Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• chloemar2000chloemar2000 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’d like to see a space update pack. To add more technology advancements and aliens or aliens worlds. For example the hovering bed in the jupiter ascending movie is super cool, as well as all the different colored wild life or possible new alien pets. More space technology would be neat
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    So, there are no zombies in ROM, despite mages in TS2 could rise zombies with their spells.
    And now, there are no zombies in DU, despite they were main supernaturals in TS2 University.

We are really tired waiting.
  • Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    I would like to see more realistics interactions and subtle interactions. and please, poly relationships.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    gueina wrote: »
    I had the City Living pack for a while and just bought the Jungle Adventure pack (because I noticed there were some Latin American themed items) and I just found out that there's ethnic food to be "unlocked" in these packs!

I've always had my sims cook boring foods when this whole time there were *tons* of foods that I'm familiar with in the game, but there were just locked behind some silly mini-quests and "Culture" Skill.

I was born and raised in a very immigrant-popular town, and it seems silly that all these ethnic foods are locked and hidden away. Why can't my sims just automatically be able to cook and eat these foods by virtue of *being* ethnic.

Like seriously why do I have to raise my sims' "Selvadorada Culture" skill just so he can *eat* let alone cook buñuelos? I literally eat those all the time, especially since the holidays are in full swing.

Hey @gueina I hear ya, but I also like the fact that people should learn culture. Also, get City Living, go to the festivals and food carts and you will learn new recipes too.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    Naomi_tan wrote: »
    Erm... Im not allowed to make a new thread so.. I will leave my feedback here. I am playing with a pet lover right now and was trying to get hold of the friend of animals aspiration. I managed to get all the way to stage 4 of it and feel a little uncomfortable. See in order to get the final stage of this aspiration I need to play with 2 different ghost pets. which I think means I need to get pets to die... which.. is kinda cruel.. I would like to request this part removed from the aspiration as its kinda mean to have to murder 2 pets.. sorry if this post is a little dark but so is the subject matter :x

@Naomi_tan go to the Museum in Brindleton Bay at night. You will meet lots of ghost pets.There is a pet cemetary there. You do not need to kill your in game pets to fulfill that aspiration.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    I agree @roundpigeon the color swatches are horrible. At the very least they should make the colors consistent. Even in the same collection they don't have all the same colors or they will have a black that is a different black. Just drives me crazy that I can't make a cohesive sim house because the colors are so janky.

Clearly someone who is color blind or just doesn't care is making those swatches.

Simple fix -- have one person who is the keeper of the colors. They make sure that all colors match OR give us a dang on color wheel and we can do it ourselves. Don't say you can't do it, ya did it for the Cats and Dogs EP
  • Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 83 Member
    Hello, I have a very particular improvement I'd like to get which concerns mainly University and Outdoor Living, but ofc also the other parts if the layout applies. Since in university dorms there are no stoves allowed, cooking is reduced to horrid microwave dishes and such. Now I was just wondering why (given there's a fridge) it is not possible to still have the cook menu, but reduce it to all the dishes that don't require cooking like salads and such. This would allow sims to still make their own meals in decent quality without having the risks of allowing stoves in the dorms. In my opinion this would be a huge improvement and it wouldn't need any new menus, just distinguish between menus that need cooking / baking and those that don't.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Apologies in advance because this is long but I have lately been really thinking about what I would really like to see in a Sims game.

Because a lot of the content in games tend to be modern/future focused, it totally makes sense to do the reverse and have lots of older content as well. This would add CAS/BB content, but also there should be changes to gameplay mechanics as well. If you want to play in an older time period, certain modern innovations wouldn't exist or there would be alternatives to them. Example: landlines and typewriters rather than cellphones and laptops. It also has the potential to add new careers/jobs, new lots, and new worlds. This doesn't necessarily have to equate to a farming pack, but would mix things up a little in the same way that Occult content adds a new energy as well. And would also benefit the Occult players who want to be immersive without modern tech too. You could even have an Inventor career and Sims slowly invent things that then if you wanted could be implemented in the world. So fun, but also not mandatory for your Sims to feel like their lives are complete!

There should be an ability to create a new world. And also, shooting for the impossible here, some way to toggle off accessibility between worlds, if that makes sense. So, if you make a world that is supposed to exist pre-cellphone era, Sims living in the cellphone era can't just come into the world which would throw off the immersion and suspension of disbelief.

Also I just want more hobbies for my Sims to have things to do around the house that would allow for more individuality. For example, It seems like all Sims love to read even if they don't have a Bookworm trait. Why give any Sim that trait then? I want Sims who love to practice ballet and have the objects to do them and want to actively carry out these activities because it's WHO THEY ARE versus having to worry that another Sim would just randomly also start practicing ballet just because there's nothing else to do. Perhaps implementing some sort of Likes/Dislikes aspects. Oh! And this reminds me, Attraction, Turn Ons, and Turn Offs! Would love to see that back in game.

Would be cool if other Sims in the world could host events that then the currently played Sims could be invited to and attend. Think being invited to the Community lots or the rabbit hole events, except with things like birthday parties or weddings or social events.

I want bands. And more instruments. And more art forms for skills.

I want Sims to have perception and context of other Sims and what they do beyond more than just being a marker on their Relationship icon. If a Sim is sick, maybe they give a call to their neighbor who they know is a doctor asking for medical advice. Or if they go to ballet practice (hint hint), Sims are greeted by instructors and fellow dancers, and they practice together and maybe when class is over they actively say goodbye to one another in a way that seems unique to their interactions and relationships as dancers and classmates and friends (or rivals). Also! Depending on the personalities of some Sims, they just would or wouldn't be found on some lots. Like, Sims who hate dancing and crowds would avoid bars and nightclubs. I don't like how Townies or other Playable Sims will constantly show up at any lot no matter what the lot is. I just want my Sims to be smarter. T_T

An expansion on Clubs would be nice. New club icons, new club activities (which would work if Hobbies and Interactions greatly expanded).

I wish the object grid could be even smaller than one tile. There are so many decoration objects that I would love to place alongside other objects if only their tile was smaller. I prefer playing without cheats so I don't want to have to use MoveObjects to do this.

A more refined shopping system, similar to TS2. I would love to create lots like grocery stores and clothing stores that aren't necessarily owned by another playable Sim but still fully functional retail lots. This would help expand on lot types, especially for players who don't care as much about going to places like Nightclubs, Lounges, and Bars (which let's be honest are all the same lot type in many ways).

More careers. And also, maybe this is possible in the game and I just haven't discovered it, but some way to pause a Sim on a certain level of their careers. I know you could just have them not level up in skills or maintain an average performance which would prohibit promotions, but I like the idea that Sims actively choose to want to be whatever is the level 3 of the Politics career, for example. Not every Sim wants to be Leader of the Free World, so having the ability to pause them on a certain career stage without stagnating their skill building, or implying that they are only average at their job, would be FANTASTIC. Because someone can be the most charismatic individual, but still aspire to be a social justice worker.

Lastly, I want a lot of this to be implemented into the Base Game. That's very important to me. I realized recently that in its own way, a video game is a living thing in the sense that it has the capacity to grow. I see no reason why just because EPs, GPs, and SPs continue to be released, that the Base Game can't continue to grow on its own. And the devs have proved via patches that they can implement game mechanics long after the Base Game's release. I think that devs should remember that while Packs are fun add-ons, they shouldn't be what's holding up the entire game. That's why the Base Game exists; it's the core of the entire series and they should constantly be thinking about how they can strengthen the core.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    Wearwolfs!
    Witches!
    Generations!
    Amusement parks!
    Apocalyptic world!
    Zombies are a must!
    Farming!
    Romance pack!
    Another strangerville type pack!
    Fairies!
    Genies!
    Hobbies!
    Dragons! 
    But most importantly of all I'd be super happy if they just gave us a pack to focus entirely on
    Togetherness and interactions such as holding hands walking, being about to carry a sleepy child on the hip like a toddler, pillow fights, tag, Marco polo, spin the bottle, imaginary games, cuddling that's actually cuddling in the beds and couches, slow dancing and fast dance, piggy back rides, and carrying other sims, walking toddlers in strollers, family board games, being able to sit on the floor anywhere and have a picnic, teaching kids to ride a bike, toddlers able to crawl, etc. I would love to see those kind of things come to the sims4 more than anything 🙈🙈🙈

One like....Get Together? :D:D:D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    WHIMS that make sense. The game without whims, want, or fears, is boring and pointless.
  • procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    Something done about the camera when a sim is moving around on campus....it's mental....zooms in zooms out goes all over the place....
  • AlexisCelesteAlexisCeleste Posts: 5 New Member
    I'd like for royalties to go to the household after the sim dies.
  • AlexisCelesteAlexisCeleste Posts: 5 New Member
    I also think there should be more human interactions to build charisma since only a few of them do
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    The military career from Strangerville and the photography career from Moschino should be released for the base game in a patch, specifically for some players who don't own either pack.

No.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Young Adults desperately need to be differentiated from Adults.

And babies badly need an update. Like a baby carrier, so that you can carry your baby with you to feed and change them, a few items of clothes, the ability to crawl around and perhaps be read to.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Hi there, I think one of the biggest improvement the devs can make to sims is....

Bring back the cheat to move sims i.e. the previous 'move_objects' on in older editions. Maybe there is a good reason why it is disabled (people torturing sims etc) but I think a lot of people play sims with a story in mind. I like to take 'screenshot stories' and having this cheat is so handy, its amazing what you can portray by moving sims to the right location with their gestures frozen in place.
  • AncientcivAncientciv Posts: 55 Member
    Bunk beds
    teens being shorter than adult
    more go to work careers
    create a world
    there's so much more I can add
  • haydendamian_97haydendamian_97 Posts: 63 Member
    Hear me out, have anyone heard of MC Command Center?? If you have, awesome!! Maxis should make its own and incorporate it within the game!!
    Hayden Damian, geography buff, aviation buff, likes video games......
  • TullyB123_TullyB123_ Posts: 1 New Member
    I would really like to see a lounge option on couches. I hate seeing my sim sit up straight like a weirdo lol
  • lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2019
    Since the possibility to swim in open water in Sulani and the University world I'd like to see that in the other worlds as well (especially Windenberg and Brindleton Bay)
    It feels weird to walk on the beach at Brindleton Bay and not being able to walk into the water and take a dip.
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    Hello,

I'd like to see these things in the game:

- Romantic stuff and actions: slow dancing, more romantic options, star-signs, love compatibility, having a walk together while chatting, etc.
    - A big world that we can customize. Something different like icelandic theme (we already have two warm worlds) with cascades, mountains, icebergs, glaciars, swimmable lakes like The Blue Lagoon. Outdoor activities like skiing, collecting different photos of Northern Lights, Geology job, vulcanos, new rocks, bring back from TS3 the table with which you could covert gems/crystals to make new things, make ice sculptures, seals, penguins, creating and managing a resort (it also could be added to Sulani)... the possibilities are endless.
    - I guess asking for a graveyard is out of the question due to the game rating but... maybe the Grocery? You could sell your produce of your farm...
    - The posibility of having more than one house or at least a new job: investor. You could invest in commercial venues so you get a profit each week....

Thanks.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    More holiday destinations - theme park, different worlds and cultures.

More things to do with produce - canning, pickling, preserving.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Everything from sims 1 sims 2 and sims 3 that makes the game less boring maybe? :D
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • HeadSimHeadSim Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like to see the fathers of baby sims interact with the children. They act as if there are no children in the household.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top