Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not enough community involvement in Stuff Pack 2

When @SimGuruGraham was in charge during the first community stuff pack he was really listening to what we wanted I remember seeing post on this forum with suggestions for clothing, objects and some of the objects being separated for better decorating options and we got some of those things and Laundry Day was so much better because of it. We really had a voice in the pack this go around it seems more so vote on a set of completely predetermined styles and the community involvement is just voting on these things. I'm voicing this now before we get to the actual object and clothing vote in hope of @SimGuruNinja seeing this and giving us a little more power in what we get in this sewing knitting pack. Well I'm assuing Ninja is in charge could be another Guru but that goes to show how little Guru involvement beyond telling us to vote has been this go around.
Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm hoping for one thing- minimal "granny" furniture. I know it's not going to happen, but I really don't like it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I wasn't here for the laundry pack, so I can't compare, but I definitely agree that it doesn't seem like the gurus are really around. There have been tons of gameplay, BB, and CAS suggestions in a few threads in this section, but I haven't seen one guru even acknowledge any of it. It makes it feel pointless to suggest anything if no one is saying if our stuff is even being looked at.

I hope by the time we get to the next vote, after the official style is chosen, they'll be more involved here on the forums.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    When @SimGuruGraham was in charge during the first community stuff pack he was really listening to what we wanted I remember seeing post on this forum with suggestions for clothing, objects and some of the objects being separated for better decorating options and we got some of those things and Laundry Day was so much better because of it. We really had a voice in the pack this go around it seems more so vote on a set of completely predetermined styles and the community involvement is just voting on these things. I'm voicing this now before we get to the actual object and clothing vote in hope of @SimGuruNinja seeing this and giving us a little more power in what we get in this sewing knitting pack. Well I'm assuing Ninja is in charge could be another Guru but that goes to show how little Guru involvement beyond telling us to vote has been this go around.

These suggestions are being made, there are threads with suggestions for objects and such...but yeah not a lot of people care. I think in part, it's due to the theme. It doesn't appeal to a lot of people.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited December 2019
    I wasn't here for the laundry pack, so I can't compare, but I definitely agree that it doesn't seem like the gurus are really around. There have been tons of gameplay, BB, and CAS suggestions in a few threads in this section, but I haven't seen one guru even acknowledge any of it. It makes it feel pointless to suggest anything if no one is saying if our stuff is even being looked at.

I hope by the time we get to the next vote, after the official style is chosen, they'll be more involved here on the forums.

exactly I wish they'd throw in comment or 2 if they are around at least

atm it's like filming some ghost show and asking if ghosts are around repeatedly but no ghost ever moves a letter on board or give you a beep and you are just assuming they're either not there or don't wanna talk :(

or perhaps this is what we needed that ouija board for
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    It's the holiday season, people are probably busier with real life stuff at the moment.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Unfortunately the knitting pack is so boring ... We could have got ghost hunters and fortune tellers instead.

Yeah knitting was like my least wanted pack. I was surprised it was voted that highly.
  • Neat0McgeeNeat0Mcgee Posts: 2 New Member
    I like crafts, but I was really hoping for a spooky pack.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I don't think there's been a lack of suggestions and interest on the part of players. The OP's complaint is that it's not apparent that the gurus are listening to our suggestion - the community is not being invited to take part in the decsions other than to vote on what is offered.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    I mean considering this is the 2nd community led stuff pack, it doesn’t seem like this will be the last one. It’s also 100% possible that they’ll end up making the happy haunting and all that. I agree there’s been more demands for babies that aren’t objects and cars but that may be in an EP or a patch.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The gurus yet live! I still wonder, in both cases, if it was majority or mere plurality.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Unfortunately the knitting pack is so boring ... We could have got ghost hunters and fortune tellers instead.

Yeah knitting was like my least wanted pack. I was surprised it was voted that highly.

Or were the other options even less appealing? As I remember the 1st round the options seemed niche based, not something with broad appeal.
  • painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    Glass fabrication would have been MUCH cooler, and sounds way more exciting. Stained glass windows and lights? Glass art sculptures? Snow globes? Glass walls? I have so many ideas, and now I have to be 80 and knit. But I'm a sucker and I'll buy the pack anyway.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    They do read the forums, even if they don’t post much.
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    [quote="DaWaterRat;c-17367131"][quote="painting_trees89;c-17366987"]Glass fabrication would have been MUCH cooler, and sounds way more exciting. Stained glass windows and lights? Glass art sculptures? Snow globes? Glass walls? I have so many ideas, and now I have to be 80 and knit. But I'm a sucker and I'll buy the pack anyway.[/quote]

Or you could be 45 and knit... or 30 and knit... or 12 and knit...

Please stop thinking knitting is just for old people. It's not. It never has been, except in some people's ageist minds.[/quote]

This is totally true. Going about my daily life one of my co workers whose young and in collage was telling me she knits than a week after one of my friends just randomly expressed that’s their hobby too and it’s a man in his 30’s. It was super weird how it was casually expressed. I was half way tempted to ask do you play the sims at all lol? I’m totally on board with it but do have my doubts. How much involving gameplay can come from this? Not much a stuffed animal, scarf, and maybe two or three holders of some sort. Maybe a moodlet and social action. It’s too casual. Happy haunts seemed to have way more involvement, with more versatility across all your sim plays. This one seems to be extremely subjected to one thing and maybe two or three sim families.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Glass fabrication would have been MUCH cooler, and sounds way more exciting. Stained glass windows and lights? Glass art sculptures? Snow globes? Glass walls? I have so many ideas, and now I have to be 80 and knit. But I'm a sucker and I'll buy the pack anyway.

Please stop thinking knitting is just for old people. It's not. It never has been, except in some people's ageist minds.

You should see the comments when DIY was released as the winner. People were screaming that it wasn't Granny because they wanted to make this an elders pack.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Please stop thinking knitting is just for old people. It's not. It never has been, except in some people's ageist minds.

You should see the comments when DIY was released as the winner. People were screaming that it wasn't Granny because they wanted to make this an elders pack.

Oh, I know. I was hoping that since DIY won, the "Blech, Knitting is just for elders" group (as opposed to "Yay, something for elders do to" group, which I have different issues with) would stop seeing this as just for elders. But I guess that was too much to expect.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    We're just getting back from holiday break. We'll be announcing the style results soon. Next 2 rounds of voting will include CAS and object offerings. You'll see more back-and-forth engagement here as we approach that point.

Oh, and more people actually voted for this theme than for Laundry. So it's quite a popular theme.

I voted for Knitting cos i knit in real life
  • Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    > @nerdfashion said:
    > I'm hoping for one thing- minimal "granny" furniture. I know it's not going to happen, but I really don't like it.

I agree. People who do crafts related hobbies don't mainly dress in homemade clothing or decorate their houses with granny furniture.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I guess if it was

Yeah I guess if it was more themed as an elders pack I would be happier. Finally something for them! As it is, I'm looking on the bright side that my Mommy Blogger sims just got a new craft room.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I really do not care about the knitting pack and I Think releasing it is a big misstake from EA. When they ask us as players to vote for a pack, in general we do that out of the interests we have and how we play the game. It is EA who makes the long-time descision how the game should develope, not the players. Knitting is like crafting furniture, fishing or gathering treasures, it is a one sim activity and bring very little improvement to the game.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @nerdfashion I hope they can tackle this want in the color swatches as well, a little coloer/design can change an object so much.
    I guess if it was

Yeah I guess if it was more themed as an elders pack I would be happier. Finally something for them! As it is, I'm looking on the bright side that my Mommy Blogger sims just got a new craft room.

I hope that we'll still get the Retirement Home/Bingo/"Generations" for Elders GP, they lack so much gameplay that I jsut sit and wait their death in SIms 4.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I guess if it was

But that's the thing. I hate this entire concept, but knitting isn't just for old people. All ages do it, and that's why people voted the way they did.

That, and i don't dress my elders in the "stereotypical" elder clothing.