Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited December 2019
    @OJenn I might be cursed 'cause I can't open your last link either :joy:

Update!

Rory's been feeling quite the drama queen for a few days and the stalkers fans love it.
    My guess is that he's getting tired of being bullied for going to school in his pajama.
    I can easily imagine the headlines of any Willow Creek newspaper: "Kids from the richest family in town constantly defy the school's dressing code 'cause they're spoiled little brats" :tongue:

FIt9WkP.png

Speaking about the kids, I've gotta say that it took a while for it to dawn on me: poor Rory's surrounded by girls. I don't know why my sims keep on having girls after girls after girls, but I'm seriously quite tempted to just pick any boy to be heir from now on :joy:

x8XxZRG.png

If he's not hanging out with his sisters/cousins, he's looking for frogs.

Bb06cJc.png

Or almost burning himself alive.

XIgAARM.png

After a hard but successful life as a full-time babysitter & writer, Aurora's starting to give the first signals of senility :joy: when I'm not looking, she just loves moping puddles in the rain. At night.

lVoeGWY.png

On the other hand, we could say that her nonchalant attitude about life has kept Selene young at heart. She couldn't care less that Mathias chose to settle down with somebody else. She's near the end of her life and she still has him wrapped around her fingers.

vdtjew4.png

Emilia's been practicing her acting skills day and night, 'cause she just wants to be as good as her mom already. Clara gives her support by sitting nearby most of the time and do her homework in silence.

2KwP8wt.png

Emilia's first gig went... surprisingly well, despite a few hiccups in the dressing room.

rFngNRS.png

IszYeNm.png

A redhead! <3

tLdBaps.png

UWU9dlz.png

... well, that was fast :joy:
    Just one gig about guitars, and she already has reached the peak of fame :joy: what the-

n1KGifx.png

Rory almost lost it when he heard the news :joy:me too, actually

qAtOYio.png

In between the hours when I was feeling better, I grabbed the chance to rebuild an entire neighborhood. So here are a few pics of the "starter" Willow Creek neighborhood. The weather was horrible when I took them, it rained and it was already autumn, plus Halloween's decorations were all over the place, but anyway-

E98OZEP.png

I also finally abused the debug objects to fix/finish my founders' house :triumph: I'm loving the final result. None of those houses, besides Salali&Nate's, are fully furnished. I've just plopped them down to complete the whole street with the same vibe.

7AREbYs.png

HSAAFaG.png

IVUqaGu.png

The founder's house also has Salali's grave in the back. Unfortunately, I don't have Nate's.

xceAC2V.png

I've added a bar, which is actually supposed to be a "landfill/dump" & a teen/cat hangout.
    I had a clear idea of what I wanted the place to look like, but I'm not sure I'm 100% satisfied with the end result. I'll tweak it a lot as I play it, just to make sure it has everything I want.

GdjRzTX.png

ICUePgD.png

*sigh* I hate the Halloween decor

oCgyUpJ.png

kPTnKFs.png

xhtyLZW.png

I'm loving the cats spawning here <3 it's perfect for this sort of place!

Ef3IXcO.png

Because I envisioned lots of teens hanging out here and partying like crazy, I've also made sure I put lots of Discover University's objects.

cdT6hLE.png

QWIOtDw.png

Unfortunately, the bartender decided it was time to die the first time I played on this lot :joy: smh

czp9054.png

What a party.

6KpqNCB.png

I was so mad until I noticed the cats actually witnessing this woman's death.
    LOOK AT THEM :bawling: they were sooooo sad!

6wRlbGK.png

*mourning in meows*

M8jp07E.png

My heart was broken. I almost hoped that they would attack Grim.

Nr8nr2E.png

E272h4h.png

So, long story short, now this lot also has a grave in it :joy:

X1MA0zm.png

All of the sims were so sad for this, I had to distract them with some fun activity.

cMrheK2.png

They just couldn't handle the juice.

DebBdr3.png

They stayed there till waaaaaaay past the curfew. Honestly, I lost track of the time passing as they were all hanging out together and having fun. After watching Jody and Antoinette spending so much time near the bonfire, I noticed that they seemed to naturally get close.

3llBy48.png

mAenDek.png

Clara made sure to ruin the mood by dragging her feet nearby.
    C: "Is it just me or is the sun about to rise? Where even am I? Am I the only single lady around?"

pNmM2fl.png

By the time they arrived back home, Aurora was already outside waiting for them.
    They couldn't escape her tirade.
    A: "Do you even know what time it is???"
    R: "It's not our fault that the bartender died and that we had to bury her in the dump, mom."
    A: "You did what????"

umI9ZZS.png

Anyway :joy: on to brighter things: Emilia's boyfriend, Leonardo, finally aged up to young adult. As soon as he did, he immediately asked her out for lunch. I guess I'll have to build more restaurants/diners in the future 'cause my sims keep on going here.

d4VLNSq.png

It went really well and, since she remembered to wear her disguise, no fans ruined their date.

2wI34Ef.png

0OC5sdt.png

They weren't the only ones on a date, tho. These two random townies were just smooching all of the time :joy:

THQVW6L.png

Lastly, the usual spice festival was in town! Of course I had to bring my sims over there.
    Rory decided to wear one of his mom's famous outfits for whatever reason :joy:

4gBrkud.png

0-Plums-Given elderly Selene decided to play the guitar in her pajama :joy: ... it's a trend, I tell you.

Ly5GKpj.png

For a little while, Leonardo seemed more interested in her than in her blonde clone daughter.

ahJLfKH.png

Ridge and Mathias were there too and they looked like they were having the best time of their life :joy:
    R: "-and then she had me leave my wife and two kids 'cause she got pregnant, would you even believe that??"
    M: "Well guess who's in his 70s and still acts like a boy-toy for the most famous actress in town despite having a wife and kids at home lOL you can't beat that bro."
    *facepalm*

qKW6f33.png

Elder Cadence also appeared in her usual 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off mood and she spent almost all night ranting&raving with poor Emilia, who just couldn't care less :joy:

nmf2Dqq.png

The teens loved their night out in the city, tho <3

6eiFrAa.png

Feeling super confident, Jody went all in for a kiss and took Antoinette by surprise. Unlike Rory, the girl knows what she wants and has no problem going after it.

O8IMsJz.png

Only then she kinda worried that Antoinette didn't take that well.

PkL3ggT.png

But apparently she did <3

f2wypXZ.png
    Post edited by Kiwicantdie on
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    @Kiwicantdie I would love for you to upload Rory to the Gallery. That being said, your latest chapter was very entertaining and had me engrossed in reading it. It was great! The pictures you take are so good.
  • EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    A bit of a crossover but someones Hope West, from the gallery aged up into a YA and married the Earl of Longbottom in my Royal Legacy save. I don't remember which of you she belongs to, sorry. I will post pics of her husband and children in future so everyone can see the genetics, even though it is a bit off topic.
    @SimCave I'll definitely upload Rory to the Gallery, probably this weekend as soon as he's a young adult <3
    Thanks for liking my updates :blush:
    KEBB11a.png
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    Hi guys! Sorry for disappearing again, lots of stuff started happening. Social things like weddings and parties, but also surgeries in my family and work picking up before the holidays. So I've been away from The Sims again for a bit. I hope to get back to it again soon 😊
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @kiwicantdie - Oh no :( The roomates name is Molly but replace the y with ie! Not sure why the forums was being silly about that.
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    I gave Vlad a makeover.
    ESYOp.png
    Just coming here to wish you all a very merry Christmas & happy holidays <3
    KEBB11a.png
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hi all I hope everyone had a happy Holiday. I too have been struck with the flu! :( I hope everyone who was under the weather is feeling better now. I have been enjoying all the updates. I haven't had a moment to play yet but I think I feel up to it today. :)

@OJenn I felt bad for Kaden not being able to go to school, I hope he doesn't give up. I love La'ei's makeover. I am glad to see that I am not the only one that gives makeovers to sims that aren't a part of my family. lol

@EMSimmer30 Nice house. I wish I would have did the challenge where you build up from the ground but I was being lazy.

@debjameswhite I agree do the paranormal story.

@Kiwicantdie I just noticed to that poor Rory is around all girls. Well I think that will make him a better hubby when the time comes. lol He will already know what to do when dealing with the opposite sex. I am glad that Selene is doing what makes her happy in her old age even if it is moping puddles in the rain. :smiley:
    I am sure Emilla will do well in her acting career. I know she will make her mom proud. Oh wow congrats on her becoming a Global Superstar!
    Your remodel of Willow Creek is nice. Uggghhh I so dislike when a sims dies on a lot. Every time sims go to the bar or something everyone just mourns. I am always trying to get them away from the gravestone. Your sims have the most interesting times at the festivals. They always have so much fun. My sims just want to karaoke.
    ]
    Happy holidays everyone!
  • BlackhelmetmanBlackhelmetman Posts: 28 Member
    Thank you so much for this challenge! I’ve been wanting to make my own base game save file, but I’m to impatient to finish it, so this sounds like a fun way to do that!
    Good morning everyone. It's a Sunday morning before having to go back to work and I'm sitting with my coffee and sims about to comb through @Kiwicantdie 's update from the 17th! I've read it once but now it's time for comments! <rubs hands gleefully> I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays. I still have a nagging cough that I'm probably going to have to go back to the doctor for. How many weeks are you allowed to say, "Oh this is just the tail end. I'm better now! <hack hack>"

Anyways, between that and messing up my save while I was using Lawrence AND getting ready for family have kept me pretty much out of the sims. I keep debating with myself over my new game and how I'll go about implementing it. I've deleted most of the townies out of my save. I'm so tired of seeing all their progeny throughout the "years" of my challenge. I did keep some though especially if they were from university. After I comment I'll post some of the families moving into my new save.

@OJenn How funny that the forums doesn't like the name Mollie. I looked it up to see if there was some hidden offensive meaning to the name but no...there shouldn't be any reason! Well, whatever, I can't wait to see your next update.

@Kiwicantdie Oh sweet Rory...life can be so hard when your a famous teen. It's ok that Rory is surrounded by girls. He'll grow up more calm and with more empathy. hehehe I wonder if sometimes he doesn't enjoy frog company more than his sisters'! Eeep imagine if he burnt himself alive and you had to choose another female heir!!!! I am so tired of sims mopping rain puddles in the middle of dangerous thunderstorms. I'm so tired of every thunderstorm being life threatening...What kind of world do they live in??? I'm still so annoyed with Mathias but hey if it's working for them both I guess it's ok. I think Clara's really pretty. Oh my word though, poor Emilia in a hot dog outfit?? Doesn't being Selene's daughter get her anything?? OH! I guess it did :) She's not a hot dog after all. Wow! Being Selene's daughter really did get her something! Global super star so young!! OH I love how you have redecorated your street! It's such a cute neighborhood! I love that idea. I'm also a fan of the bar...although it does seem strange to me they'd have it a landfill. I'm eager to see how you play this. I do like the look of it though. Curse those elder bartenders! Oh no! Poor kitties. I love them. Even the cats mourned her...I love it. Ooo I was all scared about them going home after curfew and getting in trouble but then Rory makes a good point...He's not wrong...Emilia looks super cute in her disguise. If my sims start running around in their pajamas...I mean I guess it's the next step. I saw someone in pajamas in my office last week. Aww everything went so nice. Even Cadence in her ranty mood seemed to make it feel like everything was OK. The kiss at the end was perfect.

@EMSimmer30 Hmmm. I have a Hope, and I'm currently playing the West family, but I don't have a Hope West. I'm so curious to see a picture of who you're talking about.

@Blackhelmetman Welcome to the challenge. Can't wait to see what you do.

OK, now I'm going to show the families who are in my new save. @amadazulsim and @SimCave I couldn't find any of your sims on the gallery. Have you uploaded anyone?

First, it's the Valentino family. I had a little fun with this one, because the family belongs to @Heckstress17 but we started with the same founders once for fun. It's her family but they're in my founder house for my version.
    EUmCg.png

It's funny cause I even have pictures of the in the house!
    EUmCM.png

Next, it's @Kiwicantdie 's Austin family.
    EUmDe.png

@JordanNicoleJJ Rigg's family.
    EUmDI.png

@OJenn I can't recall her last name...I remember it starts with an S and is hard to spell :)
    EUmE9.png

Finally the last one I could find with a family for me to upload was @Francisca464 but I can't remember their name either :( sorry!
    EUmEL.png

Happy New Year everyone! I resolve to post more ♥ I hope your holidays were great and I can't wait to see your updates in the thread.
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Hi all, just wanted to let you know I'm finally over the flu and hopefully things will calm down at work now that the holidays are over (I'm a manager in retail :grimace: ). I think the two week long cc shopping spree kinda burnt me out on Sims for a little bit, cause I haven't really played since. On the bright side, I'm re-reading Harry Potter (something I haven't done for years). and my boyfriend got me an xbox for Christmas so I've been playing Sea of Thieves a lot. It's been good to kind of "reset" and enjoy a few other hobbies for a bit. I haven't abandoned my Willow Creek save, I just need a little break to come back refreshed & excited for Sims again :) Hope everyone is doing well and is having a great new year so far!
    @debjameswhite The confusion is my fault it seems. I looked at Hope in my library and she is yours but she is not a West, she is a Wolfe! Ops ;)
    Here she is along with her husband and son.

Lady Hope of Longbottom nee Wolfe
    vBvXY5t.png
    5YiiWI4.png

Lord Lloyd, Earl of Longbottom
    FLIXpXl.png
    OpXG3OP.png

Lord Watson, Heir of Longbottom
    vcawJL2.png
    wpmaXOR.png
    Mini Update

Adair is doing nothing but leading roles in movies now and Jana has reached B-lister for her art already. They realized they needed help looking after the house(mansion guys lol) and hired a butler. Sadly, the trend I predicted has held true with both parents too busy to look after poor Peyton and leaving the butler to do everything. Material things and servants are not a replacement for love guys! Peyton has aged up into a surprisingly well behaved child and being very creative like both Adair and Jana has declared that they are non binary and wish to be addressed by they/them/theirs form now on. While Adair and Jana seem just fine with this for their child, they are still leaving poor Peyton with the help most of the time and not really encouraging nor praising their efforts nor talents.

Peyton Lovell, Gen 7 heir
    RT8uxiP.png
    Zet3Mbw.png
    Lord Watson-Child
    PLCFF9A.png
    yKF0gou.png

Lord Watson- Teen
    u99FjbH.png
    IT5XgPF.png
    @EMSimmer30 Ahh yes my sweet Hope. One of Lawrence's children :) She's one of my favorites. I hope she brings you lots of fun!
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    Happy new year everybody and I wish you all a great 2020!

I'm about to actually start my game to see if I can get back a bit of Sims mojo :wink:

@debjameswhite The family you downloaded is Leo and his wife Jennie :heart:
    @Francisca464 You can do it! I want to play but I don't want to start if I'm the only one. <3<3<3
    I'm looking for a new place to store my pictures for the forums. I've been using Pu.ush since I started this challenge and today I found out they delete your pictures 1 month after the last time they were looked at. All my posts now have broken picture links and that is sad!

Any recommendations? Where do you love to keep your pictures?
    edited January 2020
    I'm looking for a new place to store my pictures for the forums. I've been using Pu.ush since I started this challenge and today I found out they delete your pictures 1 month after the last time they were looked at. All my posts now have broken picture links and that is sad!

Any recommendations? Where do you love to keep your pictures?

I think @Heckstress17 uses IMGUR - If memory serves me right. I don't know much about it but this seems to be a reoccurring theme with these hosting sites. For example I use to use Photobucket and it did the same thing. And Puush has a paid plan but I wasn't able to find much info on it. I also have a backup folder on my PC for instances like these.
    @OJenn Oh I have all my pictures and posts saved so I could go back and re do them, but that would take a very long time.
    @OJenn @Francisca464 @Kiwicantdie @Heckstress17 @JordanNicoleJJ @amadazulsim @SimCave @Tellex and I know there are others I'm just not remembering right now, but I miss all of you so much <3<3<3 Please play sims and post for me :D
    @debjameswhite Still here just slammed with work and new mom life :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top