Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need more diversity of Sims hues in Paintings & Posters

The Sims has come a long way with inclusivity in the game. There are more diverse internationalities, foods, hair styles, names, clothing, and hues. However, when it comes to Paintings and Posters most of the sims are white. We need more diversity there too.

I want to see Sims of various hues in those paintings and posters.
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Me too
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Well, that's odd because what I have in my game packs doesn't include any portraits. Are you talking about portraits? The game's paintings are 99% landscaping or abstract art. Unless I've missed a whole slew of portraits in later EPs I didn't buy. The only two Sim portraits I recall are of the Victorian Sims in WB which makes sense since they are ghosts on the property and haunting the property they occupied. I haven't heard any news about more portraits in the packs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Cinebar There are a ton of posters and paintings that feature sims under the Paintings and Posters category. Especially the groupings of pictures that you can put on the walls too.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2019
    troshalom wrote: »
    @Cinebar There are a ton of posters and paintings that feature sims under the Paintings and Posters category. Especially the groupings of pictures that you can put on the walls too.

Thank you for answersing, these must be in all the EPs or GPs I didn't buy. If not a lot of diversity then I guess you make a valid point. I just don't have but a few in my game with the packs I own.

ETA: I don't know haven't seen it, but what I enjoy about TS2 is we can add any picture of anyone or anything we can download from anywhere, add that to the custom paintings folder, then have a Sim paint it, spread them over the hood (through gift giving) and viola, I have instant paints in my Sims homes of things I want to look at in their homes. If my other Sim can't paint I just have my better painter gift it to the household and I can hang it there. It may seem a murky way to get what I want in my game, but their homes can all reflect what type of Sim they are and their ancestors or what they like etc in their homes. I never even have to use any custom content to do this. I would like to see a custom painting folder in TS4 if there hasn't been one added yet. I've missed many patches and EPs etc. so sorry to talk about it if there is already one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Cinebar I like that custom folder idea.

People have been having sims paint CC paintings or photograph them too and remove the CC to upload of the gallery. Apparently EA caught wind that simmers are doing this and now all sim made paintings and photos on a lot are flagged as CC.