Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you post images on the forum from Imgur on an Iphone?

I'm having trouble since the thread Rosemow sent me to is all pc and since I'm a console player my only hope to post pics is on a Iphone.
Help!!

Here is what happens when I followed the directions:

scd0DoE.png
I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!

Comments

• queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Anyone know? :)
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    You'll still need to upload the file to a third-party site like imgur, then put the bbcode link in your post. If you can't use the formatting buttons, just put an [ img ] before the pic, and an [ /img ] afterwards (without the spaces). Some sites like imgur have those image tags already as part of the bbcode links they offer. For example, this, without the img tags:

https://i.imgur.com/CB355pB.jpg

becomes this, once you add the tags:

CB355pB.jpg

As for whether you can upload from your phone to a given site, it probably depends on both your phone and how the site works.
    edited December 2019
    Okay I tried the photo by just adding .png since it automatically added the img from Imgur but I'll see if this works, thanks!

Test:

edited December 2019
    It didn't work...

oh wait

scd0DoE

[ img ]https://imgur.com/a/scd0DoE[ /img ]

@puzzlezaddict is there anything else that can help me?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm going to post you a link over here on how to share pictures from imgur.com based on the way that I share them to this site... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p4

Hope this helps... :)

Edit to add this link here as well as it has instructions on how to share a picture from imgur from a mobile device... :)
    https://socialnetworking.lovetoknow.com/about-social-networking/how-use-imgur-image-sharing
    Uploading From an App
    If you decide to upload images from your smartphone or tablet, the steps are similar. These steps below are the same for Android and iOS devices.

At the bottom of your screen, you will see a camera icon. Tap the icon.
    The first time you do this, you will be asked to "Allow Imgur to access photos, media and files on your device?" Click on "Allow."
    The images on your device's gallery will appear, or you can use your camera to take new images to upload. Tap on all the ones you want to upload and then click on the green "Next" button in the upper right corner.
    You will have to give your images a post title if you are posting them publicly. You can also choose whether you want the images to be public or private by clicking on the drop-down menu right under the post title field.
    When you are done, hit the "Post" button in the upper right corner. If you want the images to be private, the button will say "Upload" instead.

And this link as well... :)
    https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000524806-Sharing-Posts-GIFs-GIFvs-and-Images-

Again, I hope this helps you to get your pictures to show up here on the site... :)
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited December 2019
    I thought you had it almost right here:

You just needed to delete the spaces inside the brackets. But for some reason, when I removed the spaces, it didn't show correctly. Did you specifically use the BBCode link that imgur offers? When I follow this link, I see a post:

https://imgur.com/a/scd0DoE

But imgur has several different kinds of links, depending on what kind of formatting a given site uses. To get the right one, you need to click on your image, then copy the link under "BBCode" and paste it here.

If you ever want to see what the formatting looks like in a post, just hit the Quote button below that post, and you'll see the original text in the comment box where the quote appears.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Testing lol

0d5SlFq.png
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Thanks to you all. I think I found out what I was doing wrong!!! I had the same problem. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    edited December 2019
    scd0DoE.jpg

It just refuses to work
    Can someone just explain it in a plain way that I can understand?
    scd0DoE.png

I'll think I'll just give up it's too hard...
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    @queenvortex808
    try copying this code, can you do this on an iphone?
    it's listed under "get share links"
    RAhxas8.png

i'd check on my phone but i can't be bothered to download the app lol..
    origin id: kuhpflanzen โˆ˜ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

@poltergeist I checked and you can't... actually are the test photos I posted showing up? I probably can't see them from my phone or something.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    @poltergeist I checked and you can't... actually are the test photos I posted showing up? I probably can't see them from my phone or something.
    no they aren't. the issue is that imgur is giving you the link to the page rather than the image address. that is the link imgur gives you unless you click on the bb code option, but you are saying you can't do that on your phone so i'm not sure what the solution is. imgur has also disabled the use of their desktop site on mobile in favor of their app, otherwise that would be the workaround. ๐Ÿ˜•
    this is the code for your image:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/AlgwBim.jpg[/img]

AlgwBim.jpg
    origin id: kuhpflanzen โˆ˜ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

edited December 2019
    Can someone just explain it in a plain way that I can understand?

This is what I did. Upload the picture to imgur. Make sure you click on the photo you want to upload here so it's almost full screen

Then hit that symbol which represents share. On the bottom right

Then select the option that is going to pop up with your contacts. "Copy url"

Paste url here and put. [ img ] in front of the link and. [ /img ] in back of the link. But without the spaces in the brackets.

What I was doing wrong was not selecting the photo so that's almost full screen before selecting share button.

If you still can't get it, I'll try to illustrate with pictures.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

Here is your picture that you're trying to post. Of course since I am on my PC, I just right clicked over your picture to get this link here that has the .jpg behind it: https://i.imgur.com/AlgwBim.jpg

Now I don't have the imgur app on any of my mobile devices so I can't really explain to you how to get the picture code that I got to you but now that you can see the code on how it should be, you just need to copy and paste in between the [img][/img] so that the picture will show up in your thread... :)
    edited December 2019
    UluPX0h.jpg

Ugh it didn't show

I'm following all the directions yet it refuses to show.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    What you are posting @queenvortex808 is the image name only. There needs to be the url address in front of it AND there needs to be code telling the computer that image text follows: that's img in brackets. Then, the computer needs to know when to stop reading the image code, which is the same code, except the backslash "/" is added in front of the "img" text, between the brackets.

A picture must be uploaded to a host site. Then usually right clicking on it gives the option to copy the location. Then paste that info into the forum and type the code needed to read an image both before and after the url location.

So, this pretty much sums up it is impossible to do on a phone.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited January 2020
    Not impossible, but you need the URL to the image not to the page :) Other image hosting services may make it easier, but for the image you are trying to post, as it's hosted in imgur, you need to look for a link that starts by 'https://i.imgur.com'.

I'm not sure if there's an easier way of getting that, as I don't use imgur - but this is how I found it for your image using the latest iOS version:
    1. Tap on the image and hold until you get the menu with the option to 'Share...' appears.
    2. Tap on 'Share...'
    3. Choose 'Mail' (this might work with other apps, I tested with Mail)
    4. A window to compose an email will open. The URL you are looking for will be pre-filled in the email body. You want to copy the URL up to '.jpg', but without the '_d'. In this case https://i.imgur.com/YaKGbQq.jpg.
    5. After copying the link, cancel/close to go back to the browser.
    6. Paste the link on the forums, adding the [ img ] tags as you were trying to do already.

PS. Moving this thread to the 'Forum ideas & feedback' section.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited February 2020
    Testing the directions from EA_Mai
    3RdBBn9.png

Edit: I was able to post this using the instructions given by EA_Mai, I did use the Imgur app on iPhone @queenvortex808
    it still didn't work...