Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

suspicious...

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Like, they know everyone was goign to want arts & crafts, as well as knitting. Then, I feel they did that because we already have knitting animations included on Discover University, and that they wouldn't have to do anything new for this. I haven't realized that, but Molly posted this video and you can clearly see the knitting needles and textures, as well as animation. Its such a lazy job to manipulate the community to be able to reuse stuff already in game, I would rather have them export and convert assets from SIms 2/3 (which would be a new 3D model in Sims 4) than reuseing stuff. Stop adding recolors of old objects, and now... ANIMATIONS TOO? omg... If you did a knitting animation in DU, add the knitting skill in DU. Otherwise, use the budget you spent on this to add something University related and leave knitting for the SP or a EP. gosh... SOmetimes EAxis is so disrespectful to us.

I kinda feel the same, or I think they purposely just put knitting in there cuz they know a lot of people will vote for that and it will still win. Kinda like how Laundry Pack won. Tho, I still kinda think the Laundry win was rigged. :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    Looking at the forum polls arts & crafts and knitting were most popular. I agree it's not surprising that they won, but there doesn't need to be a conspiracy behind it.
    It seems relatively unlikely that any one theme would get 51% of the vote with five contenders, but I would guess that a good share ranked arts & crafts first based on the community chatter, with ghosts just behind - probably a close 35-34 split, with the rest going to the other choices. Knitting itself was getting quite a bit of enthusiasm from players.
    Did Arts and Crafts officially get 51% of the vote? If it did it really would not surprise me the polls for which pack people wanted on the forums Arts and Crafts ended up at 46% that would just mean there is a higher % of supernatural players here slightly inflating its numbers on the forum vote.

No, I'm saying it probably didn't get 51% of the vote. It got a plurality, not a majority. It's possible that a runoff might have flipped it, with people who voted for other options voting for the grim reaper option. Then again, some players might have abstained or thrown in with the knitters because they don't care for occults.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    Looking at the forum polls arts & crafts and knitting were most popular. I agree it's not surprising that they won, but there doesn't need to be a conspiracy behind it.
    It seems relatively unlikely that any one theme would get 51% of the vote with five contenders, but I would guess that a good share ranked arts & crafts first based on the community chatter, with ghosts just behind - probably a close 35-34 split, with the rest going to the other choices. Knitting itself was getting quite a bit of enthusiasm from players.
    Did Arts and Crafts officially get 51% of the vote? If it did it really would not surprise me the polls for which pack people wanted on the forums Arts and Crafts ended up at 46% that would just mean there is a higher % of supernatural players here slightly inflating its numbers on the forum vote.

No, I'm saying it probably didn't get 51% of the vote. It got a plurality, not a majority. It's possible that a runoff might have flipped it, with people who voted for other options voting for the grim reaper option. Then again, some players might have abstained or thrown in with the knitters because they don't care for occults.

Why are people still talking about a plurality when we had to rank our choices in order of preference. I did a little bit of googling to see how Surveymonkey determined the most popular choice in such questions:
    Ranking questions calculate the average ranking for each answer choice so you can determine which answer choice was most preferred overall. The answer choice with the largest average ranking is the most preferred choice.

The average ranking is calculated as follows, where:

w = weight of ranked position
    x = response count for answer choice

(x1w1 + x2w2 + x3w3 ... xnwn)/Total response count

Weights are applied in reverse. In other words, the respondent's most preferred choice (which they rank as #1) has the largest weight, and their least preferred choice (which they rank in the last position) has a weight of 1. You can't change the default weights.

For example, if a Ranking question has 5 answer choices, weights are assigned as follows:

The #1 choice has a weight of 5
    The #2 choice has a weight of 4
    The #3 choice has a weight of 3
    The #4 choice has a weight of 2
    The #5 choice has a weight of 1
    We apply weights in this way to ensure that when the data is presented on a chart, it's clear which answer choice is most preferred.
    (from https://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/en_US/kb/How-do-I-create-a-Ranking-type-question)

It is clear from the discussion here and the user polls that:
    a) Arts and Crafts was the first preference of close to 50% of the people here.
    b) It was the second preference of many of Happy Haunts supporters and those who had other first preferences.
    and
    c) there was probably a substantial group that really did not want Happy Haunts at all and ranked it as their #5 choice.

As for the Happy Haunts people who are unhappy that knitting in particular came out on top, you had the same opportunity to rank the gameplay options within the Art and Craft category as anyone else did you not exercise that choice?
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Kaon45Kaon45 Posts: 6 New Member
    I agree with you.
    However, i don't think EA are the only one manipulating the community. I've seen a video of lilsimsie where she was almost asking/manipulating her community to vote for arts&craft and knitting.
    Without that video, happy haunts would have probably won. As it was a community favorite before that video.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Off the grid and handwashing clothes can count for echo friendly, no cars, cant get any friendlier to the planet than that 😂, theres wedding arches, cake, formal wear for weddings lol @Sigzy05
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I have learnt in life that you can't please everyone. It's happened, it's done. You can continue to vote on the next lot of things or not and no one is going to make you buy it when it comes out. That's how I see it. Plus how could anyone not see this happening? If Happy Haunts had won that WOULD of been a shock. It's like the last community SP all over again, you pick the one you want but you know deep down that the washing machines were going to win lol.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I don't really care. I'm just pleased that Sims 4 will be being added to at least until summer 2020. It takes that time and more to get these packs finished, as we have found with the Laundry Stuff pack.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019
    Something to keep in mind, even though the Sims 4 forum community skews younger and has more male players than I've seen in previous versions, most sims players are older women. It's possible that loyal sims buyers took the survey they were linked in their emails without making a single post about it on the forums. The jam making stove, glass blowing station and the bakery stove were very popular items in Sims 3 and they were released late in it's life. Sims 2 Freetime was a very well-received pack too.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Kaon45 wrote: »
    I agree with you.
    However, i don't think EA are the only one manipulating the community. I've seen a video of lilsimsie where she was almost asking/manipulating her community to vote for arts&craft and knitting.
    Without that video, happy haunts would have probably won. As it was a community favorite before that video.

she has a very small influence in the community and there were polls up before lilsimsie posted that video that had arts and crafts winning, over a very small margin, over happy haunts.

just because you're upset that people wanted, and voted for knitting, doesnt mean that there is a conspiracy (to...what end? why would they rig it? when some of the gurus were confused and baffled at the results as some of you are?) at EA.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think they've had enough popular feedback for Happy Haunts that it will come out in some version or form.

I hope we will see some of the other items from this poll. I also hope that they go farther with the Arts and Crafts theme.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    This is so dumb! So many ppl have written many other great ideas, useful items etc for so long and it always goes ignored and then they come up with stupid 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like this! Well this will be a pack I won’t be buying
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited December 2019
    Nothing will change, people voted for what they want. disappointing but seems many people prefers knitting over interesting and new concepts.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I don‘t think that EA would manipulate a vote. Some GameChangers definitely manipulated their young subscribers though to get their way.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    UPDATE: There's a lot of knitted stuff in the Tiny Living SP, from clothes to objects. Isn't this another clue that they manipulated this pack outcome?
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @Karon No. The Tiny Living SP has probably been in the works for a while; even before the results of the pack came out. We haven't even gotten the results of the syle vote yet; the clothes and objects in Tiny Living may end up a completely different style to what we're getting in the knitting SP. Just looking at them, none of them look similar to what we saw in our vote.

And maybe this is just me, but if they'd already planned on having some knitted stuff in Tiny Living, I'd think they'd have 'rigged' any one of the other gameplay options to win since knitting would be covered. To me, this is just more evidence that it was not manipulated.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    THIS IS what I have been saying ALL ALONG!!
    @Karon No. The Tiny Living SP has probably been in the works for a while; even before the results of the pack came out. We haven't even gotten the results of the syle vote yet; the clothes and objects in Tiny Living may end up a completely different style to what we're getting in the knitting SP. Just looking at them, none of them look similar to what we saw in our vote.

And maybe this is just me, but if they'd already planned on having some knitted stuff in Tiny Living, I'd think they'd have 'rigged' any one of the other gameplay options to win since knitting would be covered. To me, this is just more evidence that it was not manipulated.

I'd have to disagree, and not to mention we already have knitting needles in DU, the most likely rigged the vote so they wouldn't have to much work...but that's just me.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    My thought is that what we are actually voting for is what comes out first. If you look at the first community voted stuff pack, you will see that many of the items came out later in other packs.
    The same will happen here. At least when it comes to the most popular stuff (happy haunts).

I voted for arts and crafts to come out first. And then for the happy haunts and so on...

I don’t think EA or youtubers have manipulated us! Knitting is just the most popular choice.

I’m looking forward.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I think they just gave us pack options for animations that are already available or planned to be in the works. I don’t think they manipulated the results, they just presented choices they could create based on pre-existing or in-progress assets.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited January 2020
    My thought is that what we are actually voting for is what comes out first. If you look at the first community voted stuff pack, you will see that many of the items came out later in other packs.
    The same will happen here. At least when it comes to the most popular stuff (happy haunts).

I voted for arts and crafts to come out first. And then for the happy haunts and so on...

I don’t think EA or youtubers have manipulated us! Knitting is just the most popular choice.

I’m looking forward.

I don't remember any of the stuff from the last community stuff pack vote coming out. Where is the wedding pack, the danger pack, funerals? I'm still waiting for all of that. There is no guarantee that any of the stuff in the last or this one will ever make it in to the game. I too feel like both times it was manipulated in some way as well.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    a simguru on twitter mentioned that he voted for the artstyle that ended up winning, and that got me thinking about this thread. Why Gurus allowed to vote on this? Did the particpate in the Laundry day voting as well? I wasn't simming at that time so I don't know if they did or not but I feel like they shouldn't be able to vote with us.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    As much as I despise the knitting theme, I don't think this was manipulated. They seem to add these little open ended starting animations into packs to loop onto later in the future. For the Happy Haunts ghost hunter career (had it won) I completely expected them to use the same animation as the weed sucking machine used in gardening.

It's tempting to shout, IT'S ALL RIGGED when you're awash with disappointment, but I honestly don't believe it is. There are so many people who vocally supported Arts and Crafts and even more who were all about the knitting, that I really do believe this was the popular choice among the community members that participated in the voting.

As depressing as this is for me, I feel like this is a legit win.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don‘t think that EA would manipulate a vote. Some GameChangers definitely manipulated their young subscribers though to get their way.

Now THAT I could agree with.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Luxury wrote: »
    a simguru on twitter mentioned that he voted for the artstyle that ended up winning, and that got me thinking about this thread. Why Gurus allowed to vote on this? Did the particpate in the Laundry day voting as well? I wasn't simming at that time so I don't know if they did or not but I feel like they shouldn't be able to vote with us.

Yes Gurus voted the last time too. I’m certain it was Graham that mentioned he voted and I bet it was laundry as he was very much in favour of that theme!
    Luxury wrote: »

Gurus I don't be able to vote with us...no offense...