Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 2 of Simsmas: Winterfest Celebrations

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Now that forums feel more festive, let's take our Holidays mood into our games as well - your Sims deserve some good food and a party!

For the second day of Simsmas, share a screenshot of your Sim(s) enjoying their own Winterfest celebrations!

No need to stick to traditions here: think of your Sims and their personalities - how would they celebrate this time of the year? Family dinner near the fireplace? A visit to Sixam to make new friends? Trip to Sulani to enjoy some sunbathing? No matter their ideal style, capture it and share their story!

tjbvmqqw4qhk.png
My Sim is playing games with some friends for Winterfest

Comments

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited December 2019
    This was a previous Christmas Day/Winterfest. Instead of turkey, the Furystrykars have gammon!
    10-27-19_9-37-19%25C2%25A0AM.png
    And afterwards, it's time to open the presents under the tree!
    10-27-19_9-44-51%25C2%25A0AM.png
    And at this time of the year, they would be doing the same, and waiting for Father Christmas/Clement Frost to appear!
    Post edited by ChuChuExpress on
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Watching a Christmas movie with the family :)
    22-12-2019-11-31-00.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    12 days of Simsmas is so fun! :blush:

OOs1uvc.jpg
    Here is my Sim Jill (in the red turtleneck) eating festive dinner on Christmas Eve with her parents and grandparents.

QzFLP5I.jpg
    And here they are exchanging and opening the presents.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My simself held a Winterfest party with a holiday themed dress code. It was an informal party with dancing, talking, snacking and drinking (not a sit down meal.)
    3AhgfYt.png?1
    X6JiA8G.png?1
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Some people say that Italian cuisine isn't appropriate fare to serve at holiday gatherings. Grunfeld the Defiler disagrees.

x2ALqAz.png
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Bianca and Ezra (vampires) had a romantic celebration in Granite Falls a while back.
    UUlwLJU.jpg
    FSf3cyo.jpg
    zQV8rNk.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    pqwEMP5.png
    Here's how my Sims' butler celebrated Simsmas :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited December 2019
    It's not winter in my game so I invented Spring Fest, a time for mermaid sims and their families to celebrate by opening presents and doing water-based activities. It looks a bit rubbish because they are living in a minimalist way at the moment. Future generations will have better housing though.

wNELHKF.jpg
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member

6th generation, Lance Pancakes, in his holiday PJs.

SsR6PIP.png
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    qxR6xdZ.pngLeah and Aleki celebrating their first christmas together. They’ve just finished with decorating their christmas tree in matching sweaters.jZuPyS6.png
    then they dressed up and ate turkey.

And finally Father Winter decided to join in on the festivities.
    JCcfgin.png
    UGmhjlj.png
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited December 2019
    My Sim reading a book by the warm and cozy fireplace next to her Christmas tree she just decorated :)

iLHF3K6.png

Some previous game pics from other years.
    Ku5LL92.png

DmmgBW6.png

MkCh4iR.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

My simself having a piece of the holiday cake that she made as well as having the other food that she fixed for her holiday dinner... :)
    0dfjoJll.png
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Learning about strange human customs.

cWh0lX9.png
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Brandi Newbie invited familymembers to winterfest celebration.
    49279832012_7c2e9a62b6_c.jpg

49279629211_0ea3d78fb8_c.jpg
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The Brannon-Lobo family is one of my favourite households. Diego fell in love and got married to his fitness trainer Deshawn and the couple adopted little Celeste; they gave her the forever home she deserved and she made them a family. These are pictures of their Winterfest celebration, decorating the tree togother. When Celeste found Father Winter putting down some more presents for her, she invited him to stay and rest for a while. And he was happy to have a good long chat with Celeste while the grown-ups got incredibly bored. :D

R46C8mR.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Tree decorating, a family affair for the Peterses. Not a lot of decor yet as they don't have a lot of simoleons.
    IRvcGt2.png
    Caroling

YWj1fJX.png
    Preparing the grand meal.
    qdxAAkT.png
    image.png
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    After being disowned by the Landgraabs, Johnny spent a lot of Winterfests on his own. Now he's in a relationship with Caleb, and living with him and Lilith in San Myshuno, and is having a grand time being able to celebrate the holidays with family.

Decorating the tree
    M3bJMBo.png

Tree selfies!
    DXl4GGz.png

Food! (Izzy invited himself over. He lives next door with his boyfriend Diego.)
    VuLmHPN.png

SANTA :D
    hz4FJPn.png

And, of course, mistletoe! <3
    e35sgzO.png
    MVBlHC2.png

(Full gallery of storytelling/images here!)
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    Not of my sims, but decorating is one of the fun things about christmas
    UaKCELY.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Not of my sims, but decorating is one of the fun things about christmas
    UaKCELY.png

It's a beautiful house. :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member

It's a beautiful house. :)

Thankyou :)

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    My most recent household is decorated for Winterfest. It isn't actually Winterfest for them but it happens to be winter in Brindleton Bay, so it looks as though it is - complete with snow and freezing temps. I built the house in the past week after they both graduated (and married, and had a toddler with another on the way). I'll probably be flipping to another household in the rotation soon but I will definitely come back. I enjoy that household.

Their lastname is Yarbrough. The husband, Dylan, is the son of two random townies that I paired off a while ago when I moved to rotational play. He ended up being a great match for Bjorn Bjergsen's 3rd daughter, Estelle. I've joked that Dylan is descended from pirates. Brindleton Bay is a good fit for them since it is rather nautical especially where they live which is across from the lounge/country club.

Anyway, I'm a little late since I was enjoying my own festive cheer but it was fun making the shot. The second baby arrived shortly afterward so I guess that was their Winterfest gift.

ld9oXl4.png
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    Christmas Party.
    gva1wNH.png
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    This year Saruman had bought and decorated a winterfest tree, even if he was not quite sure whether he was into celebrating Winterfest. At noon he spent some time at the local library and then he headed home to enjoy some good Winterfest food. In the evening Father Winter came to visit him, but after seeing Father Winter's golden beard Saruman figured he had to be an imposter.
    UQBVEZ3.png
    Therefore he fought him. There were gifts flying in the air and Saruman's friend who had come to visit him wasn't sure who she should root for.
    9LAnHu2.png
    In the end Saruman lost the fight. Humiliated he started to open the gifts, but after opening a gift that was full of sadness and lies, sneaking a peek of another gift and fighting and losing to Father Winter again (you can't be sure unless you try at least twice, right?), he resolved the situation with some magic and headed off to bed pleased with himself. Who knows, maybe he would celebrate Winterfest again next year!
    n4g4QHx.png
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    On the second day of Simsmas, Joy watches holiday movies.
    01-01-20_10-08-55-pm.png

A Simsmas Carol is a personal favorite as is The Grinch Who Stole Simsmas!.
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    edited January 2020
    My Sim Paola (red nails) celebrated Winterfest with her family at her parents house.

Idg4obi.png

Here she is making the turkey dinner with her sister.

aePPHNO.png

Thanks for the outfit idea @Nindl ;)<3