Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Survey not showing up in-game

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Community Voted Stuff Pack - Let's do this again!.

Comments

• KP2K31987KP2K31987 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Madstarlet said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Voting is now live! If you launch the game, there is a link to the survey in the main menu. I just submitted my votes!
    >
    > EDIT: Here's the link - https://www.surveymonkey.com/survey-taken/?sm=t_2F66nki_2BLQeKePtUgZTZiEV_2BFerfdbf1bpZ2_2FlxvkGkP_2Fl9dsxecDn_2Fn49R8sO0qtdgf80Xi5pPZK_2FDhGs662NsjByn3YcDbh_2B5ikLThfWQ_3D

I don't see this in my game, I tried closing it and updating my game, and still nothing :( :# ....hopefully it will pop up soon, I want to get back to playing the game lol :D .
  • kthompkthomp Posts: 6 New Member
    The survey didn't show up in my game either.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited November 2019
    KP2K31987 wrote: »
    > @kthomp said:
    > The survey didn't show up in my game either.

Oh good (I mean it's NOT good, but I'm glad it's not just me), Hope it pops up for us sooonn, I'm super excited o:)

I had to save and exit my game and got the Survey notice on starting the game again. Make sure you've got "take online surveys" ticked in Options.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    KP2K31987 wrote: »
    I don't see this in my game, I tried closing it and updating my game, and still nothing :(:# ....hopefully it will pop up soon, I want to get back to playing the game lol :D .

I had to go to 'other' under 'game options' and check 'enable in game surveys' and then restart my game before I saw it on the home screen.
    > @RememberJoy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I had to go to 'other' under 'game options' and check 'enable in game surveys' and then restart my game before I saw it on the home screen.

I had that checked, so before I thought I just needed to restart my game, but when I opened it back up it still wasn't in my game. I'm trying to repair my game right now to see if that helps :s . Good luck on whatever you might have voted for and thank you for trying to help mee :'( <3 .
  • kthompkthomp Posts: 6 New Member
    I finally got the survey to come up in my game. Had to check the Share Usage Button in Game Options Other.
    > @kthomp said:
    > I finally got the survey to come up in my game. Had to check the Share Usage Button in Game Options Other.

OMG!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! This was my problem, oohhh thank you, 1000x thank you! EEEEeee! <3 :'( o:) <3
  • acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    It should be in your game now. You may need to restart and make sure you have "in-game surveys" checked off in your game options. You will see the survey on your main screen when you log back into the game :smiley:
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 80 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    For anyone not seeing it in their game (or playing on console), you can vote here! >> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZGKF6WB

Thank you! It didn't show up in my game and I was worried I wouldn't be able to vote for Happy Haunts.

I didn't realise you would be using the 'Alternative Vote' system. I had a hard time ranking which parts of the pack would be my favourites (I settled on Grim Reaper career for number one).
  • MangoTangoTwistMangoTangoTwist Posts: 12 New Member
    The Survey didn't show up in my game either, but I searched for it and made my Vote. I think that was a Great way of Voting! Happy Haunts everyone!
  • NcTysonNcTyson Posts: 6 New Member
    Happy Haunts will have my vote! Speaking of, aren't we supposed to get an in-game survey about it?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have the box checked for surveys, but I still haven't seen the survey in my game.

Oh, thank you @Gordy for posting the link! I've voted now.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    The voting should have voted on the 18th right? I thought I would see the vote if I started the game or Origin, but I didn't. Where do I cast my vote? Is it too late already? D:
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited November 2019
    Do you have In Game Surveys turned on in the game options? If not, that's why you can't see the survey link.

Here's the link (from the Sims twitter):
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    I ... probably have that turned off, yes. I gotta go check my settings. Thank you!
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I had surveys on in the game options and still didn't see anything about the survey.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    You have to make sure share data usage is also checked in the options. That was the problem for me. Then exit and come back in.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2019
    Hey, I've seen some of you mention you couldn't see the survey inside the game so I moved your comments to a new topic for this. If you tried the suggestions above and are still not seeing the survey in the game and you would be willing to help us find out why, please, try this:
    1. With the game closed, go to Documents > Electronic Arts and rename 'The Sims 4' folder as 'The Sims 4 my files'. This folder contains your saves and Sims, treat it with care :)
    2. Open your game - you will find no saves there, please, don't worry. Check the main menu - is the survey still not there? What announcements can you see in the main menu?
    3. Once you are done testing, close the game.
    4. Go to Documents > Electronic Arts again. You will see a new 'The Sims 4' folder the game just created that you can delete. Be careful, don't delete 'The Sims 4 my files'.
    5. Rename 'The Sims 4 my files' as 'The Sims 4' to restore your saves and the rest of your user files, and return your game to the initial state.

If you still couldn't see the survey in the main menu, would you mind joining the discussion here, letting us know what announcements you had instead?: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/No-Stuff-Pack-Survey-for-Those-With-Five-Banners-on-the-Main/m-p/8459781

Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I never had anything in my game so technically I just only got to vote on posts on here as I saw no official poll anywhere just a post.

If that is the case, we need to do a do over to make it fair.
  • UnortthodoxUnortthodox Posts: 1 New Member
    Will the second round of voting also get a Survey Monkey link?
    I'm asking for those on console and those like myself who play on PC but the survey won't show up.

Thanks!
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone,

Second vote is open now, please, find the info here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/970478/vote-2-is-open-art-style/

I'm going to lock this thread, as it was about the first vote. If anyone is still not seeing the survey this time, please, open a new topic.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top