the owner knows a customer is there cause they hear the bell ding.

That's a cute touch. I'll have to try it in my game.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• budget_zendayabudget_zendaya Posts: 42 Member
    I (unfortunately) found out that if you place photos your sims have taken in the chest from DU, it erases the photos so it's just black and there's no more image. Luckily they weren't my favorite photos because I was storing them and not using them to decorate my house but it sucks that I lost so many wedding and graduation pics.
    I (unfortunately) found out that if you place photos your sims have taken in the chest from DU, it erases the photos so it's just black and there's no more image. Luckily they weren't my favorite photos because I was storing them and not using them to decorate my house but it plum that I lost so many wedding and graduation pics.
    In DU, you can't store the photos in the household inventory?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

I didn't realize that you can modify the terrain on a lot so much! Wow! Just found this now by accident.
    "Reticulating splines..." ;)
    qHi1AL9.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I didn't know until a couple of days ago that the foundation of a lot is all grouped together even if you have separate rooms, so you can't have varying foundation heights on your lot.
    I recently got "Island Living". I modified the house on stilts (partially on the beach and over the water). The solid concrete foundation replaced the stilts for the modified rooms on the inner parts of the house. Only the outer "room", which is the deck, could have the stilts put back in build mode. It took me awhile, but I figured out how to fix this back to all stilt foundation for the entire house with multiple rooms. I tried searching websites and YouTube videos, but no one I found had any explained way to solve this. I probably should have at least took screenshots and made a description of how I solved it. I could make a video, but that takes alot of time and editing.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I didn't know until a couple of days ago that the foundation of a lot is all grouped together even if you have separate rooms, so you can't have varying foundation heights on your lot.

??? In an update, they allowed you to set the different foundation heights, as long as they weren't connected.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

??? In an update, they allowed you to set the different foundation heights, as long as they weren't connected.

That hasn't changed. You can still make separate buildings' foundations whatever height you want. If you connect buildings/rooms then they have to be the same height.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member

Oh okay that makes sense, I've been trying to make connected rooms at different heights, so I never tried unconnected rooms.

I've seen Sims with the "Mean" trait beat up Barrfy, but not with the "Evil" trait.

I didn't know mean did it too but all my evil sims do it haha! I did 100 baby challenge and ended up with soooo many evil trait kids (it's random for traits in the challenge) and every time they beat up blarrfy lol! Super annoying haha!!!
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    Never realised before that you can grow trash plants if a rubbish pile in the garden is never cleaned up (I'm assuming that's how the one behind my sim's bin sprouted) :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top