Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two installation options in game box?

I just opened my new Discover University and Island Living and inside each game case was a disk and two ways to install. 1) Via the disk and 2) Via Origin.
Now that I saw two versions I'm hesitant about installing them because I don't know what one is correct.

I would also like to know if, say I use the code to install it could I give the disk and code to someone so they can use it too or is it just two installation options? This is just a question. I'm not trying to break any rules or anything.

P.S. I bought the games at Target and I was not expecting to find a disk inside just a game code.

Please help. I plan on installing at least one of them either tonight or tomorrow after I get home from seeing Star Wars. (My brother's Christmas gift to me)
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    I just opened my new Discover University and Island Living and inside each game case was a disk and two ways to install. 1) Via the disk and 2) Via Origin.
    Now that I saw two versions I'm hesitant about installing them because I don't know what one is correct.

I would also like to know if, say I use the code to install it could I give the disk and code to someone so they can use it too or is it just two installation options? This is just a question. I'm not trying to break any rules or anything.

P.S. I bought the games at Target and I was not expecting to find a disk inside just a game code.

Please help. I plan on installing at least one of them either tonight or tomorrow after I get home from seeing Star Wars. (My brother's Christmas gift to me)

If it came with 2 ways to install, then either way would be correct. There is really no "wrong" way.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited December 2019
    You can't give the disk to someone else after you have installed it in your comp. Ultimately, it will be going though your Origin. The disk is just there for someone who may be running low on data and might not have a lot of broadband left to download the game files.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Both the disk and the digital download will have the same code to install. Once the code is used, it can't be used on another account to install.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @DeKay and @LaBlue0314, thank you for answering my question about the code and the disk.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.