The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If a farming expansion pack would be made what would you like to see in it?

2...Next

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    Everything is off the grid including bathtubs. No Cellphone at all.
    Outhouse/Watercloset, Sim can cook/bake from a fireplace & firepits,
    Jumbo size lots for horses, cows, chickens & pigs, more garden seeds for wheat & corn, grinding flour to bake bread & pastries, farm animals can turn to meat, the horses can be a transportation (wagons, buggies & horseback riding), newspaper & postal communications only, old western careers & skills and styles.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm not that fussed about Farming honestly, but... I would love horses and a horse riding skill, and hobbies like sewing/embroidery. Also country themed CAS and BB. I would like tractors and farm animals, and dogs/border collies to be able to learn to herd sheep.

I also want werewolves so much that I think I would welcome them in any pack, but I would still prefer them to have their own pack ideally so they get proper focus/development. I want them to be a worthy rival for my vampires and a lunar cycle.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Lots of farm animals (cows, horses, sheep, pigs, chickens, etc) and being able to actually use animals for multiple purposes: different foods, clothes, rugs, etc.
    Kids being able to help out with farm chores, like feeding the animals, planting vegetables, collecting eggs and milking cows. Toddlers too to an extent.
    More games for kids and toddlers, playing tag together, treehouses, riding ponies, etc.
    County fair as was suggested in an earlier post.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    medieval farming which could include werewolfs and folklore and work horses
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I'd rather have horses in a dedicated pack all for themselves. With their own skill trees, perks and drawbacks. And enabled for children (probably ponies, too).

For a farming pack I'm torn between wanting a modern/realistic farm or a more old fashioned/family friendly one. Definitely want product chains like milk-butter/cheese- cake. And either a new fantasy creature (something like a leavy sheep) or expanded options for cowplants. And animal shows (fattest pig, most fluffy sheep, most vicious cowplant). Basically I want Harvest Moon, but with the expanded house building, relationship and motive management of the sims.
    Story of Seasons had this mechanic where you could improve different qualities of an animal (iirc fur quality, produce quantity and how much it lied you) by changing the feed, this could work in the sims, too.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would like magical creatures like cowplants, and vegan options involving animals.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited September 2019
    - More harvestables. A way to mass produce crops and sell them for major profit.
    - a country world
    - farm animals. Horses, chickens, pigs, goats. Don't really know how having another pack with animals will sit with the community but you can't have a farm without farm animals.
    - egg and milk production.

Not sure what else. I don't know enough about the farm life.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I prefer farming over that silly university anyday!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Two things I'd really want to see in a farming pack:

crafting hobbies (or jobs) like sewing, knitting, crochet, weaving, spinning, quilting. Things that we can make stuff with that can be sold.

Which leads me to: farmers' market. I know we already have some selling opportunities but I'd like to see stalls and more selling tables and either a market lot type or an event like festivals. I'd love the ability to buy and sell produce and flowers in bundles instead of one by one. Maybe choose how many items per bundle.
    It could come with fair food (funnel cake, pretzels, etc) from different world regions.

If it's an EP that comes with a world, I'd love two "regions" or neighborhoods: one more traditional/old school and one more modern eco-living one. They have similarities but the way they're self-sustaining is a little different in each and it would have space for two styles of furniture and decor. CAS could come with traditional dresses and styles from the past (some of which is still common in rural areas in Europe at least) and also things similar to what we have in the Laundry Day pack.

Oh and glass walls to be able to properly build greenhouses :D
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    you could have wolves try to get the farm animals and the Llamas beat the wolves up
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    More harvestables (fruits, vegetables, flowers), a chicken coop (eggs to collect and chicks to play with), countryside wardrobe and build mode items. A rural neighborhood with some empty lots and good-natured residents. A town market to buy/sell produce at.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• budget_zendayabudget_zendaya Posts: 42 Member
    I would love if there were two styles: more traditional farm stuff and more modern, off the grid type stuff. For one thing, I think the game is lacking in realistic, not-ugly modern furniture in build/buy. A lot of the modern stuff we get either comes in an ugly shape, ugly colors, or both, so I cross my fingers with every new pack we get more modern items (unfortunately this usually doesn't turn out well). Secondly, I think the off the grid trait from island living is a mess right now, and a farm game pack or even an expansion would be a perfect opportunity to flesh it out more. Imagine features like wind turbines, solar panels, and rainwater collection alongside farm animals and horseback riding! I love the experience of a small town and a farmers market and all, but I think we need more modern stuff too to balance it out.
  • budget_zendayabudget_zendaya Posts: 42 Member
    > @bubbajoe621 said:
    > I think everyone's covered the crops and animals. I really want a water wheel and detached windmill to put on my country builds. There's a water wheel sitting in the countryside of Windenburg and I was so disappointed when it didn't show up in debug.
    >
    > I want some roadside produce stands to sell my crops.
    >
    > I want a setting under game play for food ingredients like there is a setting for weather. I would like to have a save where households are required to have the right ingredients to cook a meal. Modders have tried but they say it messes up restaurants and butlers.

It would be cool if they modified the flea market system from city living to create a farmers market where the player could actually sell produce!
  • MAUVE5MAUVE5 Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2020
    [quote="budget_zendaya;c-17353951"]I would love if there were two styles: more traditional farm stuff and more modern, off the grid type stuff.....I love the experience of a small town and a farmers market and all, but I think we need more modern stuff too to balance it out.[/quote]

I totally agree. This could really suit the off the grid living, but without all the old sweaters and dried flowers.
    Post edited by MAUVE5 on
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Two things I'd really want to see in a farming pack:

crafting hobbies (or jobs) like sewing, knitting, crochet, weaving, spinning, quilting. Things that we can make stuff with that can be sold.

Which leads me to: farmers' market. I know we already have some selling opportunities but I'd like to see stalls and more selling tables and either a market lot type or an event like festivals. I'd love the ability to buy and sell produce and flowers in bundles instead of one by one. Maybe choose how many items per bundle.
    It could come with fair food (funnel cake, pretzels, etc) from different world regions.

If it's an EP that comes with a world, I'd love two "regions" or neighborhoods: one more traditional/old school and one more modern eco-living one. They have similarities but the way they're self-sustaining is a little different in each and it would have space for two styles of furniture and decor. CAS could come with traditional dresses and styles from the past (some of which is still common in rural areas in Europe at least) and also things similar to what we have in the Laundry Day pack.

Oh and glass walls to be able to properly build greenhouses :D

You have many good ideas (marked, eco living, green house, hobbies/jobs, European style etc.) :).

What about a world like the one in DU that is divided in two parts: one old and one modern? That way we could have one world map with modern farns in one part of the world and traditional farms in the other part.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Btw with all these discussions about farming I’m SURE farming is in fact in development right now. If not out this year, surely it will be out no later than early next year. But we have talked about it for a while now so I think it’s likely it will come out this year as an expansion pack.