Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What to Buy?

-KendallKatz--KendallKatz- Posts: 244 Member
Hello! Since Christmas time came with some gift cards and Origin males, it's time for a new pack! I just got Get Famous but there have been some other packs I wanted, can you guys who have at least some of these help me out? These are my options as of now:
  • Discover University
  • Dine Out
  • Seasons

These are the packs I currently have!:
  • Parenthood
  • City Living
  • Get Together
  • Get to Work
  • Get Famous
  • Cats & Dogs

If there's a pack I didn't put on here that you'd really like to recommend, just let me know! I'm not limited to these options, I just know these are the ones I'm most hyped about. I'm not really into Stuff Packs, but again, if you think I should give one a second chance just tell me! Ideally, I'll buy the pack today so any options I can get now will be great!
origin id: slayingsims
4677c7a6473e6a278b30e270c9b1e82a.gif
Post edited by -KendallKatz- on

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Seasons adds so much atmosphere to the game. I'd go with that one first.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I recommend getting those packs in this order:

- Seasons
    - Discover University
    - Dine Out
  • -KendallKatz--KendallKatz- Posts: 244 Member
    @Mariefoxprice83 @Chazzzy Thank you for your suggestions! I'm shocked, I didn't know so many people liked Seasons before looking up information on packs.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    If I remember rightly Seasons has been one of the most requested packs for both Sims 3 and Sims 4, because it was so popular since Sims 2 included it. I have to admit that it always feels less fun playing a sims game without weather if you have been playing a previous iteration with weather.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Seasons would be my first choice from your list. It is my favourite EP as it makes the game feel so much more alive and dynamic. I also highly recommend Vampires if you like occults and Cats & Dogs. I haven't played DU much yet, but I really like it so far. It has some nice CAS/BB items (I esp. love the bikes) and great storytelling potential. Dine Out is also a good GP, although I prefer taking my sims to restaurants on dates rather than running them.
    If I remember rightly Seasons has been one of the most requested packs for both Sims 3 and Sims 4, because it was so popular since Sims 2 included it. I have to admit that it always feels less fun playing a sims game without weather if you have been playing a previous iteration with weather.

That is true, it was really fun to play on the Sims 3! I just also like the dressing up aspect of it, bundling my sims up with coats in the cold seems really fun to me.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Get Seasons.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Seasons would be my first choice from your list. It is my favorite EP as it makes the game feel so much more alive and dynamic. I also highly recommend Vampires if you like occults and Cats & Dogs. I haven't played DU much yet, but I really like it so far. It has some nice CAS/BB items (I esp. love the bikes) and great storytelling potential. Dine Out is also a good GP, although I prefer taking my sims to restaurants on dates rather than running them.

Thanks for your help! I totally forgot until you said that - I have Cats & Dogs as well, but I always forget it's a pack I have since it seems like it was a part of the game from the start. I'm a little on the fence about Vampires, but I might try it out if I have some spending money left! From what people are saying I think I'll get seasons first, then move on to DU in a little bit, though I'm gonna give it a break since I just got Get Famous. This really has helped me out!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I'd get Seasons. You have several worlds already, and this pack revitalize them all :) I love seasons in say Windenburg and Brindleton Bay, to mention some. The entire game gets so detailed and more varied with the changing weather and seasons. You will need a minimum of planning (who wants to throw a garden wedding during a thunder storm?). I think weather and seasons also makes personality and family building more interesting. As the year changes, you will focus differently on activities than before. Like plants growing when in season only. Having a garden gets like a new experience. There is also a nifty calendar to keep track on events, holidays and the weather forecast.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Seasons will always get my vote first. It's a great pack. The only negative in the whole pack, in my opinion, is the lame excuse they have for snow. I've accepted it. I'm not happy about it. I'm not impressed with it. And, yes, even all this time later, it still annoys the fire out of me. But it's one draw back I guess I have to live with. The rest of the pack is pretty great. Customize-able holidays are a major plus, too.
    p8L4V6v.png