Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vote 2 (closed) - Art style

Comments

• February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    :o The outfits do look rather bad! Looks like they've all been shopping down the op shop!
    Anyway, that aside, I voted for the granny pack, it'll stop me from killing my elders off once they've got nothing else to do!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • ThunderstormSimsThunderstormSims Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m voting for DIY Delight.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I was gonna go with Granny Chic, but then I noticed it didn't have a workbench. So I picked DIY, 'cause that worktable is pretty cool.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    The pack theme is good, but it's not that great. Even more, the art style is just so-so. They could have a rocking chair for the granny chic concept as a selling point, or a knitting machine for cozy craft workshop, or even traditional wooden weaving loom for the DIY Delight? Everything is just so-so & it's even harder for me specifically to make a choice. It's harder to make a choice on something that is not impressive. The CAS concept is not that great either. Why there's no shawls for the CAS or big socks for decoration? I can't see any of this can be integrated with GTW retail except for GT. And worse, why does the voting only have 1 question to be asked & nothing about how we can help to give out our opinion on the next poll? I hate for being negative, but this need to be called out.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I voted Granny for the hanging plants, and because I need more clothes to dress Elder Sims in. I hope it comes with a rocking chair
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    The pack theme is good, but it's not that great. Even more, the art style is just so-so. They could have a rocking chair for the granny chic concept as a selling point, or a knitting machine for cozy craft workshop, or even traditional wooden weaving loom for the DIY Delight? Everything is just so-so & it's even harder for me specifically to make a choice. It's harder to make a choice on something that is not impressive. The CAS concept is not that great either. Why there's no shawls for the CAS or big socks for decoration? I can't see any of this can be integrated with GTW retail except for GT. And worse, why does the voting only have 1 question to be asked & nothing about how we can help to give out our opinion on the next poll? I hate for being negative, but this need to be called out.

exactly! from knitters point of view I don't understand how this is knitting pack and yet the concept arts are everything but knitting it drives me mad

like if u gonna do knitting give us some good knitted stuff we don't have in the game such as big warm knitted scarfs, mittens, woolly socks etc. not that fabricy summer wear that has not seen a knitting needle

same goes for the b/b there should definitely be more KNITTED stuff and yet we just see samples of macrame embroidery, looms, sewing tables and whatever that has nothing to do with knitting whatsoever

like don't get me wrong them decorations are cute but honestly whoever looked at modern ikea furnitures and thought "oh yes knitting" I don't quite understand where you are coming from p_p
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited December 2019
    Currently we are just looking at concept art, which means they will start working on the look of the objects that will make it into the pack after that has been decided. If this is anything like the last pack we voted on, we will be able to pick specific items for the pack later on. I just think that it might be a bit early to be disappointed about the details when this is just the concept.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    DYI seems it will keep from being trapped in a design box. I'm thrilled we'll be able to knit... Perhaps produce actual items? It would be nice to have crafts to show for all the work.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited December 2019
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    Do toddlers get any clothes? :(

I'm sorry, but I literally laughed out loud at your question... lol We all know how this pack will go when it comes to outfits... adult male sims will get like two shirts and one pair of pants. Children will get like four shirts (both genders will share them) and two pairs of pants (again, both genders will share them). Child female Sims might get like ONE special shirt just for them... and toddlers will get nothing.

And young adult female Sims will get 20 new shirts, 20 new pants, 10 full outfits, and several new hairstyles (all of them being slightly differently textured version of ones we've already gotten). Along with dozens of accessories... and none of it will have anything to do with the actual pack itself.

This is literally every Sims pack... lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    I don't understand why we can't have a hobby pack. I don't have a problem with knitting being added to the game; I'm always welcomed to having more "everyday" content. But why would I want to spend $10 to put ONE activity in my game? You guys should make a GP or EP with multiple new hobbies, activities and skills. The Sims 2 Freetime gave us this and the Sims 3 Ambitions gave us this. I really enjoyed DU and I think it's the best pack since Seasons but this knitting pack seems like another step back
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    they're all pretty boring. i hate to be that person, but imagine how cool this would be if ya'll picked happy haunts over knitting

and imagine how much of that good happy haunts gameplay would be sweeped under dusty carpet due trying to fit it in stuff pack and how we would end up with likely very slim slice of the gameplay described and never see rest of it

#happy haunts for full gp
    # knitting for stuff pack

you know what, you've got a point. checkmate
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    me looking at these sad cas choices
    4npJP34.png
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

To add on to my previous comment: I wouldn't be so adverse to a knitting stuff pack if the sim gurus were inclined to remake assets for newer packs and updates. In the Sims 3, if you wanted to have laundry in your game, you could download Ambitions, University, Town Life, or go to the Sims 3 Store. But in the Sims 4, you are restricted to one pack for laundry with a specific style: wicker baskets. I don't want this for knitting, especially since it's a artistic activity and everybody has different tastes. Picking an art style wouldn't be so upsetting if there was hope for you guys would make more knitting items in future packs, but judging by the Sims 4 history, it does not look that way. I shouldn't have to rely on cc to give me more options

-Social Worker, probably
    > @tweedle said:
    > To add on to my previous comment: I wouldn't be so adverse to a knitting stuff pack if the sim gurus were inclined to remake assets for newer packs and updates. In the Sims 3, if you wanted to have laundry in your game, you could download Ambitions, University, Town Life, or go to the Sims 3 Store. But in the Sims 4, you are restricted to one pack for laundry with a specific style: wicker baskets. I don't want this for knitting, especially since it's a artistic activity and everybody has different tastes. Picking an art style wouldn't be so upsetting if there was hope for you guys would make more knitting items in future packs, but judging by the Sims 4 history, it does not look that way. I shouldn't have to rely on cc to give me more options

Sorry for the typos, I'm tired, haha!

-Social Worker, probably
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I chose DIY, the serious craft workshop was an almost. Can we do lots of other crafts too? Will woodworking get expanded too?!😯
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    In the end, I went with DIY. The BB items seem the most versatile, as long as we get a good variety of color swatches. I would like Cozy's rooster & Granny's macrame plant hangers, though, please.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I voted for Granny Chic.
    This pack is the only one ever on Sims 4 that I have absolutely zero interest on, but I still voted. I don't know how they're going to make knitting interesting. It sounds like a big borefest, but I hope I'll be positively surprised.
    My elders are usually doing whatever they want, I don't control them much anymore, but I guess now I can force them to knit if I have a heart to steal their old age freedom.

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    tweedle wrote: »
    To add on to my previous comment: I wouldn't be so adverse to a knitting stuff pack if the sim gurus were inclined to remake assets for newer packs and updates. In the Sims 3, if you wanted to have laundry in your game, you could download Ambitions, University, Town Life, or go to the Sims 3 Store. But in the Sims 4, you are restricted to one pack for laundry with a specific style: wicker baskets. I don't want this for knitting, especially since it's a artistic activity and everybody has different tastes. Picking an art style wouldn't be so upsetting if there was hope for you guys would make more knitting items in future packs, but judging by the Sims 4 history, it does not look that way. I shouldn't have to rely on cc to give me more options

Now that you mention it... other options for Laundry would be nice... They could've at least given us 2 different styles of washer/dryer
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don't like any of the clothes, but Cozy was the lesser of the 3 evils for me
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I voted for Granny Chic...figured we might as well go all out with the granny theme here. Cozy Craft Workshop was my second choice and DIY Delight third, because it has a pink theme about it.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I voted Granny Chic because I like the clothes the best.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    Do toddlers get any clothes? :(

I'm sorry, but I literally laughed out loud at your question... lol We all know how this pack will go when it comes to outfits... adult male sims will get like two shirts and one pair of pants. Children will get like four shirts (both genders will share them) and two pairs of pants (again, both genders will share them). Child female Sims might get like ONE special shirt just for them... and toddlers will get nothing.

And young adult female Sims will get 20 new shirts, 20 new pants, 10 full outfits, and several new hairstyles (all of them being slightly differently textured version of ones we've already gotten). Along with dozens of accessories... and none of it will have anything to do with the actual pack itself.

This is literally every Sims pack... lol

Say that louder for the people at the back.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2019
    Although originally I was going to go for Granny, I decided to go for Cozy instead. Granny is way too colourful. Although I would love a cuckoo clock... Also the outfits! Those friggin Granny Chic outfits! Gahh, could they be any more horrible :tired_face:
    Honestly, I like the DIY clothes the most so I'll be happy if that wins too.
    Also no toddlers clothing yet again makes me so sad... :disappointed:
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I'm not too opposed to any of the concepts tbh.

Cozy Crafts seems the most neutral design wise and easiest to work into what we already have in the game. That's both a positive and a negative imo, it's versatile but doesn't stand out too much in its own right.

I definitely see the appeal of DIY Delight, it's quite contemporary and easy on the eyes. It really has that pinterest DIY clean but cute look to it. I will say though, that personally I don't need more contemporary, modern b&b stuff. I already find the variety enough, at least in comparison to other styles.

I voted for Granny Chic, primarily because the fustier, rustic look is something I'd like to expand upon. We do have a handful of packs that work well for these styles, yes, but I think the contemporary style outranks the others quite a bit in terms of volume presently.

That being said, I won't really care which one wins, they're all fine. CAS wise, that Cozy Crafts sweater on the adult male looks... awfully familiar.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Cozy I could get behind, but can anyone of retirement age or beyond, on this forum, weigh in on that? Are the older baby boomers really embracing the rocking chair and knitting needles? I thought that was millennial women! :p *running with head covered*
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top