Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing every time traveling.

Ever since the update I’ve been crashing non stop and unable to travel from my home lot. Wondering if anybody else is having this issue because I can’t play the game at all which is a first for me.
Origin ID: iamoz96
Enjoy my creations! :)

Comments

• adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    It has been crashing a lot for me when I want my Sim to travel.

All this game crashing is getting beyond breaking point.
    2quwd7.gif

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    It has been crashing a lot for me when I want my Sim to travel.

All this game crashing is getting beyond breaking point.

Glad I’m not the only one. The crashing is so bad and I’m not sure if anyone has reported it to the gurus yet. I would but I don’t have Twitter..
    edited December 2019
    And now with the new Discover University pack, there is a Build Mode-crash as well. Sometimes, when you come out of Build mode during play of a household, after a few seconds the game crashes.

I did report the Travel crash to the developers here but the only thing suggested was to reset the console cache.
    2quwd7.gif

@adamclark83 Even exiting out of CAS causes the game to crash. I hope clearing the cache works but if not... it’s entirely on them. They need to not shrug it off.
    Omg thankfully it worked! 😁😁😁
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited December 2019
    They know about the traveling crashes. What console do you play on?
    @catloverplayer I play on the PS4 slim version
    I play on the PS4 1TB slim.
    2quwd7.gif

• LonelyCalliLonelyCalli Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="adamclark83;c-17346921"]And now with the new Discover University pack, there is a Build Mode-crash as well. Sometimes, when you come out of Build mode during play of a household, after a few seconds the game crashes.

I did report the Travel crash to the developers here but the only thing suggested was to reset the console cache.[/quote]

This is the one that’s happening to me very frequently. I make sure to save before going back to live mode. But it’s SUPER frustrating because I love building and tweaking my apartment as I play.
    My game crashed 3 times last night.

Something's got to be done about it.
    2quwd7.gif

• BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    edited December 2019
    I’ve been getting the travel crashes since the day we got the update in July that released on the same day as island living. I’ve reported it more times than I can count on the PS4 as well as on twitter and the bug forums. I am also getting the both the exiting build mode And CAS crashes and my games also crashes immediately after sims take pictures -all reported. I’ve tried clearing the cash, rebuilding database and uninstalling & reinstalling and nothing works to stop it. It’s VERY frustrating!!! My sister got me a 1tb PS4 slim for Christmas (that hasn’t arrived yet) but I see someone here has it and are having that same issue 😡 so it looks like something we as users can’t fix with the suggestions provided!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Mines isnt crashing so far but it's doing alot of freezing
    Clearing the cache does absolutely very little of reducing the crashing. It works for a little bit but wow.... crashing is the worst it’s ever been. I have a load of space on my console too. So what why?? It’s on the devs definitely. 🤨
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Its definitely not my console I keep mines up to date, i have over 1TB memory left (i bought an PS4 external hard drive bought from the game shop) and my game is also up to date aswell
    One of the travel crashes on consoles is Error Code 0 (Zero) which is also happening on PC.
    So now, we have Travel crashes, Build-Mode crashes and CAS crashes. Why is this?

Also, what company releases a patch that's designed to slow the game down if players have too much going on?
    2quwd7.gif

.... Sony? I think. The only other company I know of is Sony and the devs. If there is more it is not of my knowledge.
    I'm talking about the developers of the game and EA.
    2quwd7.gif

iamoz96 wrote: »
    .... Sony? I think. The only other company I know of is Sony and the devs. If there is more it is not of my knowledge.

Xbox is having the same crashing issues.
    Tried to play two households last night and the game crashed both times just before the loading screen ended.
    2quwd7.gif

I will not fight this game. I’ll go back when it’s working like it should.
    No one should tolerate all the issues connected with this game. I want to play a game without issues or faults. Why can't the developers make sure of that?
    2quwd7.gif

I think they just need to update the stability.
    Yes, but the question is whether they will. Or want to.
    2quwd7.gif

Yes, but the question is whether they will. Or want to.

I'm sure they will once they find out what is causing this to happen.