The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which did you vote for?

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Granny Chic
    I see pink is in the lead again...grumble.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited December 2019
    DIY Delight
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I see pink is in the lead again...grumble.

It's interesting, because there's a similar poll (to the point where I'd expect the threads to be combined) in the Community Pack 2 section where Granny is winning, but here DIY is winning.

Which means this may be closer than I expected (I expect Granny to win. Still voted for DIY though. I'm willing to gamble that there are color options besides the ones shown in order to get that sweet, sweet project table (perfect for blocking knit sweaters and blankets without taking up the dining room table) and wheeled craft caddy - or something significantly similar, since this is just the art style
  • SribindiSribindi Posts: 261 Member
    DIY Delight
    I voted for DIY Delight, actually because I don't see it as a granny pack at all.

DIY Delight looks the most as a kind of small knitwear designer studio, and this is the way I see it.

Knitting is not tied to our granny, it existed way before her. The oldest knitted pieces (socks) that have been discovered are from the 11th century, found in Egypt. It didn't stop after our granny either, it is still here and a very living thing. I guess we all have knitted wear in our wardrobe, though not made by ourselves, but by a new generation of creative designers.

The picture of only our grannies knitting on the bench in the garden , or on the couch in front of a cozy fireplace, is just one small view in this book of pictures.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Cozy Craft Workshop
    The other two are too... extreme.
    The granny is too grandmotherly for me and the other one is too pastely :D .
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Cozy Craft Workshop
    After a lot of thought, I decided to vote Cozy Crafts. Cozy furniture and outfits can always be used. DIY seems too plastic, Granny Chic looks colourful in the worst way possible. Although I really like the little details in the last one. Also the outfits - god do they look horrible in Granny Chic. Honestly I'd be happy even with DIY just because of the clothes.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Granny Chic
    Wow, that looks like a narrow race :D
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    DIY Delight
    DeKay wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Don't really care and not voting cuz I'm sick of non modern stuff in the packs. 😒

I feel you DeKay . I look at the items from Freeplay and they are so all so modern/current and gorgeously designed.... I don't play it, it's plum, but it does have gourgeous objects. A waste of a designer right there. The clothes for these packs all look like recolors of assets we already have... it's so disappointing. I do like some of the objects in the concept art though.

Yeah, but then again, I don't know how they can make a knitting theme be modern anyways. Hahaha.

Yes, but they've had multiple other occasions where they could go all out on good locking furniture and didn't.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    DIY Delight
    Not everyone owns Cats and Dogs. I don't because I didn't want to return to the days of not being able to control pets and I heard that they get sick a lot, particularly strays. I'd rather interact with my real-life cats anyway. So with those things in mind I haven't a clue what CAS and other items are included in the pack because I've no intention of buying it. I might actually get this pack though.

That's not an excuse. This old country house, elderly themed style is already in TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    Granny Chic
    I Might but this pack
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    DIY Delight
    All the CAS styles look the same to me 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Granny Chic
    i voted for granny chic
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Granny Chic
    Most of the DIY I'd swear we have in the game already, and I'm really tired of the "modern trends" angle of Sims 4. Plus, it looks like a sewing room, not a knitting room, and it's boring. It's my least favorite so it will probably win. :s

The Cozy Crafts was the first one I was drawn to because it looks more unisex, but again, I'd swear we already have that furniture. But it looks more like a pottery or glass workshop to me.

So I chose granny for the Elder stereotype because I like older style furniture, it has character, and the clothing didn't look like it was all made by a seven year old. Plus, I actually saw some objects I like. The cuckoo clock, hanging plants, ball of yarn (for my cats), and tea set. I could use this pack in my senior home household for a few of my "old fashioned" Elders.

Anyway, I voted for Happy Haunts so it's not that big of a deal to me in the end.
    #Team Occult
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Granny Chic
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    MrSunshine wrote: »
    I voted art concepts with highest skirt length to pants ratio.

Lol idk what this means but it made me laugh

Based on CAS concept, i found that granny chic have the longest skirts. I am a sucker for long skirt, after all.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Granny Chic
    Not everyone owns Cats and Dogs. I don't because I didn't want to return to the days of not being able to control pets and I heard that they get sick a lot, particularly strays. I'd rather interact with my real-life cats anyway. So with those things in mind I haven't a clue what CAS and other items are included in the pack because I've no intention of buying it. I might actually get this pack though.

That's not an excuse. This old country house, elderly themed style is already in TS4.

So because a decor style is in one pack it shouldn't be in another one?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Granny Chic
    Granny. I love the style and clothes with it
    DIY Delight

That's what I was told when I was asking for a more Bohemian/Hippy style - that it was in Laundry day and Movie night.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Cozy Craft Workshop
    I voted without seeing the options first. I wish I'd voted DIY now that I've seen them. :D
    Granny Chic
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

That's what I was told when I was asking for a more Bohemian/Hippy style - that it was in Laundry day and Movie night.

I don't own either of those. I'm going to get Laundry Day when it goes on sale though. I just think that there is room for themes that link to one another across packs.
    DIY Delight

I don't own either of those. I'm going to get Laundry Day when it goes on sale though. I just think that there is room for themes that link to one another across packs.

I actually agree in general, but I don't like that particular furniture style (old country house musty and washed out colors - which is a huge part of why I don't use a lot of the Cats and Dogs furniture.)

My point was more that others aren't likely to find "I don't have it because I don't want the pack it comes in" to be particularly persuasive.
    Granny Chic

I actually agree in general, but I don't like that particular furniture style (old country house musty and washed out colors - which is a huge part of why I don't use a lot of the Cats and Dogs furniture.)

My point was more that others aren't likely to find "I don't have it because I don't want the pack it comes in" to be particularly persuasive.

Probably not but I can't be the only one who might be interested in something but not want to buy the pack it comes with. I have definitely heard of people who bought Vampires for the items despite not wanting the actual vampires.

I tend not to like a lot of the modern stuff, personally. It may come of being something of a history buff.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Only voted for this concept as it’s the least worst and as it’s a free vote. I don’t like any of them and think think they are all quite bland. I don’t understand why knitting is so popular it sounds so boring. I get the game needs hobbies for non young adult sims but knitting is one I don’t want and don’t get the hype about. I did want happy haunts mainly for either the freelance psychic career and seance stuff but hey ho its knitting that won. Also I think the design choices look a lot like cats and dogs and see nothing new in them.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    DIY Delight
    Mis-clicked - Cozy was my pick, DIY was my second. I liked the clean, styled craft room in Cozy best - it reflects the way I like to play.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    DIY Delight
    I chose DIY because it almost looks like you could pretend your Sims are doing any kind of crafts, not just knitting. It reminds me a little of my craft room, minus the pink.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    DIY Delight
    The only reason for my vote is because the other two look like they reused everything we already have in game. DIY Delight looks like fresh content. Hoping that's the case. Although I wouldn't mind more of the elder theme. Elders don't get a lot of content. They need more.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited December 2019
    Granny Chic
    I voted for granny chic because I thought it looked the least like stuff we already have in game and I could get a lot of use out of the different objects! But I liked DIY a lot too would be my second choice for sure. I’d be happy with either.