Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Erzsike2000Erzsike2000 Posts: 2 New Member
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793168/official-the-sims-4-100-baby-challenge-or-gtw-update/p1
  • maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    In chapter 7, Dimitri Straud works on being a good toddler. And J's evil twins finally become children.
    10-20-19_6-51-49-pm.jpg
  • dietnutelladietnutella Posts: 16 Member
    hey, I’m really not active on here but I have been doing the 100 baby challenge for a very long time (almost 2 years but with extended breaks) and I’m almost at the final leg. Marisol, my 2nd matriarch, has just given birth to babies 93 and 94, Brody and Caleb. I have not blogged this experience, but I have a public family tree. It has very little information, but I thought I would share anyways.

https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/58ebef2ea8461e0e1c95eb03

Just a heads up, I don’t add children to the tree until they’re young adults so we’re missing Xylia, Yolanda, Zara, Aliyah, and the newborn twins.
  • maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    Catalina finally has a teenager in chapter 8!
    10-22-19_7-39-28-pm.jpg
  • tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    I just started this challenge myself. I was watching Buzzfeed mulitplayer and it intrigued me. But i messed up my first two kids. I thought it was only 3 toddler skills to level 3 and not all of them lol. I got off easy with the first two.

Does anyone have any pro-tips for me? Thanks :)
  • Danielle12281986Danielle12281986 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have to try this :)
  • AutoguyAutoguy Posts: 3 New Member
    Does 295 in my TS3 game count for anything?

https://i.postimg.cc/XJKTKhRb/rotten295.jpg
  • anashanash Posts: 86 Member
    edited December 2019
    tomchan0 wrote: »
    I just started this challenge myself. I was watching Buzzfeed mulitplayer and it intrigued me. But i messed up my first two kids. I thought it was only 3 toddler skills to level 3 and not all of them lol. I got off easy with the first two.

Does anyone have any pro-tips for me? Thanks :)

Skip the tablet it raises skills slowly. When I have multiple tots i have them on a rotational sleep schedule so I can focus on one at a time. The fastest way to raise thinking is have the tot watch other sims in the household. Imagination play with toys while playful raises the skill fastest. Usually I have them play in the ball pit then play with a toy. Movement I have them play in the ball pit and the slide or have them run around. Communication have them babble/talk to the overstuffed animals. Potty they can watch other tots on the potty and slowly raise their own potty skill and thinking. Hope this helps and makes sense.

PS. Also have extra food in the fridge or have fruits and veggies handy to have the tots eat if the matriarch is asleep it provides a happy moodlete and helps raise skills faster. Also the nesting blocks help with thinking and movement and you can have kids teach the tots and it helps raise the skill faster and helps with social need.
  • Julesm01Julesm01 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Forum , I've been doing the 100 baby challenge for a while now , but iv'e ran into a problem... my young matriarch has died . Do I rewind to previous game play or move on to the previous matriarchs youngest daughter ? pls help
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Julesm01 wrote: »
    Hi Forum , I've been doing the 100 baby challenge for a while now , but iv'e ran into a problem... my young matriarch has died . Do I rewind to previous game play or move on to the previous matriarchs youngest daughter ? pls help

You use the youngest daughter. If she isn't grown yet have older siblings raise her. :)
    So I am trying this challenge again. ( The amount of times I've had to restart from glitches I should be done😄). But any way I'm doing it a little different I am using a spin the wheel app to determine the sex and the amount of babies my poor matriarch has thanks to mccc i can do it this way. I thinking it is breaking the rules sense we can not influence the gender or the amount of babies but I wanted to do it a little different this time around. So far I've had one Singleton 3 twins and 2 triplets and she is currently pregnant with 2 more.
  • XMsXBlackRoseXXMsXBlackRoseX Posts: 3 New Member
    oke i have a question...I started the 100 baby challange a while ago and im at 35 babies right now...but me teen was mortified from a moodswing and the MOMENT he aged up to a young adult...he died of embarresment.....does he still count because he died as a young adult or is my count back to 34 because he DID die in my household.....
    oke i have a question...I started the 100 baby challange a while ago and im at 35 babies right now...but me teen was mortified from a moodswing and the MOMENT he aged up to a young adult...he died of embarresment.....does he still count because he died as a young adult or is my count back to 34 because he DID die in my household.....

He counts sense he made it to YA.
  • DysanniaDysannia Posts: 37 Member
    Hey all! I had started this challenge a while ago, but lost my spreadsheet of my baby count and have had to start all over. I'm currently on baby #10, but I can't for the life of me have twins/triplets. I have my matriarch watch the kids channel in trimester 2 and she has the fertile trait, but still has not had multiples - not once. :( It's very frustrating. Any other tips would be appreciated.

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Dysannia wrote: »
    Hey all! I had started this challenge a while ago, but lost my spreadsheet of my baby count and have had to start all over. I'm currently on baby #10, but I can't for the life of me have twins/triplets. I have my matriarch watch the kids channel in trimester 2 and she has the fertile trait, but still has not had multiples - not once. :( It's very frustrating. Any other tips would be appreciated.

Watching the kids channel was a sims 3 thing. It doesn't do a thing in Sims 4. Pretty much the same with the fertile trait. It's basically only to ensure they get pregnant when they try. Which really makes no sense to me, as I rarely have an issue with sims getting pregnant with TFB.

If you have Get Together, use the "ley line" lot trait. Twins or triplets guaranteed.
    p8L4V6v.png
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Watching the kids channel was a sims 3 thing. It doesn't do a thing in Sims 4. Pretty much the same with the fertile trait. It's basically only to ensure they get pregnant when they try. Which really makes no sense to me, as I rarely have an issue with sims getting pregnant with TFB.

If you have Get Together, use the "ley line" lot trait. Twins or triplets guaranteed.

Whhhhaaaaat?? That's silly!!!!

I don't have Get Together :( Maybe I can snatch it up before the holiday sale is over!
    @Dysannia Correction. It's City Living. NOT Get Together! So sorry!
    p8L4V6v.png
  • shorrasorenshorrasoren Posts: 23 Member
    Heeey!
    So I haven't played my 100b challenge for a while because I bought Parenthood and there are way to many things to do. Do you have any ideas on how to get my sims to stay on top of things with 7 kids, work (i.e.:writing), laundry, cooking, helping with homework, getting her kids to be not too evil, and sleeping sometimes too?
    My sims is exhausted all the time, the kids are up all night and she has to go and ground them or something because they make a mess of everyting. There is always a stinky toddler somewhere (I have the same problem with the bath than most people do with high chairs. also i've totally given up on high chairs) and 4 out of 7 kids have nightmares all the time (even with the lamps)

At this point it doesn't feel like a game anymore, but more like a constant headache. Like I was more or less able to get on with stuff, but I feel like Parenthood made it way too complicated.
    Do you guys have any tips? Because I really want to finish the challenge
  • BlackhelmetmanBlackhelmetman Posts: 28 Member
    I just started this challenge and it’s a lot of fun. Thanks for creating this challenge @Ashleigh825 I recommend this challenge for anyone!
    @shorrasoren

I have the same thing! Try making a room designed for homework, add some focus decor in there, and they’ll finish their homework way faster. Also, try to have a specific time when they all eat TOGETHER and when they go to sleep. It helps way more than you think. Also, don’t try to make every child perfect, you can discipline at the dinner table also, and after making a mess. Finally, don’t age your teen up when they are having a mood swing. (I did that, and she died from cardiac explosion!)

It's ok. I had already purchased Get Together and then had to justify getting City Living too... Let's just pretend that didn't happen...
    Quick question - do you think a mod that allows for quaduplets/quintuplets is allowed?

It's ok. I had already purchased Get Together and then had to justify getting City Living too... Let's just pretend that didn't happen...

:D Okay, mums the word. ;) Sorry I didn't catch you sooner :(
    Quick question - do you think a mod that allows for quaduplets/quintuplets is allowed?

If you are following the rules of the challenge, it's not allowed, since it's not possible in a vanilla save. But, just my own tip, that I found in my game. Once you get the house to a pretty full state, I was able to have two kids on constant rotation, to keep mom constantly pregnant and complete the challenge with one mom in her lifetime. It took me nearly 40 babies to learn the flow of it, but once I got that down, the game went much smoother. The key, for me, was to constantly have twins. I used Ley Line lot trait, and never allowed more than 2 empty spots open in the house, so I ensured she was only having twins.
    p8L4V6v.png
    100 baby challenge tips:
    Have all your sims eat at the same time (I recommend 3 meals a day)
    Lock the kitchen up in a room that only your matriarch can access (that way kids and teens aren’t sneaking snacks in between meals)
    Have a room for homework with focusing decor (they will get their homework done much faster)
    Have a separate area for toddlers that only the mom can access
    Lock the matriarchs bedroom (that way toddlers can’t wake her up)
    Have all your sims sleep at the same time (I recommend getting them all to bed by 9pm)

If you have seasons, I recommend putting a roller rink inside the house (my children have sometimes maxed out their motor skills because of this)
    Toddler tips:
    Have them separate from the rest of the house (but they still have to access the dining room)
    Have a scheduled time for the mom to wash the toddlers (once a day so they don’t get smelly and their attention levels boost)
    Make sure to up their potty levels to level 2 ASAP (that way they can potty on their own)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top