The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to work?

Get to work is on sale, is it fun? I don’t want university but get to work might have potential
How does everyone feel about get to work?

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,940 Member
    I'd say skip it but that is very biased opinion since i found out i don't actually enjoy the job options that much and they get repetitive p_p

the cas and b/b that comes out of it is pretty solid though and I use it all the time so there is that

+aliens even if they're more of a side fun and don't offer much

overall : id probably pick any other ep or gp over that now but i suppose since i have it i use features quite a bit so idk
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'd say skip it but that is very biased opinion since i found out i don't actually enjoy the job options that much and they get repetitive p_p

the cas and b/b that comes out of it is pretty solid though and I use it all the time so there is that

overall : id probably pick any other ep or gp over that now but i suppose since i have it i use features quite a bit so idk

Thanks! I pretty much have all the EPs except get to work and university. I thought island living was a dud and if get to work is also I don’t wanna be disappointed. I don’t love leaving the lot with sims all the time anyway

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,415 Member
    heidi11576 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

Thanks! I pretty much have all the EPs except get to work and university. I thought island living was a dud and if get to work is also I don’t wanna be disappointed. I don’t love leaving the lot with sims all the time anyway

Get to work is a decent pack that has plenty to offer in my humble opinion. 3 active careers, a lot of different stores to run and Aliens. I also use the CAS and BB all the time. I can't compare it to Island living because I don't have that pack but for me it definitely beats get Famous, city living and even cats and dogs.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm glad I have get to work. I love the CAS and BB. I've enjoyed running through the active careers even though I tend to never leave my home lot. Aliens are meh and underwhelming though. I particularly enjoy having a crazy scientist or two.
  • SribindiSribindi Posts: 261 Member
    Personally I really enjoy 'Get to work". I do like the fact that I can experience their workdays. I admit I only have this pack recently, and I started a game with one sim, so she gets all the attention.

Perhaps there would surely be a problem when you try to combine two or more sims with an 'active' career, you would have to choose the one you share the workdays with.

It is something different, but definitely worth to experience, from my point of view that is.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    In my opinion, GTW is fun if you play single Sims. But if you like to play households with multiple Sims, it’s hard to manage everyone else when you’re focused all day on one Sim’s job.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I like playing the active careers now and then.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I like the careers better in Get Together but thats my opinion.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I'd recommend the pack for the science career alone. It's a really well fleshed out active career and totally doable as a rabbithole if you want to play that way.
  • mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    I like Get to Work. You get aliens, which is my favorite part. You also get several active careers, which I enjoy sometimes.
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    heidi11576 wrote: »
    Get to work is on sale, is it fun? I don’t want university but get to work might have potential
    How does everyone feel about get to work?

I mean.........it's...huh...aight. I haven't played with it for a while tbh...in small doses it's not that bad. The active careers are very repetitive, I mean very very repetitve. I would get it half price for the retail aspect though and some of the cas and build stuff.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Thanks everyone!
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I like GTW enough. For a first EP it did a lot of neat stuff but it wasn't perfect. I don't care about Aliens but they were a neat option. Going to work can get repetitive but it's still a fun option. I really like the BB and CAS and of course the retail option because you can really just get creative with it.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I think it depends on how you play. For family play this pack might not have that much to offer. But if you like to tell stories, like having a crazy scientist or running a business empire you will find lots of inspiration in Get To Work. I like the retail feature, which can easily be combined with other packs and features, like archaeologist and other collectors selling their finds, stylists and photographers running a studio/store/gallery, florists can have a Florist Shop, and you can grow some ingredients for baking at a Bakery. And so much more.

All this takes place away from home, though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,467 Member
    Actually, I love Get to Work.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    This is actually probably my favourite pack, I use the retail in every save in some way or another.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member

@pepperjax1230 what careers are in Get Together?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited December 2019
    @heidi11576 what hasn't been shared is with GTW if you have a pregnant Sim, you can join them in the hospital to give birth. That is fun, and you get a birth certificate. And if you have a male sim that was abducted and impregnated, you can join him too and you get this cute alien baby crib and an alien birth certificate. With the Astronaut career you can go to Sixam the alien world. And with the Scientist career you can go to Sixam.

It is totally worth it.

I have played the scientist, but haven't got to level 10 yet. And started the Detective careers. But I haven't done the doctor yet. The children get a doctor kit (not sure if it is GTW or Parenthood that gives it to them. But by playing with it, I heard it makes them a better doctor as an adult. But I have yet to test that.

Also the bonus of having retail stores. You can create any you like, change the existing ones that come with the pack and just visit them with your sims to purchase stuff. You don't have to run them.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited December 2019
    I love Get To Work, it's one of my favorite packs. I've never gotten bored of the careers and I love aliens. I don't care about the retail so much, but I know a lot of people love it.

One of the great things on GTW careers is that once you've done all the objectives to get the daily work meter to gold you can easily get your Sim's needs up before going home. There are computers to get the fun up, police station and science lab have showers, you can eat at work, you can socialize with your co-workers etc. You don't have "homework", like rabbit hole careers, so you're free to do whatever you want after work.

Science career is a lot of fun. You can invent some awesome things like SimRay, cloning machine, satellite dish, different kind of serums (with different effects) and a wormhole generator. You can also travel to an alien planet Sixam, either through a wormhole generator or an upgraded rocket ship.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    Get to Work has nice careers, funny Alien Abductions & literally goes perfect with Strangerville.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The careers are fun to play through once. Not much for replay in my opinion. The world is useless. The aliens are annoying. I do like the Buy/Build mode items. In fact, that is the highlight of the pack to me.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    troshalom wrote: »

@pepperjax1230 what careers are in Get Together?
    Oops sorry I meant City Living. I don't think Get Together came with any new careers.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • MartaxSofiaMartaxSofia Posts: 8 New Member
    I've been more in love with the Sims 4 than I am now but I do think that Get To Work, on sale, is worth it! It brings you three active careers and even if you don't love them forever it does add a lot to your gameplay and then you get to have stores and sell your items there - that lets you be a self-employed artist for example. I get to sell my paintings in my store at a higher price, which is pretty cool! The only inconvenience I see is that your store needs to be on a different lot from your house so when I don't hire employees I basically have one empty home lot and live at my store.
  • stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    Love the Get To Work pack but feel that the Doctor career for diagnosing people could be a bit more like the vet one where it shows you what symptoms are coming up as you do tests rather than the way it is just now.

However, definitely my favourite pack for the scientist career.... so much fun. I hope they add in more careers in the future.
    :)