Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack vote - Theme and gameplay results!

Comments

• BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    I was sad Happy Haunts didn't win, but Arts & Crafts was my second choice, so that's fine. I was surprised that knitting won, though. I'm wondering if some people weren't really sure what the other options were and chose the most recognizable of the bunch? I was personally really interested in glass fabrication and what we could have done with that. Thinking of all the glassblowing, stained glass, mosaics, and whatnot that our sims could create really piqued my interest. Plus, I've always wanted to give glassblowing a shot but I'm too accident-prone to go through with it outside the safety of the Sims 4. Ahem. Sculpting would have been fun, too.

I'm hoping this stuff pack will be fun and I'm glad so many people are excited about it, though it's not my first choice. I think I'll be more likely to purchase it if there is enough variety with the knitting. I only bought Laundry Day SP because of the CAS and Build items, so the knitting might become the same. I am excited to see what other options pop up as we move forward with this community vote!

Yeah, Glassblowing was my top choice for A&C (I think?? Not sure) too. But Knitting is cool too. I hope they include multiple features, the top 2 (knitting & sculpting - which, I believe, was my 2nd choice) at least. Maybe, just maybe, they'll include Glassblowing too, the 3rd place.

Oh, I would love it if they included at least one more in the top 3! If they did do at least sculpting, that could encompass both arts and crafts. We shall see soonish, I suppose!
  • JassieteacakeJassieteacake Posts: 237 Member
    Hooray! I was rooting for Arts & Crafts but was never able to vote since I was travelling abroad on holiday :-)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I said this elsewhere but I voted for arts and crafts though knitting was my third choice. I'd be thrilled to see pottery and ideally the glass concept with the exhibitions because that's what I really wanted to add but I am happy for the knitters and can go with the flow.

Yes, I think some sims of all ages will use it in my game. It will be great for cold weather and for families. Cozy items would make winter more interesting. I generally wanted arts and crafts including multiple arts and crafts because I have some creative sims who could become more complex, not just painters and musicians.

I hope that a version of Happy Haunts is released for those wanting it. I don't even know if it's something I'd buy but I do think there's enough interest that they should make the pack. I actually don't really want to play as the Grim Reaper or to concentrate on death. I wouldn't find it to be funny. I'm not that interested in ghosts or supernaturals. I could be interested in having a psychic but it would be a quirky sim rather than a case of my really wanting to fully explore the pack. Unless I really wanted the CAS/BB, I'd be inclined to give it a pass unless I'd end up bundling it later. That's basically how I felt about MFPS because I don't care about pets in costumes.

So like I said, I hope they keep making supernatural content for that crowd but I'm happy to see some stuff I'll actually use. It won't be watching paint dry. I'm sure there will be fun animations and hopefully a lot of room for creativity. If they bring in a color wheel, I think that'd be awesome. If they add pottery and maybe stained glass, I'd be delighted. If they also allow for some embroidery or embroidered items, that sounds great. I could see all of those going together. I only expect the knitting but I'd be excited to get more than that.

As for the CAS/BB which is a major part of an SP, I am interested in that and in seeing how the vote plays out. I don't want just dusty old elder items. I'm as likely to put my elders in chunky modern sweaters with cocoa and books as anything.

Anyway, I voted for a theme that I would actually use in the game more. I hope that some of these other items get patched into other packs. At this point, supernaturalism and realism are two separate styles with large followings. I like it when my low drama households have more to do and when they can really spend time together or when sims can have different interests from each other. It actually makes the game more replayable for me. It's not boring when you are playing a bunch of sims.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ElBSimMeElBSimMe Posts: 2 New Member
    Yay for the arts and crafts!!! I can’t wait to buy it 🤗
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited December 2019
    I've seen a few people commenting that they missed the vote because they only come to the forums occasionally, and it occurs to me that EA's decision to run the next vote over Christmas - 23rd December to 3rd January - will probably incur even more complaints due to the fact that many people have busy schedules at this time of year if they are travelling or have to see different groups of relatives. It doesn't affect me personally because I don't have to travel or anything but I think this was a misstep on EA's part. I'm surprised they are't starting the vote on 2nd January or something instead.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    Maybe EA prefer kids and teens taking part in the votes as they tend to be less busy during Christmas holidays.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • AddiecblAddiecbl Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Some of us believe the Happy Haunts content would better suit a game pack. I think EA can do a good job of giving us knitting, appropriate themed CAS and buy mode items, and ideally another crafty activity, in a stuff pack, but a fully-fleshed out paranormal game pack would be a better fit to get the above careers, including 2 branches, reward items and uniforms, and other themed content.

Yea I get the whole it was only for one thing for the theme so there'd would've been no way we got 3 new careers in a stuff pack but I mean Knitting beat pottery?! Like how?! Don't get me wrong I learned to knit in my personal life years ago and to crochet and enjoyed it at one point but I didn't want to watch my sims do it. I personally won't be purchasing this pack just because as I stated I don't care to watch any of my sims to do it. Pottery would've been more entertaining if they did like a "Ghost" tribute with a sim and a ghost sim in the trailer making pottery. Eh it is what is. Hope EA saw how close second Happy Haunts was and actually does decide to release another Game Pack with the 3 new careers. Now that I'd spend the $20 for happily.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I voted for knitting because it was the closest option to the sewing machine we had in Sims 2, and I loved the customisable clothing we got with that so I was hoping for the wool-based equivalent of that. I would have gone for pottery otherwise.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CrankyfuzzCrankyfuzz Posts: 1 New Member
    Happy Haunts was my vote because well reapers... but woot I can add knitting to my already to realistic washing dishes, doing laundry, game. I do all that stuff in real life except I crochet. Sitting and knitting virtual clothes That I will then have to wash, dry, while doing the dishes and taking out the trash wait I can do that in real life.....

I wonder if developers realize or even care how a very large not on their forums sim players prefer the fantasy, occult, supernatural not granny over the tedious boring stuff they have released for 4. Or how many are quitting or refusing to buy 4 because of the lack of variety. Just because some of us have been playing for 20 years doesn’t mean we’re ready for virtual knitting.
  • CrystalFlowersCrystalFlowers Posts: 1 New Member
    I didn't realize i needed a knitting in the sims until right now
  • Phelix52Phelix52 Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="Crankyfuzz;c-17339692"]Happy Haunts was my vote because well reapers... but woot I can add knitting to my already to realistic washing dishes, doing laundry, game. I do all that stuff in real life except I crochet. Sitting and knitting virtual clothes That I will then have to wash, dry, while doing the dishes and taking out the trash wait I can do that in real life.....

I wonder if developers realize or even care how a very large not on their forums sim players prefer the fantasy, occult, supernatural not granny over the tedious boring stuff they have released for 4. Or how many are quitting or refusing to buy 4 because of the lack of variety. Just because some of us have been playing for 20 years doesn’t mean we’re ready for virtual knitting.[/quote]

Exactly ^ I probably wont vote on this anymore or even get it when they crap it out or any more packs (ep, gp, or sp) they put out unless it really catches my attention and isn't a waste of money. I ready for the sims 5 already I just hope they bring some of the cool stuff from the sims 3 like a giant open world, cars, etc..., instead of small closed off neighborhoods, ig we'll see.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Phelix52 wrote: »
    Crankyfuzz wrote: »
    Happy Haunts was my vote because well reapers... but woot I can add knitting to my already to realistic washing dishes, doing laundry, game. I do all that stuff in real life except I crochet. Sitting and knitting virtual clothes That I will then have to wash, dry, while doing the dishes and taking out the trash wait I can do that in real life.....

I wonder if developers realize or even care how a very large not on their forums sim players prefer the fantasy, occult, supernatural not granny over the tedious boring stuff they have released for 4. Or how many are quitting or refusing to buy 4 because of the lack of variety. Just because some of us have been playing for 20 years doesn’t mean we’re ready for virtual knitting.

Exactly ^ I probably wont vote on this anymore or even get it when they plum it out or any more packs (ep, gp, or sp) they put out unless it really catches my attention and isn't a waste of money. I ready for the sims 5 already I just hope they bring some of the cool stuff from the sims 3 like a giant open world, cars, etc..., instead of small closed off neighborhoods, ig we'll see.

Lol. But if people get to participate in sims 5 content we will still end up with knitting part 2 so.... not holding my breath for it. I'm just hoping we get a lot more cool content later on in the sims 4. Hopefully they don't forget about us "non realism" players completely. Although I play a combination of both. I have to respect everbodies wants and opinions, but I just feel a lot of opportunities get wasted in this game, there is so many cool ideas (similar to happy haunts, fun tech, arcade, dangerous stuff and more etc) they can fill it with but since people get to participate in how the game goes for the most part, it gets lost under what I consider boring ideas.

Still buying that pack when it comes though. I'm determined to find "something" to do with it 🤔
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • lahdeialahdeia Posts: 9 New Member
    ah nuts.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited December 2019
    I do not remember If I commented before , but I was one who chose Happy Haunt's as well so I am not happy it did not win, But Congrat's to those who wanted Art's & Craft's , glad you got your knitting. not sure I want to buy this pack though, will wait and see what they add I guess.
    P.S. I do hope they still add in Happy Haunt's after this though, I am also still hoping for Werewolves to be added, :)
  • lucciealucciea Posts: 99 Member
    argh knitting won.. not many people are going to use the pack tbh. hopefully it does have a use :/
    im weird but i like it that way!

j8k3xea.png
  • Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member
    Pleased with the results! It's going to be so adorable watching my little granny sim knit. Elders needed more hobbies.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Nite0wlz wrote: »
    Pleased with the results! It's going to be so adorable watching my little granny sim knit. EldersSIMS needed more hobbies.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Pepper61Pepper61 Posts: 84 Member
    Awe Happy haunts would be awesome!!
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Mrs Crumplebottom is pleased.

300px-TS2N_Mrs_Crumplebottom.jpg
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    I think arts and crafts would work better as a Game Pack. Think of all the new hobbies and skills we could have in addition to knitting. More diverse art skills like sketching, sculpting, scrapbooking, and more
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    > @Crankyfuzz said:
    > Happy Haunts was my vote because well reapers... but woot I can add knitting to my already to realistic washing dishes, doing laundry, game. I do all that stuff in real life except I crochet. Sitting and knitting virtual clothes That I will then have to wash, dry, while doing the dishes and taking out the trash wait I can do that in real life.....
    >
    > I wonder if developers realize or even care how a very large not on their forums sim players prefer the fantasy, occult, supernatural not granny over the tedious boring stuff they have released for 4. Or how many are quitting or refusing to buy 4 because of the lack of variety. Just because some of us have been playing for 20 years doesn’t mean we’re ready for virtual knitting.

But this is a community vote. You can't act like that the dev's are oblivious to what the community wants when the majority of people voted for knitting. I would have preferred Happy Haunts or Science/Tech but I'll just have to live with this. If you don't want the mundane, don't buy it. A lot of simmers forget that these packs aren't mandatory. When I played the sims 3, I never bought the stuff packs because none of them interested me. Same thing goes for the Sims 3 Store. Don't buy what you know you won't enjoy
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I got admit the design ideas on maxis monthly looks great 😊
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Crankyfuzz wrote: »

I am a supernatural player and I voted for the Arts and Crafts pack. The Reaper Career didn't interest me, and we already have a haunted lot trait. So that's 2/5ths of the pack options that had they won (and Reaper likely would have won) that would have dropped the pack from my radar. Arts and Crafts was 0/5 in that count, and the only one of the packs that came in that way.

I voted for knitting because they didn't have sewing and I like the idea of my sims being able to make their own clothing and toys, even if 90% of it is just recycled from CAS and you don't actually need to buy clothing in Sims 4.
  • reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    edited December 2019
    Shame. I don’t actually play the game much less elders, no idea why I would ever want to either. I just stick to the build mode so the stained glass had my vote, it sounded really pretty. Alongside a lot of the stuff from Happy Haunts, pretty much only those had anything interesting to me for gameplay. Well I’ll still buy it, cause builder, but just lost all interest lol... Win some lose some, I got laundry I wanted last time so happy enough.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • NcTysonNcTyson Posts: 6 New Member
    Oh golly gee...knitting...you've finally found a way to kill my immortal vampires and spellcasters. They've been hoping Happy Haunts would win every category.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top