Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out nearly unplayable

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited December 2019
    logion wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get food from other Expansions to show up in the Dine Out menu? I recently installed Sulani and I was hoping to see new food items pop up in the Dine Out menu but they're not there. I can only get them from the food stalls. Is this how it's supposed to be? If there is a cheat out there or this is simply a bug, please let me know.

You can't.

I never even thought about or noticed this @logion and @feenalockheart . Now that I know, it’s super irritating! There’s zero reward in TS4 for being a loyal buyer of packs. They miss all the opportunities to make them meaningfully interconnect.

That they do, I wish expansions could expand all the packs more, like seasons does, where the weather got updated for sulani for example. But I guess they would not be able to release them as fast as they do if they would do that.

Still, it doesn't sound that difficult to make food available from other packs so you could cook it for yourself or order it at restaurants. They did it with City Living.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited December 2019
    Does anyone know how to get food from other Expansions to show up in the Dine Out menu? I recently installed Sulani and I was hoping to see new food items pop up in the Dine Out menu but they're not there. I can only get them from the food stalls. Is this how it's supposed to be? If there is a cheat out there or this is simply a bug, please let me know.

@feenalockheart @popstarissa you can. Go to the worldview and edit the restuarant, in the upper lefthand corner click the gears, there you can change the menu of any restaurant. Also the uniforms of staff.

There are some youtubers who have restaurants that only sell pufferfish. You can customize menus, uniforms however you want and also determine the dress style of simmers who dine there.

Also, add more chef stations to cut down the wait time to cook and serve food.

https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/sims-4-dine-out-restaurants
    Post edited by troshalom on
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @troshalom I think the wonder is if the game includes food from recent packs into that feature. For example, can you add the Sulani dishes to your restaurant menus or the new DU pizzas. I haven’t tried yet to find out.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited December 2019
    @popstarissa you should be able to. I have seen recipes from City Living in the menu list. I just started playing Island Living, so not sure what their dishes are called. But, I don't see why they would not be listed.

This is a guide from 2016 that EA made: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/sims-4-dine-out-restaurants

This guide from the Sims VIP states that food and drink from other packs are available to add to the menu: https://simsvip.com/sims-4-dine-out-guide/
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Dine out is a mess. I haven't had any issues with slow food too often but sims are not even finishing their meals and they are walking around looking at artwork. These issues have been going on for a while.
  • ChristieLee516ChristieLee516 Posts: 5 New Member
    I just bought Dine Out within the last couple weeks and it's okay. My biggest complaint is that I can't use my own homegrown ingredients for a "farm to table" restaurant. I have been trying to find how to request this feature but I can't figure out how to do it. I know I'm not the only one who is interested in this. Does anyone know if this is on EA's radar? Happy New Year!
  • ChristieLee516ChristieLee516 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @keekee53 said:
    > Dine out is a mess. I haven't had any issues with slow food too often but sims are not even finishing their meals and they are walking around looking at artwork. These issues have been going on for a while.

Yes! Mine always walk around instead of eating and ordering, and then they get mad about wait times.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Dine Out has gotten buggy lately. I hope they work on this pack in the new year. When it works, it's one of my favorites.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Dine Out has gotten buggy lately. I hope they work on this pack in the new year. When it works, it's one of my favorites.

They actually fixed the REALLY big bug that was introduced with one of the Sulani patches: The "Guests steal food from each other" bug.

Personally I find it usable again, although my last experience was a waiter that dropped our food (never seen that before) and we had to wait even longer to be served. Plus the Old Salt House restaurant always places us outside. In thunderstorms. Because why not.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    @troshalom I think the wonder is if the game includes food from recent packs into that feature. For example, can you add the Sulani dishes to your restaurant menus or the new DU pizzas. I haven’t tried yet to find out.

I've got the various dishes from City Living and Kalua Pork (Island Living) available at my restaurants. Dine Out works pretty well I my computer, though (knock on wood).
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    My sims won't eat and drink food anymore in restaurants, they just chat
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Beardedgeek [quote= Plus the Old Salt House restaurant always places us outside. In thunderstorms. Because why not.[/quote]

I had this problem too . Alwakys sitting outside in snowstorms and rainstorms. Then I realized you can click on a table to request it.

I like to take my sims to eat as a chance for them to get better aquainted. My restaurant is small and has two chef stations , Also I make sure to order immediately so my order goes in first.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • CapelyaCapelya Posts: 2 New Member
    Never had success with Dine Out - owning or attending a restaurant. I know if my sims accepts another sims invitation to go to breakfast, they will be there till dinner. I am not sure what causes this. It seems to have variability in how well it works for some players versus others. But at the very least, I am happy with build and buy? Oh well :#
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I have never tried to own a restaurant, but I find visiting them to hit and miss. It used to be that my sim could make it though a meal with only minimal annoyances, but now I have to fight the game to get through a meal. The worst is that my dining companions no longer finish their meals, second issue is the waiters leaving dirty dishes all over the place instead of washing them, and third is other diners distracting my sims or their dining companions. So, yes, this pack could really use some debugging.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    lately visiting a restaraunt works quite well for me, but I haven't tried running one since I first got the pack a couple years back, maybe it's time to try again.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I really want this pack, so I hope it gets fixed up eventually.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    New to this pack, and I experience a few issues with guests that I bring along to dine. The guests randomly get up (or not so randomly, in case a celeb is on the lot), but they always return to the table.
    My own sims do not have free will, but even so they sometimes sit down, get up, sit down and get up before eventually sitting down, but only right after I claim a table. Never during meals. They will also all of a sudden stopp eating/drinking and need to be told to resume.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I really like Dinning out it is one of my favorite packs because it gives the Sims an opportunity to socialize with each other. I find it very iteraiting that they get up and talk to total strangers this is not very realistic. I want them to focus on their friends who are at the TABLE. Get IT!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have been encountering the following on an increasing basis of late:
    Sims wandering around, including my own
    Long serve times
    Wait staff does not clean up the dirty dishes - the tables are littered with them
    Meals dropped and not cleaned up promptly
    Wait staff appearing in everyday attire, not the prescribed outfit
    Wait staff going off to the nearest bench for a nap
    When going to a restaurant with a sim not under player control said sim does not finish their meal (that my sim is paying for), sometimes does not even start eating at all

This pack is in need of some serious repair!

On the positive side, have likewise seen the pilfering stopped. On a humourous note, Lilith Vatore - who can't eat normal food - is the regular chef at some establishments.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I've had the experience lately were my sims will start eating then they get a 3 quarter hunger meter full and stop eating. I have to click on their dishes and make them eat it again. I've been letting them chat a little bit before they go back to eating.
    It's kind of annoying.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Me and my all my sims waiting for the food to arrive be like
    18-12-2019-12-33-42.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I haven't tried to run a restaurant (soon I hope) but so far the two restaurants I've visited one premade and the other I built have worked near perfect as far as I could tell.

Is it just the owning a restaurant that's the issue or am I missing something ?
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    What upsets me the most about dine out is my sims would place and order and I would see other sims who came after get their food first. I know this may sound a little mean but from a game play stand point my sims should be the priority than the random NPCs.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have found after some investigating that at least half of these issues are build related. Made a post about in the General forum. There SOME bugs, but I find at least 50% is just screwups with builds in custom restaurants.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Dine out is one of the best pack gameplay idea wise (dine out and run a restaurant) but yes The implementation sucks bad ! Too bad I don’t think it will be fixed it has been out so long now. Pretty much like the retail system. Great concept but poor execution.