Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    DasiyDasiy Posts: 27 Member
    :( It didn't work yesterday or today so dispoint
  • Options
    Doctor_VikterDoctor_Vikter Posts: 247 Member
    @TheLastStar Thanks! I'm using one I've been trying to get somewhat decent for a little bit! If you want I put a download to it on my Tumblr/Simblr (Needs version 4.2.1 of reshade). Can get it here if you want!

@sarabeth2984
    Thank you!
    And thanks again! Going to try and make some proper store front signs for the mall, too, soon :D

Poor kid had to use the latrine and one of his fellow apartment neighbors decided his shower was a great place to do the deed
    qPpxAmL.png

This lad is also today's mood
    nID4zf0.png
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    ||Steam || Origin: Z0mbie_Cakez ||Art Blog ||
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Practically everything that happens in my game these days is related to mods that can't be discussed on this forum. Boo-hoo :'(

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Oh yeah, I should mention that I'm working on responses to mentions right now, and I mean from last week too.

I'm working backwards through the thread for now.

Anyway, sorry I'm so behind. Many excuses are available, but to be honest it's mostly been this chapter of Don and Thorne. What I put up last night is the first 3rd of it. I've rewritten it twice already. It is unwieldy, and I can't really add any major drama at this point. So making it interesting is pretty tough. The best it has going for it are pictures of some really handsome guys 😂

I've no idea what to do with it, and there's tons left - but I'm going to force it into one more update rather than the 2 it actually needs because of the amount of screenshots involved.

And also try to come up with drama in a chapter when everyone already knows the outcome. Even Thorne knows why Don has been sick. Don is the only one who doesn't know. 😳😅

So, I've already started and gotten to parts of @RedDestiny92 @ryttu3k @Daephene @sarabeth2984 @Morkovka @Becka28 @Doctor_Vikter and @Keidra 's updates already. I'm really trying to get to @Koteyka (but our comment exchanges are quite lengthy) and hopefully every other mention as well. I'm just not sure when my daughter will be here, so I might get cut off suddenly.
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited December 2019
    @AlwaysAsking I keep being amazed by your dedication in replying to everyone :love:

Anywho, I dropped off the face of the sim Earth again, but I did finally get a whole day of simming in and I had so much fun. I won't bore you with the details though, but I'm playing what I call "The Institute of Magic and the Arcane Arts". Currently houses: one headmistress, three witches, two wizards, one vampire, and one cat. Fun detail though: it's a bit of an "origin story" as some of these characters are the child versions of sims I've already played a while back. There's magic, school, teaching, family, love, spells, and just overall a lot going on! I took a mansion from the gallery and turned it into their institute. I'm loving it!! :)

Hope you've all had a lovely Christmas <3

PCUpbiU.png
    uKNbRQw.png
    9yMsdGy.png
    PcnCgve.png
    5TLh6aC.png
    mENzhj0.png
    C7ZD3Er.png
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    @sarabeth2984 Thank you.

Joy Newbie
    49295699157_45d7311aba_c.jpg
    Joy to the world is my favorite song. Maybe because my name is Joy.
    Some people tell me I look a lot like my mum Betty.

49295001843_d7d6230959_c.jpg
    Photowall of the Newbie sisters: Victoria, Brandi, Lucia, me (Joy) & Danica.

49295686012_dddc2b02b3_c.jpg
    I cooked my first meal today.

49295502166_255ef1b8d1_c.jpg
    Sometimes I come home sad after a long schoolday. Today was that kind of day.

49289841921_c9def19ba8_c.jpg
    Looking at this photo makes me smile again. Keon Pancakes was so happy to see my first snowpal.

49295493366_c649385fa1_c.jpg
    Dad invited me to the romancefestival. Not the best place to go with your own dad.

49295493311_f88eda9522_c.jpg
    Another female at the gym wear the same clothes as me.

49295010453_956a13dcf1_c.jpg
    I decided to buy a new dress for the gym.

49295694852_07983868b8_c.jpg
    Friends & family had fun at my party. Suddenly Jinwoo screamed. I ran outside to see what happened. The cow plant just ate him.

49295502181_bfb0821eca_c.jpg
    I'm so happy he is still alive.

49295010533_a62e61a288_c.jpg
    I'm proudly a lamascout now.

49295694732_2dcd4d170f_c.jpg
    I will enjoy some time at the beach, before I prepare for university.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member

Update of LEGACY 2.0 with Carly + Duane (Generation 2)

fUaki56.png

We adopted a fox puppy named Sansa. She's female.

LvRIX9m.png

Carly completed the Bestselling Author aspiration.

cbB8gBF.png

This is Axl. He is the oldest child.

7LfElw5.png

She gave birth to her second child, Brick. He is named after the tv show The Middle. One of the characters is named Brick.

IbLUkXt.png

Carly announces she is pregnant with a third child.

13Onn2d.png

Brick has a birthday. He is the middle child.

owcZLZ9.png

Sansa the fox grows up.

sBbFw3x.png

Duane has an adult birthday. He is no longer a young adult.

pXV3myI.png

He aged up while dressed in his swimsuit. Sorry for the bad pic.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    budget_zendayabudget_zendaya Posts: 42 Member
    Today I started a new off the grid playthrough and I've been having a lot of fun! My sim lives in Sulani and is gardening and fishing. I've never really experimented with the fishing or flower arranging skills and I've been having a lot of fun experimenting with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Alright, this is new 🤔 I suddenly have double vision. It's kind of disorienting. I'm leaving off here for now. Hoping my eyes calm down. I have to get dinner together anyway. Can being dehydrated cause double vision? This is weird.

@RedDestiny92

Lol, I think Thorne trusts Penny with his possessions, just as she'd trust him with hers. The two of them are similar enough to know not to cross each other. 😉

Penny looks like she's enjoying bossing Don around anyway. But ... not gonna lie. I like Penny, and she's a good gal in my stories. In one of my saves she and Thorne are happily married with a little girl.

No comment on how damaged Don is at this point. But I can tell you that both of them violently reject advances from other Sims now. And I have not retraited Don. I love it! *evil laugh 😈

Ok so, the first of the Bella updates:

I just love it ❤️ Holy cow! And I thought Mortimer was bad! 😳

Andrew’s "ex" was the Worst!! I can't even imagine. "Oh, I wanted kids, and you were convenient" "Oh, nevermind, I didn't realize how much work they are, have them back." And then they night not be his! All those men! It's just disgusting. No wonder he freaked out when he found out she was married and was going to stay with her husband. He has a right too.

I feel bad that things are so uncertain for them. But technically they'd barely spent any time together before the whole disaster started. Alex is happy there, but he's be happy anywhere away from his father.

Also, I was pretty sure that Andrew knew she's pregnant. Does he know? And does he know it's his? It seems like that might factor in as they decide if they'll be together in the future or not.

Morty with Cassandra is quite interesting. He's so very fond of her. Why do I get the feeling that Alex isn't his son, or at least he thinks Alex isn't his son?

I Love!!!!!! how Cassandra has him wrapped around her finger 😂 Classic Daddy's girl. (I may have a husband exactly like that 😉, though he loves his sons too) She can get him to do anything! And he doesn't suspect a thing 😂 It's so funny that she's either a whole lot smarter than him, or a whole lot more devious. Actually, she's both. I hadn't realized that she was staying there with him. But I see now that it was necessary and helpful. I wish he could get the help that she knows he needs.

Yikes that Wolfgang almost messed everything up! I love Mila's post though "she got away from the beast" I wonder how many people knew what she meant?

The movie marathon was a great idea. I sure hope it buys Wolfgang enough time.

Bob and Eliza are a hot mess, aren't they? Wow Bob, great plan. Fix your crazy lives by adding another child, yikes. I hope he's not sick. I gather the "procedure" was a weight loss kind? Hopefully that's the only reason for him being paper thin now, though I'm sure stress isn't helping. I think something has to give there. It's too much.

Now..... your Vlad. I forgot that you made him so hot, lol.

His motivation confuses me 🤔 The Vatores have succeeded in showing him that his life is lonely. So he looks for a roommate. He gets some super shady guy to agree to live there, and then bites him for plasma I assume. Not sure if he's trying to turn him, but I get the feeling he isn't. Anyway, his thoughts of just leaving him lie on the sidewalk are not meshed with his willingness to immediately put in a basement for the guy. I'm interested in where all of this is going. Especially since he didn't answer Takeshi about what his end of the bargain is.

Judith Ward hmmm? I've not heard much about her, but from what I have heard she seems quite stuck up and unapproachable.

She seems to be that and more in her story here. "Bath at 6, dinner at 7, if you're late preparing either you're done."

I'm not sure if that's an assistant or a "lowly servant." I just know I wouldn't want to be that young lady.

Hmmmm... a tale of redemption? We shall see 😊

@Morkovka

Wow 😳 !!! to those 4 outfits! It's crazy how Morgyn looks amazing in both genders. I love them. 🥰 I also love seeing what outfit Sims show up wearing when they go to restaurants with certain attire required. It's fun to see their choices.

Thanks for your thoughts on Thorne and Don. They are so sweet and fluffy now, (aside from Don's dependence on Thorne) that I'd appreciate any ideas you have to temporarily mess with their current saccharine state 😅

Awwww, all the partings as the young adults go off to college are great!

Morgyn and his long lost evil ugly clone are the best. - Discovering polyamory
    - send a raven 😅😂

Mortimer basically told Cassandra not to speak to anyone 😉 I can't wait to see how that works out.

So awesome that Geoffrey went behind Nancy's back like that 😅 What a good dad.

I just love your "Mary Poppins!" She is so adorable!! I didn't know there were cheats to make Virtuoso spellcasters! I do believe I'll have to look those up! Lol

@ryttu3k

I can’t remember if I answered you or not, lol. But thanks! Yes! Morkovka’s gift was so unexpected, and so sweet!

Ian is definitely in his element, and Lawrence is doing his best! Lol He is a genius bookworm perfectionist. Ian is a loves the outdoors, loves dogs, and cheerful, but they make it work! :sweat_smile:

Thorne is in over his head, yes. But the plan must continue. It must!! 😅

I didn't know that the sketch pad was helpful in the style influencer career. That's cool! At this point Don is unemployed. He had been working as a box boy in the retail career, but you know, he got too sick to work and all that.

Also, you mentioned something about glasses and braids to me, and I've tried to find a reference in my comments to you but I can't. Was that meant for someone else?

@Keidra

I had to look up what TL:DR meant, and then I laughed. Yes, your second explanation of replacing Simeon was much clearer. However! I’m happy to say that’s what I’d garnered from the first explanation!  Lol But I haven’t tried it yet. Too busy writing and rewriting this chapter of the Thorne and Don saga 🙄 Now I feel you from when you say you’ve rewritten a chapter several times.

Nice! I love chapter 18! Morgyn's plan might be messy, but at least he has one, and Cassandra has a potion!

Very cool how Bella told Cassandra that magic actually still existed! And amazing that Cassandra had intuitively known that she had to work out a solution herself, rather than count on someone else to rescue Damion. She was ready at the right time.

Oh, and Lilith and Summer are adorable together 🥰

@Becka28

Holy cow. What was the deal with that? I don't want to think about not having access to the game or forum for 24 hours! I'm glad you got back in!

Gotta love the Electric Mayhem! Those are awesome poses 😂 and you did a great job on their album cover!

Did you make up the name of their new single, or is that actually canon?

If you made it up perhaps Morkovka or Daephene can help write some lyrics 😅

It's too bad that bands aren't a thing 😂 Or drums and saxophones for that matter.

Kermit and Piggy are to adorable for their own good. Piggy must be in heaven in your game. Kermit actually reciprocates her love!!!

Tee hee hee about Lawrence and Ian's beards. I forgot to take them off after I took that picture, and suddenly ran into Ian fishing and he had it, but no hat. So the difference in hair color vs beard color was quite amusing. I went to manage worlds and fixed it 😁

I'm working on this Don and Thorne thing, but I've never had so much trouble before! Sheesh

@sarabeth2984

Yes! I'm so happy about Granite Falls! I need to take a family with kids there. I haven't done that yet.

I'm sooooo glad I don't have Seasons. My trips to Granite Falls will never be ruined (except perhaps by mosquitoes 😅)

Thanks for answering about the enchanting introductions. Is it a new thing for you too? I don't particularly like it - at all! 😂

It sounds like the Munch boys are all doing well. Some mini Munches might be nice 😊

It's sad Mila won't be there to be Grandma 😢

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought you could have Sims from the same household work together. Although, now that I've seen your Sims having fun together there when one of them isn't a played character, perhaps I'll try having a couple both work there, but "living" in separate houses.

Before I removed Leo from his Strangerville scientist job and made him a playable Sim, he was still always with Hunter when he wasn't at work. Hunter just invited him to spend the night every night. I think that would be fun!

It's too bad there's bad news for Joanna though. I can't wait to see it.

Renfield sounds quite interesting 🤔 lmao!! Paranoid, erratic, and neat. What a combo. Probably necessary when living with Vlad 😅

@DarkAngel1994

Oh good! Christian went back!! His siblings really did a good job of showing him how he messed up.

However .... I still don't know who's baby it is 😂😅

@Ellupelluellu

Whew!!! Who turned up the heat? 🔥 I think that Morgyn approves of your test sim!!!!

I'm so thrilled that you are home!!! I have a bunch more to write to you but it'll have to be later 😔

@AnnoyingTiger

Omg! 😅😂🤣

I wish you could explain it too!

@Daephene

Well, the weekend is mostly over, maybe your last event is over?

I haven't really relaxed, per se, I'm not good at that, lol. But I haven't done anything more strenuous than babysit. So that's a plus.

I'm thrilled that you got IL for Christmas and love that you remodeled Sulani as soon as you got it! What did you do besides adding the retirement village?

I need to work on mine a lot more. I've done stuff with homes, but not enough on community lots. The bar and both beaches are lackluster to me.

The Andreas-Jang household had a nice holiday! I didn't realize you could use a lighter to light candles. (Jacob's face Is adorable) I imagine that is a Season's thing?

Anyway, such fun, snowpals, snow angels, Kwanzaa, birthdays, ice skating, and your after school swim club! I sure hope they don't try swimming in the winter!! 😳 But yes, it's wonderful to see those tender moments when you aren't controlling your Sims. Millie is the Hecking's daughter, right? She looks very pretty in this shot.

@Doctor_Vikter

I always forget that most of you are younger than I am. Although I'm not sure if I'm assuming that in your case? 🤔 (For some reason I think you mentioned a reference to not having been alive in the 80's) Well, I was 13 in 1980, and I can tell you that you've done a great job with that mall!

Our favorite mall had sunken areas to sit and rest in. Octagon shaped, so at least 6 couches nestled along the inner walls. Plus arm chairs facing the couches and polished granite coffee tables between the couches and chairs. Everything was a deep red color. Carpeting, furniture, etc. The other two sides were stairs in and out. The sunken aspect kind of kept your little kids corralled. And there were enormous polished red granite blocks around the outside of the "pit," and around gardens of live plants. The bigger kids climbed around on those huge blocks playing hide and seek tag.

There were also enormous areas of no floor on the upper level. (I'm sure there's a word for it, but I can't think of it 😅 ) Anyway, there was a fence around the "gaps" so you could see all of the lower level by looking over/through the fence. It was fun to "split the party" and try to find your friends by looking for them from the upper level. Food courts were not a thing at that point. A McDonald's or Woolworth's would be nestled among the stores here and there, and sooooo fun to stop in them to eat.

There was always a huge "central court" in a mall. Santa usually set up there at Christmas time. Sometimes there would be a little child sized train there at that time too.

The little kiosks that are in malls now, and usually fill those central courts now, didn't exist.

One of the malls in our area had an ice skating rink in the central court area (year around) for the duration of my childhood, and into my teen years. That was ultra cool. Perhaps you could exchange your spa for a skating rink 😁

There was a super long, wide hallway down to my favorite mall's bathrooms. (With no food court there was no place to just stick bathrooms) It was actually the maintenance tunnel. It was carpeted, and I used to do continuous cartwheels all the way down the hall. Either that or run races. That was the best 😊

Ahhhh, so many memories. The thing is, I think modern malls are still much the same, so sadly I can't adequately describe the differences between then and now. They were just nicer and friendlier then, lol.

I'll bet you weren't expecting that long monologue were you? 😅

I wish I had Photoshop again. I used to know how to use it so well! (And by used to, I mean 16 - 17 years ago 😂 )

Anyway, with that I'm sure I could fix the lightning and color of my pictures. I use free programs like pixlr and ribbet, but they are not nearly as good. 😔

I won't put mods of any kind in my game. I wish I wasn't such a chicken about it because heard of that reshade thing before.

@TheLastStar

Oh my God! The picture of Lilith and Caleb watching the movie together is amazing! Holy cow, he's a mess isn't he? What traits make him that much of a wimp? Adorable wimp, but wimp just the same 😂

I like Cala Vatore a bit more than Lilt. Her features don't seem to work well as a man, or maybe it's just the face he's making in that shot. Caleb's features look darling on a girl though. It looks like he could be quite gender fluid too.

Morgyn looks way to good in those Playboy bunny outfits! Watch out world!
    Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

• Options
    Doctor_VikterDoctor_Vikter Posts: 247 Member

I always forget that most of you are younger than I am. Although I'm not sure if I'm assuming that in your case? 🤔 (For some reason I think you mentioned a reference to not having been alive in the 80's) Well, I was 13 in 1980, and I can tell you that you've done a great job with that mall!

Our favorite mall had sunken areas to sit and rest in. Octagon shaped, so at least 6 couches nestled along the inner walls. Plus arm chairs facing the couches and polished granite coffee tables between the couches and chairs. Everything was a deep red color. Carpeting, furniture, etc. The other two sides were stairs in and out. The sunken aspect kind of kept your little kids corralled. And there were polished red granite blocks around the outside of the "pit," and around gardens of live plants. The bigger kids climbed around on those huge blocks playing hide and seek tag.

There were also enormous areas of no floor on the upper level. (I'm sure there's a word for it, but I can't think of it 😅 ) Anyway, there was a fence around the "gaps" so you could see all of the lower level by looking over/through the fence. It was fun to "split the party" and try to find your friends by looking for them from the upper level. Food courts were not a thing at that point. A McDonald's or Woolworth's would be nestled among the stores here and there, and sooooo fun to stop in them to eat.

There was always a huge "central court" in a mall. Santa usually set up there at Christmas time. Sometimes there would be a little child sized train there at that time too.

The little kiosks that are in malls now, and usually fill those central courts now, didn't exist.

One of the malls in our area had an ice skating rink in the central court area (year around) for the duration of my childhood, and into my teen years. That was ultra cool. Perhaps you could exchange your spa for a skating rink 😁

There was a super long, wide hallway down to my favorite mall's bathrooms. (With no food court there was no place to just stick bathrooms) It was actually the maintenance tunnel. It was carpeted, and I used to do continuous cartwheels all the way down the hall. Either that or run races. That was the best 😊

Ahhhh, so many memories. The thing is, I think modern malls are still much the same, so sadly I can't adequately describe the differences between then and now. They were just nicer and friendlier then, lol.

I'll bet you weren't expecting that long monologue were you? 😅

I wish I had Photoshop again. I used to know how to use it so well! (And by used to, I mean 16 - 17 years ago 😂 )

Anyway, with that I'm sure I could fix the lightning and color of my pictures. I use free programs like pixlr and ribbet, but they are not nearly as good. 😔

I won't put mods of any kind in my game. I wish I wasn't such a chicken about it because heard of that reshade thing before.

Thanks for taking the time to respond! I appreciate it, too! I want to go for a more realistic view of one from that time frame rather than the overly a e s t h e t i c pink and cyan ones that are conveyed often

I wasn't around during the 80s (I do own a car from the late 80s though LOL so that's my little time machine). Was born in the very early 90s, but I do remember our local mall at least being somewhat "dated" for awhile until it flooded in the early 2000s. The food court used to be my favorite with the bright neon lighting and the old "big screen" TV in the middle of the court, which was just made up of smaller CRT televisions LOL. There were a ton of indoor plant decor everywhere (which is all removed now after they refinished it after the flood). Funny enough, another semi-local mall (now recently closed) was a legit time machine from the 90s with the neon lighting, pastel colors, and really old tile flooring. I really miss that place even though it smelt musty and had 0 to no good stores in it. I took a picture a few months before it closed of my favorite court that was settled in front of the shuddered Sears. I know malls in general are starting to die with consumers changing the way they buy products (ie: Wal-Mart, Amazon, Etc).

Your old mall sounds really brilliant though honestly I really wish a lot of them still kept with the colors and use of marble decor, plants, and mirror columns. One of my childhood ones also had the sunken areas to sit and eat and it also didn't have a food court. Just a Papa Ginos pizza place which is still there today even though over half the mall is gone. There were also fountains and people would throw their pennies and coins into it.
    A lot of modern ones are wicked sterile looking with nearly no plant life, fun store fronts, lighting, etc and it's just a place to quickly go into to grab something then leave. Not a huge hang out spot anymore though me and my friends at least try to go to walk around some and get steps in. It's funny, me and my friends also talk about the atmosphere and how the friendliness has really dissipated over the past few years. Obviously you got to see it more first hand but I can feel it big time, too :s .

Thank you for the inspiration, though! I'm strange and actually watch a lot of documentaries on malls and the abandoned ones that are/were around the country. I might have to put the skating rink in, instead of the spa, would probably be a ton more fun anyways and I can watch my Sims try their best at not falling to the ground :D

Hay I'm sure you could do it again if you get PS. I still have the Photoshop from 2005 on my laptop :D I think it was even free, legally of course, at a point on Adobe's website as they were transitioning to newer versions. I honestly think CS2 might even still be legally free if you'd want to get PS again

I think as long as you adjust the exposure settings and contrast you can at least brighten up the images some, I'm not sure what other tools those programs come with but essentials are sometimes better with less frustration and confusion :#

And that's okay! I don't blame you, honestly. I love mods but I have like 20 backups of my game if one of them breaks over time LOL I try to keep a lot of mods cosmetic but I've had to troubleshoot a lot of my Sims games (Sims 3 especially) when one of them breaks oof. Reshade has a bit of jargon that comes with it and can be a bit of a pickle to first set up, I know there's tutorials out there but def something I've had to fiddle with for a bit to get it working just right with Sims
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    ||Steam || Origin: Z0mbie_Cakez ||Art Blog ||
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited December 2019
    @sarabeth2984
    Antoniette is not a bad person (at least outside her working hours, she is the highest level criminal), but she tends to act in extremes if someone makes the mistake of getting in her way.
    I use MCCC, NPCC and some mods from Bienchen, everything I can get my hands on to keep the pest out. I very rarely download sims from the gallery, because I just feel no connection with a random sim with no backstory, no matter how good they may look. I think I have about 2 or 3 gallery sims in my game at the moment, the rest are premades, their children and my own sims.
    In my country, english tends to be the first foreign language kids learn, usually from the age 10, but at some schools even earlier. I imagine that it must be different in other countries that have more slavic influence, but here, english is everywhere, so even if you don´t learn it at school (which is very rare), you will likely still end up picking up at least some words and phrases from tv, radio and internet.
    MCCC decided the fate of Aedlaide´s relationship for me. Yesterday when I was playing, I got a notification that they had broken up due to not being able to handle long-distance relationship (Adelaide lives at Willow Creek and Gunther at Windenburg). So there´s that. I could, technically, cheat them back together, but I am not sure if I should. I think I´ll wait untill the next time I play Adelaide (whenever it happen, because my already huge rotation is now even bigger thanks to the households from my other save) and see how she feels about it. I have turned off the random marriages and babies, s they should remain the way they are.
    Irish mermaids sound awesome! I too was a bit disappointed with how little our mermaids can do.
    Your talk about cheating Joanna some vampire perks reminded me that I need to do the same to Aedion. He lives at San Myshuno and is usually too busy anyway to leave his appartment during daytime, but better safe than sorry. But I don´t think that I will just give it to him - if he wants sunlight immunity, he needs to become master vampire first. Aedion´s in-game backstory is that he was born a spellcaster, but did not learn it until after he had already been turned into a vampire as a teenager by his cousin Catarina (there may have been some alcohol involved, which made both of them believe that it was a brilliant idea. It really wasn´t. Aedion had to spend his last weeks as a teenager in hiding, because it´s forbidden to turn minors and Catarina would´ve been in a lot of trouble if someone were to find out.) These days, Aedion is a spellcaster who drinks blood and occasionally turns into a bat, nothing unusual to see here. Most of all, he loves the fact that he is able to brew his own potion of plentiful needs :D
    Poor Father Winter, what a torture you put the poor man through! :D I read somewhere that some sims are programmed to be immortal, I guess that Father Winter is one of them. Robotic table sounds like a death trap, there is no way I am ever gonna let Kurt near this thing when he goes to Uni, humans are so fragle.

Most of my gameplay this week has been setting the stage: building, deleting sims I have no use for that are only taking up space, and adding sims to flesh out backstories and family trees. Why can´t we make a ghost in CAS? It´s depressing to make a sim, only to kill them right after to get the ghost and gravestone.
    Some highlights:
    Meghan, the younger daughter of Morgyn and Antoniette aged up. Like her brother Gideon, she was born with red eyes and a mouth full of sharp teeth ZQg0cPY.png
    WLojYdI.png
    Meghan and Gideon, doing what they love most - spreading chaos 1TvhkX2.png
    and annoying Ember the Cat QcVduzO.png
    Ember is Morgyn´s familiar (it is unclear which one named which, as Morgyn talks to her on daily basis and they appear to understand each other clearly) oEuhhgJ.png

Is it a bat? j1Bwixe.png
    Is it a boy? OGNUbl1.png
    It´s Aedion, the batboy. He only comes to visit during nighttime, since he is allergic to sunlight. A friendly duel with his mom LheanxR.png
    This looks painful JgXL9dT.png

Morgyn duelled his stepdaughter Adaline. Gotta check if the kids have been doing their homework in magic z33h7cT.png
    01AhDSi.png
    Still the best! (Morgyn knows better than to duel his wife, because she would sweep the floor with him) VVPCt49.png

Random picture of Antoniette describing the apocalypse Ln6aKhE.png
    Adaline feels that Gideon learns better in fresh air IZTbC54.png
    Random sighting of Hermione and still young, still alive Darrel Charm. They never had a chance to go fishing together in her timeline, because Darrel was already old by the time she was born 8Cri8zu.png
    Ellyn loves chemistry and wants to be a scientist when she grows up mEQ8SwL.png
    Alis has a bad habit of making rude jokes. More often than not, it ends in an argument (Antoniette: "Children... ") gEpR32S.png

Morgyn being the best-dressed dad in SimNation
    vpXVOQJ.png
    PyUqp5s.png
    t2OTfkp.png
    qL3pnTp.png
    hD6o3uk.png
    Being a stay-at-home dad is not an easy deal. You leave your toddler alone for five minutes to take a shower and he decides to repaint the bathroom floor OMkbadf.png

We will be getting to the actual plot next time, I promise. Untill then, goodnight

• Options
    Hiroko_samaHiroko_sama Posts: 15 Member
    I got the Making Magic for Christmas and decided to play it for a bit. Well during a club gathering, I found out my sim (CAS) had a twin brother I had no clue about (he's not magic so he didn't do the duplicate spell). After a bit, he decided to randomly die from being "uncomfortable". When my other sim (CAS) went to go ask him about it, that's when he decided to keel over. So much for her getting to know her future brother-in-law....
  • Options
    Hiroko_samaHiroko_sama Posts: 15 Member
    > @Hiroko_sama said:
    > I got the Making Magic for Christmas and decided to play it for a bit. Well during a club gathering, I found out my sim (CAS) had a twin brother I had no clue about (he's not magic so he didn't do the duplicate spell). After a bit, he decided to randomly die from being "uncomfortable". When my other sim (CAS) went to go ask him about it, that's when he decided to keel over. So much for her getting to know her future brother-in-law....

Side note, while everyone at the bar was crying. She just sat there looking around.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @Morkovka party outfits are so fun, I love the fourth one! Here's the outfit I came up with for a new year's party!

5LDTwZn.png

@AnnoyingTiger congrats on defeating the Mother! And yeah, the popcorn maker is dangerously alluring. How are they not malnourished?!

@RedDestiny92 nothing wrong with multiple saves! :D Raylan and Morgyn's uni adventures is a totally different save to my main one.

@AlwaysAsking absolutely no rush <3 Good luck with working out the story! Would outlining help? And oof, double vision? Go have a lie down or something! I think dehydration can sometimes cause it, yeah.

For the sketchpad, it's mostly because you need to get the painting skill up pretty high! I think there might be some daily tasks that require it, too? You actually get given one early on.

Had to look up the glasses and braids bit, but yeah, brainfarted, it was meant for @AngeliqueAdelaide XD Sorry about that!! (It's the same initials thing, heh.)

Angelique, since that was a few days ago, was replying to this:

"I checked out the eyelashes, but as my sims love their rings too much to give up on them, I am sticking to the Pralinesims ones. The ones I am using at the moment are listed as skin details, so they don´t mess with anything else.
    Your Elsa looks great! I remember struggling with mine when she aged up, I eventually got her a CC adult version of her child age hair and everyday outfit, because why fix with what is not broken."

My misaimed reply:

"The ones I'm using are keyed to glasses! Since most of the glasses I'm using are sunglasses, there's only a few outfits where they don't work (and, er, obviously they wouldn't work on someone who actually does wear regular glasses!) And thanks! I have a ton of braids because I was trying to find a decent one that'd work for Elsa-from-Frozen (I ended up just using one that was a straight copy from the movie), so there were plenty of braids to choose from!"

Sorry about the confusion, both of you XD

@Simmelina1 man, those cowplants are a menace! When I had my main grow one for an aspiration, I basically walled it in. Just to be on the safe side!

@Doctor_Vikter I remember the eighties! ...As in, my first memory was from a vacation from December 1989. I had turned three the month before. That still counts, right? ;) And yeah, a lot of the early 90s (which I do remember) had a fair bit of crossover with the late 80s, so the pastel-and-neon thing was around for a while. Have you seen Dan Bell's Dead Mall series?
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hey all! Happy Sunday!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Here’s my latest gameplay:

Joanna Morecombe, recent college grad and new employee of FutureSims Labs, Inc, had just come home from a long day at work. Her boyfriend, and coworker, Laurant Dupre’ had asked to meet her for dinner later that night. It would be their first official date.
    She was excited
    ncVoUAR.png
    He said he was going to meet her at the restaurant but texted that he was running late. So she decided to meet him at his apartment in the arts district in San Myshuno instead. She sent a text but he never responded
    Hoo boy was it cold! They don’t get blizzards like this in Oasis Springs!
    qA15KYB.png
    More under the spoiler
    She’s buzzed in
    42WLEJ3.png
    She goes in. Laurant is taken aback. His roommate is on the computer.
    Joanna flirts with her boyfriend
    WvgwO8i.png
    74IYYOH.png
    He gives her a coy smile back. Suddenly his roommate hops up from her chair and starts screaming at her.
    5hx1iqZ.png
    “Who are you and why are flirting with MY HUSBAND!”
    Crazy lady shoves her
    gjusBHd.png
    Joanna grabs a cup of punch and chucks it into crazy lady’s face.
    zKlVmcR.png
    Sarcastic taunting and lots of plums were shouted.
    49XP1Pd.png
    Laurant’s wife, Zoe, grabs another glass of punch and chucks it into Jo’s face
    2ijYEMd.png
    Nothing came out… Meanwhile Laurant is totally enjoying this catfight over him
    FlMP8nN.png
    The drink was frozen XD!! Not expecting that
    P1um5L2.png
    Joanna makes the mistake of laughing.
    37x5dOk.png
    Zoe storms off to the bathroom to scream into the mirror.
    Laurant begs that Joanna forgive him for not telling her he was married!
    eebKeiI.png
    A good deal of embarrasment for them both
    sDa02gm.png
    Then he breaks up with her.
    1UrEYnI.png
    7vxWyC5.png
    k4sx8tT.png
    0mVqzZJ.png
    To make matters worse. Zoe storms out and launches herself at Joanna.
    She was ANGRY! That was spontaneous on her part. She’s a scrappy little thing to pick a fight with a vampire.
    3PFra0B.png
    XTmtwcm.png
    IFw4xbw.png
    QYJ13oc.png
    Joanna won this round. She flew off crying. Poor kid
    For some reason this guy was very flirty. He had been watching a romantic movie
    48frLHa.png
    TOcARuk.png
    One thing led to another...
    I stayed with them for an hour or two. I noticed she started throwing up
    RJ4edz7.png
    Yep. She’s pregnant.
    D0tlSOl.png
    Laurant was very excited
    sfVa1vd.png
    I hadn’t played their household before so since Joanna had just started dating him, I wanted to see what he was like. Turns out MCCC had married him off to Zoe Patel! They are a strange couple. He has romance bars with several random women, and she seems to be having an affair with one of her old college professors (he’s an elder too). I checked MCCC and sure enough, she is pregnant with Laurant’s baby. Just goes to show you never can tell.
    Wow. I think Joanna dodged bullet with this guy.
    Don't worry. Joanna is nothing if not resiliant. She was over that breakup within 4 hours after writing in her journal and a little Sims Forever. So here is Jo playing Sims while I play Sims
    SimsCeption
    gsqZa9R.png

And on a happier note!
    Markus Crow (Joanna’s ex-boyfriend and Vlad’s adopted son) moved up to Caldera Camp after graduating college and getting a job in Conservation. Sure its a little scary living right next to a massive active volcano, but the views are great!!
    After a long day at work. Markus takes a nap and plants some plasma fruit trees in his backyard.
    vjL72g8.png
    He takes his canoe down to the main island and checks out the local bar.
    lxynhki.png
    He orders a plasma jane
    L60NCha.png
    And tucks in
    QIgx9C6.png
    Then he sees a gorgeous Sulani native wander in. (I switched control to her character and household, Markus was technically there but for some reason all you could see of him was a disembodied plasma jane glass floating around. He was invisible lol!).
    She ordered a coconut and rum cocktail.
    My kind of refreshment
    43mUt9P.png
    Markus gulped the rest of his drink down to give himself some courage. He approached her
    Jhw885H.png
    A polite introduction and some casual conversation later
    affCxEV.png
    Her name is Aleka Kahananui (Mele and Alika’s daughter, I made her in CAS). Aleka means in grace and nobility in Hawaiian
    DwWNntN.png
    They really clicked!
    2eVHZ6U.png
    He finds out she’s a lifeguard. He likes her personality too! She’s good, child of the islands, and cheerful.
    They swap numbers
    cdMPhJC.png
    3BMf9xZ.png
    A few coy whispers later
    6TaY4yl.png
    She makes her goodbyes and starts sashaying down the beach. I guess she was headed to a bonfire. He flew after her and catches up with her.
    GfAPcsB.png
    First kiss
    2QQYhFd.png
    She’s happy to see him again.
    LtgkDqO.png
    hQyuA4M.png
    He was too
    pvSF5fA.png
    Oh good grief
    XrFyKEp.png
    He asked to be her boyfriend!
    She said yes!
    vGqJZaN.png
    They make their goodbyes. And he heads home. Of course being a vampire, he was still wide awake and raring to go so he decides to do some sightseeing around the island. He was wondering what the waterfall looked like by moonlight.
    Turns out the views were much more beautiful than he thought
    778edZY.png
    Aleka was happy to see him
    PKtrdm9.png
    Really happy to see him
    vXARyUB.png
    XkJd19f.png
    CUjqgBk.png
    YGorjy0.png
    They were both super flirty when
    He proposed! (MCCC spontaneously)
    7fen3BV.png
    I was like no no no no, y’all just met! She’s gonna say no! NO!

But I didn’t have to worry because she said YES!
    QIMCuRV.png
    oZAi5u5.png
    I don’t know where he got that ring so quickly, but whatever
    VHBKdkq.png
    v1MpkJP.png
    They were still there at dawn
    6aNgy1f.png
    Here’s a daytime shot of Aleka. My game made Mele a spellcaster for some reason, I think as an extra to hang around the Realm of Magic so both of her daughters are spellcasters. I am going to play them as island healers.
    0V0fCeg.png
    And her younger teen sister, Healani (Mist from Heaven in Hawaiian)
    NI73Zrg.png
    G2kO44K.png
    Mele and Alika needed some kids.
    Especially Alika, I’m not fond of Mele.

Some random news around my game too! Fun stuff but not part of my main sims.
    Geoffrey Landgraab welcomes his son Johnny Zest back into the family, much to Nancy’s and Malcolm’s annoyance. Nancy had thrown him out and disinherited him years ago over an argument. He’s the new family heir. Johnny had taken his dad’s surname of Zest when he left. Geoffrey had married into Nancy’s family and she demanded he take her last name.
    DkbPiAA.png
    3eNPy7f.png
    After a few interactions, Geoffrey and Johnny were best of friends!
    UcFC1NO.png
    hygEYNO.png
    Yeah Mom and baby brother are less than happy
    iZIVytL.png
    Iz80E6K.png
    Ahh too bad Malcolm. Fake frowny face :( Johnny’s back in town!!
    XN3wabV.png
    Agnes Nitt-deMagpyr (one of my Terry Pratchett witches) and her husband Vlad deMagpyr (Discworld vampire) moved from the hustle and bustle of San Myshuno to Forgotten Hollow to some new townhomes (I built and designed these townhomes for vampires with modern tastes complete with plasma fruit trees in the backyard) :)
    dDADfAj.png
    GLdY2CL.png
    Anyway, they just found out they are expecting!
    3z9mO8K.png
    Vlad was excited about the good news
    TVkADXy.png
    Post edited by sarabeth2984 on
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    @ryttu3k
    The potion's actually not possible in the game but logically should be due to another thing that you can make in-game. Likely it's not a thing only because EAxis doesn't let Sims directly kill other Sims. But C20 tells you what it is so I won't here xD

Chapter 20. And now for the moment you've all been waiting for! THIS IS IT YA'LL LET'S GO GET THAT SARNAI. This isn't the finale, but we're close! Damian's prediction about who would fill what role in this mission was actually incorrect, and I don't think they even realise that until after they do it. xD (If you need a recap at this point I'm just... go find Chapter 1 in the archive smh xD)
    { Archive | Cast }

12-29-19_7-14-28-pm.jpg
    ( Hey look, it’s Harry, Ron, and Hermione, TMA style, you know if Harry Ron and Hermione all had the hots for each other. And tbh JK Rowling can’t convince me they didn’t. )

Unfortunately, since Glimmerstones no longer worked, they had to get to Magic Realm the pedestrian way. Morgyn wasn’t terribly fond of the idea, but it wasn’t like they had a choice in the matter. Unfortunately, Morgyn didn’t quite remember where the heck it was, and they spent some time wandering around Glimmerbrook in circles.
    And then, finally, they found it.
    “Oh, great,” Morgyn said upon seeing it, and then swore quietly. “That was the only way I can think of to get there.”
    Cassandra saddened at seeing the rubble of the gate. Without the gate, and Glimmerstones, then what was there? Maybe she should’ve been working on a teleportation potion. (Was that even a thing?)
    “Calm down,” Caleb said. “Lilith just learned to teleport via mist. We can ask her to get us there.”
    “Lilith’s never been to Magic Realm,” Morgyn argued.
    “Of course not,” Caleb said. “But I’ll bet either the gate has a residual indicator of how to get there, or you do.” Morgyn was a Sage, after all.
    Morgyn seemed to find that plan fine, because nothing else was said before the blond had started off toward Forgotten Hollow. Caleb just snorted in amusement, and followed.
    12-29-19_7-21-10-pm.jpg
    “Just because it’s dark doesn’t mean it’s evil, Summer,” Lilith was saying.
    Summer looked a bit unsure about that assessment, but if Lilith said so.
    “Darkness just is,” Lilith went on. “Just like light can be good or bad, so can darkness.”
    “Light can be bad?” Summer asked.
    “You ever gotten a sunburn?” Lilith asked in return. “The sun’s rays are actually very dangerous, even to human Sims. They’re just kind of resistant to it and the atmosphere helps too. … and we have visitors.”
    “No one bad I hope,” Summer said.
    “Just them, hey,” Lilith greeted, as Caleb opened the door and they went in. “Oh boy, what’s with the faces?”
    “The only known other way into Magic Realm collapsed,” Caleb said.
    “We were hoping you could find another way in,” Cassandra explained.
    Oh. “How do you figure I do that?” Lilith asked.
    “Well, either Morgyn or the gate itself might have enough of a pathway for you to pick up on,” Caleb answered.
    Lilith’s lips moved to one side, and then she moved over, holding a hand out in front of Morgyn. “… mm-mm,” she said. “You’ve been out of Magic Realm too long. Take me to this gate I guess.”

12-29-19_7-27-13-pm.jpg
    “Why does it have to be raining, anyway?” Morgyn grumbled. The four of them had appeared at the remnants of the gate, this time with Lakshmi. To her credit, she stayed quiet.
    “Maybe the Watcher’s crying,” Cassandra answered.
    “It’s still annoying,” Morgyn replied.
    “You’re just in a mood,” Cassandra said, crossing her arms.
    Morgyn didn’t respond, mostly because Cassandra was right. It’d been almost four months since Damian had gone, though, and it was surprising Cassandra didn’t seem as impatient as Morgyn. Then again, maybe it was for the best. Two of them losing their patience would probably make Caleb and Lilith’s jobs harder than necessary.
    “Ah, I got it,” Lilith said. She stood up from the rubble of the gate, and shuffled over to them. “Here, stand right here,” she said, waving her hand to indicate where they needed to be.
    Cassandra moved into place, eyeing Morgyn like she was worried the Sage would do something stupid. Truth be told, she kind of was.
    As soon as Caleb and Morgyn had moved, Lilith focused her powers, and all five vanished in a burst of black smoke.

( I am not crying, you little snot. )

12-29-19_7-30-18-pm.jpg
    As they landed, Cassandra held her head for a moment. “Wow, what a trip.”
    “Yeah, it takes some getting used to,” Lilith answered. “Just stay still for a moment.”
    “Oh no…” Morgyn said, shuffling towards the edge of the cliff they stood on. The sound of fire crackling and some odd wooshing sound could be heard not far away, and it looked like Morgyn found it.
    Cassandra and Caleb followed Morgyn’s gaze. Cassandra gasped, her hands raising to cover her mouth. Caleb frowned.
    Lilith arched an eyebrow.

12-29-19_7-30-28-pm.jpg
    “Is that normal?” Lilith asked.
    “No,” Morgyn, Caleb, and Cassandra answered at once.
    “Caster’s Alley… that’s where all the stray familiars hang out…”
    “Come on,” Caleb said. “If we don’t do something about it, it’s not going to change.”
    Caleb was right, and Morgyn knew it. A slight head tilt, and a breath in, and Morgyn turned back around. “We need to find Sarnai,” Morgyn said, “but I don’t know where to start looking, and my sensing capabilities are … well, lacking.”
    Lilith smiled. “I have an idea.”

12-29-19_7-34-30-pm.jpg
    Morgyn looked confused, but Lilith just pulled herself up and began meditating.
    “Vampires can sense one another through dark meditation,” Caleb said. “If there’s still any vampire left in her, Lilith will be able to sense it.”
    “Probably a good thing we still have a vampire on our side, huh?” Morgyn asked.
    Caleb laughed. “Yeah, just a bit.” If they were still working with Miss Hell, this would be messier than it needed to be, and she might’ve turned out to be an active hindrance.
    They went quiet, waiting for Lilith. Cassandra glanced at Morgyn, and then reached over and nudged Morgyn’s arm.
    “I still can’t bring people back from the dead,” she said. “So you’re not allowed to do anything dumb.”
    “Define dumb, love,” Morgyn replied, arching an eyebrow.
    Cassandra stared for a moment, and then laughed. “Sometimes I can’t believe you and Damian are related.”
    “Oh, you should’ve met him when he was young still,” Morgyn replied. “He was worse than me. Got into a lot more trouble than I did, and not just over my lack of pronouns.” Morgyn went quiet for a moment, and then quietly said, “I regret losing that Damian. And I don’t want to lose the one I’ve still got.”
    Cassandra smiled sadly, reaching over and taking Morgyn’s hand. Morgyn looked up at her, and returned her smile.
    “Got her,” Lilith said, setting back down on the grass. “Let’s go.”

12-29-19_7-41-33-pm.jpg
    Sarnai snorted, as the group mist-ported in. That wasn’t surprising to her. She was expecting a rescue party at some point or another. Damian still hadn’t woken up, but neither had he died. That was also surprising. He was tougher than he looked, that was for sure.
    Of course, it didn’t matter to her much if he died now. He was no use to her anymore. The All was hers now, and that was as much as she needed him for. On the bright side, he still wasn’t awake enough to whinge and be annoying.
    Not that he did a lot of whinging. It was mostly defiance. The Embers apparently had a thing against authority, and perhaps a lacking attachment to breathing.
    “We suppose you’re here for Damian?” Sarnai asked. She waved a hand. Sparkles of magic swirled around to one side, and there he was.

12-29-19_7-42-06-pm.jpg
    Cassandra almost moved to get him down, but Caleb grabbed her arm before she could. It was probably for the best. Instead, she grit her teeth.
    “We were more interested in throwing him off one of these islands,” Sarnai said. “How far will one fall? Without the barriers, would you fall forever? We imagine the barriers keep one from falling into space, at least…”
    Sarnai turned to one side, walking a bit. And then she grinned her wild grin, and reached out, her hand sparkling.
    “I wouldn’t do anything stupid if I were you, Sarnai,” Morgyn said. The hammer clicked, as Morgyn aimed the tranquiliser gun at Lakshmi.

12-29-19_7-44-50-pm.jpg
    Sarnai paused, her hand lowering a slight bit, as she turned to Morgyn. Her gaze then fell on her sister, and her lips flattened into a line.
    “That’s right,” Morgyn said. “So, your bloodline ends here. Or will you save it? Choose wisely.” Morgyn had made this tranquiliser gun to look like a real one on purpose. Sarnai wouldn’t know the difference. Morgyn had made sure rummaging around in Morgyn’s head was a nigh impossible task before coming, and the others had no idea the gun existed in the first place.
    Cassandra looked like she wanted to ask, and for that matter, so did Caleb. Lilith just looked amused.
    “What do you want?” Sarnai asked, her eyes narrowing, hands resting on her hips.
    “An even trade,” Morgyn replied. “I’ll give you yours, if you give me mine.” Morgyn wouldn’t stretch this so far as to demand Sarnai release the All in exchange for her sister, but if she just gave Damian back, that would be good enough.
    Sarnai considered the deal for a moment, and then glanced down at Lakshmi. Her sister fearfully glanced up at Morgyn, and then met Sarnai’s gaze and just barely, shook her head no. She’d figure it out eventually, or at least, Lakshmi hoped.
    Eventually, Sarnai released a sigh, and then nodded her head. “Fine.” Her hand raised, her fingers snapping together, and the ropes holding Damian released him.
    Caleb moved to get him, but Lilith held her hand out and stopped him, getting him herself. Caleb wasn’t a vampire anymore, but if Sarnai decided to lash out at whoever it was that retrieved Damian, Lilith had a higher chance of tolerating it.
    But, Sarnai didn’t stop her, as she gathered Damian up off the floor and moved away. Morgyn lowered the gun, and nodded for Lakshmi to go. One last concerned glance at Morgyn, and Lakshmi scurried over to her sister, pausing long enough to hug her, and then tucking herself behind her just slightly.

12-29-19_9-18-09-pm.jpg
    As Lakshmi scurried behind her, Sarnai gave her a look over. “Are you okay?” she asked. It was hard to tell if the spellcasters had done anything to her sister, but she seemed okay.
    For a moment, Lakshmi looked confused, and then nodded. “I am.” Maybe Orion was right, and in her strange, detached manner, Sarnai really did care about her. She had just given up one of the Embers over her, after all. “I’m surprised you agreed to that.”
    Sarnai shrugged one shoulder. “Damian has used up his usefulness. If that was all they wanted, we feel like we came out on top.”
    For a moment, Lakshmi went quiet, and then said, “Sometimes, I can’t tell if you really care about me or not.”
    Sarnai gave Lakshmi the most confused stare she’d ever worn on her face before. “You’re our sister,” Sarnai said. “The only one we’ve ever had. Of course we do. We are not good at feelings. We’re sorry if we hurt you.”
    And Lakshmi smiled.

12-29-19_9-10-18-pm-1.jpg
    And Cassandra was at an impasse.
    Did she do it, or did she leave it alone? Damian was safe now, maybe that was the important part. But then, she did know if she left it alone, the All would remain in Sarnai, and magic would never return. As much as she hated to admit it, Sarnai had immensely thrown off the balance of the world, and now wasn’t a good time to grow sympathy for the sisters.
    Cassandra drew a breath in, remembering the pain of being separated from Damian, not knowing if he was alive or not, of having to send her daughter away and lie to the girl. And then she grit her teeth. “I’m sorry,” she whispered, and then drew her arm back and threw the potion, quickly reaching over and pulling Lilith behind her.
    “Wha -“
    The explosion was instant. The moment it hit Sarnai’s skin, the bottle burst, unleashing the potion. Sarnai looked confused for a moment, and then drew a gasp in, just as a brilliant shot of light went into her heart.
    NO!” Lakshmi shrieked, as her sister burst into ash.

12-29-19_7-51-17-pm.jpg
    Lakshmi fell to the floor. Sparks of purple light loosed from the ash, rising into the air like a tiny pack of fairies dancing their fairy dance, and then the light was gone. Cassandra gasped softly as magic flooded back through her veins, stepping backward slightly from the sudden rush of it.
    Morgyn crackled and sparked, grimacing as it was difficult to control. Caleb’s hand opened, and sparks danced on his skin.

12-29-19_8-14-49-pm.jpg
    The All was alive, and magic had returned.
    The giddiness began to wear off. Cassandra turned to Lakshmi, curled up beside her sister’s remains and crying. Cassandra felt sorry for her, not hatred. Cassandra and Lakshmi were a lot alike in this; both just loved someone caught up in it.
    “I’m sorry,” Cassandra said, stepping toward Lakshmi a few steps.
    Don’t,” Lakshmi snarled. Cassandra backed up one step. “Don’t bother. Sarnai had lost her mind, and I know it as well as anyone else. Maybe better.” Lakshmi paused, sniffling. “It needed to be done, and maybe I wasn’t enough to bring her back from the dark path she wandered down. It was partly my own fault, anyway. I gave her what she needed to know to start.”
    Lakshmi stood, her gaze still on the pile of ash. For a moment, she just watched it, and then waved her hand and the ash was gone. “I don’t hate you for that,” Lakshmi said. “But for the record, we’ll never be friends.”
    Lakshmi turned, and walked away, and no one stopped her.
    Cassandra sadly watched her go, and then drew a breath in, turning to Lilith and Damian. “Is he going to be okay?” she asked.
    Lilith tilted her head. “He’s alive,” she said. “Barely, but he’s hanging on. Vampire magic is unpredictable and kind of a mess, so it’s hard to say what’ll happen long term. I’ll need a better look at him. But I will help any way I can.”
    Cassandra took a breath in. She turned to Morgyn, then. “You’ll have to help rebuild, I’m sure.”
    Morgyn snorted. “No. I’m technically a Sage, but, Damian comes first this time.” Because Damian should’ve come first the last time. “Let’s go home.”
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @sarabeth2984 Laurant, you cad! Man, he must have something going on if Zoe's willing to be with him after all that! And yeah, I think Joanna made a pretty lucky escape! And good luck to Aleka and Markus, even if I think that was the Sulani equivalent of a Vegas wedding, haha. And I'm so glad Johnny and Geoffrey reconnected! <3

@Keidra ooh, gotcha. I shall dive right in! Also listen the Golden Trio is an OT3 I have been disregarding basically everything Rowling has been saying since... well, the epilogue, actually. I agree with Lilith, honestly, and not just because I'm pasty and sunburn too easily ;) The familiars ;_; Hopefully they were able to get out, at least they can all fly/hover/whatever! Yeah, I would much rather have Lilith on my side than Miss Hell XD;; Man, I feel bad for Lakshmi in that Sarnai actually did have to pause to consider! OH. THE SUN SPELL FROM TS3? THAT WORKS. Poor Lakshmi, although I'm glad she was able to recognise that Sarnai needed to be stopped. Time for everyone to heal <3
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

@ryttu3k - My Christmas was great, got to see my little sisters before they went back to their dad.
    That's Iris being herself, taking action without second thoughts. Jonathan and Morgyn are good friends, and Caleb knew what Jonathan is going through since he had been in his shoes before (with the Thorne Bailey problem).

@AlwaysAsking - Although punching is not the answer, but that's just Iris being herself.
    The baby father will be revealed in this post.
    Fast forward to third trimester, and Jonathan and Christian can't wait to be parents. Not sure if Jonathan is carrying one or two babies.
    KiT5Qyp.png

As usual, Christian ended up with an injured arm after practice.
    OsKuIBK.png

Jonathan painted a picture for the baby. I never seen this one before, it's cute. :)
    l8lpaWJ.png

Looking up on the parent forum, while Christian was exercising. Not good for your arm there, but he's a trooper.
    u6PQQmx.png
    mf7wZsN.png

The next day, Jonathan went into labor early in the morning!
    QTldA1c.png
    bsahAaB.png

Christian met up with an old friend of his back at Selvadorada.
    7b3YQHA.png

"Doc, is this even safe?"
    "Don't worry, Mr. Antoine, this machine works like a charm," Doctor Garcia said and pressed a few buttons on the panel. "Feeling comfortable?"
    "This isn't going to hurt the baby, is it?" Jonathan asked.
    "Trust me, I'm a doctor. You and your baby will be perfectly fine."
    Nn7WxRA.png
    S7K9mBL.png

Jonathan gave birth a baby girl, and Christian noticed the sprite had arrived. It seemed to be overjoyed at the birth of the new member of the Antoine family.
    4pR7qaD.png
    iB2ICQ1.png

"Before you go rest up, I was given a special request," Dr. Garcia said. "Not only does this machine help with the birthing, but it can also read DNA. Congratulation, Mr. Christian Antoine, you are the father of your baby girl."
    Christian was very ecstatic at the news.
    I7eIOQx.png
    GyqKNze.png

Welcome to the world, Juliet Antoine. :)
    cQAZ4gW.png
    NpBKBme.png
    ffZ4r8a.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Hello everyone. Again!

Meet Hanna Sanchez!

Her father was from Selvadorada, her mother from Strangerville County. She moved from Selvadorada on her own so she could go to a better university and into the "big City" of Strangerville. Unfortunately all she could afford was a run down trailer...

9EY1SAw.png

Vu6KtZJ.png

NhiBe5e.png

Now this is where it all get... weird.
    The neighbors welcomed her to the town, but it was like something from a horror film! At least they seemed friendly and not wanting to eat her brains...

G3tZiDX.png

9GhsXJJ.png

uzJufc6.png

Hanna promptly locked the door to her trailer after that. Also, who brings fruitcake as a gift?
    ...Nevermind; Hanna needed some money before she could apply to an university, so she settled on freelance computer expert. Also, she had scraped together enough money to build a robot workbench. AI and robotics were her true passions after all and the reason she wanted to go to university at all.

VGOrbek.png

The number of people acting possessed seemed to get smaller. Unfortunately they still showed up at the worst of times...

zikBcJ8.png

Hanna tried to get new friends outsde Selvadorada, and it was hit and miss... quite literally.

aWNlcST.png

yvSmhz1.png

As a side note I must say that I enjoy playing a more "back to basic" Sim game. Not a celeb, or vampire, or...
    Also, unfortunately University is about as boring as I expected; I wasn't that keen on it to begin with because I remember that I modded my game in Sims 2 so I could get degrees without having to do the whole boring "School" thing. It's not as bad here but it is way too tight with time. My solution is to just tell the game to "plum it" and turn aging off and only do three classes per semester. More would be beyond boring, I feel.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    As a fun aside, this convo happened with the spousal beings after I released C20:
    whatadiviningrod.jpg

@ryttu3k
    Yup. I basically blocked the HP epilogue out, actually. Lol I was like aaaand we're done here, the epilogue is dead to me.
    Wellll some familiars out there in Caster's Alley were a cat or a dog. But it's okay.

Honestly, Lakshmi's not a bad person. She was just kinda mad at the other spellcasters but didn't ever want Sarnai to go quite as far as she did. Buuut nobody can really control Sarnai anyway. (Even Rakhesekhen couldn't, though admittedly he gets much closer than most.) So it wasn't really her fault but I think some part of her feels like it was, you know? It's like, Sarnai did actually love you but I don't think she gave you quite as much weight as you'd think she would've knowing that. They're kind of a complex mess. Like, in her way, yes, Sarnai did love Lakshmi. She just loved her vices and getting her way more. They're sort of modeled after the relationship I had with my mother.

BASICALLY! I was like hmm, you can make a drink that gives a vampire resistance to sunlight. Let's make one that generates concentrated sunlight! In the original write-up of C19, I actually wrote that the potion turned gold and started radiating heat, and then was like I don't wanna spoil what this does yet so I rewrote it to be more vague xD

And yes, time for some healing. C21 is going to be a nice change of pace, as will 22. c: I can't wait!
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

• Options
    AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    edited December 2019
    ryttu3k wrote: »

5LDTwZn.png

@AnnoyingTiger congrats on defeating the Mother! And yeah, the popcorn maker is dangerously alluring. How are they not malnourished?!

That sim is so beautiful 😍 And thanks! It was a lot of fun trying to piece everything together. I've always hard that popcorn is good for you, but I'm pretty sure you need more than that to survive. And burnt? They are really desperate lol What's ironic is that their mother is maxed in both cooking skills but they're just like "Nah, popcorn" lol

@Keidra I agree with that discord convo 100% Cats and Morgyn? Just add tacos and I'm hooked for life lol Also, is that a sims 4 discord, by chance? I've been trying to find an active one but I haven't had much luck.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    @Keidra "my spousal being" is an excellent way to reference a partner and made me giggle. I'll have to remember that if I ever get one!

I do have a question about Simprovise. I see that you already have Morgyn up as one of your characters (which is fair). With premades can we add our own versions of them so we can also roleplay them? Because I'd want to roleplay Morgyn too, but I obviously don't want to step on your toes :p

@Doctor_Vikter Thanks so much! I downloaded your preset and it's very dark (I know it's supposed to be, don't worry). I'm going a bit insane with reshade at the moment because nearly every preset I download shows up super dark compared to the preview images, and I can't figure out the reason why besides a lot of the presets being made on earlier versions of the program. And when I say dark, I mean to the point that it's hard to see much. It's doing my head in because I really want to take pretty screenshots but everything is too 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dark!

If anybody on the thread who uses reshade can help me I'd be very greatful because I am honestly going insane trying to get these presets working. I know I could make one myself but I'm still learning what everything does in reshade and I'm not very good at it... I just want my game to be bright enough that I can actually see my sims!

@AlwaysAsking I think Caleb is just a softie because he's a good vampire. That and he has the lover trait if you have the mod that shall not be named. I like the contrast it gives between him and Lillith though haha

I agree with you completely about Lilth's features not working very well on the male frame. I tried my best to make Lilt look decent, but that baby face just kept throwing me off and I just left him as is in the end haha. But Cala is adorable!

@ryttu3k That is a ridiculous amount of CC and I envy that you can have that much and have your game still run. Makes me wish I could get a gaming laptop, but alas, I don't not possess the funds for that!

I think you're the only person who's read my story update haha nobody else has commented on it, and it only has a few awesomes. Either my writing is getting sloppy/boring (which is saddening since I didn't go to university and literally study writing to be crap at it, but then again I haven't been writing much lately) or everybody is very busy!

Have some Vatore Siblings
    WdbkrcY.png
    zsC6E40.png

Dark Forms
    McAnSFX.png

And just some general stupidity

ruslkzt.png
    Peitrie being Peitrie, also I aged him up to a teen but I forgot to take a screenshot of him lol I'll put it in my next post

"Is that rain?"
    WjdS3WU.png

Caleb is so happy to get presents
    tjB5GMt.png

PRREEEEESSSSSSEEEEENNNNNNTTTTTSSSSSS *camera shaking violently as it zooms into Caleb's face*
    C7JQgw5.png

This is the best face I've ever seen Corin make and it simultaneously makes me laugh and will haunt my nightmares for the foreseeable future
    wi0pnC1.png

Looking swish ;)
    szgokE2.png

• Options
    WOW the forums are being great at sending me alerts today! NOT.

@AnnoyingTiger
    No, that's just the Discord server I talk to the spousal beings on (one is 1500 miles away, so it's just easier for staying in touch). :c Sorry

@TheLastStar
    Unfortunately, an RP board is a single cohesive world, so there's only one of each Sim, including premades. Buuuuut if you want, there's probably a copy back at Magic Realm, because psh staying in the Realm forever is so pedestrian, so I wouldn't mind if you wanted to take up playing one of Morgyn's copies. Speaking of, I meant to put up a Magic Realm board on there three days ago or something... rofl
    ... just one copy, so you're the only one I'll okay that for. I don't think Simprovise needs to become the army of 80,000 Morgyn Embers.

By the way someone come take up Caleb. Please? Please. I'll give you candy. A thousand Morgyn screenshots. Like. My soul? Does anyone want my soul? LOL I mean it turned black in 8th grade but it's still functional for most intents and purposes.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @AlwaysAsking I'mmmm just gonna drop this in a spoiler lol.
    Thorne would see Don as a possession a favored one but all the same, he's got a twisted mind up there, I guess he ought to trust Penny if she's gonna be like that then. Thorne and Don really need one another I suppose, again ha. I suppose I am looking forward to them being reunited however you have posted by the time I'm getting to this so I'll respond to the whole thing in order...I'm easily confused you see lol. Okay somewhat in order let's see.

Oh yes I was working out the details as I gave him his chance, though of course no matter how little they had known one another I still wanted him to seem attached to her. Perhaps not the healthiest but there was a part of him still willing to hold back, but yes he had some panic there seeing the connections while partially recognizing Bella was AS bad as she could have been. Oh no Alex has his reason for being cozy there but uh I'm a pain so I'm not going to tell you yet. Uncertain though they may be there is something there. Ah yes he does know she's pregnant though they can be happy with their children and separate at the same time is sort of the mind they are in right now. Afraid of being hurt so hiding behind select walls.

Well now I can't say much on that feeling I'm at a crossroads and there are a couple different ways I could fit in the story that I like, you'll see, Mortimer is quite hopeless though. You're quite right on Cassie though and Mortimer could only blame himself for that she's a good person but she picked up on his ways a bit and used them for good I'd say...this time anyways.

Hehe Wolfie didn't mean to, things were just a little too perfect and Mila certainly seems cozy to a lot of older sims..so I could vaguely answer certain older sims might just pick up what she's putting down.

We shall see.

Technically..the watcher was being a pain, but I thought he would be much more focused on his mood than the reality of the aftermath soooo baby. Yes he medically..or magically lost the weight and he looked so..off that I had to role with it and it's not having the best effect on him mentally either.

Hehe I love this Vlad <3
    Vlad is a mixed bag, he's frustrated at being proven wrong in the area that he was fine on his own and as he lacks normal social skills or even adequate skills there he doesn't know how to express it. It's more like he's trying to will out his awkwardness by playing tougher than he can keep up with. He took plasma as payment which is all he has to really give he just doesn't need to know that and though he might have left his new roommate out once before he took pity...again frustrated that he's not all that bad, even to himself.

I haven't played with Judith much but I'm giving her a chance and that is her assistant..yes lady...gopher any word she can come up with that means "do what I say, or you're fired".

MMkay now your post
    Ah Donny boy now look what you've gotten yourself into, Penny's first thought meh it's always that she's just too out of the loop for her words to carry weight she should know that. He wouldn't have cared about coming back early she's losing her touch with Thorne's ways hmm, I just picture if this were a video Don pacing back and forth trying to think the best way to handle telling Thorne. Ha I love his confidence in his art, it's one of the things changing him for the better, at least I think..unless they really will have a disturbed meeting with a shrink.

That cheeky devil..he planned the pregnancy for Don I don't even know what to say cause they are so flawed and broken and you could just shake a stick at both of them. Though I love them together well done there I'll tell you that, Mr. Bigshot couldn't hold it in hmm? I can't wait to see how he'll react when he registers what he said.

Hmmmmmmmm.
    @ryttu3k I love a lot of saves, less restrictions mmhmm heh.
    mmkay awesomes out I was playing hundred baby so I just pulled some pics from my legacy save...yay time off so sim sim sim.
    dCY9RX6h.png
    Anaya and Leon just couldn't resist another...shockingly I did not let them try for baby.
    ljZc7Qvh.png
    7iLOx59h.png
    These dorks are so cute..
    jxN8UVmh.png
    NWIm7peh.png
    Yes even tired, busy with everything cause I made them both get jobs uni students get to enjoy some time off for Flower Bunny's Arrival and an egg hunt. Even if Leon questions how real he is.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top