Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Artsyle for the Arts & Crafts SP do you like the most and WHY?

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Obviously #1 is gonna win. >.>

To answer OP's question, I dislike all these styles.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited December 2019
    also can we talk about how table in cozy stuff has
    EMPTY SHELVES YOU COULD PUT THINGS ON YES CUSTOMIZATION
    (please do that with shelves no matter what style wins)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited December 2019
    Koteyka wrote: »
    Torn between Granny and Cozy... I really like the furniture shape in Granny but the colours... urgh... they remind me of Movie Night... I can't decide :s

There will most likely be plain swatches versions as well in Granny Chic
    a256aFi.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Honestly, I’m not too thrilled with any of them, but 2 or 3 are probably closer to what I’d pick. I like the industrial-style feel of 2, but 3 feels like it has more like an arts and crafts theme. Can’t wait for the next poll to open next week!
    edited December 2019
    eX3BV1T.png
    can't we just do this instead? and add swatches for different aesthetics?
    like some grandmaish shades some earthy shades and some ikeaish shades
    (sorry the paint quality and messes tho im too noob for this)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    eX3BV1T.png

You for president. Although sadly I don't think the Gurus will do that :( Remember though, this vote is to pick which STYLE the pack is going to focus on, not the objects included.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Granny Chic is my top pick for a couple of reasons. It feels like it has the most character, and I would probably get the most use out of build/buy items in that style.

I like some elements of the cozy one, but it's almost too plain; I don't feel strongly about it either way. Some items in the DIY one are okay, but I'm not interested in the bright/pastel/cutesy vibe it's going for.
  • sparklilisparklili Posts: 29 Member
    Can we please please please have rocking chair?

The cuckoo clock is by far my favourite object of all of them. I actually remember my grandma’s cuckoo clock with the pine cone weights and my grandma knitting.

But the room I like the best is the brown one

Yes!!! If they end up doing a knitting focused pack and don't include a rocking chair i think people are going to go off!
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    eX3BV1T.png

i like how you shoved the rooster into there, he's gotta make it through no matter what artstyle wins.
  • Milivia77Milivia77 Posts: 1 New Member
    I like the upper right, then bottom and then the upper left. Colors can be changed so that isn't a deciding factor for me.
    edited December 2019
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    eX3BV1T.png

i like how you shoved the rooster into there, he's gotta make it through no matter what artstyle wins.

yes. #roostersquad
    and also it was perfect object to show i want to put whatever I want there
    not just some presets that limit usage of objects

(well, unless its rooster I can forgive cause like that doesn't go too into direction of craftroom
    or laundry or kitchen or whatever and I'd still get lots of use out of that wholesome object)

+ I know they are asking about style not objects but still I feel like it's a petty question when we could just do mix and match and be happy
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I like the pink and blue room!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I never really saw knitting as a studio craft, it's more something to do in a warm cozy room & comfy chair.

I think this is the reason why I'm liking Granny Chic and DIY Delight more than Cozy Craft Workshop. They both look like they're rooms in someone's home. Both give me that cozy and homey aesthetic which is what I really want for this pack. The homemade decor, spread around both rooms really add to that feeling.

Cozy Craft Workshop, despite having cozy in the name, doesn't feel cozy at all to me. It feels like just a workshop, which is the opposite of the vibes I was looking for in a pack like this. The room just feels kind of dull, unlike the cute and quirky appeal of the other two.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited December 2019
    They all have something I like about them, but I think I like Granny Chic best. It's just so cute and homey.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    While I instinctively was drawn to the industrial, unisex room first, I also like the Granny Chic for its antiquey look. Really don't like the pink one, it's very modern and young and doesn't look as much like a knitting craft room to me. I also think that, since this pack is going to revolve around knitting and not sewing, (which I feel would be better represented with the third style because that big center table looks like a sewing table for laying large pieces of cloth down), I'd like to see it go in the direction of catering more towards Elders. I've been wanting an Elders Stuff Pack for a while and this could fill in some of the gaps for that neglected life stage.

Plus, I love the cuckoo clock and the tea set and the hanging plants. <3

So:
    #1 Looks like the best representation of knitting to me, also good for Elders, could lead to expanding some more objects and CAS for Elders as well. I'll probably vote for this one.

#2 While I like it, looks more like a workshop for rugged crafts or pottery or glass. Doesn't say "knitting" to me.

#3 Looks a lot like a sewing room. There's a big difference between sewing and knitting, and while I'd have liked to have sewing as a choice, it wasn't listed as a craft. But maybe if this is chosen, they'll add sewing as well.
    #Team Occult
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Someone should make a poll again. Last poll was a very good indicator of the final voting results.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    The middle bottom picture gets my vote. I would buy the pack if that style was included. The others are just too bright for my personal taste.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    My daughter and I were discussing this today ( my sims 4 is on PC and hers is on the console, can’t wait till we can share lots on the gallery) We admit we like different aspects of each pack, but decided that the granny pack is our favorite. We just hope they include some natural wood tables bookshelves etc. AND I hope they have swatches with doilies And swatches without doilies.... there are just a few too many in that granny room at one time.... even my grandmother didn't Have that many on the furniture.... lol. Some of the reason we picked granny room over the upper right room were because of the objects. We loved the little foot stool with the teapot, the cuckoo clock, the knitting basket with the knitting needles up on the shelf ( we are hoping that’s a clutter item), the umbrella stand ( hoping it is functional like the one we have now.), the embroidery and Afghan on the wall, the hanging planter on the right, the cute table lamp, knitting stand, basket of knitted things and the shelf with the squirrel and knitted bunny, and the rug with that clutter yarn on it, the cozy chair, and the the talk craft shelf ( hope it comes with swatches with the drawer closed as well, and in a natural wood color.). And the cute chair with a pillow. It will be hard to choose the objects.

In the pink room to the right we love the square craft desk with chair, wooden basket of yarn, and the wooden skeins of yarn, along with some of the wall posters.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Could we vote separately on different aspects?

For example:
    • color palette
    • build mode
    • crafting desk
    • other furniture
    • drapery/wall objects
    • knick-knacks
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Granny chic because I LOVE that door design!
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

For example:
    • color palette
    • build mode
    • crafting desk
    • other furniture
    • drapery/wall objects
    • knick-knacks

this is just voting on general artstyle.

they're doing this the way they typically run their pack-making process, we're just being included in the final decision.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019

For example:
    • color palette
    • build mode
    • crafting desk
    • other furniture
    • drapery/wall objects
    • knick-knacks

Please remember that you will be voting for the overall SYLE of the pack next. The object vote will be held at another date and may include objects that are or not in these concept art rooms. Don't choose a room based on the objects, choose it based off of the style of furniture and clothing, that you like the most
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    It's a tough call, but the more I look at them the more I am drawn to the one in the middle on the bottom row that looks more like a workshop. I like the mature, somber, utilitarian, and more gender-neutral feel of it. It looks more like the type of space I would prefer for myself when working on creative projects, and it fits better with a lot of my existing sims, who are mostly male.

I think it's very hard to mentally separate "style" from "items". That's why I had to look at them for a while. I really like some of the individual items in the other styles (such as the hanging plants and the shelves with diagonal spaces in the "Granny" style). I also think we need some less-modern styles just in general for less-modern houses and families, so I was initially drawn to the "Granny" style just for that reason.

But the workshop concept just speaks to me, as the feel of a place both I and most of my favorite sims would want to spend time in, and I think that's the one I'd choose.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Granny Chic for me probably. I like the Cozy Craft one well enough, but it looks like stuff we've already seen in other packs. I would be disappointed to see DYI Delight win, it's too dark and dreary for me. Plus I hate the industrial design style.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻