Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rooms recreated with existing objects

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,808 Member
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    neat idea!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    The pink one definitely looks even less appealing to me now, and it was always my least favourite.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I see more items that are "subbed in" in the pink room than the Granny room. I mean, yes, they're all subbed in, but imo, the ones in the pink room look more like placeholders than the ones in the Granny room. At least for the non-clutter items (chairs, desk, etc.)

Colors themselves have never bothered me, since I'm sure we'll have multiple swatches, so much as I'm a non-fan of pink, I still prefer the pink room. (And when I say non-fan, I'm underselling. I almost didn't tell anyone I was having a girl just because I didn't want a bunch of pink stuff at the inevitable baby shower. What pink we did get was among the first stuff to go when we needed room. And before you ask, she prefers purple even now some 20 years later.)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So we pretty much have everything in room 2 already besides yarn everywhere and the décor tools its dropped a spot for me the pink room has moved into second. Granny still winning as it actually transforms the items with yarn changing their style like hanging yarn plants and so on if my Sim is a knitter I need more than a room with yarn laying everywhere to show it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I was waiting for someone to do this.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Glad I saw this thread by conincidence, because now I know that notifications aren't working for me. :D
    Anyway @simgirl1010, with the items currently in the game, I was not able to get close to the CAS outfits - at least not while creating outfits I would have any Sim actually wear. I still tried to do something because I thought it was interesting. The results are under the spoilers.

Granny Chic
    i5PfpfJ.jpg

Cozy Craft Workshop
    wflCWDj.jpg

DIY Delight
    Xzd1jKL.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited December 2019
    I actually don't think the Granny stuff is that similar. The window shape in the door is different. The Granny lamp is more of a Tiffany lamp. The cubby is totally different. The other stuff is subtly different. The chair from C&D is a stiff-backed New England-style of chair rather than an old "Lazy Boy". I know this stuff is just a mock up but I don't think it is that similar.

Cozy has some similarities but isn't the same. The stuff I particularly like is stuff that we don't have.

DIY interests me even less now. I had the feeling that I had seen that stuff before. It's not a case of just disliking the colors.

As for the clothing mock ups, other than the sweater for men in Granny, these really aren't that similar. Most of the clothing mock ups look new in terms of new patterns and styles. What some people are saying is similar really doesn't look that way to me. The clothes for cozy don't look remotely the same other than the men's sweater having a similar shape (that I happen to like).

Being able to wear a sweater over a dress doesn't make two outfits the same to me if they are styled very differently, for example. The existence of any long skirts in the game doesn't mean that there should never be new ones. I don't just want new recolors but I like having different options that can sometimes be subtle.

I will say that I think they could have added more unique items to Cozy to make it more competitive.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    If the part about the "clothing mock ups" is referring to my post, I already said in the post that I did not come close to recreating the outfits with the items in the game.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Honestly, after seeing these, I am kind of wishing I made a different choice. It also makes me realize that there are a lot of similar items between existing packs. :p
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,808 Member
    @Netzspannung I can see some similarity in all three of your recreations. Enough in fact that had I seen them earlier I might have voted differently. 🙂
    @simgirl1010 I think it would have been possible to get closer to the outfits by using CC, specifically jackets and cardigans that have been separated from the outfits and can be used to layer because they slot into an accessory slot. But I still don't regret trying to make outfits inspired by the concept art. I will use some of those in my game.
    Regarding BB I think they used items that look similar to what we have in the game because these are just concepts. Why would they create the art for three whole sets of new styles before the community decided what they want? As soon as the style has been decided they will start creating more unique looking items. So I think it is advisable to go with the overall look and aesthetics and not focus so much on the details at this point.

we all try ...
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Looking again, with the CAS versions, I honestly think how much we see the concepts as "like stuff we already have" depends on how much we want more of "that stuff we already have" The more we want that style, the less we see the concepts as meeting it to justify asking for more.

I see Granny Chic as very much in the same style as Cats and Dogs - and I use very little of the Comfort or CAS items from that pack, and don't want more.

I see DIY Delight and Cozy Comforts as something more new/different (moreso DIY Delight), but I can get where others see them as being too similar to stuff we already have.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    @Netzspannung - I was just using the term "mock up" because these are all hypothetical prototypes rather than specific objects for the game. I commented on them being different because I don't think the idea of dismissing a pack due to similarity applies when it comes to the clothes. I say that even about clothes that I don't like or that don't interest me.

@DaWaterRat - It's a fair point that a player probably notices content that they don't want almost more than content that they do or certainly that they are just ok with accepting. Personally, I don't have a problem with building on existing content as long as the objects aren't identical. MFPS didn't really interest me because clothing for pets wasn't that interesting to me. I could understand the complaints about leaving items out of Pets to sell later as a stuff pack but for me it was really that the concept wasn't that interesting.

Sure, I think the items from C&D are cute. They are also a specific style. The stiff-backed furniture is like a hybrid of New England and Coastal. The stuff from the Granny concept is a bit different than that though likely compatible. The door in Granny with a fan window and wreath is not the same as a solid door with square windows on top, just as an example.

I'm sure there are styles that haven't been covered in the game yet, at the same time, it makes sense that people might want to build on items that they already have. I think it's more noticeable when you are less fond of certain items in a stuff pack. In packs where you are getting more of other content, you might tolerate items that you don't want. It's also a bit unrealistic to expect that everyone has the same taste. It's better when they allow for a bit more flexibility. In this case, I think the vote is fairly split. I also think Cozy would have done better if they added more new details to it beyond the detailed materials for knitting.

It seems like they are using this as a way to gather ideas for other content so whatever doesn't win might show up in other formats.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Mona_LottMona_Lott Posts: 18 Member
    I'm sad to find out about this thread now... It would've helped me to choose the ones that they can't recolor and sell to us as something new... Oh, wait... Everything looks like something we alreaady have in the game!