Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Artsyle for the Arts & Crafts SP do you like the most and WHY?

Comments

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Love the pink room! We've never had a craft table like the one in the photo.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    My personal fave is the industrial/neutral one. There are elements in all of them that I like but as an overall thing, the neutral tones and workshop feel is definitely a winner for me.

I know more what I don't like about the other two (the granny one looks too much like the C&D style and the modern one gives me gender stereotyping vibes) than I can put in words what I like about the neutral one. Except maybe that it's the closest to how my ideal knitting corner would look ;)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like the granny room. I think it's the most distinctive out of those styles. Also I've been wanting plants hanging from the ceiling, so hopefully those are an actual thing.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Other than the pink, the Right corner (#3) is pretty close to my ideal craft room, so I'd be fine with either 2 or 3 (2 being nice and workshop-like)

Half the stuff in #1 is exactly my nightmare about this pack, so if that one wins, I'll doubtless bow out of further discussion or plans to purchase the pack.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    For me, it would definitely be either 2 or 3.

I don't hate 1 but the colors displayed in the art are a mess and clash front and centre. With other swatches they probably would look better. However, I don't see myself using that style of furniture a lot in regular houses, plus I think the concept of "only granny knits" is a bit outdated which makes me turn away from this style.

2 I like because it fits into every house and with any sim, be it elder or YA or teen, male or female. I'd also see myself using a lot of those assets in multiple builds and houses not just one or two. I especially like the basket with the yarn and that cabinet full of yarn balls. It's a style for what you'd see in a crafts room nowadays in someone's house which I like. And looking closely that object on the desk could be one of the gameplay objects, as a way of knitting.

3 I also really like. It's very modern and also a very current style for a crafts room. It's cute, full of clutter and decor. I especially love that square desk with wheels, an asset which we currently do not have. I also really like those storage cabinets for the yarn. And the color scheme is great.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    The granny chic one is first for me and the neutral one second. I'm not a fan of the pink one.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    The first one kind of reminds me of stuff we have already from other stuff packs with the expectation of the doilies.
    The bottom one in the middle is the closest to what I wanted with a somewhat industrial/home crafted look.
    The pink one is interesting colors and I like the basic and clean designs but I wonder what other palettes it will come in.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I like them all but the pink one I guess :)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    There's good stuff in all three, but I'm really liking the top two in the picture. The bottom one is okay, but I really adore the bright colors and objects in the other two. I'd be fine if either won.

For my official vote though, I think I'll easily be going with first one in the image above.
  • codylynnclarkcodylynnclark Posts: 11 New Member
    I like the middle one. Most of my houses are pretty industrial/minimal. The granny one could have some nice clutter objects and CAS for elders but I can't imagine ever using the furniture.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    The granny style is my favourite because it is the most missing in the game. The other two options look like the Parenthood GP.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    The granny style is my favourite because it is the most missing in the game. The other two options look like the Parenthood GP.

I keep seeing people say this, and then I think about the parenthood, Seasons and Cats and Dogs packs - especially Cats and dogs which has a whole living room set that is similar to the granny theme. Just without the doilies.
    I don't have Cats and Dogs because I never enjoy them as much as I think I will so I don't really know what's in that pack in terms of furniture.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I keep seeing people say this, and then I think about the parenthood, Seasons and Cats and Dogs packs - especially Cats and dogs which has a whole living room set that is similar to the granny theme. Just without the doilies.

I think we must face the the fact that after 25 packs almost all contemporary and 19th century styles are at least teased in TS4. If they wanted to give us something new, it would have to be either futuristic like TS3 ITF or from a really far-away era like Renaissance or Ancient Rome (I always wanted an Ancient Rome Pack!!).
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm really jumping back and forth with cozy and grandma
    because I feel like combining them cozy items from both
    ._.

so I'll just list things I like about each theme for now

cozy one:
    - there is pillow on arm chair!!!!!!!! I WANT PILLOWS!!
    - the chair itself is very casual and I love that
    cause we keep having these fancy shapely chairs
    that don't look nearly comfy enough
    - warm and more natural/earthy colors
    - loom thing on desk ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gimme
    - the yarn rolls. they look perfect in this version. I want them all
    - boxes of yarns are so cuteeee
    -half finished knits cause they are mood
    -that rug which looks like hallway ragrug
    which are very common in houses here
    and I keep wanting them in my game
    grandma one:
    -not sure if those are embroidery hoops on wall but if so YES PLEASE RIGHT NOW
    -that yarn wall hanging thing i neeeeeeeed
    - BASKETS! GIMME BASKETS! BASKETS OF YARN! YES!
    - that shelf thing is pretty cool too
    - macrame plant hangers want very much
    - that ladder thing : 3
    - throw blanket basket? yaaaaas
    the pink room doesn't really make me feel them knitting vibes : /
    it looks more like sewing room and it irritates me o_o
    cause ''sewing not included''

also never been fond of the ikea-ish furnitures so there is that
    it also has cooler color palette and bleh me wants warm feeling stuff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Ancient Rome would be amazing! There was Roman-themed content in Sims 1, I'm pretty sure of that.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    2 or 3. The first one is just ugly as sin. I don't know any grannies who have a house like that.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    yellow room #1, pink a close second. Not a huge fan of 3.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    There was Roman or Greek Stuff in the Sims 3 store too, I agree though a lot of the furniture is starting to feel too samey... Roman would be awesome, I wish we had more Asian and medieval styles too. Also everything in this game feels too clean to me... CL came with some dirty beat up appliances but there's not enough of other old furniture items to complete a run-down look.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    voting for granny chic
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited December 2019
    Industrial:
    My favorite, because of the opportunities it brings for building more sweatshops creating workplaces for my starter sims. The objects here would also come in handy in off the grid and rags to riches gameplay that I like.
    I'm looking forward to the CAS options to go with this one.

Granny:
    My second favorite. I'd never put all of the items together like this (my poor elder sims would die instantly from the sight), but most of the individual objects are appealing to me.

Upper right I dare not put a name on it:
    If I had to say something nice about this, then that it perhaps would go well in a kid's room, but I feel I already have enough variety for those.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I like these plants too. If you use bb.showliveeditobjects I think I saw some plants hanging from the ceiling.
    musteni wrote: »
    I like the granny room. I think it's the most distinctive out of those styles. Also I've been wanting plants hanging from the ceiling, so hopefully those are an actual thing.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    My second favorite. I'd never put all of the items together like this (my poor elder sims would die instantly from the sight), but most of the individual objects are appealing to me.

this is what is tripping me because as overall style I like the ''industrial'' one
    but grandma one has many interesting decor items I know I'd use tons of if i had them

still I feel like I'll end up voting cozy since it is after all asking about theme not the furnitures

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited December 2019
    The granny one!!!!!!

I soooo love:
    1. the colourful knitting on the furnitures!!!!
    2. The macrame hanging plants!!!
    3. The macrame wall art!!!
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I like them all, although the Cozy Craft Workshop (the second one) slightly less than the others (it's just a bit boring).The third one, DIY Delight, reminds me of the aesthetic of the Parenthood pack, so I wouldn't mind it because I like crosspack coordination in objects and deco. My most favourite is the "Granny Chic" theme (the first picture), though.

Definite wins there include the floral-striped, wainscotted wallpaper (we don't have enough of that type), the cute cuckoo clock, the tiny china tea set (wouldn't it be great if you could actually brew and pour tea from it?), the 3 embroidered circles on the wall, the pretty wall shelf with the glassware and the pink knitted toy rabbit, the macrame knitted hanging plant holders, the knitting baskets, and the overflowing yarn holder. It's all very colourful and cosy, perfect for a country style home (a great add-on to Cats and Dogs), and for elders. The doilies on the chair and the coffee table are exactly like some my grandmother used to have around her house.

To be honest, there are elements that I would like from each room. From the second room, I would like the handloom, the little purple donkey (or whatever that is), the wall organizer, and the yarn rack with the cute wrapped yarn rolls; from the third room, the parenthood-style work table, the hanging yarn lights (or whatever they are), the wall organizer and bulletin board, as well as the two shelving units. Of course, I know we can't have all these nice things, just like we can't apparently have pottery or glassblowing along with knitting, either. So that being the case, the first room is my choice.