Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving a building

CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
Not sure if this is the right thread. I built four small buildings on a lot intending for it to be a retail space when my starter Sim's children were grown and could run a business Now I've decided I want to use only one of the four buildings and place it on a much smaller lot.

After saving the original lot to my library, I used the sledge hammer tool to remove all traces of the other three buildings and saved just the one I wanted to keep to my library. I was unable to move the single building to a smaller lot. I also tried copying it but wasn't able to figure out how to paste in another lot, in another town (moving from Newcrest to Brindleton Bay).

Is there any way to move my one small building to a small lot, or will I need to recreate it?

Comments

• Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    You should be able to go to the smaller lot and load the larger lot onto it from the library. Normally, if the saved lot were the same size or smaller than the target lot, the game would just drop it there; but if the saved lot is bigger, the game will give you the option of moving the lot around until the bits you want to keep are all inside the boundaries of the smaller target lot, and the rest will just go away when you drop it.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Xinqun wrote: »
    You should be able to go to the smaller lot and load the larger lot onto it from the library. Normally, if the saved lot were the same size or smaller than the target lot, the game would just drop it there; but if the saved lot is bigger, the game will give you the option of moving the lot around until the bits you want to keep are all inside the boundaries of the smaller target lot, and the rest will just go away when you drop it.

Thanks, @Xinqun . I'll have to try again.