Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your personal Simming goals for the New Year?

Comments

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Good thread idea. I just want to go the whole year and play with the same save and family and see how far I can get with them in terms of generations and success.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I want to try out some challenges and got an early start with Rags To Riches and a Homely To Cute challenge.

Rags to Riches has been the bigger challenge, it was tough at the very beginning to earn money and keep needs up enough to be functional enough to earn money. I admit I broke down and had to cheat at the toddler stage and age them up, I couldn't take it anymore, sim babies and toddlers just get on my last nerve and I've only got one nerve at the mo. lol

I have to say what a big surprise Don Lothario has been. I chose him to be the baby daddy because I thought he'd be a pushover (I know, so mean) but he's turned out to be a pretty steady guy who likes my homely girl and is an attentive father. :)

• Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    For me, I really want to have a successful save with multiple generations. I usually get bored and go on to a new game or concept. My magical family is going well so far and I'm really enjoying them.

I'm also kind of dabbling with the idea of branching out into some Simlit. We'll see! I just want to keep playing and keep enjoying my game.
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Completing my first ever sim story. I got this panic attack recently thinking that I could lose my entire progress (just as I did in sims 3 because the save file got too big). So I must document/write everything now while the storyline for my main family is all fresh in my head.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Heading into 2020, do you have any specific goals for your Sims game? Like any new challenges to try, new packs to get, stories to finish, etc.?

Perhaps some stories to finish and others to continue. Some spring cleaning is needed as some random sims were moved into some homes to allow the inhabitants to move to university. Those "homekeepers" might need a home and story line of their own. Some Elder sims are, on the other hand, soon sentenced to death from old age.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    The Sims isn't something I take seriously enough to have goals. :lol:
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Great thread! :)

Some of my 2020 resolutions are:
    • Learn to build better.
    • Make some new townie Sims to populate my save.
    • Complete a 10 generation Legacy.
    • Craft my Resin Sims Charms (not game related, but .. :3).
    • Start a new challenge and complete it. Was thinking of maybe Not So Berry, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the challenge I'm looking for..

And there's probably some other stuff to add to this list, but these are definitely some of my top things I'd like to see progress on in 2020. :)
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited December 2019
    Well first I have to get back into wanting to play Sims. Anime (and work) consumes my life.

Then if I do start playing Sims again, my one and only goal is to start with and actually stick with a legacy.

The furthest I've gotten in a Sims legacy in any Sims game, is the 3rd generation. I want to get further than that.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I have none. I can't be bothered to go in to live mode. I went in and added some bathroom stalls to some of my builds and had a look at the lots in DU. Deleted premades, bulldozed houses, looked at dorms and shut the game down.

My goal is to just keep watch for content and add it on deep discount and someday play when the game is finished and I can mod it to play MY game. I wanted Sims 4 to be the best iteration. It is the WORST.

Sims are robots and devoid of personality.
    The game "features" are annoying as hell.
    Emotions are nothing and mean nothing.
    The AI is non-existent.

Every pack they add, they add "features" that they think are somehow "funny", but are not. Fix the clothing issues to the way it was before CL and the stupid events. Fix the Sims and make them mean something when you play them and pick their traits.

Every DLC added has made this game worse, and worse, and worse and not enjoyable. It's always just a battle to enjoy. SO please, end it so I can mod it and fix it and play.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Heading into 2020, do you have any specific goals for your Sims game? Like any new challenges to try, new packs to get, stories to finish, etc.?

I want to try doing an official Legacy Challenge family and maybe try challenges like the 100 Baby Challenge or the Not So Berry Challenge, since they are ways of playing the game play that I never try.
    Awesome! I am actually just about to start my first ever legacy challenge! I have created my founder and moved her into the 50x50 lot in Willow Creek, so I will start playing her tomorrow and see how far I get.

I am doing the strict matriarch, strict traditional bloodline and first born heir rules. I've got all my scoring charts and stuff laid out in a PowerPoint presentation to fill in as I go along :)
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I.. don't really have goals! :D The Sims games are toys for me, and toys require no planning. :)
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited December 2019
    My 2020 Sim-Bucket List:
    • Finish my Schmitt Drifter save (I'm on House 017 015, there are 24 house challenges - I believe).
    • Finish my Dowd Family Legacy challenge (I'm on Gen 5, so I only have 5 Gens to go).
    • Finish my Island Legacy Challenge (this one is a bit more tricky, as I've lost the rules and can't find them online anymore. Currently on Gen 2)
    • Start a "longer-term" challenge on New Year's Eve this year, and finish it in 2020. I started the 100 baby on New Year's Eve last year and finished it in Sept of 2019. So I'm making it a tradition to start a new longer-term challenge on NYE and complete it that year. (I'm thinking of it being a rotational type of save. BaCC or Elsewhere.)

There are a few other challenges that I want to complete, the not so berry, a random legacy, some other smaller type challenges that I've started and gotten distracted on.

My 2020 resolution is to be more consistent. To finish what I started.

Since November, and I participated in NaNo (and won. Booyah! 63,000 words by Dec 1st!!) I've now gotten back into my writing, so simming is taking a side seat for my free time. It must share with my writing. So I don't want to push the bucket list too much. If I get everything done I listed, then I'll start on the others I want done, too.
    Post edited by ChelleJo on
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited December 2019
    I actually seem to have just completed mine (a long time goal, anyway). I have been playing in the main neighborhoods for a sim year now, and the game has not created ONE new townie sim. It's used nothing but mine; finally. Took editing over 400 different sim filter files, neighborhood walk-by directors, etc, and re-hashing how djs work, but for the moment the town belongs to ME and my design.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited December 2019
    building my own stuff on every editable lot i have in my game but I'm not setting a time limit for it tho
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I want to play a little more than I have the past few months and learn to build.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I just want to play more than I have been this year.

Same, I still haven’t fully explored Get Famous, Island Living, Realm Of Magic or Discover University because life stuff really cut into my free time this year. I am sincerely hoping I can get mor time with my sims this year, I miss them.
  • Options
    ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    edited December 2019
    My families always endups as this rich drama filled households where everbody is career driven.

So what i wanted to do for a while now is to create poor family, keep it on low income and have gameplay more oriented on relationships and family drama.

Oh and i want to do more challanges, i wasnt big fan of them but after watching some youtubers i want to try it more
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    1. To get faster internet to download games and updates, which takes many hours right now just to update.
    2. To get my Origin account fixed because it keeps messing up and has been messed up all year, which has limited my game play and buying games. Instead of buying them as soon as they are released, I am buying them later. Just bought the magic GP and the Uni EP on Christmas sale.
    3. The first thing that I will do is explore the magic GP world and then the Uni one.
    4. Probably make a household with different types of interests in it. A farmer, his magical wife, a beach loving son, a dreaming of being a star daughter, and a smart third child whose ambitious.
    5. Lobbying for Farming EP done right with only farm related stuff. Animals that produce products for selling

and not horses, which can be added by GP along with Pegasus and unicorns.

A farmer's market, build buy that consist of farm equipment and barns (not a bunch of house fillers that have nothing to do with farming and can always be added in many other packs) and crops. Farm equipment is important. Fancy, cheap, and antique tractor attachments and tractors. Hay bailers both square and round. Wood, rickety, barbed, and electric fences. Cows, pigs, chickens, goats, and sheep with products to sell. Ability to pick will and use it for coat making ECT or to sell.
    6. Start or continue a generation save.
    7. Try ideas I have seen in the forums.
    8. Look at jobs and items in game that I haven't used yet.
    9. Have a save where I remake all the hoods and Sims
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Next year I plan to play Sims4, create and follow on the stories and eventually have an ending.
    Continue with my builds and hopefully set up a laptop that enables me to upload my lots.
    I am considering leaving buildings to Sims3 and just make stories in Sims4.
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I want to get to Gen #3 of the Disney Princess Legacy Challenge. I've been on Gen #2 with Cinderella for well over 2 years at this point, it's tragic. When I did the blog I noticed how much of the posts were about her siblings and not her.

I also want to start advancing my other families in the game. Get some kids and marriages going, I've realised I've kept them all in the same place for a while now. It's easy to do when aging is off.

Lastly, I want to redo Magnolia Promenade and finish rebuilding Windenburg with Scandinavian based builds.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    budget_zendayabudget_zendaya Posts: 42 Member
    1) I just finished writing a legacy challenge and I'm excited to play it all the way through for the first time
    2) Start a sims yt channel or simblr to share my builds with more people
    3) possibly get a better gaming setup
    4) clean out my mods folder
    5) try maxis match build cc for the first time (I've got my eye on that ikea stuff pack!)
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    Live off grid!
    I've been wanting to do this for a while, and I'll be starting as soon as my current teenager becomes an adult.

I'd also like to do a challenge or two, I've never tried one and think it would be fun.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'll keep on playing with my current legacy families (I have 6 different households at the moment. They're from the same founder). And now, I'm on the fifth generations. Other than that, I want to get a new PC to play it on the highest setting & perhaps, getting the other packs that are not on my priority list.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    ZachsimsZachsims Posts: 80 Member
    I'd like to complete one of my sims to become a master spellcaster

I also want to write another story maybe a short story but a longer one too although time has prevented me

And I want to get all the EPs Im getting closer to that goal tho :D