Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A serious lack of makeup

2...Next

Comments

• llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    i use noodlesims makeup overhaul... a life saver
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    there's a serious lack of everything in ts4, thank god we have cc

But 'we' don't. PC players do. Console have to deal with what is given in game.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I don't see the make up lacking, if anything there are so much choices that I do not use. All my sims have more natural look to their make up too. This means I only use very few swatches. I also do not play many darker skintoned sims though, as mine are all based on heritages I know (German, French, Norwegian, Sioux, and I do have one based somewhat on my aunt from China). Because of that, I view much of the choices to be what I consider clown-like or too over the top.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i would love a makeup stuff pack, idk why they didnt collab with a brand like fenty for a stuff pack since we need a lot more makeup options for darker skinned sims.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    even though I use CC, it would be nice to have some more makeup actually in the game for people who can't/don't want to use CC. Before I started using CC I especially had a hard time finding makeup that looked good on my darker skinned sims. A lot of them just ended up not wearing any.
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I genuinely forgot how dire the lack of makeup is because of how long it's been since I gave up and just downloaded a ton of cc to remedy the lackluster selection. Poor console players.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    A number of my female sims go without make up because they are either pretty enough without any or because of the way they are about it. A lot of other females use make up but there isn't a lot of variation due to the limited choices.

Without makeup:
    DAJuUta.png
    Laurel Plato

iAyUQ8k.png
    Augustine Woodrowe

0gLnwin.png
    Jasmine Calipsa

With makeup:
    UI9CGHf.png
    Aiko Tamahashi

dBdxB8d.png
    Selene Mykarios

9ifaXvJ.png
    Nicole Sanders

I'm sure i could make changes to a lot of the females in game to give them some option in the matter if there was a greater amount of range for customisation without having to go CC about it.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    The little cc that's in my game consists mostly of make-up. I would love some more , especially lipsticks.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    llamasflu wrote: »
    i use noodlesims makeup overhaul... a life saver

Anyone have a working link for this makeup?

https://noodlesims.tumblr.com/tagged/dls
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I've been waiting for more makeup options for SO long! I really wish they had better choices. Can I please have more "out there" lip/eyeshadow colors that don't look so wonky? Also, we literally don't need so many shades of blue and green lipstick, it's way too redundant.

Plus more shades of blush that work better for POC so they don't just have ONE choice! And what about contour makeup? I think that would be cool to have.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    SandySim wrote: »
    Is it driving anyone else crazy that we have such a poor selection choice for makeup? We need more blush, eyeshadows and lipsticks!

I 100% agree.....in fact there's only one blush! :scream:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yeah it is very out of date makeup too. Then again with how many male SimGurus there are who are probably naive to any sort of makeup even guyliner and nail polish for men. There is no blush for darker skin tones too which goes against the whole "inclusive" direction. We really need a opacity slider tool for makeup. One of my favorite CAS features in the Sims 3.

You would think they would get into the style of contouring makeup:
    379f22d74db59b890a7c59952517599b.jpg

colored eyelashes:
    xcoloried,P20eyelashes1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.oyrRe6WtXL.jpg

LED eyelashes:
    8-colors-1-Pair-Waterproof-Colorful-LED-Luminous-Eyelash-Light-Up-Fashion-False-Eye-Lash-Eyelid.jpg

Upcoming makeup trends for next year:
    https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/g29892877/makeup-trends-2020/

Nail art trends are really popular too:
    phcu2o7a802qbwe.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-08-10-at-10.26.28-AM-750x500.png

The sad thing is with how much Gurus claim to be trendy, they are decades behind when it comes to makeup and accessories and honestly they should know more about fashion than I do by now considering I'm not a trend follower but dance to the beat of my own drum.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    PickyPikachu has made new eyelashes that are low poly Maxis match. They’re laptop mode friendly. I downloaded them today on my gaming desktop and I love them! You still need the remove EA lashes mod, and they’re very much in the beta phase right now. They can be found in skin details, and best of all...they do not conflict with any clothing or accessory items. Here’s the link for those who are curious. I highly recommend them myself.

https://www.pickypikachu.com/2019/12/maxis-match-eyelashes-laptop-mode.html

I agree about the makeup situation. I absolutely love Crypticsim’s entire collection of make up. They have a gorgeous blush set called Cloud and a highlighter called Angel and there are swatches of both for any skin tone. I just love them, and their lipsticks and eyeshadows are to die for.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    PickyPikachu has made new eyelashes that are low poly Maxis match. They’re laptop mode friendly. I downloaded them today on my gaming desktop and I love them! You still need the remove EA lashes mod, and they’re very much in the beta phase right now. They can be found in skin details, and best of all...they do not conflict with any clothing or accessory items. Here’s the link for those who are curious. I highly recommend them myself.

https://www.pickypikachu.com/2019/12/maxis-match-eyelashes-laptop-mode.html

I agree about the makeup situation. I absolutely love Crypticsim’s entire collection of make up. They have a gorgeous blush set called Cloud and a highlighter called Angel and there are swatches of both for any skin tone. I just love them, and their lipsticks and eyeshadows are to die for.
    Those are very pretty thank you. See that is what I thought the Sims 4 eyelashes were going to look like before buying it. I use the Kijiko ones too because they have ones for kids and toddlers to use.

Sad when the eyelashes have the same low poly count as the mobile version:
    DkLLtrdU8AAROXG.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I wish for more (natural) lipsticks and nails.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd prefer some natural colors like our Sims were not getting ready to work at the circus.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"