Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vote 2 (closed) - Art style

Comments

• TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    @EA_Mai ....Ok here is my honest opinion. I voted DIY because it's the most all around look. But if this pack is going to appeal to all, then knitting\crocheting cannot be the only option for a craft room period! They need to incorporate a sewing machine, cutting patterns, maybe making homemade craft items such as picture frames, greeting cards,...ie birthdays, xmas, etc..., wrapping gifts, maybe macrame plant hangers and wall hangings, maybe a loom of sorts. A craftroom is going to be something different for all, so why not make it appeal to all so that it gives everyone the choice to choose what their simmies will do and how their room is set up? Make it appeal to all, if not the sales of this pack will tank on so many levels. This pack needs variety, so please give us choice.
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    DIY, but only for a few reasons. I like the adult female outfit, the hanging lights, the craft table (it's a great size), and the rug. I like the storage options in GC and CC better, and I like the hanging plants. I hope there will be some appropriate clutter though. The stuff that's in there is cute in its own way, I love the pink ball of yarn on the floor in GC. I'm going to have to get to work on some elders.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Cozy Craft Workshop got my vote.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I voted for Granny Chic because I like the vintage style, but I also like the animal shaped (cat?) shoes thingy from DIY :o
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    TnT_Terry wrote: »
    @EA_Mai ....Ok here is my honest opinion. I voted DIY because it's the most all around look. But if this pack is going to appeal to all, then knitting\crocheting cannot be the only option for a craft room period! They need to incorporate a sewing machine, cutting patterns, maybe making homemade craft items such as picture frames, greeting cards,...ie birthdays, xmas, etc..., wrapping gifts, maybe macrame plant hangers and wall hangings, maybe a loom of sorts. A craftroom is going to be something different for all, so why not make it appeal to all so that it gives everyone the choice to choose what their simmies will do and how their room is set up? Make it appeal to all, if not the sales of this pack will tank on so many levels. This pack needs variety, so please give us choice.

its a $10 stuff pack dude
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I voted for the Granny Chic, because we all get old and it looked... nice. We have so much 'party' stuff already. We need things to relax with.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    Hi, yeah, I'll go with the DIY too. But Arts & crafts, if there was a lot more choices would be a good one too.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • mosmaniacmosmaniac Posts: 5 New Member
    Okay, real question for y'all:

What do you care about more? Stuff that you will be more likely to use most often, or stuff that the game doesn't have much of?

To me, the "DIY Delight" is just more of the same. It's a style we see reiterated over and over in this game, the more modern/clean lines look. Even some of the CAS items looked like just recolors of items we already have. It's cute and I like it and I can see myself using all of it, but it just feels overdone to me. The "Granny Chic" style really stood out to me because it's different. It's stuff we don't have a lot of, and some of the "granny" type things we do have are not very versatile, and these items seem like they will be much more so. The CAS items are very unique as well and stuff we don't have a lot of.

But again, what's better?? Even though DIY Delight is stuff I know I will use in almost every build, do I really just want more of the same type of stuff? I may not use all of the Granny Chic stuff, but that was my pick because it interested me.

A long-winded way of saying, what were y'alls priorities when you voted?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So no toddler options why am I not surprised... Granny should knit toddlers outfits don't take this from me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AhalitaAhalita Posts: 1 New Member
    DIY Delight looks awesome
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    mosmaniac wrote: »

What do you care about more? Stuff that you will be more likely to use most often, or stuff that the game doesn't have much of?

To me, the "DIY Delight" is just more of the same. It's a style we see reiterated over and over in this game, the more modern/clean lines look. Even some of the CAS items looked like just recolors of items we already have. It's cute and I like it and I can see myself using all of it, but it just feels overdone to me. The "Granny Chic" style really stood out to me because it's different. It's stuff we don't have a lot of, and some of the "granny" type things we do have are not very versatile, and these items seem like they will be much more so. The CAS items are very unique as well and stuff we don't have a lot of.

But again, what's better?? Even though DIY Delight is stuff I know I will use in almost every build, do I really just want more of the same type of stuff? I may not use all of the Granny Chic stuff, but that was my pick because it interested me.

I picked what I was more likely to use - which is the DIY delight. What furniture we have like Granny Chic (which looks to me more like Cats and Dogs than Movie Night) I hardly ever use, so voting for more stuff I wouldn't use makes little sense to me.

Ideally, I'd like the rainbow knitted clutter/decor from Granny; the easy chair, shelving and loom from Cozy Comforts; and the clothing, other furniture -especially the cart and worktable, and toys from DIY... all in well saturated colors that don't look worn or washed out with age. (and aren't themselves old. No puce, no taupe, no Avocado Green, no Burn Orange.)
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    edited December 2019
    Granny Chic!

I would like:
    • Cats able to play with wool balls
    • Knitting baby clothes (They need some love)
    • Craft the Red String of Fate that turns the target in The One
    Post edited by Alexciel on
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited December 2019
    Granny chick. I see knitted stuff all over. It's the only one I like. If this wins it could be a cool pack.

Between the other two, cosy looks like it's knitting related. I am having a hard time seeing knitting in the diy. Simmers keep talking about furniture, but this is for the look, not what items will be there. I think they just should have had pictures of stuff each design could add.
  • snuppa1992snuppa1992 Posts: 2 New Member
    Vil gjerne ha koselig Håndverks verksted og vev, symaskin, brodering og mye mer innen garn.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    mosmaniac wrote: »

Granny chic is more of the same too. It just has some interesting decor items that sims won't even be able to interact with. Plus, I prefer furniture with greater versatility and less over the top colors, because it's what people usually use irl in their houses.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I picked DIY Delight. Don't like the other options...
    He/Him
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited December 2019
    Shadami wrote: »
    Once again I'm torn because there are things in all of them that I like.
    I wish everything from these public votes could just exist. All the ideas are always so amazing!

I had difficulty deciding. I like bits and pieces of all of them.
    *The AF outfit in Granny Chic (that hat is too cute)
    *Anything lace
    *Hanging baskets
    * That clock in Granny Chic
    * The cool Elder outfit in Cozy Craft
    * The AM sweater in Cozy Craft
    * The storage shelves, wall organizer, and baskets in Cozy Craft
    * Cat sweater and bunny? slippers on AM outfit in DIY Delight
    * That awesome workstation in DIY Delight
    * Wall organizer in DIY Delight
    * Hanging lights in DIY Delight

I pretty much like anything that can hang on the wall and take up less floor space (mostly because I like cozy small homes, though not to say I don't play with ones otherwise.

Things I wish we were getting:
    * Wooly Scarves and mittens
    * Embroidery
    * Sewing machine and threads
    * Toddler and baby outfits
    * Teen outfits
    * More versatility and connectedness to other packs/expansions
    * Expansion on Laundry Day items
    * Additional art options (i.e. like crafts for kids and toddlers, expansion on woodworking, flower arranging, etc.)
    * Cats can play with yarn balls, please!!!
    * Patches in different colors and patterns for jeans
    * Embroidered jeans (without the rips and tears in them like the AF in Cozy Craft

To be completely honest, I have low expectations, and I often play for storytelling purposes, so I'll probably like whatever we get. I tend to be pretty positive, and if I need something else, there's always CC. I tend to wait awhile, like for a sale, to purchase packs anyhow, so it gives modders a chance to update. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    snuppa1992 wrote: »
    Vil gjerne ha koselig Håndverks verksted og vev, symaskin, brodering og mye mer innen garn.

Word
  • Muzzettemm1Muzzettemm1 Posts: 3 New Member
    The sims 3 had supernatural with Werewolves also there was the Genies too can we please get that back??
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I went with granny :*

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MoniAnnMoniAnn Posts: 1 New Member
    Ir was eitjer Cozy or DYI. Going with with Cozy.
  • LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    DIY delight for sure. It's the most hip and modern, and just fits the best with the other packs in my opinion. Plus, that outfit on the YA girl is super cute!
  • ZevanoxZevanox Posts: 30 Member
    I voted for Cozy Craft Workshop because I love how the interior and the items look. Not a fan of the clothing, but I like everything else in that category.
  • PlutoBuddzPlutoBuddz Posts: 3 New Member
    I picked Cozy Craft Workshop. Anyone else?
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    In RL I don’t have a room set aside for crocheting, I just pull out what I’m working on and sit in a recliner chair with the t.v on as background noise. And of the three Cozy had items that I could replicate that feel with.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top