Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There A Way To Shelter the Rock Climbing Machine?

2...Next

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited August 2019
    How about using columns then a put roof over them? Put colums at the four corners then use MOO to place a second set of columns on top of those (add a third if needed)...
  • NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    Can you set it outdoors, next to and parallel with an existing two-story house wall, and then extend the roof over it?
  • AylaisabeauAylaisabeau Posts: 1 New Member
    My rock climber is on the deck and I added a tall wall as a background right behind it and extended the roof to cover just that where climber is located
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @GalacticGal what did you decide to do?

I don't keep mine on home lots because they are so big, so I have them in two gyms the one in Windenburg and the one in Del Sol Valley. They are quite popular at the gyms.

Also, if you have a fitness club with elders in it, they tend to die using the rock wall - like all the time.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @GalacticGal what did you decide to do?

I don't keep mine on home lots because they are so big, so I have them in two gyms the one in Windenburg and the one in Del Sol Valley. They are quite popular at the gyms.

Also, if you have a fitness club with elders in it, they tend to die using the rock wall - like all the time.

I fear this is necroposting, but to answer your question, I removed the device. I believe I placed the gym in a neighborhood, so that my Sims could still make use of the rock-climbing device, but that was so many saves ago, I don't rightly recall. Thanks for your response. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KatMagicKatMagic Posts: 4 New Member
    I have one indoors and it still breaks every other second. My Sims fix it for hours and hours until I reset them, or they get electrocuted. Some Sims can fix it, maybe it's the level, but it just breaks again before he can even use it. Of course, it's in the basement, and for some reason EA thinks the basement is outside because it always says it's too cold to swim in the indoor pool and they carry umbrellas in the house. Oh well.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Unfortunately, the only way is to make the wall height the tallest, or have a designated 2 wall high area for your rock climbing machine - indoors.

I agree, even though it is an old question.

I made a building for a climbing wall at the Old Salt House in San Myshuno.
    06_04_10.png

I am pretty sure I built a ground floor with another wall on the top somehow, but am not sure.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yup. This is what to do, make sure your move Objects are on, then just put a tiny room on your lot then repeat for a second floor, delete the 1st tiny room floor, shrink the 2nd tiny room floor to one grid, delete the walls but keep the one grid floor, click the round roof, adjust the size & length, click the clear glass roof style. Make sure to have your clear roof just above the climber machine.
    Now you have a sheltered machine outside with an invisible roof.
    PS: this also works with not in season plants.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I think I'll adapt my leisure centre for this one. I've had it outside for a while and managed to use it once :D Definitely needs to be inside. Useful thread, thank you <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2020
    I have one in one of my basement gym using the higest wall height. It fits well in rooms and homes. With that high wall height.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Three out of four gyms (unmodified) can host the machines. Both base game gyms and the gym in Windenburg has the wall height to handle them.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top