Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The I'm Bored Thread

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I hadn’t played for more than a month and I confess I was nervous when I finally started up my game again. Scared that I wouldn’t know how to enjoy myself anymore, had forgotten how to (it’s never been that long). I shouldn’t have been, I’m having a complete blast playing again, with a houseboat and scuba diving (some poor diver died this afternoon, grim came with his trident) and a beautiful mermaid my teen met underwater and the kraken passing by next to the boat and a ghost who every now and then haunts during the nights. My teen lives on his own, he’s buying his furniture on sale at the mall I built myself, also does his laundry there and he never goes to school.

It’s 2019 and no, I’m still absolutely not bored with this franchise, I’m thrilled. Unfortunately I’m not referring to the latest version here though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I hadn’t played for more than a month and I confess I was nervous when I finally started up my game again. Scared that I wouldn’t know how to enjoy myself anymore, had forgotten how to (it’s never been that long). I shouldn’t have been, I’m having a complete blast playing again, with a houseboat and scuba diving (some poor diver died this afternoon, grim came with his trident) and a beautiful mermaid my teen met underwater and the kraken passing by next to the boat and a ghost who every now and then haunts during the nights. My teen lives on his own, he’s buying his furniture on sale at the mall I built myself, also does his laundry there and he never goes to school.

It’s 2019 and no, I’m still absolutely not bored with this franchise, I’m thrilled. Unfortunately I’m not referring to the latest version here though.

I took a bit of a break from Sims myself, and recently returned as well. The first thing I did was boot up The Sims 2 and somehow I still get pulled in for hours. A 15 year old game, better than one whose lifespan is extended further than all of its predecessors. It's ridiculous...

If you want gameplay, IMHO, TS2 and TS3 are the places to go. The Sims 4 is only good for accessibility, ensuring more people could get into The Sims, with quality at the backburner. Between its very limited functionality and 1-5 dollar entry fee, there is no other reason to pursue the game.
  • Lukas11xxfLukas11xxf Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > I don't think I'm the only one. I would like to hear from others like me who are bored with the game and or the entire franchise.
    > I think my boredom is starting to spill over into the entire franchise not just from boredom of TS4.
    >
    > I play other games, other genres, but no games ever kept me entertained as long as this series.
    > They were more like games I tried, played, finished (may replay after a few years etc.) but The Sims (whatever current game it was or TS2) were the genres that kept me interested, coming up with ideas for just about anything I had never tried in them. Whether that was how to play, (playstyle) or to create something from the game that had always inspried me to create and do more inside and outside the games.
    >
    > But I'm starting to feel like I don't really want to play this genre anymore. I've seen everything, I've done just about everything they have ever offered in this franchise. Played their games, tried most of the stuff in any of these games, built and shared things, created custom content in them, machinima for them, wrote stories out of them, filmed stories out of them, and even spent years on boards offering bug help or system help, and gameplay help for them. (the games).
    >
    > I'm not seeing any new innovations like when TS1 went from 2D to 3D in TS2, and no longer a singular character we literally bullied and pushed around on the screen to do our bidding, but a more complex Sim who had memories, expressions, (TS1 faces don't have expressions) and reactions with memories that burned in their soul.
    >
    > Then came TS3 with new innovation, whether you like it or not, open world and the game keeping up with every Sim in the world and what had happened to them is a pretty big deal. Especially since TS3 doesn't have a cap as small as TS4 with population other than what your processors can handle. 1000s. New innovation with CAW and CASt.
    >
    > TS4 comes along boasting of 'we have never seesn emotions like these'. I would beg to differ they don't actually live up to the emotions in TS2 and TS3 but TS2 topping TS3's emotional system. But just buff systems. We go from Sims having expressions and emotions (more indepth) in TS2 to expressions all over the place in TS4. Sure, it's cute, but it won't help boredom.
    >
    > Multitasking was ok in TS4 though I beg to differ we had plenty of multitasking in two and three, but no little timer on the screen and no stopping and starting the way TS4 has handled it but yes, we had plenty way back in 2004. TS4 added more of it but took away it actually happening at the same time in some situations. Causing some of us to see the differences that it wasn't as smooth or flowing in some cases as before.
    >
    > Other than multitasking being a main selling point of TS4 I can't think of any new innovation that might even rate mind blowing status like 2D to 3D, or Cast and CAW or open world in three.
    >
    > New twists and turns are fine but I want to see the newer innovation that came in large leaps like between the other iterations. If not, then I think after twenty years of playing and talking about Sims and helping with Sim problems and creating things for Sim and myself, it's time to hang it up.
    >
    > I think the innovation is no longer there, and hasn't been since my Sim first opened their front door and stepped out into an open world. I think that is the last great innovation there has been and that's ten years ago. I didn't like open world (over whelming) as much as others but not because it was open but because the Sim was not the programming of TS2 Sim's soul. And all the popups (and not way to turn them off at the time) was the thing that made me dislike open world it was never really open world. But things like sp, messing with my played Sims.
    >
    > But it was still a huge leap from TS1 to TS3 to build a game with open world, and in my opinion that is the last great innovation we have seen for this franchise and it's ten years ago, so it's no wonder I can't be dazzled anymore, with any new pack or DLC for TS4, because I'm the player that needs to be dazzled with innovation rather than another add on. And finally figuring that out this past year is why I'm bored with the whole franchise, I have seen it all and just about done it all, and nothing new can actually make me marvel anymore.

Not even trying out new gameplay mods? May I suggest spin-off games?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Have just returned from my first visit to Brichester (the town, not college) and am exceeding much displeased. Another example of grossly wasted space. Very pretty to look at, but so little is available for use. Vast expanses of row-houses, but are any of them available for student housing as in the real college town (Boston) about an hour away from me? Decent parks and other recreational venues? Shops of various sorts to cater to student needs and wants? Access to those ruins for any of at least 3 uses (recreation as in Windenberg, site for a park, place for students to do applied research as in Selvadoria)? Nope. Not even an empty lot to work with. So much potential missed. Alas, alas...
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member

Not so much bored but sad - I haven't played in a few weeks because every time I do I'm greeted by something stupid that makes me immediately close it. Here's the latest:

VigoiXY.png
    Milo has returned from his scouts meeting... in drag.

Why do the devs think this is so funny?
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    edited December 2019
    I become quite bored with TS4. I have been playing it on and off (mostly off) and I end up leaving it for awhile. The Sims in TS4 are pretty much zombies. The movements are so stiff and they always seem bored. I usually go back to TS2. In all my years of playing TS2, I really never got bored with it, yes I would get burned out for awhile but I would always go back to it. It IS my go to game of the series. The Sims in TS2 had more emotion, can take better care of themselves, and the game mechanics were much better than TS4. In fact in the next day or two, I may revisit my custom NH's and redo some lots in my TS2 game.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Many game publishers recently seems to shows an 'atonement' for their past mistakes with capcom releasing re2, dmc, and monster hunter, ubisoft with ac oddysey and ea with star wars jedi fallen order, it's about time ea and also maxis release the next sequel of the sims that will be loved and praised by all and not giving it a lackluster features. Im already bored with ts4, been waiting for uni pack for long time and yet it only fun for few hours. I havent touched the game since H+1 after discover university release. Wish ea just pull the plug on ts4 and dedicate more resource on ts5 development
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MadIris wrote: »
    Not so much bored but sad - I haven't played in a few weeks because every time I do I'm greeted by something stupid that makes me immediately close it. Here's the latest:

VigoiXY.png
    Milo has returned from his scouts meeting... in drag.

Why do the devs think this is so funny?

Things like this are so annoying about TS4. I assume if this isn't something you have set this is part of that annoying clothing situational bug or clothing design that drives many players crazy. Like the recent Maxis snafu to say Uni students should be able to go to class in pjs or whatever, so players' Sims dress however, outside the control of player and go to classes in outfits the player didn't pick. Either they do this by design or they have made so many mistakes with situational outfits, it's probably too late to patch the game in any subtantial way. I miss the days when the only thing to complain about back in 2000 was we couldn't set career outfits. These days the game just plays havoc with any outfit for any event and it drives most of us crazy. It's no longer funny and been going on for three years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Would like to believe it is because the coding is irrepably damaged, but keep having the suspicion it is deliberate, a way of saying that 'old school' values and ways are irrelevant, of promoting a new order of unrestrained anything is ok at any time. Yeah, there are lots of days I'm more sad that bored. For all its wackiness, TS2 still has a core/foundation of sanity.
    I think that situational dress code thing started with CL then got beefed up by design then patched but didn't work and now beefed up again to support Uni students going to class in whatever the game picks for them. It is one of the most aggravating things about TS4 if you plan a screen shot or playing particular Sims who wouldn't wear some of the things the game picks for them. Not only that but what gets broken off and on over and over is the outfits we try to pick out for formals or parties etc. Those were patched at least once IIRC but then they go off the rails again. The above picture is just one example of why we have no control over this game in the very areas we are supposed to have control. They need to just say it, we do this because we want to do this, then we all could decide if we want to live with it or not. Keep playing and buying or not, but most of us sit here thinking stuff like this or any outfit snafu is a bug when truth be told it probably isn't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    We have never had any control over anything. Like any other online game (except this is offline) all we can do is make our avitar/sim when starting new game and wander around the world as the makers have decreed by the game structure and do what they allow. A few crumbs are tossed our way to make it appear to be like other sims games, but it's all camoflauge. Would not be surprised if the ongoing clothing issues are their way of pointedly reminding us who is really in charge here. Attention is gotten because it's visual immediately in the face, not a buried game mechanic that somehow doesn't feel right.
    It's going to be even a bigger disappointment if TS5 is played in a server world where we know we wouldn't have any control at all, and or if it's the type of game they keep talking about at EA where things have changed each time (with the world and the characters) you load the game, even if it was offline. Sometimes I want to see how they are building TS5, but then I'm probably not going to like what they have decided to do with it. These long boredom lapses are getting harder and harder to overcome. I enjoy the older games now and then but I really would like to see new graphics, new art style, new gameplay because TS4's art style, gameplay, and graphics are starting to feel stale let alone incomplete.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's going to be even a bigger disappointment if TS5 is played in a server world where we know we wouldn't have any control at all, and or if it's the type of game they keep talking about at EA where things have changed each time (with the world and the characters) you load the game, even if it was offline. Sometimes I want to see how they are building TS5, but then I'm probably not going to like what they have decided to do with it. These long boredom lapses are getting harder and harder to overcome. I enjoy the older games now and then but I really would like to see new graphics, new art style, new gameplay because TS4's art style, gameplay, and graphics are starting to feel stale let alone incomplete.

If the next Sims game is multiplayer after all the problems it caused The Sims 4, they can keep it. :lol:
    If the next Sims game is multiplayer without any issues at all, they can keep it.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited January 2020
    I can understand why some want TS4 to keep going. It's like how much I dislike Windows 10, it's ok, I guess but MS forcing everyone to get off of Windows 7, by actually adding nags into the patches, within just about every program people still use in Windows 7, is just over the top. Such as a few nags in the Media programs in Windows 7...they were supposed to be supported until the 14th. Well, they ended them early as of Dec. 31st. The nags started to pop up to move on to Windows 10. lol Also, in a few days, MS last patch in Dec., added a nice little feature that will popup soon telling people if they keep using 7 they will not be safe, yada, yada yada, each time you log into the pc. I can see how someone who enjoys TS4 would be very upset to see some programs inside their games get a nag like that and or each time they loaded it, lol, IF it said you needed to move on to TS5. lol I get it, they love it, as much as I used and enjoyed Windows 7. And I really can't blame them for not wanting to start over in a new game like I had to do with that horrible, watered down Windows 10. Less utilities, less free software by MS, less innovation, just an OS built to track the user with everything they do. All sorts of privellegs, and privacy spying, and TS5 is probably no better than the Non- OS of 10.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    If the next Sims game is multiplayer without any issues at all, they can keep it.

I agree with you 100%. You couldn't pay me to play a multiplayer form of the Sims.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I wonder if they really think about helping us players tell our stories in their quest to help us players tell our stories. Sometimes the stories we want to tell have little or nothing to do with our real lives. Sometimes they don't require or sync with the vision the team has when they make these neighborhoods and sims and create these backstories, and sometimes we get rid of everything and everyone in order to make our own vision come to life. Sometimes it's the complete opposite of all that too, so I'm not saying that's reason for them not to bother creating sims with backstories and history together and to stop creating neighborhoods and houses and just leave it up to the player. There are players who love that and need that when they play, but for as much as they talked about how this game was for us players to create, control, and rule this was an area where I felt less in control creatively than Sims 2 and 3.

They used to provide us with options to basically break down the walls and step outside what their vision was for us but those options are limited this time around. There may be more options to build within their vision but we can't break out of it and that limits players similar to me who don't have EA's vision in mind for the characters and world they want to build. That's part of what makes this game boring to me, I guess you could say. I may use the premade sims and premade houses or buildings sometimes, but I usually create my own and ignore all the premades unless I think of something they could be useful for. I don't focus on the stories they want to tell and that they give us to play through, I make my own, but a lot of what this game does and doesn't provide makes that difficult to do.

I know I'm not bored The Sims franchise. The Sims 3 still sucks me in. My current save I kept reminding myself is supposed to only be testing the houses but oh well lol. I'm excusing the growing families by more sims to run around and show my problem areas. I came across a folder of old saves while looking for some CC I had downloaded and I was torn between this current save and replaying one of the old ones with a werewolf, a vampire and a witch who live in the city. Then I also came across saved sims I had been updating and giving makeovers to earlier this year and most of those sims are part of the prequel to the sims in the current save. I literally have to stop myself from listing all the possibilities, some including a few EA premade sims my created sims ran into in different worlds that I thought would be great together. There are so many ideas I came up with, possibilities are endless and I want to go in so many different directions. That's the kind of excitement I usually have when playing The Sims 3. I don't get that playing Sims 4. If I'm playing Sims 2, yeah, but not Sims 4. It's the current game that I just can't click with.

And they've added some decent stuff but most of what's been added falls short, likely because the game feels shallow and dull to me. It's that width without depth thing Carl mentioned. They can sprinkle whatever they want on it but if the base doesn't change it doesn't do much if anything at all. Meanwhile, look at what are deemed the popular or must have mods. I mean, they can look at those and see just what players have a taste for and I think half if not most of the things highly desired are fixes and common sense things like less musical chairs or making sure sims don't wash dishes in the bathroom sink. Then there are other mods that provide more advanced options and let the players control difficulty levels of certain things, increase household numbers, add gender preference, enrich personalities, add more careers and other things that have been much needed during this game. That should be a big hint of what players want right there. Lots of different things, so having options and depth is a big plus, and improvements and bug fixes are high up there too.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The longer TS4 goes on now, the worse it gets. You'd think with everything added it would only get better? I don't remember musical chairs while eating, I HATE that's a thing now. Just sit the fork down and eat already! Nevermind the dog and that hug couldn't wait until after dinner?! I know multi-tasking was supposed to be a selling feature but now with the game so large, it's nothing short of an annoyance. You can't q up anything anymore while they're eating or else they'll take their plate of food out to weed the garden. *eyeroll*

The dishes are annoying now too. They can be standing right next to dishwasher but yet they'll go outside to the other building and upstairs to wash them in that bathroom, nevermind there was also a sink by said dishwasher. *more eyerolls* They drop everything to dance or pushups and they don't/can't even dance together. I can't even have a stereo on the lot anymore or else they will all just dance until they wet themselves then wet themselves and now shower forever and never get clean because of that bug now too.

Situational outfits don't need to be in the game. That's just an unnecessary eye sore. I could live with it if sims actually ever changed out of them, but since they don't, once they are in them the entire town becomes consumed in them and it ruins the immersion completely.

TS4 looks pretty but it is simply the worst installment yet, it started off incomplete and now it's a buggy mess. I don't know how ANY of this is supposed to help us tell better stories and these are certainly not the smartest sims yet (as advertised). I was all for waiting to see how it goes, but this past year it seems there's been more bugs added then ever before. There was a time period in there, about just after Get Famous where I thought this game wasn't so terrible, but it's just gone on a down hill slide since then. Keep pushing out them buggy packs! Don't bother fixing them! At this point, if they make a sims 5, they can keep that too, multi-player or not. No one should NEED mods to enjoy THEIR game and the way TS4 is right now, you basically need them to fix everything they've borked up.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    I wonder if they really think about helping us players tell our stories in their quest to help us players tell our stories. Sometimes the stories we want to tell have little or nothing to do with our real lives. Sometimes they don't require or sync with the vision the team has when they make these neighborhoods and sims and create these backstories, and sometimes we get rid of everything and everyone in order to make our own vision come to life. Sometimes it's the complete opposite of all that too, so I'm not saying that's reason for them not to bother creating sims with backstories and history together and to stop creating neighborhoods and houses and just leave it up to the player. There are players who love that and need that when they play, but for as much as they talked about how this game was for us players to create, control, and rule this was an area where I felt less in control creatively than Sims 2 and 3.

They used to provide us with options to basically break down the walls and step outside what their vision was for us but those options are limited this time around. There may be more options to build within their vision but we can't break out of it and that limits players similar to me who don't have EA's vision in mind for the characters and world they want to build. That's part of what makes this game boring to me, I guess you could say. I may use the premade sims and premade houses or buildings sometimes, but I usually create my own and ignore all the premades unless I think of something they could be useful for. I don't focus on the stories they want to tell and that they give us to play through, I make my own, but a lot of what this game does and doesn't provide makes that difficult to do.

I know I'm not bored The Sims franchise. The Sims 3 still plum me in. My current save I kept reminding myself is supposed to only be testing the houses but oh well lol. I'm excusing the growing families by more sims to run around and show my problem areas. I came across a folder of old saves while looking for some CC I had downloaded and I was torn between this current save and replaying one of the old ones with a werewolf, a vampire and a witch who live in the city. Then I also came across saved sims I had been updating and giving makeovers to earlier this year and most of those sims are part of the prequel to the sims in the current save. I literally have to stop myself from listing all the possibilities, some including a few EA premade sims my created sims ran into in different worlds that I thought would be great together. There are so many ideas I came up with, possibilities are endless and I want to go in so many different directions. That's the kind of excitement I usually have when playing The Sims 3. I don't get that playing Sims 4. If I'm playing Sims 2, yeah, but not Sims 4. It's the current game that I just can't click with.

And they've added some decent stuff but most of what's been added falls short, likely because the game feels shallow and dull to me. It's that width without depth thing Carl mentioned. They can sprinkle whatever they want on it but if the base doesn't change it doesn't do much if anything at all. Meanwhile, look at what are deemed the popular or must have mods. I mean, they can look at those and see just what players have a taste for and I think half if not most of the things highly desired are fixes and common sense things like less musical chairs or making sure sims don't wash dishes in the bathroom sink. Then there are other mods that provide more advanced options and let the players control difficulty levels of certain things, increase household numbers, add gender preference, enrich personalities, add more careers and other things that have been much needed during this game. That should be a big hint of what players want right there. Lots of different things, so having options and depth is a big plus, and improvements and bug fixes are high up there too.
    Exactly. As for the first part I bolded: I even think sometimes the fact I have to use workarounds (and am allowed to use workarounds, like creating apartments with roommates) makes it more fun even. Same with the mall I built. My sim's a poor guy, so I created some furniture for him to buy there on sale. Yup, it's cheating in a way, "oh you lucky 🐸🐸🐸🐸, got your bedroom in a 60% sale, what are the odds", but within limits that's just real fun. He's going to the mall and he's buying his stuff there. It's less advanced than in Sims 2 and 4 apparently, but I don't actually need to run a shop. I'm fine with it this way (and I actually hate it the shelves in the bakery are empty after a while because sims bought everything, just leave it all there please, I don't want having to refill shelves with pies each and every generation :weary: ).

The second bolded part is really recognizable as well lol. I sometimes open my game to take a picture or whatever, or indeed build something. Then test it and before I know it I've been sitting there and played for an hour or so. Sad to say but with Sims 4 it's the other way around. I planned to play, then quite often quit after 20 minutes. Not always, but that has happened a lot. I should add that also Sims 3 could have been so much better in this respect. I'm having so much fun with Mastercontroller, that allows me to adjust details. Get my sim's sister and her boyfriend with child for instance, or change outfits when they're still in their party clothes, or (in IP) their swim wear. Mastercontroller hands the player control over what they want to control. It shouldn't have been a mod, it should have been something EA came up with.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited January 2020
    I really do believe they have forgotten what Will Wright was trying to do, and that was to put the player in the seat of George Lucas, you would be G.L. and not Luke Skywalker. You directed what happened, by purpose or by mistake, you would control by triggers what type of life your Sim would have whether that was good or bad by knowing what triggered a situation or outcome or by stumbling across it and sending all your plans into a different direction. The thing I have noticed about TS4 these past few years is more and more people refer to their Sim as 'I', to me this means Maxis has made them Luke Skywalker, instead of George Lucas, if it's easy now to say 'I' did this, 'I' went here, 'I' ate this or that, 'My' girlfriend in the game, my boyfriend in the game etc. It's no longer my 'Sim' did this or that.

I never wanted to be the Sim, ever, I never referred to the Sim as 'me'. But since TS4 I have caught myself doing that. That says a lot about how much control this game doesn't give a player, when we think we are the Sims and not the person who is directing the action and or the gameplay, and or editing, producing and or setting up the situations either by chance or by triggers.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    The longer TS4 goes on now, the worse it gets. You'd think with everything added it would only get better? I don't remember musical chairs while eating, I HATE that's a thing now. Just sit the fork down and eat already! Nevermind the dog and that hug couldn't wait until after dinner?! I know multi-tasking was supposed to be a selling feature but now with the game so large, it's nothing short of an annoyance. You can't q up anything anymore while they're eating or else they'll take their plate of food out to weed the garden. *eyeroll*

The dishes are annoying now too. They can be standing right next to dishwasher but yet they'll go outside to the other building and upstairs to wash them in that bathroom, nevermind there was also a sink by said dishwasher. *more eyerolls* They drop everything to dance or pushups and they don't/can't even dance together. I can't even have a stereo on the lot anymore or else they will all just dance until they wet themselves then wet themselves and now shower forever and never get clean because of that bug now too.

Situational outfits don't need to be in the game. That's just an unnecessary eye sore. I could live with it if sims actually ever changed out of them, but since they don't, once they are in them the entire town becomes consumed in them and it ruins the immersion completely.

TS4 looks pretty but it is simply the worst installment yet, it started off incomplete and now it's a buggy mess. I don't know how ANY of this is supposed to help us tell better stories and these are certainly not the smartest sims yet (as advertised). I was all for waiting to see how it goes, but this past year it seems there's been more bugs added then ever before. There was a time period in there, about just after Get Famous where I thought this game wasn't so terrible, but it's just gone on a down hill slide since then. Keep pushing out them buggy packs! Don't bother fixing them! At this point, if they make a sims 5, they can keep that too, multi-player or not. No one should NEED mods to enjoy THEIR game and the way TS4 is right now, you basically need them to fix everything they've borked up.

Preach!
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    AMEN.

I got gifted Island Living for my birthday, and ten minutes in my mermaid couldn't take out the trash. I seriously sat back for ten minutes and tried to figure out what game the team is playing in the office every day until it's time to go home. Because ten minutes into something they've just released is always like that. We shouldn't ever be inspired by a game to think the kinds of things we end up thinking about this one....... yet here we are.

There is no way in the deepest nether regions of the earth that I am interested in ever going through that again with Sims 5 or anything else they put out. If there is a Sims 5, I'll wait until it's ten years old and priced at about two bucks so that I can pay what the product is actually worth and maybe have a few new build things to play with. The gameplay, I would rather never have to endure again. And if I go the rest of my life without it ever going on sale, that will be more than fine with me too.

I got gifted University for Christmas and can't even bring myself to play it. I've tried a few times, then another rainstorm that I'VE ALREADY TURNED OFF happens and destroys my brand new nicely decorated yard, and I'm just like........ no. Because for me it's become something a little deeper than boredom. It's actually dread at this point. All I ever end up doing is spinning my wheels any time I even try, and being frustrated at the end.

I always loved The Sims, and always will. But it's beyond ridiculous now.
    > @EveryDaySim said:
    > AMEN.
    >
    > I got gifted Island Living for my birthday, and ten minutes in my mermaid couldn't take out the trash. I seriously sat back for ten minutes and tried to figure out what game the team is playing in the office every day until it's time to go home.

Do they now? Often times, they have no 🐸🐸🐸🐸 clue on a stream how to play a game.
    That seems to be the usual case. Speaking of controls, why is this forum so limited?
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 I cant edit my comments to add more context. Freaking hell.