Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moved out sims don't leave

I recently moved out some of my sims from my current household so I could continue with the next generation in the family home. The woman and the little ones moved out, but her husband and child age son won't seem to leave. The husband just stands in the bedroom and the child age son walks around trying to talk to his older siblings, dance. watch TV, and even eat. I caught him pulling food out of the fridge like he still lived there.
I cancelled the interaction with reset sim, had another sibling toss out the food, and I put the fridge into storage.

The ask to leave option does not appear. I have MC Command Center and I have used the make sim leave option numerous times and they still stick around.

This has happened before but they eventually leave after a few sim hours, but this is the first time I've had one go to the fridge.

Please help me. I don't know what to do short of deleting him and his dad in the library.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Try evicting your family. Then when you are managing households, if Sims appear in your family that shouldn't be there, just move them into a new family. But just evicting them, and putting them back may solve it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    This has happened to me few times and I always go to manage worlds and choose to play as one of the Sims that should have moved away. Then I just make them leave and go to their new home lot. Then I go back to the original household and it's always fixed the problem.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I would have played as one of the sims that wouldn't leave, but they had no house and there wasn't enough money to give them anything so they could buy a home.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited December 2019
    This is where you select them to travel, and go to another lot. Then return home, but do not select them to go with you back home.