Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if we get Werewolves and it requires Cats and Dogs?

So, imagine that Werewolves is the perfect game pack. It has a robust world, beautiful build/buy, age suitable options for toddlers and children, a challenging but not grind-y power progression... whatever those terms mean to you.

In Create a Sim too, everything is perfect. The sim base options are interesting and thematically suitable, the in-between form is whatever you think in-between forms should be. There's only one catch.

If you want a straight wolf form, you have to have Cats and Dogs.

The pack works fine without Cats and Dogs, it's just this one element - having a full wolf form - that requires that pack.

How irritated/mad/upset are you?

What if we get Werewolves and it requires Cats and Dogs? 67 votes

Very mad. Even though this pack is everything I want, I'm not buying it and I'm letting every thread in the forums that talks about Werewolves know why.
4%
EvaliynHorrorgirl6ClarionOfJoy 3 votes
Kinda mad. It's gone from instant-buy to maybe in a bundle or on sale, and I'm going to grumble about it in any thread where such grumbling is apropriate
7%
rambahadoerannaliese39Sims4MagicalTalesizecsonWaitWhatYT 5 votes
Mad might be a strong word - I'm not happy, I may not buy it (or will wait for a sale) but I'm also not going to complain everywhere
2%
poltergeistAngeliqueAdelaide 2 votes
Not mad, but not happy - I'm not a fan of packs needing packs, but it doesn't really need cats and dogs, so I can live with it.
7%
LoanettelemwillPrink34320V2CapitolSimmerEmerald811 5 votes
Just fine - Either I have cats and dogs, or I see that as a reasonable requirement for a full wolf form, or both.
35%
Icewolfashcrash19KhrisstyneBabykittyjadeZeldaboy180Internal_ChaosEnkiSchmidtSheriSim57SeaDragonSongAuronoiChieftainmikaChazzzyCrazyNinjaValeahMondayGelysenSERVERFRACBookmandyssims93SinaMegapolis 24 votes
I don't want Occults/Werewolves anyway.
22%
catmom1987icmnfrshrudy8292loubyloulouBluelleChampandGirlieorangehippogriffmariajane216DoloresGreySayoLoirebirdonawireEvie0602ListentoToppDoggpopstarsleyfinnh 15 votes
Something not covered.
19%
alan650111IceyJPlayerSinger2010AnmirlaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010elelunicyLemon405Sigzy05RedShoe7Evilyn_1007lazyjuniperQueenarella 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Something not covered.
    They won't do this.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Something not covered.
    Many simgurus have stated in many different livestreams that you don't need a certain pack for another pack. So this will never be the case, don't worry :)
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I doubt it. If werowolves ever come it wouldn't require another pack.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Just fine - Either I have cats and dogs, or I see that as a reasonable requirement for a full wolf form, or both.
    That could actually be kind of awesome because then maybe we'd get werecats too!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Kinda mad. It's gone from instant-buy to maybe in a bundle or on sale, and I'm going to grumble about it in any thread where such grumbling is apropriate
    I wouldn't be happy at all, but more so because I want werewolves to have an anthropomorphic 'wolfman' form rather than turn into actual wolves. I also think a werewolf pack should work without any other pack regardless though. I like it when packs work well together, but I don't think any pack should require another to get the most out of it. I would probably still buy a werewolves pack if it did, but only because I am desperate for werewolves and I have all the other packs. However, I don't believe this will happen and I am hopeful werewolves will come in the near future and not require C&D or any other expansion.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited December 2019
    I don't want that at all. I bought cats and dogs for normal pets, not werewolves and other fictional monsters. I'd prefer they keep those things to their own packs that I'm free to not buy or have forced onto me.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Something not covered.
    Why would it be required? They aren't connected.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Something not covered.
    They’ve never done a wolf form, not even in TS2 when werewolves did come with Pets. Don’t think that’s something they’d consider.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This isn't my playstyle though I don't mind sharing the game as long as occults aren't forced on me. (No, I didn't buy supernatural content and then complain about supernatural occurrences but I prefer toggling or player-triggered generation of events because I do sometimes play with "almost occult" elements.

Anyway, for some reason, I think this will come with 1980's themed stuff like "Thriller" and maybe with more stuff for teens. I guess that's because those are the stereotypes I usually have about werewolves.

I know that a lot of people want them so I'm happy to see them being made as long as there is enough non-supernatural content for players like me. Yes, I dislike it when people claim that there has been enough non-supernatural content. I'm happy to co-exist with supernatural players as long as there is not an expectation that realistic content shouldn't get made anymore.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I wouldn't be happy at all, but more so because I want werewolves to have an anthropomorphic 'wolfman' form rather than turn into actual wolves. I also think a werewolf pack should work without any other pack regardless though. I like it when packs work well together, but I don't think any pack should require another to get the most out of it. I would probably still buy a werewolves pack if it did, but only because I am desperate for werewolves and I have all the other packs. However, I don't believe this will happen and I am hopeful werewolves will come in the near future and not require C&D or any other expansion.

Oh, my idea is that you do get an anthropomorphic wolf-man form as part of the base Werewolf pack. Getting the full wolf form would be more like a bonus for those who have Cats and Dogs. The pack works without it, but it's a pretty significant bonus.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Why would it be required? They aren't connected.

Because C&D has create-a-pet, so in order to customize a wolf form for your sim (as a third form, with the hybrid form being part of the base Werewolf pack) you need to be able to access the create-a-pet features from Cats and Dogs - specifically for dogs.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Mad might be a strong word - I'm not happy, I may not buy it (or will wait for a sale) but I'm also not going to complain everywhere
    i only disliked my first pet stuff because it was clearly leftovers and cheap looking recolors from c&d, it didn't rectify any of the missing content from c&d like dog houses and different pet bed styles, more toys, etc. if they weren't going to add stuff like that then it shouldn't have been reliant on c&d at all and should've just been a small pets pack with small pets other than rats.
    basically, i think mfp is bad because it's bad not because it's dlc for dlc. but i get why people think dlc for dlc is wrong/greedy.

but i don't think c&d is needed for a werewolf pack? wolves should be bigger than the dogs we have anyway so it should be a new model. i don't think cas for animals needs to be restricted to c&d.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Not mad, but not happy - I'm not a fan of packs needing packs, but it doesn't really need cats and dogs, so I can live with it.
    I own Cats & Dogs. But regardless, I don't think I'd want to HAVE both.

I do think that if you can turn into an animal, the graphics from Cats & Dogs will come in handy, but I don't think you'll NEED them. Will you be able to customise your wolf form anyway?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    I own Cats & Dogs. But regardless, I don't think I'd want to HAVE both.

I do think that if you can turn into an animal, the graphics from Cats & Dogs will come in handy, but I don't think you'll NEED them. Will you be able to customise your wolf form anyway?

The idea that I'm exploring is that while you'd have a hybrid man-wolf form as part of the Werewolf pack that you can customize, having a full wolf form needs Cats and Dogs. They spun the numbers and that was what they decided to cut to otherwise give us a (hypothetical) perfect pack.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    @DaWaterRat - you wouldn't need to buy Cats & Dogs - they could just borrow some of the code. I seriously doubt that EA is going to dare to pull another My First Pet - well, not for a Game Pack, anyway.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Oh, my idea is that you do get an anthropomorphic wolf-man form as part of the base Werewolf pack. Getting the full wolf form would be more like a bonus for those who have Cats and Dogs. The pack works without it, but it's a pretty significant bonus.

Oh, I see! That's an interesting idea. I actually wouldn't mind that at all then. I own all packs though so it wouldn't really make a difference to me. I would be pleased to have both options and just happy to finally have werewolves. I do still feel C&D shouldn't be necessary to make full use of the pack though.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    edited December 2019
    I hope they upgrade Cat & Dogs.
    We could have werewolves, Panther People, Hawkgirl, Hawkman & Shapeshifters.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I would be fine about it because I have cats and dogs, and I am not a big occult person. But, there I don’t think Maxis would do it anyway. They could add create a sim for wolves I suppose, but I doubt they would do that either. But we will see what they come up with if they add them.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Actually it's stupid for werewolf to turn into well, real wolf. Doesnt seems so unique to me. So unnecesaary to have cats and dog when they can make humanoid wolf, that stand with 2 legs and a little bend.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    not even gonna vote cause i know that they would never do this. the most they would do is possibly re-use the dog animation bones and repurpose them but i doubt that would ever happen.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I don't want them to turn into real wolves, but since it uses aspects from cats and dogs, it kinda makes sense. It's not like my first pets stuff IMO.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Very mad. Even though this pack is everything I want, I'm not buying it and I'm letting every thread in the forums that talks about Werewolves know why.
    Why are you even asking this question? Does EA want to try that sleazy practice again?
  • Options
    Emerald811Emerald811 Posts: 16 Member
    Keep it to its own pack.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Something not covered.
    This makes no sense. They would never do that.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I don't really want to have to buy Cats and Dogs in order to have a full wolf form. But, it would be a smart business decision on EA's part, because I would do just that in order to have that option.