Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vote 2 (closed) - Art style

Comments

• wfblake1wfblake1 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @ListentoToppDogg said:
    > I went with Granny Chic. It was always my favorite room design, but the CAS options were really cute too.
    >
    > Idk how voting went down last time since I wasn't here for it, but I thought it was very weird that we didn't see any CAS options with toddlers (or teens for that matter). I sure hope toddlers don't get left out of this pack. I want to be able to knit clothes for the little ones too.

Teens and Adults have the same clothes, that's why they don't appear to get anything.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I've not voted yet, but I don't quite understand why we need to pick just one of these styles? I mean, if DIY wins, can't we still get the round knitted rug from the granny chick concept? You guys focus a lot on what items are shown in the pics, like voting an option because of one objects even if you like another option the more as total. Also, it's a sketch, items will not look exactly like this in the final pack, and there will probably be more items, too. I'm afraid this voting might be a bit unclear, and that we vote on the wrong premises.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I haven't voted yet but mainly because I don't like what I see...

Granny "Chic":
    * The build stuff looks like a lot of stuff we already have in the game. Basically all the stuff I've never used and never will use.
    * The elder outfit reminds me of my late great-grandmother's nightgown with a jacket over it :# But maybe that's just the color.
    * The female jacket looks exactly like a jacket we already got with JA.
    * The man's sweater looks like the free winter holidays sweater we got last year (or two years ago) in a free update.
    * The kid's sweater is cute. Only thing I like here tho :sweat_smile: *

Cozy Craft Workshop:
    * The build stuff once again reminds me way too much about other stuff we already have... The armed chair looks like the one from base game, the curtains like the ones from CL, we already have both kinds of lamps, ...
    * I hope there's not another desk. We have too many desks by now :joy:
    * The elder outfit looks like a hippie nana. Kida like that :D
    * The woman's outfit is ok, tho I personally don't like glitter or any patches on blue jeans. Holes are ok tho :D
    * If the man was black he could be Dominik Fyres who got a "makeover" where he only changed the colors of his clothes...
    * Are that ears on the kid's cap? If so, cute.

DIY Delight:
    * Like the design of the crafting table. This way it's easier to not mix it up with the work bench :joy:
    * The lights and the curtains look cool.
    * At first I thought the chair in the left corner is a rocking chair :D Would be cool if it was.
    * The elder's outfit is totally crazy :D Kinda cool. I can see it been worn by a madlad.
    * The woman's outfit is ok, nothing special tho.
    * I really love that the man's pants cover his ankles. I hate ankle free pants and almost all the pants for men we got in the last then thousand packs were ankle free. ugh. Please more pants like this one! :)
    * The kid's outfit looks ok but kina familiar, too.

I guess I'll vote DYI Delight because I'm the least disappointed with that one. But I guess the one I think looks the ugliest will win lol If so, this will be the first pack I won't buy. Ever.

(Wouldn't it been super cool to have elders talk with their late friends via the ouija board? Well, that would be a cool hobby :D )
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Cozy I could get behind, but can anyone of retirement age or beyond, on this forum, weigh in on that? Are the older baby boomers really embracing the rocking chair and knitting needles? I thought that was millennial women! :p *running with head covered*

I don't think so, most of the ones I know don't go in for the cliched look that you see in Granny Chic. I think Cosy crafts is a better fit for modern day elders. If they have anything like in the room, it's because they inherited it from their grandmother (my nickname for this pack is Great Great Granny Chic).

tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    [...]

(Wouldn't it been super cool to have elders talk with their late friends via the ouija board? Well, that would be a cool hobby :D )

I'm sorry, but the elders would have to knit the Ouija board first.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    [...]

I'm sorry, but the elders would have to knit the Ouija board first.

And hide the knitting needles or else the ghost might stab them :joy:
  • reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    edited December 2019
    This is why I absolutely didn’t want this pack... there’s nothing that’s real original compared to other packs. Those art styles look suspiciously similar to Parenthood and Laundry Days to me. The only thing remotely original is DIY, but even then I’m not exited at all. :/ Conbination of University and Pets anyone? I could get behind glass working for arts and crafts but this is what you get for choosing knitting.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Once again I'm torn because there are things in all of them that I like.
    I wish everything from these public votes could just exist. All the ideas are always so amazing!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    LSM36 wrote: »
    I chose DIY, the serious craft workshop was an almost. Can we do lots of other crafts too? Will woodworking get expanded too?!😯

It's just knitting people. And don't go expecting rocking chairs, this is a SP, their budget is already small as is!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    I've not voted yet, but I don't quite understand why we need to pick just one of these styles? I mean, if DIY wins, can't we still get the round knitted rug from the granny chick concept? You guys focus a lot on what items are shown in the pics, like voting an option because of one objects even if you like another option the more as total. Also, it's a sketch, items will not look exactly like this in the final pack, and there will probably be more items, too. I'm afraid this voting might be a bit unclear, and that we vote on the wrong premises.

I wish we had the option to rate them like previously instead of voting for just one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    A lot might not agree but I would love to have a sims 4 store. We should be able to choose variety of these packs. Suppose I want all 3? I'm willing to pay for it if it's what I want. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would have liked to rate them. I liked some elements of Granny and Cozy. I voted for Cozy because I preferred the style generally and I can see how I would incorporate it in the game. Most of my elders are not that stereotypical. I'll be ok if Granny wins though. I do see what it would add to the game. I like the idea of the loft/factory/converted warehouse because I'd like adding that to my game.

I've mentioned this but I'm really not that interested in DIY. If that wins, this might go into the "would only buy if bundled" category for me. It's not a style that I really need more of and I don't have a specific way that I would use it much. The concepts for CAS/BB for it don't really interest me either. I guess I think of it as "annoyingly cute".

I still like being able to vote. I wish they would let us rank the categories though. Yes, I know these are just general mock ups but it tells me a lot about how I might use a pack. I guess I'm very motivated by art styles.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited December 2019
    I honestly cant decide between Granny Chic And Cosy Craft Workshop I look the look of the BB stuff of Granny Chic more, but both are good, but I really like the workbench and prefer the clothes in Cosy Craft Workshop
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • EdibleTrashEdibleTrash Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly, elders don't get enough love. Granny chic seemed the best to go considering how boring gameplay is with 'em
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    DIY Delight
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Honestly, knitting?! It means nothing to me, I couldn't even be bothered to vote cor one of the knitting alternatives. For my kind of gameplay, which is very storybased https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQN_kiFGY44 I have a hard time of seeing how this can improve storytelling.
    I think it is a big misstake to leave it up to voting what kind of pack to release, as a customer we don't take a long time consideration how the game should evolve, it is a spur of the momënt discission. It is up to the creater to take long time decissions. This may be the first pack I don't buy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQN_kiFGY44
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    A lot might not agree but I would love to have a sims 4 store. We should be able to choose variety of these packs. Suppose I want all 3? I'm willing to pay for it if it's what I want. :D

Every time I load up my game and see that bouncing bunny and llama, I’m reminded how we don’t have a store to add any additional content.

I need for them to either start releasing a pack a month or set up some type of store so we can buy items that didn’t make it into previous packs or something. I’ve got money to spend but there’s nothing else I can buy.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey, quick reminder to keep things on topic please! This topic is about the second vote - for anything different, a different thread! ;)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    wfblake1 wrote: »
    > @ListentoToppDogg said:
    > I went with Granny Chic. It was always my favorite room design, but the CAS options were really cute too.
    >
    > Idk how voting went down last time since I wasn't here for it, but I thought it was very weird that we didn't see any CAS options with toddlers (or teens for that matter). I sure hope toddlers don't get left out of this pack. I want to be able to knit clothes for the little ones too.

Teens and Adults have the same clothes, that's why they don't appear to get anything.

@wfblake1 I didn't say they didn't get anything. I guess I assumed we'd see Sims of all ages wearing different outfits geared to them. But I guess that'll happen in the next vote since it's specifically the CAS vote.
  • daughtermitchelldaughtermitchell Posts: 59 Member
    Is it free because I think WE made, so why would we pay?
  • 4ri4n44ri4n4 Posts: 9 New Member
    > Cozy Craft Workshop Looks amazing!
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    The friday video said that the stuff in the pictures are not what we are picking right now, but the aesthetic feel. So if I pick cozy craft workshop, it doesn't me I can't get those hanging plants in the granny home right?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Is it free because I think WE made, so why would we pay?

Did you read that fine print at the bottom of the survey? That’s saying the pack will not be free just because we vote, nor will we receive any sort of compensation for our contributions.
  • sassyvivensassyviven Posts: 67 Member
    I picked Granny Chic, love the style. It reminds me of my grannies home with the chair and dolies on the furnishings
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I loved them all.

Laundry Day was quite the success. So I hope this one can pull off the same end result..

I would love a rocking chair ! Any kind of addition of an arts & craft is welcome in my game play.

I am glad the gurus thought of asking us - the game players again..

Happy Holidays everyone !

Diane Pinkus

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top