The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cross platform Gallery coming to The Sims 4!

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Big news for console players during Maxis Monthly today! The team is working on bringing The Gallery to consoles!

Not only that, but the Gallery will be cross platform
: all the non-modded content you share on the Gallery will be available on all platforms! Want to share that awesim lot you have built on your console with all The Sims 4 players? Get it ready because you will be able to do so early next year!

All the details here (starting minute 19:30):

Comments

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Was this the big announcement that was teased? 😑
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Yes! This was the big announcement we mentioned when talking about Maxis Monthly - something many console players have been wishing for (I'm really happy we are doing this!) and that brings the console experience even closer to the PC/Mac one.

You will be able to share your creations with all Simmers, no matter in which platform they play, and it will make your Gallery content available for many more people! :)
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Thank you. I do not like building and I know that I am bad at it lol console players kept asking constantly. I am happy.
    I'll still show off my small starter homes. 😁
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    That is awesome news! As a console player, I would like to thank you all!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Thankyou guys this is amazing!!! My sister is so happy <3
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Again thank you everyone in EA for bringing this over 😊 I'm so happy, I'm not the greatest builder 😂 I've got better than just building a square but still far from talented lol so I'm excited to have talented builders lots in my game, I'm more of a sim creator I can bring that to the gallery
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Yeay!!!! So excited!
  • ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    This is perfect because now I can transfer my households & builds from my console to the PC now that I’ve switched. Still wish sims was cross compatible like many other Xbox games, buuuut whatevs. Already spent the $300ish to switch. Now I’m just glad I can play with my old sims on pc.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I think it's really good that you guys have done this update for console. But I'd like to give a bit of feedback too.

Perhaps in future when hyping big announcements it may be a good idea to specify if it's an announcement for console, PC, mobile, or something for all three. Also I feel that the gallery update; while necessary, is not a humongous development.

I do understand the desire to create hype but creating the right kind of hype is important too.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
    I also believe they did not specify console because it would ruin the surprise. What other big surprise could it be if they said console? Everyone would have guessed.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I can't wait!
    You PC-players should be excited too, you'll finally get to download our beautiful console builds B)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    This is perfect because now I can transfer my households & builds from my console to the PC now that I’ve switched. Still wish sims was cross compatible like many other Xbox games, buuuut whatevs. Already spent the $300ish to switch. Now I’m just glad I can play with my old sims on pc.

Sames. I made a very nice looking male sim on ps4 and tried recreating him on my pc. I even went so far as to set up my ps4 in the same room as my pc and go through each individual area and comparing, i.e. nose, eyebrows. My dude never looked the same, but now I can have the OG on my pc. Im really stoked for console players. It seemed like it may never happen for the longest time.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I can't wait!
    You PC-players should be excited too, you'll finally get to download our beautiful console builds B)

There was a really nice house that had been imported when Get Together had dropped for console and I had tweaked it here and there, adding little touches, you know. Could never find the original house on pc gallery, now I can download it from myself, lol.
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I can't wait!

I can't build for scratch. I depend on you guys to make my world beautiful. So I cant wait 🤭
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    This is indeed happy news for me because I also cannot build at all but not having a gallery has made me start doing small affordable homes. I will continue to do so but I can now download Marmalad's builds. I am super excited to DL the amazing builds I see.
    :D:)
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited December 2019
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited December 2019
    That's great news for console players! I was always surprised that they didn't get some some form of the Gallery, not even Maxis Picks.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Console players are a HUGE part of the player-base and we have been waiting for this for a long time. This was indeed worthy of the huge announcement and all the hype. Thank you so much sims team for making this work, and cross-platform as well! I can't wait to get back into the game again and download everyone's amazing builds!
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited December 2019
    I also believe they did not specify console because it would ruin the surprise. What other big surprise could it be if they said console? Everyone would have guessed.

It could have been the news that My First Pet Stuff was finally going to be released... 😅😆
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Finally! Really hate building so this is really great news.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
    _natalie wrote: »

It could have been the news that My First Pet Stuff was finally going to be released... 😅😆

Lmbo🤣🤣🤣 that's true. My sister is still waiting on that one.
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    Super excited about this ^_^, wonder what month it will release for consoles ^_^
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Will be good for us that play TS4 on both PC and Console. Now I can download some sims in my pc library to my console library.
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    @EA_Mai will EA access be needed to use the gallery?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    will EA access be needed to use the gallery?

Probably just Xbox Live (or the PS4 equivalent), but good question.