Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 3 of Simsmas: Letters for Father Winter

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Do you know what my Simself got from Father Winter last year? A stove! Although she was happy, she was not very sure where to place her gift - how many stoves does a Sim need? And wow, was that a gift difficult to carry home!

On the third day of Simsmas, I have a question for you: if you could ask Father winter for any gift, what would you ask for? Write a Sims related wish for Father Winter!

qarqyvfxf3a7.png

Here's mine!:
Dear Father Winter,
I always fail long Sims challenges because I always lose focus and start a new save before finishing them.
In 2020 I want to play with the same family for 10 generations - for the year ahead, please, send me some tenacity
to help me complete this challenge!

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2019
    Dear Father Winter,

I believe you have already got the letter from EA-Mai. I actually have the same wish. I would like to reach generation 10. I have never been able to achieve that. Usually I stop to play at generation 5-6. It is not that I lose interest or so. The reason is that there always a terrible accident happens.

For example my last family. Almost a half of that family froze to death while celebrating the Polar Bear holiday - having a swim while freezing. It was truly horrible and of course I couldn't continue to play with them. A mother lost two children. And more. That was not a life I wanted for any of them.

So please, if you could somehow manage to make my Pancakes family have a nice life full of joy and no drama. Just an ordinary "boring" life.

Thanks in advance! I believe in you. And in myself!

27-12-2019-11-49-56.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    edited December 2019
    Dear Father Winter,

Give us dragons. Baby dragons that we catch hatch from eggs and raise. Not those weak Sims 3 dragons. I'm talking about those A+ Makin' Magic Dragons. Give me my boy Torch.

Stay ballin
    -Gordy

K2VeGUj.png
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Dear Father Winter

I share Gordy's wish for dragons to appear in Sims 4. I would especially love them to be playable creatures.

-mariefoxprice83
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Dear Father Winter

49282728676_a2ab604c53_w.jpg

I had a dream tonight. I dreamt I could drive my car to the countryside and visit a farm with horses, sheeps, pig, cows and chickens.
    Please, make my dream come true.

I wish to travel to a new holiday destination like Jeju, Kyoto or Hong kong.

My goal is to play all the families in my save next year. There is more than 100 households now. So it will take some time to play everyone.

49282934747_a31f4dc7c8_w.jpg

Xoxo Simmelina.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Kingacica15Kingacica15 Posts: 34 Member
    Dear Father Winter,

If I could have one wish, it would be that my game would speed up and my sims wouldn't wait around after I have assigned tasks for them. This way my sims would be more successful in their careers and could hurry to resolve problems that could have disastrous consequences.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited December 2019
    Dear Father Winter

Like most Simmers, I have a lot of things I'd like to see in my game. Here's some things I'd like to receive in 2020:

* I want babies to be free from their bassinets and to have more things to do with them.
    * Happy Haunts - if I could only have one thing, I'd like the Grim Reaper freelance career. Grim could use some help.
    * An African themed world - that's something different and interesting I'd like to see in my game.
    * More family gameplay, especially for toddlers and children. Surprise me with this one.
    * More clothing for men, toddlers and children.
    * More events in Sims' lives, like prom, high school graduation, funerals, mid-life crisis, bachelor/bachelorette parties, etc.
    * Things like canes and rocking chairs for elders. Elders need some TLC, too!
    * More traits and aspirations for Sims - emphasis on TRAITS.
    * Things like strollers for babies, new clothing for them, pacifiers and things for their rooms - think along the lines of Babies Room Stuff.
    * I want teenagers to be distinguished from adults - new gameplay specifically for them.

Yours sincerely
    Divan, the Simmer
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • SribindiSribindi Posts: 261 Member
    Dear Father Winter,

I am writing on behalf of some of my sims. Only some, most are quite happy with your visit.

But I have one complaint of a sim that would like you to leave one plate of food in the fridge so she can have breakfast in the morning before going to work (it seems her well stocked fridge was found empty after your visit). She did determine to have an even bigger pile of food in the fridge when you should visit her a second time next year. She also has a dishwasher, you are free to put your empty plates and glasses in there.

Then there was a second family with eight members. Seven got a present, but it seems number eight didn't receive any since you ignored her question and disappeared. I understand seven presents in one home can be a lot, but one more so number eight doesn't get depressed would be nice.

Also, a small note from that same family, don't give another barbeque to the grandma, because she set herself on fire.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    edited December 2019
    Dear Father Winter,
    I am living off the grid. I am getting quite tired of eating the same few things over and over. If you could bring me some new foods to cook and eat, I would be ever so grateful.

Yours,
    Lucy
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Dear Father Winter:
    Could you please bring two servings of ambrosia when you next come down our chimney? I'm getting tired of being a ghost. Also, little Lauren Harper, who autonomously took a plate of bad pufferfish nigiri from our fridge (which I was saving for a special occasion) and died during my son's birthday party, would like to return to the world of the living.
    And stuff. Lots more stuff. Bright, shiny, expensive stuff.
    Yours truly,
    Eliza Pancakes
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Dear Father Winter

I have been playing the wonderful game Sims since the very beginning of times.
    I would love if you would release our beautiful babies from their cribs.
    They need to have a nice warm bath in the basin, or be laid down on a little baby rug,
    how about being extra kind, since I have been extra good and even give them a
    few little outfits for the different seasons. Here is a pic of my little sim babies stuck in
    their little cribs, please help them Father Winter <3

Lots of love and plumbob cuddles
    from mcrudd
    sErFVfO.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited December 2019
    All-Seeing Father Winter,

I beseech thee O Lord, Father of Cold, Bringer of Frost and Rime, Bestower of Gifts, Fount of All Blessings; free me of my restart-itis. Allow me to experience more than two weeks in-game without being compelled to discard the virtual world and bring a new into being, only to repeat the same fate. Allow me the joy of generational completion, and permit this blessing to flow unto other virtual realms. In anticipation of this gift, countless digital characters yet unmade cry out in joy from their yet-unforseen Create-a-Sim screens, character sheets and status menus.

In your omnipresent name I remain your faithful servant
    OEII1001

Ec4gt53.png
  • GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    Dear Father Winter,
    Please, please, please bring story progression to our universe. I would very much so like to see our favorite townies continue to live on without my constant interference. These randomly generated townies, albeit ...very creative, are a pain to marry and have almost negative depth to them. I would like to see the Goths, Villareals, and Fengs continue on and see their family lines without needing to touch them. If this is too much to ask...more traits and aspirations, please.
    Sincerely,
    A lonely sim looking to get married to another sim with character and a family history
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Dear Father Winter
    I want a pony or a horse for Winterfest this year! That would be so nice to ride it around the mansion at night. Some livestock such as pigs, cows, and chickens would be awesome too. Maybe a petting zoo too. A few exotics creatures such as baby dragons would be cool! My witch and wizard friends would love to have a pet dragon.
    Lots of love,
    Count Vlad Straud IV
    DJUL13d.png
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Dear Father Winter
    I want a pony or a horse for Winterfest this year! That would be so nice to ride it around the mansion at night. Some livestock such as pigs, cows, and chickens would be awesome too. Maybe a petting zoo too. A few exotics creatures such as baby dragons would be cool! My witch and wizard friends would love to have a pet dragon.
    Lots of love,
    Count Vlad Straud IV
    DJUL13d.png

You made me think of Lisa Simpson xD

27f.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Father Winter,

I am a simple country sim, with simple country sim wishes. With laundry tubs and clothes lines, cats and dogs, toddlers, a variety of fruits and veggies for my garden and orchard, and even bees for my apiary, I've been able o nearly create my perfect homestead. Nearly. To make the perfect homestead, I could really use some chickens and a cow. Horses, goats, pigs, and sheep would all be nice too, but I don't want to see too greedy. So chickens and a cow are what I want most.

From your aspiring farmer friend,
    Minty
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Dear Father Winter,
    Hello there. This is my first letter to you. You know, I've been thinking about this, and I think that it would be so cool if you added an entire expansion pack dedicated to occult gameplay, including a full, big, world. Smaller than Windenburg but bigger than Britechester. And another expansion pack just for family gameplay. Parenthood just didn't cut it. It's nice to have, and definitely added more gameplay that I love, but I want more for kids to do. There still isn't enough! And just one more thing. Could you maybe add Stuff Packs that don't include typical stuff, like CAS and BB assets, but with say, only traits and the appropriate gameplay for them? Or the same with skills? Or similar, of course. I hope some of this stuff gets added in 2020.
    Sincerely,
    Nerdfashion
    P.S. Freeing the babies and adding a color wheel for hair/skin colors would be nice as well. If the latter isn't possible, more swatches if fine, and if the former isn't possible, just making and customizing them in CAS is fine for me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,371 Member
    lUR7KHw.png
    Dear Father Winter
    I would also like to not get bored with my current family and have them reach 10 generations for the first time. I would also like some inspiration to expand their main family home on a much larger lot and maybe one day make it a farm.
    From
    Blueybluesky
  • DelSolDiva187DelSolDiva187 Posts: 2 New Member
    Dear Father Winter,

I would like to drive a choice of cars, and I would like to travel or live on a different planet. Especially for Geekfest to travel to Sixam. A super market would be a fun game play. I would like to ride skateboards and snowboards. I could also use more place to stay during vacation.
  • shorrasorenshorrasoren Posts: 23 Member
    Dear Father Winter,
    I wish my toddlers would stay in their high chairs without me getting them out for no reason - same goes for the bath (the human behind the screen is getting increasingly annoyed to have to repeat the command three or four times before the toddler finally gets cleaned, she wouldn't mind that much but for a 100baby challenge, with 6 other kids to take care of, it is taking way to much time)
    And if you still have some time to grant another wish, please do something about the eating time (1h30 to eat a sandwich seems a little excessive)

Thanks,
    See you soon
    (Sim) Ann
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Dear Father Winter,

I can explain! I've been good, honest! I wasn't even there when that, well never mind. My sims would like you to send them some bunkbeds, a farming community with horses, more extensive family relationships, some carnival rides & more vacation destinations.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,461 Member
    Dear St. Nicholas, AKA Father Winter,

Would you kindly let the word get out that I have mastered the modeling skill and am just a shade away from becoming a Global Superstar? I can't understand why they aren't clamoring to have my image on their magazine covers. I'm already doing concerts all over the place. I am in demand, that way, at least. I know it's happened for other Sims. I'm reasonably handsome enough, a likable guy and I could really use the boost, and not just to my Ego. I promise to be a good Sim, to the best of my abilities. I go to church every Sunday and I know I need to keep my hands off of my girlfriend, until we are duly married. I promise I'll do my very best. I won't ask you for a Starlight Accolade, that may be just one step too far. See? I'm not a greedy guy. I would be content just to have my image plastered on the covers of magazines.

Thank you.

Yours in All Faith,

Erik Cantrell,
    Rock Star in the making
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited December 2019
    Dear Father Winter,

Surprise me.

Love,

PhantasmKiss

P.S. The cookies are from scratch.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Dear Father Winter, here's my list.

Overhauled babies update. I want them to have all of the features shown in this video. Crawling, different outfits, learning to stand, toys, eating in a high chair, ability to be bathed, hair, etc. I'd also like them to overhaul pregnancy and make it possible to have higher order multiples pregnancies so sims can have quadruplets, quints, and so on, naturally.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJqbJpbETs

Generations pack which adds the following.
    For babies: Lots of CAS, BB such as cribs, toys, playmats, playpens, carseats, baby chairs, changing tables, strollers etc; and new interactions with siblings and parents, like peek-a-boo.
    For toddlers: Lots of new CAS, strollers, new toys, interactions with babies like trying to talk to them or teach them to crawl. Arts and crafts like finger paints, coloring books, clay, etc. Lots of toys they can play with with babies.
    For kids: New CAS, new toys and games for them to play, new interactions with babies, toddlers and other kids. Bikes, roller skates and skateboards. Events like sleepovers. Games like tag. I'd also like the ability to build a treehouse, similar to the way rockets in game are built over a long period of time before becoming usable.
    For teens: New CAS, learning how to drive, more parties, group dates, more jobs.
    Elders:A new section in CAS dedicated specifically to elders. New CAS, objects such as canes, walkers, rocking chairs, knitting, etc. Bingo and other games.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    One from one of my sims:

Dear Father Winter

I am Augustine and I have been married to my husband Grant Woodrowe for almost 4,000 years. I've seen the rise and fall of countless civilizations and races of peoples. I've witnessed so much with my husband, but if you could, help me find a cure to not only my ailment but my husbands as well.

A witch doctor in Tell Brak where we used to live in what was known as the Akkadian Empire, he cursed both of us with immortality and rendered us sterile. We've never been able to have children and i so desperately want children with my husband at times! You have no idea how much it hurts me thinking about it, how much i'm tortured by these thoughts and how much it strikes me down seeing parents with a child laughing happily and enjoying each others company. The Immortality is bearable because my lifelong companion and the man i love so deeply that goes beyond the usual form of love, he is there for me as i am for him, and i suspect the witchdoctor wanted us to suffer through those many centuries.

All i want for one night is the 100% percent chance of getting pregnant and having a child, and please make the child a boy when it does happen! Neither of us want an adopted child, we want our own mini-me running around one day, a child that would love us as deeply as we love each other and as deeply as we want to love that child.

Thank you for reading.

In all faith and sincerity.

Augustine Woodrowe
    (Abusuni Ru-Einzur)
    (Formally of: Tell Brak, Subartu in Akkadia)

---

My own:

Dear Father Winter

If you'd be so kind to pop a word or two into the curators at Maxis to recognise my work within the next few month, that would be fantastic. It would shatter that illusion thinking that Maxis has gone out their way to ignore me, or giving the sense at least where i'd think that is the case.

Thank You.

Hoverael.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member

Dear Father Winter,
    All I really want this year is for everyone to have a happy and healthy season and New Year... :)
    Sincerely, Lisa Dawnlight
    IVEVd2tl.png
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Dear Father Winter,
    I'd love to have my kids to be able to ride a bike (without the use of a mod) and I'd love to see the toy oven make a comeback into the game. Hoping your Winterfest was magical.

Have a Happy New Year!
    Hilly (OID Hillybeth29)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything