March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET SEASON 3 ** THE FINAL EPISODE HAS AIRED NOW **

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh dear, I'm busy right now. I guess I'll just see later on if I was assassinated :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I peeked.

Good thing Ninja had that 2nd life :grimace:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    - Ooh, calling a meeting is pretty clever. If a person is isolated, the news won't reach them.
    - I was gonna say they all had excellent memory if they remember all those details, but for them it's been only two weeks since they started :D
    - I like how people refer to it as the "spoiled pasta" now even though Frankie just didn't wash his hands after taking a dump :joy:
    - He kind of looks like he has bedroom eyes here :joy:
    Screenshot-63.jpg
    - Oh, histrionic personality disorder. Interesting :0
    - Aww, Freya
    - Dockhatt is breaking the limits of Sims 3's facial sculpting and shading system :joy:
    Screenshot-122.jpg
    - Aww, Min Hee
    - "Abstract art" :joy: The classic excuse of any teenage boy
    - I guess everything's been evened out now. Good luck, everyone!

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,714 Member
    edited December 2019

Current%2BChallenge.png

Jetsetters,

You have just been awarded §60.000. And you're allowed to keep it... if you manage to bring it to the other side of this field. It's guarded by drones and a sniper, so you have to watch your step. Luckily there's also some cover for you, and if you're lucky you can even find a doubler on the way, which doubles the money you bring in the pocket!

But first, you should divide the §60.000 among the 7 of you. The following rules apply to that:
    - Players can only carry full increments of §1.000.
    - A maximum of 2 players can carry the same amount of money (eg. 2 players carrying §10.000). This comes with the exception of:
    - A maximum of 3 people can carry no money at all and be merely distractors.

Every Jetsetter will attempt to cross this field pictures here:

Field_Tekengebied%2B1.png

Every round, a maximum of 2 Jetsetters will try to cross over from the START (the yellow row on bottom) to the FINISH (the blocked row on top). The Jetsetters can choose any field on the yellow line to start off. They move around like Knights in Chess, but are not allowed to jump over walls (see image).

While crossing over, they can stop on a x2 tile and get the choice to grab it. Finishing after grabbing a x2 will double the money they bring if they make it to the finish. If a x2 is grabbed, it is gone for later rounds. Someone can grab multiple doublers to try and earn a Clue, the effects will not stack however.

In the field the Jetsetters are pursued by 2 Drones (DR) and 1 Sniper (SN), both controlled by Vul.

The Sniper moves around like a Chess King, 1 square at a time. They also have a ranged attack like a Chess Queen's movement, which extends to the walls and field border. The Sniper can do their ranged attack after moving, but then they only have a 3-square range (see image).

The Drones move around like Chess Rooks, as far as they can in either horizontal or vertical direction, but not diagonally. Since they're airborn, they can fly over walls and attack Jetsetters from straight above immediately after moving. The dark grey areas however are roofed and save from dronefire.

Moves_Tekengebied%2B1.png

If a Jetsetter manages to finish with multiple 2x's they earn a Clue for themselves.

But first, you have to deliberate as a group and divide that §60.000. Good luck and lots of wisdom.

RULE REMINDER:
    - A maximum of 2 players can carry the same amount of money (eg. 2 players carrying §10.000). This comes with the exception of:

LIST TO FILL IN:
    Euphelia - §??.???
    Freya - §??.???
    Iris - §??.???
    Kiki - §??.???
    Lucas - §??.???
    Meredith - §??.???
    Oliver - §??.???

@icmnfrsh @kelvin @kittymeow @lillibattenberg @ninjakid150 @Smarties100 @YJB19299
    Post edited by M13Vulpecula on
    Banner.png
    How about 8000 for Oliver?

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    This is too much for my brain right now and I don't even know how to play chess. What happens if I don't take any money do I have to do anything? :sweat_smile:
    edited December 2019
    kittymeow wrote: »
    This is too much for my brain right now and I don't even know how to play chess. What happens if I don't take any money do I have to do anything? :sweat_smile:

You still have to try a run to the other side, but if you get caught nothing's lost. :)

Don't be afraid to ask questions on how things work though. :) I can try to help you out with them. :)
    Banner.png
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    What do you lot think I should do? I'm not a fan of risking any huge amount of money, but I'm open to suggestions on how much to take.
    Jacob_Banner.png

You still have to try a run to the other side, but if you get caught nothing's lost. :)

Don't be afraid to ask questions on how things work though. :) I can try to help you out with them. :)

Thanks Vul, sorry for being awkward. I'll have another read through, sometimes it takes me a bit to understand something when there is a lot of writing. I haven't got a good attention span and the words start jumbling. 😖

Thanks Vul, sorry for being awkward. I'll have another read through, sometimes it takes me a bit to understand something when there is a lot of writing. I haven't got a good attention span and the words start jumbling. 😖

Yeah, you still got some time to let them sink in - for now you gotta decide with the rest who carries what amount of money. :)
    Banner.png

Current%2BChallenge.png

First you have to deliberate as a group and divide that §60.000. Good luck and lots of wisdom.

RULE REMINDER:

LIST TO FILL IN:
    Euphelia - §??.???
    Freya - §??.???
    Iris - §??.???
    Kiki - §??.???
    Lucas - §??.???
    Meredith - §??.???
    Oliver - §??.???

@icmnfrsh @kelvin @kittymeow @lillibattenberg @ninjakid150 @Smarties100 @YJB19299

Banner.png
    Meredith will take §4000
    LIST TO FILL IN:
    Euphelia - §??.???
    Freya - §??.???
    Iris - §??.???
    Kiki - §??.???
    Lucas - §??.???
    Meredith - §4.000
    Oliver - §8.000

Remaining:
    §48.000/§60.000
    Banner.png
  • Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Apologies for being away everyone :) This week has been so hectic I haven't had time to do lots :S

I think I'll go with $3000
    LIST TO FILL IN:
    Euphelia - §??.???
    Freya - §??.???
    Iris - §??.???
    Kiki - §3.000
    Lucas - §??.???
    Meredith - §4.000
    Oliver - §8.000

Remaining:
    §45.000/§60.000

Don't forget that you can always change the money you want to bring along if you like. This is a group process after all. :)
    Banner.png
    Meredith gonna take §10,000 instead. 🤷‍♂️
    edited December 2019

LIST TO FILL IN:
    Euphelia - §??.???
    Freya - §??.???
    Iris - §??.???
    Kiki - §3.000
    Lucas - §??.???
    Meredith - §10.000
    Oliver - §8.000

Remaining:
    §39.000/§60.000

Don't forget that you can always change the money you want to bring along if you like. This is a group process after all. :)
    Banner.png

LIST TO FILL IN:
    Euphelia - §??.???
    Freya - §??.???
    Iris - §??.???
    Kiki - §3.000
    Lucas - §??.???
    Meredith - §10.000
    Oliver - §8.000

Remaining:
    §39.000/§60.000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxDp8oQXntA

• lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Okay then, Iris will start with 1000.
    Jacob_Banner.png
    LIST TO FILL IN:
    Euphelia - §??.???
    Freya - §??.???
    Iris - §1.000
    Kiki - §3.000
    Lucas - §??.???
    Meredith - §10.000
    Oliver - §8.000

Remaining:
    §38.000/§60.000
    Banner.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    edited December 2019
    I think I'm gonna take 12000 Simoleons for now
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    LIST TO FILL IN:
    Euphelia - §??.???
    Freya - §12.000
    Iris - §1.000
    Kiki - §3.000
    Lucas - §??.???
    Meredith - §10.000
    Oliver - §8.000

Remaining:
    §26.000/§60.000

If you want to change the money you take, feel free to do so.
    Banner.png
    I'm bumping myself up to 10,000, seeing the surplus

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    edited December 2019
    I am not exactly comfortable enough with keeping that much £££ on myself, to be completely honest. With a Rook and Queen both in play it's going to be really challenging to cross to the other side without much shielding.

Also I might have missed this but when do the drone and sniper move? Do they get a turn each round as well?

Just to confirm: The roofed area (squares in grey colour) are safe from Sniper but not Drone attack, is this correct?

And another question: say if both players (one on B10 and another B12) with drone (at B8), will B12 be safe from the drone's attack since B10 is technically "blocking" the Rook's direct attack at their direction as is the case in chess; or would they be both eliminated?
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    I'll take a bit more so you don't have to carry that amount.

Meredith will take §16.000