Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell Us a Story - A Time Your Sims Surprised You

Hi Simmers! I'm bored. Care to share your stories?

Here's mine. I've shared it before, but I was going through some old pictures and got all nostalgic. This was my first experience with a pet. I made a homeless "squatter" for a rags to riches challenge and had him adopt a dog once he had a bit of cash. They lived a long happy life together through all of it and until the sim had his own family. He had a ton of kids, I think 8 kids in total. And all the family loved the dog so much. Sometimes the kids would play with the dog so much he didn't have time to take care of his needs. I had to force the kids to do other things so the dog wouldn't die or be taken away (still not sure what happens). One of the routines I had was to take the family to the arcade every Saturday afternoon, but they left the dog at home. That particular day, it was two of the kids birthday. So they were enjoying the day when I notice the father missing and I'm like...where is this fool. So I switch over to him on the map and see that he is heading home and when he got there, Grimmy was there with the dog, and the animation for it was so heartwarming. I don't know why my sim decided to head home, but I'd like to think he wanted to be there with his beloved dog and watch him cross over. The funnier part was that he immediately insulted Grim once the dog was gone. Unfortunately, I didn't have the option to plead.

Milo - the sim dog I'll never forget

QPVwojj.jpg

0qgh6rk.jpg

sScIEva.gif

3PAhcDw.gif

L5e58G6.gif

O6b0Qch.jpg

Comments

• carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    My 2nd generation couple had twins and they are now teenagers with no twins on the father's side and (as far as I can tell) no twins on the mother's side either and I didn't do anything to influence the twins thing at all. Fraternal boy/girl twins. I don't have any pictures of them at the moment, though. Hopefully, I'll remember to take a screenshot of them next time I'm in that save.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited December 2019
    I did a bachelor challenge with my Simself and 7 ladies submitted by other Simmers. It also features their furry friends! The one he chose to be with in the end was very surprising! You can read the story on my blog:

https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/2019/10/01/the-geeky-bachelor/

I'm currently working on a legacy challenge with them as the founders.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I did a bachelor challenge with my Simself and 7 ladies submitted by other Simmers. It also features their furry friends! The one he chose to be with in the end was very surprising! You can read the story on my blog:

This is in the Sims 3 forum. Your bachelor challenge looks like it's Sims 4. Did you realize that? :smile:
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    I remembered when I sent a father and his son to Egypt, the food stall at the market caught fire. The locals were panicking but the son managed to put out the fire. There were a lot of fires on that save. Then, in another earlier save, I had a Graduation, fire and death on the same day (Bella Bachelor graduated along with a Sim in my household, Bella's father died at the same moment the table caught fire at my Sims' home.)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    edited December 2019

This is in the Sims 3 forum. Your bachelor challenge looks like it's Sims 4. Did you realize that? :smile:

Oops, sorry. I just came here from the Friday highlight. I remember something that surprised me in TS3 though: once I switched to the Bachelor family and Fiona McIrish (I think that's her name) was over and Simis proceeded to make out with her with his wife standing right there! They just met, too!

Also, while on a trip to Egypt, I saw two local women randomly making out. :D
    phULnBI.png
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

Thanks for sharing anyway. All sim stories are good no matter which game. 😁
    Sleepstar wrote: »
    I remembered when I sent a father and his son to Egypt, the food stall at the market caught fire. The locals were panicking but the son managed to put out the fire. There were a lot of fires on that save. Then, in another earlier save, I had a Graduation, fire and death on the same day (Bella Bachelor graduated along with a Sim in my household, Bella's father died at the same moment the table caught fire at my Sims' home.)

It always seems like some families/houses have fire problems. I remember once a sim was electrocuted to death. He had the fireproof homestead trait. Meanwhile, his wife was throwing a party for something and guests were just arriving and the living room went up in flames trapping a few guests. It was a riot!

Oops, sorry. I just came here from the Friday highlight. I remember something that surprised me in TS3 though: once I switched to the Bachelor family and Fiona McIrish (I think that's her name) was over and Simis proceeded to make out with her with his wife standing right there! They just met, too!

Now this I believe. My Sims usually make out with just about anyone whenever. Especially with those let's get to know each other better notifications. I feel like every single one of my Sims likes one another whether their married or in a relationship or whatever.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Does it count as your sims surprising you when they actually perform the queue you've lined up for them, rather than queue dropping everything and running to use the deep fryer or ice cream maker ? :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited December 2019
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

It always seems like some families/houses have fire problems. I remember once a sim was electrocuted to death. He had the fireproof homestead trait. Meanwhile, his wife was throwing a party for something and guests were just arriving and the living room went up in flames trapping a few guests. It was a riot!

Now this I believe. My Sims usually make out with just about anyone whenever. Especially with those let's get to know each other better notifications. I feel like every single one of my Sims likes one another whether their married or in a relationship or whatever.

Thank you and so true about the attraction system in TS3. I love your story, BTW. Grim is such a sweetheart when it comes to animals and it always warms my heart when he comes for them in such a bittersweet way.
    phULnBI.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Does it count as your sims surprising you when they actually perform the queue you've lined up for them, rather than queue dropping everything and running to use the deep fryer or ice cream maker ? :D

In my opinion, yes.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    The first time I sent a simmie on an adventure, I noticed the interaction "Learn song." I thought it was so neat as I watched my sim learn a song. After she got home, I had her take a bubble bath and while she bathed she sang the song she learned. I loved it and still make them learn all of the songs when they go adventuring!
    StephSteb wrote: »
    The first time I sent a simmie on an adventure, I noticed the interaction "Learn song." I thought it was so neat as I watched my sim learn a song. After she got home, I had her take a bubble bath and while she bathed she sang the song she learned. I loved it and still make them learn all of the songs when they go adventuring!

I love the songs, too. I love how they sing them randomly, especially in the shower. They seem more human when they do that.

Thank you and so true about the attraction system in TS3. I love your story, BTW. Grim is such a sweetheart when it comes to animals and it always warms my heart when he comes for them in such a bittersweet way.

Thanks! I honestly don't play with animals enough to see that, but I swear I broke down I'm tears when grim took that dog. I don't know if I want to go through that again. Haha

About the attraction system, I play with mods now so it probably doesn't work the same anymore, but I do remember that the sim I was playing witnessed her brother-in-law making out with another sim and the next time she saw her sister, she had the option to tell her about it. I thought that was awesome!
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    One time my sim was getting really late to work because I sent him to take a quick shower just minutes before the carpool arrived. Maybe it was a result of me speeding up the game a wee bit too much, his uniform did not load at all; he ended up going to work in his birthday suit instead.

Screenshot-2.jpg

Let's just pretend that he was in a hurry and had to get changed in the carpool. :D
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I have told this story before but it is worth repeating because it adds to my belief the little toerags have a life of their own once I have shut down the game and gone to bed. Very a la Toystory.

Once upon a time I had two sims who were very loved up. As a result they had several children and I decided they should have no more. There simply wasn't room and as I had built their house for them I was reluctant to let them move or extend. One afternoon while I was busy guiding one of their children towards a more skilled and talented future, I took my eye off the parents. When I next checked on the parents I found them both in the bedroom doing what comes naturally. Normally I give my sims some privacy but I was so surprised, because being in the bedroom and doing what comes naturally was not in their queues. So I sat and watched in fascinated horror as the male sim got out of bed with the biggest smirk on his face. A smirk that any TS4 sim would be proud of. He actually swaggered away and then I heard the little bell which tells us the stork is about to call .......

Now it could have been a glitch. If so, it seems extraordinary to me that the game knew precisely how I felt about this couple having another baby. Personally I think they planned it while I was away from the computer doing other things and put their plan into action the minute I was distracted with another sim. I will invite you to decide adding only that I play with high free will. I got my own back though. Whenever the baby needed changing at night or feeding I sent the male sim to do it. He didn't swagger quite so much then :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    edited December 2019
    I have told this story before but it is worth repeating because it adds to my belief the little toerags have a life of their own once I have shut down the game and gone to bed. Very a la Toystory.

Once upon a time I had two sims who were very loved up. As a result they had several children and I decided they should have no more. There simply wasn't room and as I had built their house for them I was reluctant to let them move or extend. One afternoon while I was busy guiding one of their children towards a more skilled and talented future, I took my eye off the parents. When I next checked on the parents I found them both in the bedroom doing what comes naturally. Normally I give my sims some privacy but I was so surprised, because being in the bedroom and doing what comes naturally was not in their queues. So I sat and watched in fascinated horror as the male sim got out of bed with the biggest smirk on his face. A smirk that any TS4 sim would be proud of. He actually swaggered away and then I heard the little bell which tells us the stork is about to call .......

Now it could have been a glitch. If so, it seems extraordinary to me that the game knew precisely how I felt about this couple having another baby. Personally I think they planned it while I was away from the computer doing other things and put their plan into action the minute I was distracted with another sim. I will invite you to decide adding only that I play with high free will. I got my own back though. Whenever the baby needed changing at night or feeding I sent the male sim to do it. He didn't swagger quite so much then :)

That is hilarious! I have a similar story about the same family that had the dog. Every time I turned my back, they were having another set of children...they had 2 sets of quadruplets and a whole bunch of twins. They were by far my most interesting family. This is what it was normally like through it:

M3fBun2.jpg
    Kelvin wrote: »
    One time my sim was getting really late to work because I sent him to take a quick shower just minutes before the carpool arrived. Maybe it was a result of me speeding up the game a wee bit too much, his uniform did not load at all; he ended up going to work in his birthday suit instead.
    Screenshot-2.jpg

Let's just pretend that he was in a hurry and had to get changed in the carpool. :D

That's funny. Those glitches always make the game more interesting.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member

That is hilarious! I have a similar story about the same family that had the dog. Every time I turned my back, they were having another set of children...they had 2 sets of quadruplets and a whole bunch of twins. They were by far my most interesting family. This is what it was normally like through it:

M3fBun2.jpg
    Kelvin wrote: »
    Screenshot-2.jpg

That's funny. Those glitches always make the game more interesting.

It sounds like your sims spent all their time nappy changing and feeding. You would have thought it would have been enough to put them off having more children :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Mstybl95: Giggles. Where did you find those cute cribs?
    :) Smile!

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Mstybl95: Giggles. Where did you find those cute cribs?
    I'm pretty sure those are these: https://koposov-sims.blogspot.com/2014/02/set-no18-kids-bedroom-for-sims-3.html
    Yes, those are them. By far my favorite piece of CC. You can place them in a 3 tile room and Sims can still use both sides.
  • Lisal2Lisal2 Posts: 21 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hope this picture will show of Letitia is now a toddler.
    Post edited by Lisal2 on