Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - December 2019

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Hey Simmers!

@SimGuruNinja and @SimGuruDuke are getting ready to host December Maxis Monthly! Mark the date in your calendar -> December 16th, 11AM PT (check what time that is for you here).

friwuc6q5dt2.png

SimGuruMegz & SimsTV have an update on The Sims Mobile and The Sims FreePlay, we will talk about the 2nd vote for the Community Stuff Pack and a little bird told me there's one more big announcement in store. :)

Join us here on Monday!

PS. This thread will be locked until short before the livestream.
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Opening here! Let's get ready :)
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    15 minutes!
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    *crickets*
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    In late? Again.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Excited to see what the surprise is :D
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    its 7:05pm and your late
    Yep, running a bit behind, but there we go!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I forgot about this! Lucky I got here just in time!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    These SimGurus are such fun. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    How cool for console players. Selfishly hoping for something for PC though. ;)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    So, nothing big or exciting. 20 minutes of my life wasted.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I missed the beginning -- what's happening to the mobile games? (I don't play them, just curious.)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    CONSOLE IS GETTING THE GALLERY NEXT YEAR ! Yay 😊🥳 thank you EA
    How cool for console players. Selfishly hoping for something for PC though. ;)

I imagine all the PC players were. Hopefully next time :) Still, I see their point about opening up features to the console players. I hope all the console players have a lot of fun with the gallery.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    while i'm happy about them integrating the galleries together, i thought they would announce something else tbh... this is the FIRST time they've ever made a console version that looks just like the pc version! we moving on up y'all
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Thank you. Enjoyed the broadcast. Sad to see so much rudeness and self-entitlement though. Hope everyone on the Team have a Very Merry Christmas (Holiday) and All the Best for the New Year
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Cross platform gallery sounds awesome <3 I’m super stoked for console players :smiley:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I don't play on console, but I think it's great news that they are getting access to the gallery. The gallery is such a big part of my TS4 gaming experience that I really could not imagine playing without it. To be honest, I wasn't sure it was ever going to happen. So yay for all console players, see you on the gallery soon! :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited December 2019
    That's cool that the console players will be getting the galley too, but how is this gonna affect the performance of the gallery since it's gonna be cross platform? As of right now, I am already seeing performance issues such as somewhat long load times when searching etc as compared to even a couple of years ago.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    That the Gallery will be cross platform is, imo, huge. Each side having access to the other's builds is great news, really. Because I'm sure there are a lot of awesome builders on Console and now they get the chance to show off their work.

Or, as a PC player, I get a whole heap of new people's builds I can add when I don't feel like doing it myself. I'm going to be even more spoiled for choice. Yes, Sturgeon's Law applies to a certain extent of course, but that other 10% will doubtless be worth it.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Was hoping for something else for the big announcement but congrats to the console peeps joining the gallery next year. Hope ya’ll have fun
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
    The gurus were fun to listen to and I enjoyed hearing more news about the upcoming vote.
    edited December 2019
    This is something many console players were asking for, and cross platform also so we will be able to share our creations with many more Simmers! :)

In case anyone missed it, you can watch it again here:

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Does the moveobjects cheat work on consoles? If not, I’ll finally be able to download lots without worrying about things not being functional because whoever made the lot couldn’t be bothered to play test.