Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    2 new builds done!

tumblr_pu1kowFxNf1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

Pierfect Start is, as the name implies, a starter for Sulani (though far from perfect :D ). It's hard to build a starter when the original lot cost is pretty high :o I just had to use this type of wall covering and roof paint for a build. It has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and was made for Lagoon Look.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

tumblr_pu1l5n2nXv1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pu1l5n2nXv1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    While playing in Sulani, I thought the beaches were pretty tame and could use some more entertainment. I added a whole lot to do at the beach I created, Ebb & Glow. Of course sims can relax or sunbathe on the loungers, towels and floaties, and ride around on an aqua zip or canoe. But they can also take an extra high swan dive from the high platform (which, technically, should kill your sims, but eh :p ), play chess, play cards, play the guitar, fish, paint, swing, dance, mix drinks, have a waterballoon fight, enjoy the bonfire, grill some food... I think that's it. Oh, and watch tv too, because I wanted the lot to meet the requirements for a bar as well, so the lot type can be changed :) It uses the 50x50 lot called Sapphire Shores.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

That's it for now. My vacation is almost ending so I'll go back to hibernation for a while until a new pack comes out or inspiration strikes me again :smiley:
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Pierfect Start is a lovely starter home and Ebb and Flow is a very nice beach! :) Very nice exterior design of the buildings and the roofing is very nice! The blue textured walls of the starter home gives a very nice look to the home. Very nice layout of the interior.
    The layout and tiered deck areas of the beach build looks very great! There are many enjoyable things for Sims to enjoy doing at the lot! Very nice pavilion area at the end of the pier for Sims to just relax! Very nice bar area for Sims to sit on the stools and enjoy a drink from the bar.
    They are very nice builds for Sulani! :)
    Thank you very much @rosemow, your comments are always a joy to read :star:
    How about another ancient WIP? Back in 2015, when Get To Work came out, I started working on a hospital. The surgery stations were bugged though and didn't work, so I shelved the WIP. It's now 4 years later and decided to see if it has been fixed. And I guess they did fix it, because they do work now... and I was finally able to finish it!

Here is Green Wing Hospital:

tumblr_pzmm17fLcR1s873l7o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pzmm17fLcR1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pzmm17fLcR1s873l7o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pzmm17fLcR1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

If you think the original hospital is missing that authentic sterile white hospital vibe, you can replace it with this one! Fully playtested, all medical equipment should work as intended. Easy to navigate and exam beds are close to X-rays and treadmills. Multiple offices, so there's always a free analysis machine or pc to use. Surgery stations and cantina on the first floor. Only Get To Work is required for this build!
    Tumblr
    Gallery

Hopefully, everything survives the Gallery transfer. Enjoy :)
    Greenwing Hospital is a lovely and warm modem hospital! :) Very great exterior design, roofing, and green and white colour scheme! The front courtyard flower bed is pretty! Very lovely layout and furnishing of the interior! It looks great the way you have designed and furnished the rooms with the medical items, for Sims to enjoy a very nice venue to work in for their medical career.
    It is a very lovely hospital and workplace! :)
    Thank you very much @rosemow! :) I was also working on a restaurant with the Moshino pack, but playtesting has been a bit weird. Customers keep bringing their own food and flood the tables with their homemade tofu dogs :open_mouth: Not entirely sure what's happening there :joy:
    I hope everyone is well and enjoying the new expansion pack :) I played around in Discover University and had my simself get a degree. You know, the thing I failed to do in real life. In this virtual life, I actually showed up to classes and lectures :D

Got so tired of the loading screens, so I made my sim’s university life much easier by building these brand new commons.

56c382593feb3cf526d6b825d005e7430806831e.jpg
    64117859b97fe69d08a2621239740d5b236f5d27.jpg
    fa49feee6ab63e8385c5a2a9dca982f8ea504972.jpg
    a001d000eb5eb81cd0c20cc510855bd93b810809.jpg

Move your sim into a dorm and then live the rest of the time here! Foxbury Lots-In-Commons has 2 bedrooms with both 2 beds, though no one will actually sleep here, aside from your own sim (if you tell them to of course). It also has 2 showers, so there’s no need to go back to your dorm. Travel time from the Commons to the 2 university buildings also seem to be a bit shorter than travelling from the dorms, or maybe I’m just imagining it.

It has everything a Commons lot needs to be functional, plus some extras. Grab free food in the cafeteria, grill some burgers in the backyard, study on one of the 8 computers or 5 research stations, tinker on one of the 4 robotics workstations, read books, observe the sky, practice your debating skills, play chess, mix drinks, play juice pong, build furniture at the workbench, use the microscope… I hope I’m not forgetting anything. Fully playtested and everything works fine :) It only uses basegame and Discover University items!
    Tumblr
    Gallery
    Foxbury Lots -in-commons is a great place for students to enjoy spending time! :) Very stylish modern exterior design and the colour scheme of the build both the exterior and interior to suit the school colours looks great ! Very nice outdoors dining patio for Sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating outdoors in the air. The sculpture in the garden is a nice touch.They will like using the telescope. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! It is great there is a cafeteria for Sims to get food to eat. It looks very nice the way the dining tables and chairs have been set up,They will enjoy sitting on the sofas chatting and watching tv. Very nice study desks area for Sims to sit at the tables and do their homework or studies on the computer. The patterned flooring is very nice, They will have fun playing ping pong, and enjoy using the robotic workstation to craft items. Very nice bar area for Sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar.
    It is a great students commons venue! :)
    Congratulations on getting the sims degree! :)
    Thank you very much @rosemow :) It was fun building this one!
    Very exciting indeed!! I had so many gallery notifications when I opened the game, I had no idea what happened. Wanted to see who nominated the build, but I couldn't find a nomination. But of course I'm overjoyed with the Maxis fave, so awesome :smiley:
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Cerrydd

Your builds are awesome I love your beautiful beach for Sulani and as I am just going to take a look at uni your vibrant uni builds will be a welcome addition. Also congratulations on your Foxbury Lots -in-commons build being favorited by Maxis as our lovely @rosemow already pointed out :)
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Without going through and commenting on everything here, you have some wonderful builds. ♥
    Thank you both very much @SPARKY1922 and @Taoron :smiley:

I've been working on a similar build for UBrite. 30x20 is usually my favourite lot size, but it's really going to be a very cramped build to get as much in as I can :D On the plus side, less landscaping to worry about...
    Hey everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves over the holidays :star: I'm dropping by to share my last build for 2019 (time flies by when you're having fun!)

5cc5e0710f8245c0a81c9d306f3feda45e3f5946.jpg
    1dca648e43522209544ee074771861df63d1e5dd.jpg
    dcf4ab779317a9fcacb7018d8938ab362d35c301.jpg
    64d49d35e57c197cd47972afc5c106be927e1042.jpg

And I name thee... UBrite More-In-Commons!

Even though UBrite is much easier to navigate than Foxbury, I figured I might as well revamp these commons so both universities in my sim’s world have similar accommodations. The lot size is smaller than Foxbury’s so I couldn’t add everything I wanted, but it’s fully functional and has 1 bedroom (with 2 beds) and a shower. Aside from that, it meets all the requirements, plus some computers/research machines, piano, violin, painting easles and bonsai shrubs. The layout is pretty awkward, but I’m happy with how the exterior turned out. Looks like it really belongs on the UBrite campus, if I may say so myself ;)
    Tumblr
    Gallery
    Ubrite More in Commons is a lovely Ubrite commons build! :) Very great exterior design, wall texture, floral hedging and windows! Very nice outside table and chair areas where the students can enjoy doing studying outdoors in the air. Very nice interior furnishing! The brown and green colour scheme is lovely! Very nice cafe area for the Sims to enjoy eating meals together at the tables. They will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofas watching tv and listening to juke box music. The podium area is great! Very nice art nook area for sims to enjoy doing painting on the easels. They will have fun playing ping pong and enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. Very nice study desk area for Sims to do uni studies on the computers.
    It is a very nice students commons! :)
    Stunning @Cerrydd Wonderful build. So much grandeur!
    Thank you very much for your comments @rosemow and @Taoron <3

Happy new year everyone! May 2020 be filled with joy and good health :star:
    I like small homes, but tiny houses aren't really my thing. Didn't stop me from trying to build one with the new stuff pack though :p

d1ecb2c7c7749564ee43fdf45169b254da537810.jpg
    69defa1fbb24990e5965272432cadd11548551e7.jpg

Here's a literal (cardboard) box to live in. 32 tiles, so it functions as a micro home, which gives you all possible benefits of tiny living :) It uses a 20x15 lot and costs $14,525. There's not much else to say :D
    Tumblr
    Gallery
    The tiny living home is lovely! :)The open box exterior design is very creatively great! Very nice greenery, flowers and plants on patio edges. The open plan interior layout and the furnishings of the home with the new pack items is very nice! Very lovely warm colours! The curtains used suit the room very well!
    It is a lovely tiny living home! :)
    Great house! You've made me want to watch Se7en again. ♥
    Thanks very much @rosemow and @Taoron! Haven't seen Se7en in ages, but I don't think I'll ever forget the WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOOOOOOOX scene :D
    edited January 2020
    Cerrydd wrote: »
    Thanks very much @rosemow and @Taoron! Haven't seen Se7en in ages, but I don't think I'll ever forget the WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOOOOOOOX scene :D

Indeed. He is the king of anguished pain scenes. You can see his thoughts and pain in his face. So very expressive. Love him.
    I uploaded 3 new builds last weekend, but then the gallery stopped working :o Thankfully everything works again so I can finally post them :)

After building the Box microhome, I was working on a tier 2 build and wanted to move on to a tier 3 home next. However, I found a way to maximize my laziness concerning landscaping and decided to make all 3 tiers in the same style as a sort of series :P So the landscaping is pretty much identical, but the homes are of a different size. The lot size is 20x20 for all of them.

692f70368d6cb738f0c290ca5ff40e84ae114264.jpg
    478ce96a8d0bc20f8aa16d38c254cba5716cba75.jpg
    Red Cabin - Micro is a starter home of 32 tiles and can fit one sim, since only one can sleep in the bed.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

cc2b9ca68b24c852c5b6680f41136d83ec5da289.jpg
    49f826d4b3ca7e0e8b860fa18b68b50081dff8be.jpg
    Red Cabin - Tiny is 64 tiles big and is suitable for one sim or a couple and a dog. Layout is a bit silly since sims will have to go outside to go upstairs, but eh. It works :P
    Tumblr
    Gallery

09f62e933dbd816d5988424833d73bb3a43f58a0.jpg
    69be4295b22fe386f10e9ecd3af2ce85b36f39de.jpg
    Red Cabin - Small has the maximum of 100 tiles and can fit a family of max 4 sims and a cat.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

Maybe there's a sim out there who will start out in the micro version and grow into the bigger ones :)