Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FARMING EXPANSION PACK?

What would you add to this?
First off, we'd get a new world, warm weather, lots of trees and grass. It'd have an oasis spring sort of vibe.
New animals: sheep, cows, horses, goats, chickens. Only obtainable if you have the required lot traits (fertile soil, for example.) A farming job (could be active): skills needed are breeding, agriculture, and gardening. Branches are professional farmer (mostly breeding horses/cows/goats/sheep/chickens and agricultural activity), and animal carer (mostly feeding, bathing, brushing the horses/cows/goats/sheep/chickens , taking them to the vet, etc.).
New lot type: farm. New build/buy objects like fences, roofing, cages for the calves and chickens, agricultural machines, automatic watering device for the plants, mud puddles, etc.
New clothes; all farming related and some new cute hairstyles.
What other things would you like to see on a farming expansion pack?

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I honestly don’t think we’d get a farming expansion pack. Game pack maybe....I’d want new lot traits that allow you to run your own farm with animals and new harvestable 💙
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    Game pack yes! Expansion, no. I want these things:

1)Livestock that function like cowplants. They stay in one place and you have to house them in a barn or pasture and you need to feed them and you can give them treats and stuff. Maybe an interaction like "Ride horse" but its a rabbit hole and the sim and horse disappear for like 30 min and come back. Also we need dinosaur livestock. Because. Dinosaurs!
    2)Barn build mode items. I love building barns and I want actual barn doors.
    3)A whole world of farms. And we need a mom and pop shop that sells icecream and iced tea and fried okra and fried chicken and peach cobbler and homemade pies and stuff.
    4)Plants: (I don't have seasons, so forgive me if there's repeats) Okra, peaches, asparagus, eggplants, radishes, turmeric, ginger, thyme, rosemary, etc
    5)an item that is a field (maybe 5x5) where you can interact with it like gardening but its for corn, wheat, barley, etc and you can "till" "sow" "harvest" and use a tractor (omg tractor!!!!!)
    6) I need a sweet grandma NPC character. The kind that pinches your cheeks and tells you you need more meat on your bones.
    7)New recipes: fried okra, fried chicken, chicken fried steak, mashed taters, tater tots, lentil soup, baked beans, peach cobbler, grits, jumbalaya, shrimp n grits, cheesy grits, tex mex etc
    8)Activities: Making and jarring jam. (So if strawberries are $3, jamming them would be $5 so make them more profitable). Tilling field, riding tractor (needs happy moodlets for kids), sitting on front porch drinking sweet tea, talking about football, tailgating (rabbithole event).
    9)We need football in this pack! Like a football ball. Tailgate pennants. Jello shots (of juice of course), we need team rivalries.
    9.5)Let's just base the new world on the state of Alabama (Roll Tide Roll) and in that case we NEED football
    10)CAS: more cowboy boot and cowboy hat options (I own 5 pairs of cowboy boots and none of them look like the current option). I want baseball hats with pictures of green tractors on them! I want more button downs with the sleeves rolled up! I want dirty jeans! I want jeans that tuck into boots! I want steel toes! I want straw hats! I want buttons downs with the sleeves rolled up so high the biceps are exposed! And I want a teeth option with straw sticking out! I want sundresses! I want more cutoff shorts ! I want shirts with tractors and footballs and roll tides on them! I want shirts with pigs!
    11)I want a whole set of pig themed kid room items! And a cow print rug! AND I NEED BALES OF HAY IN THE DECORATIONS\CLUTTER CATEGORY (They should funciton like crates do in cats and dogs, allowing pets to interact with them). I would also like a rug that looks like scattered hay. Also I need kitchen items! Specifically counters and cabinets. Nothing else. Just counters and cabinets. There's not enough options right now.

Sorry, I got a little carried away. But also, I just planned this entire pack, so you're welcome EA.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Yes, it would have to be an expansion pack! There is too much material to cover for a game pack.

- A decent sized world with large lots.
    - More harvestables: wheat, oat, barley, corn, cabbage, pole beans, eggplant, cucumbers, blueberries, oranges, peaches, more herbs (just a few to think of offhand) and more convenient ways to mass garden and harvest.
    - Livestock: chickens, cows, pigs, sheep, llamas and being able to "harvest" them for eggs, milk, wool, etc.
    - Producing items to use or sell from the "harvestables". Canning fruits/veggies, churning butter, spinning wool, sewing blankets and clothing.
    - A Farmers' Market to buy/sell the goods that are produced.
    - A County Fair with a few carnival rides, face painting, caricature artists, baking contest, pie-eating contest and a new food stand to sell corn dogs, cotton candy and funnel cakes.
    - More country-style build items and CAS.
    - Some off the grid objects that could include a well to draw water from.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited April 2019

1)Livestock that function like cowplants. They stay in one place and you have to house them in a barn or pasture and you need to feed them and you can give them treats and stuff. Maybe an interaction like "Ride horse" but its a rabbit hole and the sim and horse disappear for like 30 min and come back. Also we need dinosaur livestock. Because. Dinosaurs!
    3)A whole world of farms. And we need a mom and pop shop that sells icecream and iced tea and fried okra and fried chicken and peach cobbler and homemade pies and stuff.
    4)Plants: (I don't have seasons, so forgive me if there's repeats) Okra, peaches, asparagus, eggplants, radishes, turmeric, ginger, thyme, rosemary, etc
    5)an item that is a field (maybe 5x5) where you can interact with it like gardening but its for corn, wheat, barley, etc and you can "till" "sow" "harvest" and use a tractor (omg tractor!!!!!)
    6) I need a sweet grandma NPC character. The kind that pinches your cheeks and tells you you need more meat on your bones.
    7)New recipes: fried okra, fried chicken, chicken fried steak, mashed taters, tater tots, lentil soup, baked beans, peach cobbler, grits, jumbalaya, shrimp n grits, cheesy grits, tex mex etc
    8)Activities: Making and jarring jam. (So if strawberries are $3, jamming them would be $5 so make them more profitable). Tilling field, riding tractor (needs happy moodlets for kids), sitting on front porch drinking sweet tea, talking about football, tailgating (rabbithole event).
    9)We need football in this pack! Like a football ball. Tailgate pennants. Jello shots (of juice of course), we need team rivalries.
    9.5)Let's just base the new world on the state of Alabama (Roll Tide Roll) and in that case we NEED football
    10)CAS: more cowboy boot and cowboy hat options (I own 5 pairs of cowboy boots and none of them look like the current option). I want baseball hats with pictures of green tractors on them! I want more button downs with the sleeves rolled up! I want dirty jeans! I want jeans that tuck into boots! I want steel toes! I want straw hats! I want buttons downs with the sleeves rolled up so high the biceps are exposed! And I want a teeth option with straw sticking out! I want sundresses! I want more cutoff shorts ! I want shirts with tractors and footballs and roll tides on them! I want shirts with pigs!
    11)I want a whole set of pig themed kid room items! And a cow print rug! AND I NEED BALES OF HAY IN THE DECORATIONS\CLUTTER CATEGORY (They should funciton like crates do in cats and dogs, allowing pets to interact with them). I would also like a rug that looks like scattered hay. Also I need kitchen items! Specifically counters and cabinets. Nothing else. Just counters and cabinets. There's not enough options right now.

Sorry, I got a little carried away. But also, I just planned this entire pack, so you're welcome EA.

You do realize this couldn't fit in a game pack, right? ;) I'm not even sure all that want could fit in an expansion pack! :D
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

all this in a game pack.
    it would have to be an expansion, and even an expansion pack with the sims 4 will be smaller.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! I moved this over to the Ideas section :smile:
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2019
    To a Farming Expansion pack, I would add...

Nectar Making
    Produce nectar bottles by stomping fruits you've grown at your farm, which will age over time and become more valuable. Build nectar cellars to store nectar bottles!
    When drinking nectar, Sims can become Flirty. If the drank too much the become Dazed.
    latest?cb=20160330200011
    latest?cb=20120212072002

Canning
    Turn your fruits & vegetables into jam & pickled vegetables.
    latest?cb=20180123101249
    FEATURED-IMAGE-PSD-3.png

Mechanical Bull Rodeo
    Ties in with the new Riding skill and horses, Sims who are better at riding will fail less often at the mechanical bull rodeo. Yeehaw!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=athhVcdvSJk
    latest?cb=20140901154702
    You can also gain Riding skill from this object.

Haystack WooHoo
    Like in Sims 3, Sims can WooHoo in a haystack. That's how they WooHoo on the farm! (Listen to the iconic music during the WooHoo)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nCogCaG7EF0

Spinning Wheel
    Turn wool from sheep into jarn using the spinning wheel!
    MTS_dragonarts-668914-SpinningWheelSkillinGame.jpg

Butter Churn
    Turn milk from cows into butter using the butter churn.
    latest?cb=20120723005012
    https://youtu.be/cqa8l_P3cLg
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
    edited April 2019
    I don't know why I didn't think of this before!

I'd like to see the fryer come back in this pack as well. Our Sims should be able to make fried okra and fried squash. It could also be used to make funnel cakes at home along with fried ice cream and other recipes. Deep-fried turkey, anyone? :)
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited April 2019
    I love the idea of a farming pack but I dont care about having animals. I dont want that kind of farm. I want them to expand and perfect vegetable, herb, fruit and flower plants. I want to be able to produce items from them like canning jams, plantain chips, pesto and other dips and sauces for sale.

Having chickens for eggs would be cool but I just hate the way gardening is right now and I'm hoping if we get farming they might change it. That huge weed sucking machine just ruins the experience for me. I really despise over the top unrealistic stuff like that in game. And I hate how to sell produce is just dont woth a click of the mouse with no gameplay or skills attached to any of it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    @ClassicSims You're not the only one who wants a Farming pack and there are lots of previous threads on the topic but another one will keep it in their minds!
    It came second in the Theam Pack choice survey by @GrimSuruDoi last month, only beaten by Students.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    I'd love a farming EP so much. ♡

Getting a new world it's always exciting, and its so fun to explore the new map, the landscapes (just imagine the beautiful greeny meadow landscapes), the new families and even the little backstory of the town. I imagine a little town with big farms and beautiful roads and corn fields in between. Maybe a world with two parts in the map, similar to the world of cats and dogs and Windenburg where you have the country side and then the little town, where it could new streets markets or stalls that would sell fresh fruits and veggies, and home made produits like fruit jam or nectar. Idk! Crossing the road to the town it could be a river where sims could go fishing and swimming (if that's not asking too much. Haha)

I think something really necesary and that would be awesome to have, similar to RoM and SV, would be a really familiar and small town with a little history. I know that I would love to have, for example, leyends and stories about the old railways or the enchanted scarecrow, or the great pumpkin, that grandparents would tell to their grandchildren and kids would tell to each other to scare their friends. Every single town has their own leyends ands traditions and stories that are part of it, and even tho it may seem like a silly thing, I think this kind onf things give the game a beautiful and sweet touch and are great for simmers who love story telling.
    I don't want an empty town that only looks like a town. I want a little town with soul and that feels like an old little town. Details like that its what sometime's missing and that would make the gameplay something really enjoyable in my opinion.

About the new features, of course I would love to have HORSES, cows, chickens and sheeps at least. Imagine how cute would be to have a toddler holding baby chickens while their biggers sibblings get the eggs for breakfast. Or to have the whole family together helping their cow or horse to give birth. Honestly. Family goals. If its combined with parenthood, this kind of task could help the kids with responsability and empaty, for example. That would be so cute.

About the new objects, I'd really love to have a big (NOT giant, like the telescope, just big enough) rustic oven where my sims could bake pies and bread. ♡
  • Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member
    This would actually be a really interesting pack. or expansion. Would be nice too if you could have your own store to sell your goods.
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Direct control simmers :) !!!!! :)