Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recharging Utility bots

simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
I have two Gardener bots. One of them I bought via buy/build and the other I had a sim build and is now a level 4 bot.

My question is, how do I get the battery life back in them when it goes down really low and they stop working? Level 4's battery is at 19% and has stayed there for 3 sim hours. The other one stopped not long after that. Putting them on the workstation doesn't work for the level 4 one so tuning it up is out.

I searched for an answer to this and I didn't find one.

I was looking forward to having these bots, but with the fact that my garden is large, (all available in-game harvestables plus some CC harvestables), it's taken those two bots two sim days to complete what one sim could complete in one day. I know, I need a third gardener bot.

Please help
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I was able to finally find an answer for you, it took me a bit in my game to figure it out. How you recharge your bots is you have your sim place the bot on the working station, where the bot was first created. Once the bot is on the station, and you will have an option to tune up. When you tune up the bot you'll be adding to the battery life as well.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @LaBlue0314, thank you. I was afraid that tuning them up was the only way. I think it would be neat if they had a solar panel on their tops so they could sit outside and recharge or even just land and recharge like the drones from Get Famous do.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Update: It seems like the Utility bots can recharge themselves. I have three excellent quality level 3 gardener bots in a different household and when their battery dies they land and recharge themselves. I don't know why the level 4 gardener bot that I had in my other household didn't recharge at all but these most certainly do.