Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing lifetime want

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
Is the only non-mod way to change the Lifetime want is to use the ReNuYuSenso Orb? My Sim has the family aspiration but her lifetime want is to raise 20 puppies or kittens which is NOT going to happen. So do I have to have her use the Orb a few times (switching her aspiration to something else and then back again) to get her a better LTW?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Hi :)
    I think it's the safest without a mod.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I use cheats. This won't corrupt your game or anything.

Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the typing box, then type and press enter after: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    Shift-click your Sim and click Spawn-> Sim Modder. When it spawns, it'll look like a baby.
    Click on that and Wants and Fears... -> Lifetime -> and choose to Cycle through all Lifetime Wants or just the ones for Current Aspiration

If you get a lifetime want you like, sell the baby, and turn off the testing cheats by doing: boolprop testingcheatsenabled false

I do this a lot, because I'm rarely satisfied with what the game randomly gives me.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    Another tip for children growing up to teens: the LTW won't be rolled at once, it's rolled when either
    1) you fulfill a want, or
    2) when you save and return to the hood, then enter the household again.

If you use the second method, return to the household and don't like the LTW, you can quit without saving and return for a reroll. When you get an LTW you like, save to lock it in. :)
    Banner.png
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Following lol

—T
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Also, you can use the batbox, or FFS lot debugger. It lets you reroll them.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the typing box, then type and press enter after: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    Shift-click your Sim and click Spawn-> Sim Modder. When it spawns, it'll look like a baby.
    Click on that and Wants and Fears... -> Lifetime -> and choose to Cycle through all Lifetime Wants or just the ones for Current Aspiration

If you get a lifetime want you like, sell the baby, and turn off the testing cheats by doing: boolprop testingcheatsenabled false

I do this a lot, because I'm rarely satisfied with what the game randomly gives me.

This is the option I would choose. I have used the Sim Modder (baby) for many things, and you can leave it on the lot and turn off boolprop and not have any harm to game. You may want to use it later for something else.

OP, As far as the batbox and FFS lot debugger I have never seen options to change LTW on those. They remove stuck NPCs (hidden) and invisible objects stuck on lot and best not to use them if you aren't experiencing any problems. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, is my motto.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    One way which is legit, would be to take the aspiration changer reward, change aspiration once (example- fortune), saving the game, and then, back to the fam aspiration, until you got the LTW you desire.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    I use sim blender and a mod that makes pet life time wants not show up... Even then it takes forever for the LTW I want to play to show up...
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member

I use this method too. I have done so for years. I simply do not like a lot of the LTA that sims have. It always seems like they have the same thing as every other sim and lately, it's been criminal career. I so don't like that one at all!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    lately, it's been criminal career. I so don't like that one at all!

Oh man, this is why I hate the inability to choose them like you do in 3. Even EA's premades have this problem of half the neighbourhood's upstanding nice guys wanting to be evil criminals for no real valid reason.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.