Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morgyn Ember

Daelene8Daelene8 Posts: 186 Member
Hey my sim married Morgyn Ember and theyre trying to have a baby but its not working. I checked him in CAS and he was male and their relationship is really high, all they can do is woohoo. Is this a bug?

Comments

• JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Maybe check in CAS if he is able to get others pregnant.
  • Daelene8Daelene8 Posts: 186 Member
    edited September 2019
    Oh! that was an option? I didnt know that. Thank you, where would I check?

Alright I figured it out. Thank you! It was netiher for him. Its a funny thing having a sterile sim :open_mouth:
    Post edited by Daelene8 on
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    You will need to enter the cas.fulleditmode and then go into CAS and you'll be able to change the part where he can't try for a baby to where he can.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    My newest sim ( a version of Morticia) just ended up with him. She liked him from the minute she met him, he actually called to ask her on a date, I'm so happy for my SIM, he's awesome
  • KittySimmerKittySimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    Morgan ember eh yeah he’s non binary
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    In my game I took him in cas and changed all his outfits to male and made it so he can get other sims pregnant. I'm planning for him to join the Goth family by falling in love with Cassandra. I feel like they will be a good match and have cute children.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Morgyn has supposedly undergone surgery and that's why he can't impregnante. He wants to be a woman.

I find it funny how female players can't seem to live with this and decide to make him full male. I did the opposite - gave him the ability to give birth and married him to a man :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Morgyn has supposedly undergone surgery and that's why he can't impregnante. He wants to be a woman.

I find it funny how female players can't seem to live with this and decide to make him full male. I did the opposite - gave him the ability to give birth and married him to a man :D

He looks great in male clothing though and he's an attractive male. :D
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    Morgyn Ember is perhaps one of my favourite pre-made Sims to date if only for the change he represents in our community from his representation in a game! Whenever he's met my sims however he hasn't been as friendly... So there's that. :neutral:
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Morgyn Ember is perhaps one of my favourite pre-made Sims to date if only for the change he represents in our community from his representation in a game! Whenever he's met my sims however he hasn't been as friendly... So there's that. :neutral:

Yeah, seriously! (As, uh, my icon may indicate!) When I saw Morgyn's settings for the first time, I literally bounced on my bed in sheer delight and glee. Trans Sim! Who could easily be read as nonbinary! Who's not just a prominent character, but the main character of both trailers and front and centre on the box art!

Morgyn is so dang important to me <3
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Funny, I find Morgyn way too chubby-cheeked as a "man". In a feminine frame, his face becomes round and cute though - with a minor adjustment to his odd chin, mind you. The Don is far better looking in my book, he looks manly! But yeah...good thing there's at least one Sim for everybody ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I always thought he was originally female and transitioned to male and that's why he can't get others pregnant. I don't really understand why people call him/them non-binary though - it's a gender identity, nothing physical or biological.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • AzzureRainAzzureRain Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Nindigo said:
    > Morgyn has supposedly undergone surgery and that's why he can't impregnante. He wants to be a woman.
    >
    > I find it funny how female players can't seem to live with this and decide to make him full male. I did the opposite - gave him the ability to give birth and married him to a man :D

It's actually the opposite. Morgyn was assigned female but is either non binary or a trans man. EA never added an explicit option to not be either male or female so it's hard to tell their intentions.
  • AzzureRainAzzureRain Posts: 11 New Member
    > @ryttu3k said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yeah, seriously! (As, uh, my icon may indicate!) When I saw Morgyn's settings for the first time, I literally bounced on my bed in sheer delight and glee. Trans Sim! Who could easily be read as nonbinary! Who's not just a prominent character, but the main character of both trailers and front and centre on the box art!
    >
    > Morgyn is so dang important to me <3

Yeah I love Morgyn. Had my first spellcaster sim I made marry them. If you actually tell Morgyn's gender settings and build is HEAVILY customised. You can tell pretty easy if you try to switch them from male to female, back to male. They won't look the same at all. I decided to give them the ability to get pregnant and my female sim the ability to impregnate and they'll have children that way. It's great.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Knowing Morgyn, they probably started out as a biologically female non-binary. Then, when they became more powerful and confident, they transisitioned. BUT contrary to common belief I do not think that Morgyn went FtM. It's more in-character for them to get rid of everything and become as androgynous as possible (just don't ask me what exactly they have beneath their skirt. I only know it's neither a man's nor a woman's equipment).

In my game I went with a simpler lore and made my Morgyn biologically male, reasoning that as a non-binary they just do not care what they are biologically. For outfits, facial hair and makeup I chose a mixture of male and female.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    As a female I accept Morgyn at face value. However they want to present themselves in game I accept them. Irl I'll be the first person to call a girl who is obviously a girl in dress, mannerisms and presentation and say "Hey Dude!"

Thanks to certain mods (that shall not/can not be named) there is an attraction system in my game and quite a few of sims of both gender have been attracted to them.

I like you Morgyn. You good peoples.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I always thought he was originally female and transitioned to male and that's why he can't get others pregnant. I don't really understand why people call him/them non-binary though - it's a gender identity, nothing physical or biological.

I go with nonbinary mostly because of their presentation. The gender marker is set to masculine, so that's a better indication of Morgyn's identity (if not male, then at least masc-leaning). But their dress sense and presentation is feminine (clothing preference is set that way). So I interpret them as either a gender non-conforming trans man (IDs as male entirely, but still enjoys playing with presentation) or nonbinary (masc-leaning, fem-presenting).

Also in the interest of full disclosure, I go with NB Morgyn because I'm nonbinary too and I want some representation in the form of one of my favourite premades, what can I say? ;D
    Thanks to certain mods (that shall not/can not be named) there is an attraction system in my game and quite a few of sims of both gender have been attracted to them.

Seriously, I've seen more reactions to Morgyn than any other Sim in the game XD
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

I go with nonbinary mostly because of their presentation. The gender marker is set to masculine, so that's a better indication of Morgyn's identity (if not male, then at least masc-leaning). But their dress sense and presentation is feminine (clothing preference is set that way). So I interpret them as either a gender non-conforming trans man (IDs as male entirely, but still enjoys playing with presentation) or nonbinary (masc-leaning, fem-presenting).

Also in the interest of full disclosure, I go with NB Morgyn because I'm nonbinary too and I want some representation in the form of one of my favourite premades, what can I say? ;D

Seriously, I've seen more reactions to Morgyn than any other Sim in the game XD

Oh yes, I didn't rule it out completely, Morgyn being FtM was just the first thing that came to mind upon seeing this thread since they just looked like a regular male sim to me until closer observation. I didn't even notice their clothing belongs to the female category, probably because I've only really seen them in everyday wear which looks more androgynous imo. I am non-binary as well by the way, though not gender-nonconforming in the way I dress, and I'm also all for enby representation. I am still waiting for an nb-character that doesn't look androgynous though. It seems like people tend to generalize, but maybe that's just me ;)
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    My games a bit weird I suspect because Morgyn changes from male to female and back again, sometimes hovering in the middle depending on our mood. Why not? I mean if you had magical powers and one day you wanted to be male, or female or both you'd wave your wand and do it. But then again I often change my sims around like that bcz....I can.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I totally gave Morgyn a makeover & he now looks handsome instead of pretty.
  • Claire2541Claire2541 Posts: 1 New Member
    Do you know the fact that he has a brother?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I made morgyn superbuff, a tattoo and removed his female clothing, he looks good. Made him a detective too
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    Morgyn is cursed. I have to avoid him if I have other plans otherwise oops we're dating.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I played him as was over and over and left him alone....until....I got creative with my game and got sick of seeing the same faces around so I made him female,long with Eric Lewis, J Huntingdon and Johnny Zest but don't worry I made Eliza Pancakes, Bella Goth and Malcolm Landgraab into a bloke as well. Before the complaints begin, it could have been worse, I could have killed him off like I did Gavin Richards.