Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Filter Mod?

Does anyone know if there is as mod that allows a player to filter OUT CC. I like to have CC for my own personal use but when I make something with the intention of uploading it to the gallery I try to go CC free.

But sometimes when I get going I lose track and CC slips in by mistake and then I have to go through with a fine tooth comb and take them out which is very time consuming.

I know there is an in game filter that allows a player to limit to just CC but is there by chance a mod to do the reverse. It would be very helpful to filter out CC and just create without having to worry about making a mistake
All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
fN2f7ds.png

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No, not to my knowledge.

But how do you accidentally add CC? There’s a big blue wrench on the object. Are you using one of those wrench hiders or something?
  • TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    edited December 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    No, not to my knowledge.

But how do you accidentally add CC? There’s a big blue wrench on the object. Are you using one of those wrench hiders or something?

Bummer. Nah no hiders. My brain just automatically filters the wrench out when i'm in the creation zone.

It does the same with the pack icons on items. I have to slow my self down and comb through every item carefully to pay attention to the icons.

And some CC i'v had and used for so long I tend to forget its CC.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited December 2019
    You can hide CC from the catalog by overriding the original, but it hides it until the mod is taken out and will remove it from saves (so don't build and save in any save that uses them). You also have to do it for every swatch, so it's tedious. It would be easier to just remove your mods folder when building.

It would be nice if such a thing existed, but I'm not sure it's even possible.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I take out my mods folder and make my lots cc free in a cc free save. It’s easy to put back in when I want to play.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    What might work is if you filter items by pack. Check off all the packs you own and, since the CC isn't part of any packs, it shouldn't show up as long as the filter is on. I don't play with Build/Buy CC, so I can't test this theory, but it makes sense to me.
  • TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    whimreaper wrote: »
    What might work is if you filter items by pack. Check off all the packs you own and, since the CC isn't part of any packs, it shouldn't show up as long as the filter is on. I don't play with Build/Buy CC, so I can't test this theory, but it makes sense to me.

Unfortunately I just tested this and it doesn't work. It makes no since that there wouldn't be a filter for hiding CC when there is a filter for the opposite. Oh well...
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    edited December 2019
    TayoChan wrote: »
    whimreaper wrote: »

Unfortunately I just tested this and it doesn't work. It makes no since that there wouldn't be a filter for hiding CC when there is a filter for the opposite. Oh well...

In the same place that you find the filter for CC there should be a filter for Purchased content. Choosing Purchased should show only game content. This option is available in build/buy as well as CAS. In CAS you do have to enable the filter for each individual category,

Edit: Whoops, I didn't realize that Purchased shows every pack but not base game items. Still, it's a huge help.