February 14 - It's Friday. What does that mean in The Sims forums? Time to highlight some awesim discussions!

Last Patch broke a few things

«1
I've noticed a few things in my game are ridiculous now. Showering.... I can use a standalone shower, but if I shower while using a tub, my sims will never get clean. Kid to kid relationships are ridiculously slow. Way slower than normal. It's a SUBSTANTIAL decrease in relationship gains. My sim kid is a social butterfly and it's impossible to complete his aspiration. I mean, really ridiculously impossible. I can literally chat with another sim kid all day and only gain about 15-20% of the relationship meter. I've done this many times before, so I know it's not me. Also, building the fitness skill is EXTREMELY slow too! Oh my god, it took the entire WEEK for my sim to gain ONE level (from level 4-5) doing 2 jogs a day and trying to sneak in weightlifting too. I know it's not right and it's broken.

These are things that I've noticed in my game that I know for a fact are broken and wanted to report. Thanks.

Comments

  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 18,533 Member
    edited December 2019
    Gdurma wrote: »
    I've noticed a few things in my game are ridiculous now. Showering.... I can use a standalone shower, but if I shower while using a tub, my sims will never get clean. Kid to kid relationships are ridiculously slow. Way slower than normal. It's a SUBSTANTIAL decrease in relationship gains. My sim kid is a social butterfly and it's impossible to complete his aspiration. I mean, really ridiculously impossible. I can literally chat with another sim kid all day and only gain about 15-20% of the relationship meter. I've done this many times before, so I know it's not me. Also, building the fitness skill is EXTREMELY slow too! Oh my god, it took the entire WEEK for my sim to gain ONE level (from level 4-5) doing 2 jogs a day and trying to sneak in weightlifting too. I know it's not right and it's broken.

    These are things that I've noticed in my game that I know for a fact are broken and wanted to report. Thanks.

    This is a known bug, the developers are aware too. Tub/shower combos don't work currently.
    vvT0gUf.jpg?1
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 847 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Tub/shower combos don't work currently.

    I've noticed this as well. individually with a shower on it's own and your sims showering, it works. With a bathtub on it's own and your sim bathes, it work. But the hybrid shower/bathtub doesn't work at all when you use either shower or bath.

    i looked on EA answers and there are a number of reports over multiple pages on the issue as well. modded or not, it was something in a more recent patch this month (December 2019) where it broke.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 15,229 Member
    I've already posted a thread on what I'm about to report here, but my washing machine isn't getting clothes clean. First time when I had them take the laundry out of the dryer it said the clothes were used and dry. I'm thinking, okay, my Sim didn't start the washing machine. Second time, I waited until the Sim had placed the dirty load back into the washer and I made certain she clicked on 'wash clothes'. Later on, I had another Sim clean the lint trap and then dry the load of allegedly clean clothes. Next time around another Sim in the household was all set to do her laundry only for me to discover that twice washed load was 'used and dry.' Face/palm. Don't even tell me it's the detergent. We don't get any kind of choice.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 68 Member
    Is anyone else having issues with door locks not working?
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,440 Member
    I've already posted a thread on what I'm about to report here, but my washing machine isn't getting clothes clean. First time when I had them take the laundry out of the dryer it said the clothes were used and dry. I'm thinking, okay, my Sim didn't start the washing machine. Second time, I waited until the Sim had placed the dirty load back into the washer and I made certain she clicked on 'wash clothes'. Later on, I had another Sim clean the lint trap and then dry the load of allegedly clean clothes. Next time around another Sim in the household was all set to do her laundry only for me to discover that twice washed load was 'used and dry.' Face/palm. Don't even tell me it's the detergent. We don't get any kind of choice.

    That must be what's happening in my game. My Sims keep getting that stupid used clothes mood. I wasn't paying that close of attention because this is a tester family and I've been focused on Uni related things.

    Something that I have noticed is that it's taking forever to get a promotion in the Drama Club even though they are maxed in charisma and complete their daily task each day. I had my first teen drop out of it and get a job. I'm about to do the same with second teen because it's so annoying. :(
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,065 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Tub/shower combos don't work currently.

    I've noticed this as well. individually with a shower on it's own and your sims showering, it works. With a bathtub on it's own and your sim bathes, it work. But the hybrid shower/bathtub doesn't work at all when you use either shower or bath.

    i looked on EA answers and there are a number of reports over multiple pages on the issue as well. modded or not, it was something in a more recent patch this month (December 2019) where it broke.

    Actually, you can take a bath in a shower/tub combo, just not shower. Only the shower interaction is broken in the combos.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 847 Member
    edited December 2019
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Tub/shower combos don't work currently.

    I've noticed this as well. individually with a shower on it's own and your sims showering, it works. With a bathtub on it's own and your sim bathes, it work. But the hybrid shower/bathtub doesn't work at all when you use either shower or bath.

    i looked on EA answers and there are a number of reports over multiple pages on the issue as well. modded or not, it was something in a more recent patch this month (December 2019) where it broke.

    Actually, you can take a bath in a shower/tub combo, just not shower. Only the shower interaction is broken in the combos.

    i tried both and i know they don't work in the hybrid.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 679 Member
    I've noticed that in the criminal career, the daily be mean target from level 6 upwards does not work at all.
    I have made my sim do all the mean interactions and it makes not a jot of difference..
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 2,304 Member
    Maid service is broken. It causes the time to speed up. I hope they're aware of this.
    Origin ID
    Hillybeth29
    Sims 3 Username
    Morganvil225
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 347 Member
    Remember to click "Me Too" on the bug treport for the shower/tub combo https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Shower-interaction-not-filling-Hygiene-need-on-Shower-Tub/td-p/8533070 The more attention it gets, the faster Maxis will fix it.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 5,271 Member
    Wonder if this has anything to do with me not being able to repair the showers...
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 3,943 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Tub/shower combos don't work currently.

    I've noticed this as well. individually with a shower on it's own and your sims showering, it works. With a bathtub on it's own and your sim bathes, it work. But the hybrid shower/bathtub doesn't work at all when you use either shower or bath.

    i looked on EA answers and there are a number of reports over multiple pages on the issue as well. modded or not, it was something in a more recent patch this month (December 2019) where it broke.

    Actually, you can take a bath in a shower/tub combo, just not shower. Only the shower interaction is broken in the combos.

    i tried both and i know they don't work in the hybrid.

    Baths still work in the hybrids.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 278 Member
    baths still work for me
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye

    RuHydpe.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 4,604 Member
    All patches break something. They're usually fixed soon enough.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited December 2019
    Gdurma wrote: »
    Also, building the fitness skill is EXTREMELY slow too! Oh my god, it took the entire WEEK for my sim to gain ONE level (from level 4-5) doing 2 jogs a day and trying to sneak in weightlifting too. I know it's not right and it's broken.

    I'm seconding this and confirming it's not just you. I sent my tester family to the gym and even with the bracing breezes lot trait and them being energized and one of them being mentored, it was ridiculous how long it was taking to level up. :/

    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 467 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with door locks not working?

    No. Still works fine for me. Keep in mind that if you add or remove a Sim from the household, you will likely have to set all the locks again. The same as assigning beds.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 3,943 Member
    My fitness skill increases really fast, but then I use a lot of perks to make it so. The bracing breezes lot trait, joining a club that increases fitness gain, being mentored by the trainer... The skill bar jumps up quite fast. Increased 5 levels with one trip to the gym.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Concerning the fitness skill, I don't know if other methods are slow to increase it in my most recent save, haven't tried any, but the bicycle is increasing it crazy fast in my game. I had her do just one 'ride bike around' and she gained 2 fitness skill levels within just a few minutes. If you have the DU pack, give the bicycle a try and see how it goes. An added benefit is their fun bar will skyrocket quickly as well. :)
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Finally had time enough to sit down at my PCs and take a close look at my game after the latest patch. Heavy sighing quickly followed as I loaded up my vanilla test save, and began to play, only to see many old bugs had resurfaced, and new bugs began to appear. wth The Legacy version I have installed on another older PC is the only one that isn't riddled with issues since it can't be updated! Granted, alot of these bugs, old and new, are minor ones. But when you begin to encounter the same problems over and over during a play session, it gets old very quickly. Few of these broken fixes from past patches make sense. Such as the one we are having with the washing machines. What did the team fix that caused this new bug? I don't recall ever seeing this glitch in the past so I'm confused as to which 'new' bug fix would impact washing machines.If there wasn't an issue with the laundry pack assets, why was anyone poking around in that area in any way that might have a negative outcome? And why wasn't it caught during testing before the latest patch was dropped on us? Yes, we can ignore the patches and play offline, but that doesn't help at all when we are waiting for so many fixes for the bugs we have been complaining about for years.

    With the Origin sales going on, I was hoping to add RoM and DU to my game library. Nope. Not gonna happen now. At last count I would need to add about ten mods to my mods folder if I were to buy those two packs. That 'Me Too' list of bugs is just too scary to look at and think I won't have many of those bugs infiltrate my game once either one of those packs is installed. At this point I doubt I would take either one even if Origin gifted those packs to me. There are features from the Moschino stuff pack that still need to be fixed, and haven't been, so why buy another pack with issues that will probably face the same fate of being swept under the rug? The teams added shower woohoo in the DU pack and didn't bother to test that feature on Maxis-created shower/tub combos to make sure it worked properly. This kind of oversight is why this game is a bit of a mess. And the main reason why I have not purchased RoM and DU.
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 21 Member
    There's also something wrong with the 'Not Enough Exercise' moodlet. It pops up on Sims without the Active trait if they use the soccer ball. And Sims with the Active trait get it whenever they start exercising, even if they've been exercising a lot.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 2,146 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Finally had time enough to sit down at my PCs and take a close look at my game after the latest patch. Heavy sighing quickly followed as I loaded up my vanilla test save, and began to play, only to see many old bugs had resurfaced, and new bugs began to appear. wth The Legacy version I have installed on another older PC is the only one that isn't riddled with issues since it can't be updated! Granted, alot of these bugs, old and new, are minor ones. But when you begin to encounter the same problems over and over during a play session, it gets old very quickly. Few of these broken fixes from past patches make sense. Such as the one we are having with the washing machines. What did the team fix that caused this new bug? I don't recall ever seeing this glitch in the past so I'm confused as to which 'new' bug fix would impact washing machines.If there wasn't an issue with the laundry pack assets, why was anyone poking around in that area in any way that might have a negative outcome? And why wasn't it caught during testing before the latest patch was dropped on us? Yes, we can ignore the patches and play offline, but that doesn't help at all when we are waiting for so many fixes for the bugs we have been complaining about for years.

    With the Origin sales going on, I was hoping to add RoM and DU to my game library. Nope. Not gonna happen now. At last count I would need to add about ten mods to my mods folder if I were to buy those two packs. That 'Me Too' list of bugs is just too scary to look at and think I won't have many of those bugs infiltrate my game once either one of those packs is installed. At this point I doubt I would take either one even if Origin gifted those packs to me. There are features from the Moschino stuff pack that still need to be fixed, and haven't been, so why buy another pack with issues that will probably face the same fate of being swept under the rug? The teams added shower woohoo in the DU pack and didn't bother to test that feature on Maxis-created shower/tub combos to make sure it worked properly. This kind of oversight is why this game is a bit of a mess. And the main reason why I have not purchased RoM and DU.

    Likewise, I'm tired of bugs and decided against playing this game over Xmas in favour of my chart/dice games.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 2,301 Member
    Same here, very weary of them. Spurned TS4 in favor of lots of reading, visiting friends on the day, and working on a couple of scratch-built from wood ship models. The older the series gets the sloppier the work gets.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 1,355 Member
    @Oldeseadogge That is sadly true. The teams truly don't seem to be interested in creating a quality game, and given the mess Sims3 was at the end of it's run, I shuddder to think Sims4 will suffer the same fate. But after having played this game through four iterations, I feel safe in saying Sims4 won't end on a high note. EA will have made billions on this iteration by then, but the general lack of quality in Sims4 leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Twenty years ago we were introduced to a Life Simulation game that took the gaming world into uncharted territory, and it was a huge success, much to everyone's surprise. Fifteen years later we expected Sims4 to be better than it's predecessors because technology had progressed in ways we could only imagine, yet alone experience. It's too late for Sims4 to be anything more than what it is right now because the technology it was created with has evolved while Sims4 remains mired in limitations that are set in stone. There is no way to alter the basics this late in the life of Sims4 even if it does have another two years worth of content in development. One of the main features from the base game has been borked for months. The whims have not worked right for a long time now. How could this happen and why hasn't it been fixed?

    When the bug fixing team can't fix a base game feature that is an integral feature of Sims4, I have serious doubts about that team's ability to fix anything. Once support for older systems was dropped in November, I had some hope the bugs and glitches might become less of an issue and easier to fix. I was wrong. The November patch made it possible for me to delete twenty-plus mods. But then I had older bugs resurface that needed mods, and I ended up adding ten new mods to fix those older bugs. The December patch was just as bad as far as adding new bugs and breaking older fixes. In the end, after those two patches with their long lists of bug fixes, I added even more mods to my mods folder for different glitches I did not have before those two patches were released! I have 32 mods sitting in a folder that need to be updated, and for six weeks it looked as if that wasn't going to happen because the creator of those mods was tired of updating his mods. And he has created hundreds of mods that take him weeks, sometimes months, to update. He was so disheartened after seeing that November patch, he turned away from Sims4, saying he just couldn't do it all again. Recently he let us know he is going to tackle the task of updating his mods once more. And he does this in his spare time, without expecting monetary rewards for his efforts. This is someone who loves the game. This is the kind of person that should be working at the EA studio.

    I have the Sims4 Legacy Edition installed on an older 32bit PC. I have Sims4 installed on a high end gaming rig that is a year old as well as on a three year old gaming laptop. It does not matter which version I play when it comes to performance or how many bugs I encounter. But I am playing the Legacy Edition more because it has all the mods I need, without the grind of needing to wait for updates. This latest patch did more than break a lot of things in the game. It killed my desire to purchase new dlc and update/patch my game.
  • Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 77 Member
    I hope I'm not the only one having this problem: when someone (even me) downloads a sim I posted to the gallery and then wants to play that sim, they can't because the sim doesn't have enough money to buy even a small plot of land. The problem started with the latest patch, it affects new and old sims I've made, and yes, I have repaired my game. Arrrg!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 2,301 Member
    I likewise have 4 installed on multiple rigs, both relatively high powered. The one on this machine has been kept relatively up to date while the other (which shares the machine with TS2 UC) hasn't seen internet for a long time now though it is fully capable. When I sim on that machine, its internet cable is pulled to be origin free. Thus its bugfest is prior to the June debacle and those since. Doing what I can for safe simming, but like you see 4 as having a grisly end. Unless there is a major philosophy change at EA TS5 (IF it comes out) will be as bad as 4 or even worse, just a different engine. Pity that greed ruined a fantastic game.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top