Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PlayStation vs PC?

Is playing Sims 4 on playstation better then computer?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Why would it be?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Not even close.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    It's not too bad. It doesn't look as crisp as PC and if you play with the controller you have less options for doing certain things with the UI. For instance I can't figure out how to expand panels like the career and relationship panels. Honestly it's still pretty awesome of an experience though. :)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The PC is better unless one has an potato for an computer. :D:D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    The playstation cannot match up to the power of the average computer and so it is a stripped down version of the pc version
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited December 2019
    Does the console version have 1:1 control over sims’ movement? Like, when I move the stick, does the sim move accordingly? Or is there still a cursor that I have to move around?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The Playstation port is quite a good port for a sims game. And If you have played any of the previous sims consoles games you will know exactly what I mean.
    The graphics look the same as on pc pretty much if you aren’t using reshade, there’s no mods of course and the only console doesn’t have yet is my first pet. You can even use a mouse and keyboard on console. If your pc can’t run the sims 4 and you really want to play the sims 4 then it’s worth a buy.

I don’t have the console version myself but my niece does and she plays it a lot at my house.
  • Options
    The playstation cannot match up to the power of the average computer and so it is a stripped down version of the pc version

It’s really not a stripped down version at all. That’s bit unfair.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My daughter thought the console version was subpar to the PC version. She had bought it and hated it after only a week when it first came out. We also sold our PS4 recently, as it only collected dust. I prefer all my gaming either on a PC or the Switch now. Some people might like playing it on console, but I just do not see the appeal. I can connect my PC to my tv if I want to play on a bigger screen.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Honestly, if you can play the game with a mouse and keyboard on your PlayStation, it may be a pretty close experience and comparison to a computer. But with a controller? I doubt it.
  • Options

I do not have the PS4 version but I have the Xbox One version and in some aspects it plays the same except for exclusion of some features. I would play on the console as well as the PC but it has yet to support kb and mouse and I hate using the controller as it is not as precise as the kb and mouse.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    The virtual cursor update they patched in many many patches ago really helped make the console experience much better for me.

I don't have a PC that can play it so for me the console experience is definitely worth it to me :)
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I do not have the PS4 version but I have the Xbox One version and in some aspects it plays the same except for exclusion of some features. I would play on the console as well as the PC but it has yet to support kb and mouse and I hate using the controller as it is not as precise as the kb and mouse.

X box has keyboard and mouse support too.
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Does the console version have 1:1 control over sims’ movement? Like, when I move the stick, does the sim move accordingly? Or is there still a cursor that I have to move around?

The past console games like The Sims 2 Pets on PS2 that I had as a kid had control like this (the game called it direct control, where you move your Sims with the analogue stick and interact with things with X) but then you could switch to a cursor mode like the PC version as well at any time if you wanted. The Sims 4 on console doesn't have any form of direct control, just the cursor mode, and it feels really clunky (that might just because I play mostly on PC, but most of the reviews for the console version mention awkward controls).
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I haven't tried any of the Sims games on a console, so I wouldn't know, but unless you can plug a mouse into it (I don't even know if that is possible. Is it?), I can only imagine how awkward the controls would be.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It's the same exact game - I just think that it's easier to use the mouse to control everything, but I might be wrong about that as I haven't tried the PS4 version & don't plan on buying the game twice. But usually, simulation games are easier to play on a PC. Other than that, especially now that they have the gallery, I'm guessing it's largely the same, just with a different learning curve. On that note: can you use mods on console by now, or still not?
  • Options
    freezrbunnyfreezrbunny Posts: 4 New Member
    I play the Sims on PlayStation, although I do use my keyboard and mouse over my controller now that they’ve implemented that feature. The controls for the controller are done quite well though if that’s your only option. Another thing to keep in mind is that console players have later release dates for packs and updates, but if you don’t mind waiting about a month for those then that’s not an issue.

I would say that if you have the option to buy it on PC, then do that, but if your only option is to play on console then I wouldn’t let that hold you back. I would definitely recommend picking up a mouse and keyboard, as I’ve enjoyed the game a lot more since being able to use them.
  • Options
    Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I primarily play console so I enjoy the game more on my PS4 than my PC, it really depends on the person comfort-wise, but of course PC is better with performance, load times, pack and update releases, plus cc, mods, and the gallery.
  • Options
    BonjourwomanBonjourwoman Posts: 338 Member
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'll just stick to the PC.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'll just stick to the PC.

90yZESB.gif
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited December 2019
    So_Money wrote: »

The past console games like The Sims 2 Pets on PS2 that I had as a kid had control like this (the game called it direct control, where you move your Sims with the analogue stick and interact with things with X) but then you could switch to a cursor mode like the PC version as well at any time if you wanted. The Sims 4 on console doesn't have any form of direct control, just the cursor mode, and it feels really clunky (that might just because I play mostly on PC, but most of the reviews for the console version mention awkward controls).

Ugh that sounds gross. I was thinking it would have been pretty cool and different to experience 1:1 control of a sim. I prefer Diablo 3 on console for this exact reason.
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

X box has keyboard and mouse support too.

Thanks for the update as I had not played the Xbox for months and I did hear that there was an update coming with kb and mouse support. :)
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sims has always been better as a pc game and that will never change.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    PS4 isn’t a bad option, but if your PC can run the game then for sure get it on PC. I cannot understate how awesome mods are.
  • Options
    Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member
    I do have a PSP4 Pro with Sims4, but as previous comments, I find the PC version better. I think the Xbox One X would be better, as it is a more powerful console.
    Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.